Bedford Town

Hello everyone,

I would like to manage Bedford Town FC without messing around with the database (I want to stay with the original DB).

So I have to wait for Bedford to appear in the lowest league.

I know that this is probably a random feature, but can someone who has all english leagues loaded and has played more than 5 seasons, tell me does Bedford ever appear in their save and in which season?

I have started my new career, you can read about it here. All I need now is to Bedford appear so I can begin...

Thanks

It will take a while probably as they are in the "evo stik leaugue southern" , it works on reputation. So ho higher the rep , the much more chance you have to get promoted.

Code:

Ryman Football League Premier Division

Billericay 1550

Bognor Regis 1650

Brentwood 1200

Burgess Hill 1300

Canvey Island 1600

Dulwich Hamlet 1800

East Thurrock 1400

Enfield Town 1350

Farnborough 1850

Grays 1450

Hampton & Richmond 1650

Harrow 1300

Hendon 1600

Kingstonian 1700

Leatherhead 1250

Leiston 1250

Lewes 1600

Merstham 1250

Met Police 1350

Needham Market 1250

Staines 1550

Tonbridge 1700

VCD 1050

Wingate & Finchley 1250

Code:

Calor Gas League Southern Premier Division

Bedworth 1100

Bideford 1100

Biggleswade Town 1150

Cambridge City 1600

Chesham 1450

Chippenham 1450

Cirencester 1250

Dorchester 2100

Dunstable 950

Frome 1100

Histon 1650

Hitchin 1250

Hungerford 1000

Kettering 1950

King's Lynn 1550

Leamington 1650

Merthyr Town 1300

Paulton 1150

Poole Town 1050

Redditch 1650

Slough 1300

St. Neots 1500

Stratford 1000

Weymouth 1600

Code:

Evo-Stik League Northern Premier Division

Ashton Utd 1600

Barwell 1450

Blyth 1700

Buxton 1550

Colwyn Bay 1700

Darlington 1883 1750

Frickley 1450

Grantham 1500

Halesowen 1500

Hyde 1600

Ilkeston 1600

Marine 1500

Matlock 1500

Mickleover 1400

Nantwich 1500

Ramsbottom 1350

Rushall 1550

Salford 1650

Skelmersdale 1550

Stamford 1450

Stourbridge 1500

Sutton Coldfield 1400

Whitby 1500

Workington 1700

I hate to disappoint you, but I'm pretty sure Bedford cannot be promoted to the playable leagues in the original database. They play in the Southern League Division 1 Central, in the 8th tier, and as far as I'm aware, only teams from the 7th tier can be promoted to the playable National Leagues.

To make Bedford playable, you will either have to use the editor or use a lower-league database, and then start a new game.

Assuming you don't want to mess around with the DB too much, the simplest workaround is perhaps to swap Bedford with any team in the Southern League Premier Division to make them playable. You may have to increase Bedford's reputation to around 1000-1500 to increase their chances of being promoted.

I have never seen anyone from SI confirm or deny this, so it is purely speculation, but I think teams from below the highest inactive league can theoretically be promoted. The chances are just very slim.

Unless you're completely 100% unwilling to touch the editor at all, I would suggest just swapping Bedford for the lowest rated team in the Vanarama South and make no other changes whatsoever.

The only alternative is to save the game just before the season update and just reload 1000 times until Bedford - maybe - get promoted...

I have never seen anyone from SI confirm or deny this, so it is purely speculation, but I think teams from below the highest inactive league can theoretically be promoted. The chances are just very slim.

Unless you're completely 100% unwilling to touch the editor at all, I would suggest just swapping Bedford for the lowest rated team in the Vanarama South and make no other changes whatsoever.

The only alternative is to save the game just before the season update and just reload 1000 times until Bedford - maybe - get promoted...

I've only got Serie A and B running, yet Parma have reached Serie A. It must therefore be possible for teams to promote from below the highest inactive league although I would suspect it needs a massive reputation compared to the teams around them.

I've only got Serie A and B running, yet Parma have reached Serie A. It must therefore be possible for teams to promote from below the highest inactive league although I would suspect it needs a massive reputation compared to the teams around them.

You have missed the thing here, PArma are in the game as the league they play in (or 1 below) IS in the game. However teams 2+ leagues below the games lowest league are not.

The text I quoted stated highest inactive league. Parma started two leagues below my highest inactive league.

It may well be that the game is hardcoded to be one level below the highest theoretically inactive league, rather than actual, but that wasn't what I was talking about.

Thank you all for your replies!

I am very sorry to hear that the odds aren't so good to see Bedford in Conference South :(

Why have they dropped to level 8 :(

They should have taken me as their manager back in 2008., we would have been a Champions League team by now...

So, as far as I can see there are two options:

1. Load the db with level 8 included and start a new game

2. Choose another English club to attach myself to, instead of Bedford

I would love to play Bedford so much :( :( but without creating a new game... Perhaps I will try the 1000 loads tactics...

Yes, there is quite a difference between Bedford and Parma in reputation... It really isnt compareable...

Nothing to add to this conversation, other than why do you follow Bedford?

It is my home town and I go to most home games with my son's (and a few away). Have followed them since they re-formed at the New Eyrie. Just wondered why someone from Croatia would follow them.

It is my home town and I go to most home games with my son's (and a few away). Have followed them since they re-formed at the New Eyrie. Just wondered why someone from Croatia would follow them.

davehanson, I have played them on FM2006, when they were in a playable league. I have done wonders with the team, won the Champions League and Premiership several times and fallen in love with them. Pure sentiment does not allow me to play other teams if any chance of playing the Eagles exists :)

Of course, I would be delighted to visit a home game one day :)

I think I will try the FMRTE option, increase their reputation to 5000 and wait until they promote to the Conference South. Then load FMRTE again and decrease the reputation back to the lowest team in the league as it should be...

The text I quoted stated highest inactive league. Parma started two leagues below my highest inactive league.

It may well be that the game is hardcoded to be one level below the highest theoretically inactive league, rather than actual, but that wasn't what I was talking about.

Just want to clarify what I meant:

By "highest inactive league" I mean the league immediately below the lowest playable league. So in England that's the Regional Premiers (tier 7), in Italy it's Serie D (incl. Parma) etc. It shouldn't matter if you have all the playable levels selected or not.

You have missed the thing here, PArma are in the game as the league they play in (or 1 below) IS in the game. However teams 2+ leagues below the games lowest league are not.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Of course the English tier 8 leagues (the 6 regional first divisions) are in the database, including Bedford. Nothing new either...

If you check in game after the reset date after the first season. Re-load until Bedford are in the Southern Premier. Then holiday another season and repeat until they are promoted into conference south. It may take a long time, but its do-able.

If you check in game after the reset date after the first season. Re-load until Bedford are in the Southern Premier. Then holiday another season and repeat until they are promoted into conference south. It may take a long time, but its do-able.

Thanks, do you know the reset date for England?

Bedford is my local town and it's long amazed me that the team representing the main county town is as low down in the league pyramid as it is. I remember a season in the conference south a few years back, but they finished last. I've been a few times to the New Eyrie, the first was as a kid to watch an FA Cup first round game against the mighty Peterborough.. I reckon about 15 years ago. It's so nice to hear of all the possible Premiership and Champions League titles they could have had.

To crocop, if you don't want to holiday and save over and over, a nice challenge might be Biggleswade Town (who are a division higher than Bedford, so may get promoted at the end of season 1!). A small town just ten miles from Bedford with just a fifth of the population, but a solid team and in real life are on the cusp of the playoffs so might actually get promoted! The town is used to foreign investment, with their local rivals Biggleswade United boasting Guillem Balague (from Sky Sports Spanish football!) as their Director of Football (a bit random I know). Would definitely be great to take them to glory :thup:

By the way, I'm not biased- my local team who I go and watch are Ampthill Town (tier 10)!

Hello guys,

let me thank you all for contributing to this thread!

I have done my testing and the conclusion is that I can't get Bedford up to a playable league in a resonable time, so I really have to start a new career with modified database.

So I have downloaded Dan BHTFC level 23 database and started a new career with Bedford from the Southern Football League Divison One Central.

The full career updates for each season (like the previous FM15 career with Dresden) will be posted the blog www.all-fm.net but the update posts will be on several relevant places:

here on the community forums - LINK

fmscout - will update after first career post

facebook page - LINK

twitter - LINK

I would love if you could spare some time and visit the blog. Also if you have any suggestions, or perhaps would like to work with me on the blog itself please feel free to contact me (there is enough room for a lot of you on the blog, you could post your career updates too, or even better your articles about this beautiful game) :)

Cheers!

crorop / Marko Mourinho :)

Let me update you after my first half-season :)

We are currently 6th, one place below playoff position. Not bad since we were expected a mid table finish.

I hope we can push it on and grap ourselves a promotion spot in the first season...

I have been struggling with tactics, had too many draws this season. Finding it really hard to balance a good defence and a lethal attack... If one thing works, the other simply doesn't... It seems that this level is really a lot more random than I thought... It will be much harder than I thought :D

Any suggestions are welcome. The full report is at my blog HERE

Glad you're using DanBHTFC's file - it's a good one. I'm playing it starting at Level 23!

Re. an earlier conversation, Parma will have a very high reputation, which is why it can gain successive promotions in non-playable leagues. Bedford, to pardon a pun, are not in the same league!

You have my sympathy :p

Archived