Disable what your manager looks like?

I sure there was an option in beta to remove this, seems to have disappeared now. Along with the options for regens not to use this auto created faces it's something I always turned off bit now can't find the option.

I'm baffled by the hate this feature seems to get. It's not as polished as it could be, but if you really don't like it, you click straight through it, which like spankie says, takes a few seconds. Personally I think it adds a much-needed lighter touch to what is an extremely po-faced game a lot of the time.

I'm baffled by the hate this feature seems to get. It's not as polished as it could be, but if you really don't like it, you click straight through it, which like spankie says, takes a few seconds. Personally I think it adds a much-needed lighter touch to what is an extremely po-faced game a lot of the time.

and why would SI allow you to disable (what is essentially) a main selling point of FM16

sure, it might not look that good to you, but some people might think it looks great, particularly for the immersion aspect of it (I'm not particularly fussed about it either way), but some younger viewers might want to see their face in game

and yeah, once you've past the opening creation page, you barely have to look at it again

The thing is that SI have been asked to have an avatar on the touchline for years, almost ever since 3D was introduced.

They couldn't really put any kind of avatar in the technical area so a generic avatar is ruled out. So what they did is created a way for us to modify how our avatar looks. Sure it still needs work, quite a bit of work actually. But for a first stab at this its not too bad.

The thing that most people who don't like the feature fail to take into account is that the avatar you are generating a look for is a very, very much scaled up model of the avatar as seen on the touchline. Its that scaling up that makes the avatar look bad.

It would look better if we have a much better looking avatar we create and then scale it down into the game rather than scaling up the image from the game. But that would be too much work for an initial feature release.

SI will improve on this in the future, but don't expect a Fallout 4 style avatar generator because that would be overkill for an avatar that you can't see very much detail for. On mine I can barely see the yellow tie.

The thing is that SI have been asked to have an avatar on the touchline for years, almost ever since 3D was introduced.

They couldn't really put any kind of avatar in the technical area so a generic avatar is ruled out. So what they did is created a way for us to modify how our avatar looks. Sure it still needs work, quite a bit of work actually. But for a first stab at this its not too bad.

The thing that most people who don't like the feature fail to take into account is that the avatar you are generating a look for is a very, very much scaled up model of the avatar as seen on the touchline. Its that scaling up that makes the avatar look bad.

It would look better if we have a much better looking avatar we create and then scale it down into the game rather than scaling up the image from the game. But that would be too much work for an initial feature release.

SI will improve on this in the future, but don't expect a Fallout 4 style avatar generator because that would be overkill for an avatar that you can't see very much detail for. On mine I can barely see the yellow tie.

I'm rather disappointed there's no option to change the tie color.

I'm rather disappointed there's no option to change the tie color.

Think the tie changes colour depending on the team you're managing

Can't understand the outcry over this feature; it's not something I'm remotely interested in but it took up less than 10 seconds of my time and now I don't have to think about it again

Can't understand the outcry over this feature; it's not something I'm remotely interested in but it took up less than 10 seconds of my time and now I don't have to think about it again

Seems a shame that your tie has to match the team, not the suit you've selected...I know, I know, it's not a big deal, I can always go track-suit or parka.

If people are complaining about a part of the game that is effectively meaningless, then SI should be pleased, because it means they have no problem with the rest of the game. This is a good thing.

The avatar in the ME is fine.

The picture of the manager is a different story. Very few and very generic choice and taking away the fantasy and the option to imagine YOURSELF as that manager, as that face will look nothing like you.

Hence I fully understand anyone who woulk like to hide that avatar face from the game.

I just find it weird that there is no option to add a beard and glasses. No way I will be able to make my avatar look even remotely like me, then. And I wonder what Guardiola or Kloppo would look like if you scaled up their avatars... :lol:

and why would SI allow you to disable (what is essentially) a main selling point of FM16

sure, it might not look that good to you, but some people might think it looks great, particularly for the immersion aspect of it (I'm not particularly fussed about it either way), but some younger viewers might want to see their face in game

and yeah, once you've past the opening creation page, you barely have to look at it again

So creating a PS1 quality avatar from a very limited range of options is a main selling point of the game? No wonder the tactics and training are flawed again if so much time has been poured in to this 'feature'

Archived