At what point do you fine players for red cards?

Personally I've always done warning for the first two, then the third its a weeks wages. But this seems to always make the player kick off and some of his team mates. Should I just not bother with a fine at all?

Players don't understand a build up of cards, each situation is individual.

Thanks for this info. This is going to be amazingly useful going forward! I guess I was being a bit too hopeful that a footballer had remembered something that had happened a few weeks ago! ;)

I've found that players kick off if you fine them after they picked up a two yellows sending off - even if previously warned. Is this the same with everyone else? I always go for warning with that but if it's stupidity in an important game or has cost us a win then I want to fine them for it!

To be honest I don't see the point of fining players for red cards. It's something I never do and have never had any problems with morale/behaviour from it. What I tend to do is to back my player in the press conference, so when I'm asked about the sending off, I just say 'So and So just isn't the sort of player to do it deliberately' (Or the response similar to that). And it seems to work for me.

To be honest I don't see the point of fining players for red cards. It's something I never do and have never had any problems with morale/behaviour from it. What I tend to do is to back my player in the press conference, so when I'm asked about the sending off, I just say 'So and So just isn't the sort of player to do it deliberately' (Or the response similar to that). And it seems to work for me.

Fining players can alter their hidden attributes which can mean they are less likely to receive red cards in the future, particularly the violent/aggressive type.

Not fining players when you should I believe can also alter their hidden attributes meaning they are more likely to pick cards in the future.

Not fining players can also cause problems within your squad if others feel you are letting the player "get away with it"

Fining players can alter their hidden attributes which can mean they are less likely to receive red cards in the future, particularly the violent/aggressive type.

Not fining players when you should I believe can also alter their hidden attributes meaning they are more likely to pick cards in the future.

Not fining players can also cause problems within your squad if others feel you are letting the player "get away with it"

Thanks for your reply! It's an interesting point re the hidden attributes! Now you mention it when I have seen red cards given to my players it tends to be the same players most of the time. But to be honest, I receive very few red cards during the season. Even though I don't discipline my players for sendings off, no one in the squad seems bothered by it! I think a lot of that must come down to how I deal with things in the press conference afterwards. I usually just say words to the effect that playing the way we do is going to lead to cards, so it's to be expected. That's also one reason I let players get away with it a bit, because they're basically following my orders so I don't feel that I can discipline them too severely because of that.

I think it depends how you have set out the team to play. If you have told certain players to close down & tackle hard, you can hardly complain if they pick up a lot of yellows, particularly in the lower leagues where they are less skilled. If I was playing & following orders from the manager & picked up a lot of cards for following instructions I would be quite p*ssed if the D*ck Head then started warning & fining me. If the game isn't taking that into account it is wrong.

I fine a week. No questions asked. Then if they complain i tell them its club policy and everyone is treated the same. Seems to work

How can you tell him it is a club policy since there is no such thing in the game?

In many real life clubs , the players know in advance , what the punishment will be if they are late or losing a trianing , or if they sent off.

The only thing that can change the players from moaning when fined , is to have this option available ( defining team policies) in the game .

There is this option available in the dialogue that you have with the player , i have seen this.

But the issue is that this kind of thing ( team policy about sent off) does not really exist in the game.

Did you define anywhere , that my team policy is warning in 2 yellows , one week in red card?

So the way that this is implemented , is that you fine a player he is complaining and you reply to him it is team policy. Does the player really knows that??? No.

if he knew this policy he should never come to complain about it.

Archived