Defensive midfielders what's the script with these players?????

jc1

As the title says, what's going on with defensive midfielders in this version of the game.

I'm playing 4-3-3, my midfield 3 are on the left CM(s), on the right AP(a) and the middle either CM(d) or DM(d) depending on the player chosen. All midfielders apart from the defensive ones are averaging 7.0-7.4, the defensive ones are lucky to get over 6.5 with 6.3-6.4 the norm. My 2 DM's are of a high quality and can play CM/DM(d) as a natural and have spec for the position.

As a trial I decided to play the CM(d) in a support role and he suddenly goes up to 7+ stat for the game, same goes for the DM, next game I reverted both players back to a defensive role and it was back to 6.5's again, all very perplexing, It seems any missed tackle or bad pass is heightened and he's dropping loads of points but as soon as he put back to support, his game stats go back up again.

I want to play with a defensive minded player as it adds balance to the midfield but at the moment the game is far too harsh on them and it's killing me watching two very good DM's struggling in game when on defend duty.

CDM rarely ever get great ratings but that doesn't mean they aren't preforming what you have them doing.

6.5 is about as good as it gets.

In FM15 i had J.Kimmich at a CM (Defensive Mid/Defend) roll and he had maybe 2 goals and 5 assists in 4-5 seasons but maintained a 88-90% pass completion rate and leading in interceptions always. Never above a 6.5 rating and when Bayer came calling to bring him home he went for 25m (bought for 3m).

I dunno what's going on. My DMd has 88% pass completion after 25 games , not a great deal of mistakes etc but is around 6.4 and being criticised for poor form.

A player seems to go from a bad rating to a good one with an assisy or goal but can go through the game banging passes about all day and get a poor rating.

I'd be happy to see the ratings system go and be replaced with something that just makes it easy to see if the player is doing well at his role.

We think there is an issue, but as said earlier in the thread please raise examples on the match engine bugs forum. Thanks.

Cheers Neil,

It seems to be acknowledged that there may be an issue, I just wanted to know if anyone else was having the same problem, as said annoying when his pass and tackle rate is good but he's getting 6.4's, turn him into a support role and back up to 7's again.

Who cares about the ratings?

I see whats going on on the pitch. Thats what matters.

A player's form can affect his morale, whether other clubs want to buy him, you can lose support from the fans for sticking with a player perceived as under performing, and there are probably other consequences.

That was not even entirely true before FM16, in FM16 the fans will crucify you for playing your wonder DM because he is doing badly according to score.

In previous FM's the problem lead to player to get dropped from national team and wanting to leave to get his career back on track, since AI DM's don't get bad scores. (Haven't played FM16 enough to know for sure if this is true, but it's likely)

That was not even entirely true before FM16, in FM16 the fans will crucify you for playing your wonder DM because he is doing badly according to score.

In previous FM's the problem lead to player to get dropped from national team and wanting to leave to get his career back on track, since AI DM's don't get bad scores. (Haven't played FM16 enough to know for sure if this is true, but it's likely)

In simulated leagues they get normal ratings, in active full detail leagues (that is: your own) they get the same bad ratings

I do as it's been said it affects their morale and supporters will get on your back to drop him, even though his passing/tackling is ok.

I don't do simulated leagues, it's all leagues fully playable. As always it isn't a good idea to assume...

I'm not sure what the problem is here? I was only saying - since you asked about FM 16 - that the bug does not only effect the ratings of your own DMs, but all of the DMs in your league, but not in other leagues (which supports your national team argument), because only "fully detailed" matches get this bug. Full detail means, that all matches are completely played out through the match engine. The other leagues, playable or not, only get a sort of simulated results and statistics and therefore ratings. The bug therefore only exists in your own league, as by default most players have only their own league on full detail (again, this is not about "playable" or "view only"), because it would take a week in real life to process the matches of all 300 or what leagues in the game on full detail. You can easily check: Full detailed leagues have all their matches available to be watched in their entire lenght.

I just came on here looking to see if anyone had this very same issue. I play 4-2-3-1 and despite playing well, making tackles, interceptions and having a decent passing accuracy both my cm's are on ratings lower than 7.0. I think it's because of mistakes. Lars Bender has decent passing, tackling and heading ratio and has also made 72 interceptions in 8 league games (which seems hell of a lot, though i do press high which may be the reason behind that) but then he has also made 37 mistakes (Which also seems a hell of a lot) which i imagine is keeping his rating down.

Archived