Players That When YOU Sign... Are Awful!

Just wandering if anyone has seen players play really well for other clubs, yet in other games when they sign them, they play awful and don't score (if it's a striker). It's rather annoying but i guess maybe it's the manager's (the users') stats?

It's happened to me with Vagner Love and Goran Pandev. Vagner Love i signed for £7.5 million for Man City and he scored 2 goals in between August and January. He played pretty regularly and i sold him in January to Lazio for £5 million.

Pandev scored an hatrick against me for Newcastle but when i'd signed him for City in the game before, he'd done nothing. Got a few goals but not as much as at Newcastle or Chelsea, in other games.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Well, I guess it's fairly normal that not every signing you make will play to its best, just like in real life...

It depends on luck a bit, but I guess mainly on whether the guy is actually good within your tactics. I expect many people don't know which attributes are important for their style of play (if they are even aware of their style). Then even good players will not suit their tactics as their qualities are not maxxed out by the tactic. (see this in a game myself currently where I'm Barca and both Messi and Ronaldinho are far off what they could be but I have success and have not found a way yet to maxx those two out but still have the same amount of success - but at least I know it's my fault ;))

Manuel Fischer from VFB Stuttgart :mad: Signed him for £7.5m and he scored once in 34 games, next season I shipped him off on loan to Liverpool with a £7.5m clause, he went on to score 28 goals in the PL and they signed him at the end of the loan. He's now worth over £20m!

Stefan Kiessling, signed for £9m and did nothing, sold to Spurs for £5m and now he's banging them in again :mad:

Just wandering if anyone has seen players play really well for other clubs, yet in other games when they sign them, they play awful and don't score (if it's a striker). It's rather annoying but i guess maybe it's the manager's (the users') stats?

It's happened to me with Vagner Love and Goran Pandev. Vagner Love i signed for £7.5 million for Man City and he scored 2 goals in between August and January. He played pretty regularly and i sold him in January to Lazio for £5 million.

Pandev scored an hatrick against me for Newcastle but when i'd signed him for City in the game before, he'd done nothing. Got a few goals but not as much as at Newcastle or Chelsea, in other games.

Has this happened to anyone else?

God, yes, this is an awful part of the game! Low and behold different managers could actually use different tactics and roles therefore bringing out different parts of that player's game. What we really want in FM09 is exactly the same AI manager managing every club in the game. That'd be just like real life.

God, yes, this is an awful part of the game! Low and behold different managers could actually use different tactics and roles therefore bringing out different parts of that player's game. What we really want in FM09 is exactly the same AI manager managing every club in the game. That'd be just like real life.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed :| I wasn't saying this was bad, just it's frustrating and seeing if it happened to anyone else. Can see where you're coming from though, it would be unrealistic if it didn't happen.

Going back to the other posts, it probably is that the players don't fit into our system or their attributes don't suite the style of play eg. a passing game. A lot of the time, i build a tactic to suit my playmakers or wingers and maybe not my strikers, which this problem seems to happen the most with.

No never happened to me tbh.

Whenever a player doesn't perform a just provide a s.s. of his tactics and people are kind enough to help me out.

Its usually the wrong personal instructions for that player. Nothing else.

Sergio Aguero for 38m, did well the first season, second season he didnt score after from january to april and only got a goal in the last league game, and in season 3 he hasnt scored from october to mid-january where I now am.

theo walcott, was banging them in for england and his other team so signed him for my current man utd. Was pure baws, so stopped playing him for a year. Wayne Rooney just got injured so I put him in up front and he is now starting to bang in goals. So I am now happy even though it has taken over a year to pay off.

Walcott will be inconsistent if you play him upfront. He doesnt have the stats to be consistent playing as a striker. If you want consistency out of him, then play him on the right wing and he'll deliver the goods pretty much every game. And also, if you bring him off the bench regularly, he's very, very effective then as well. Will usually create atleast a couple of chances because of his pace. Whether that leads to a goal or not is another matter altogether.

As for the OP, yeah that's happened to me. Rafael Van Der Vaart and Ricardo Quaresma are the two main culprits. I've never been able to get them to perform consistently. Although on my current Arsenal save I decided to buy VDV to give him one last chance before FM09 comes out and for the first time, I've actually got him playing very well indeed. I forgot the exact figures but he didnt have a bad game in the 18 odd games he played for me in half a season (signed him in Jan).

I didnt sign him, however i was managing chelsea and i promoted Scott Sinclair to my first team i was really short of strikers he played 42 games, league and cup and he scored 4 goals i then sold him to Bolton for 1M and he scored 17 in 15 games how does that happen and he is now worth 5M and hes only 22.

I didnt sign him, however i was managing chelsea and i promoted Scott Sinclair to my first team i was really short of strikers he played 42 games, league and cup and he scored 4 goals i then sold him to Bolton for 1M and he scored 17 in 15 games how does that happen and he is now worth 5M and hes only 22.

He's very similar to Walcott in than he doesn't have the stats to play as a striker. I'd say he'd be much better as a supersub or a winger.

Lukas Podolski - 9M - Did **** for two seasons and left for 7M

Ricardo Oliviera - free - Scored a hat trick on his debut then broke his leg. Came back off of injury and his first game back he scores two then tears a muscle....:(

Fabregas - You don't want to know - I don't want to talk about it :(

Reginaldo - 15M - Had three great seasons at Napoli so I thought I would buy him. Never really got started and had a lackluster season and definitely not worth 15M

Carboni - 5M (I think) - Thought I would add some experience and tenacity to my midfield and well I thought Juan Manuel Torres + Carboni would turn out to be awesome but not so much.

Juan Manuel Torres is only good for three things. Yellow Cards, Red Cards and breaking the oppositions legs. He has no offensive ability what so ever but does that matter? He took out Ibra and Pazzini for around a year. Anyone who does that is a legend in my book even though he can't play for more than 45 mins without getting a red :p

Archived