A Simple Suggestion That Will Likely Benefit No One But Me

So there we were, me and the Woof (my dog -- he handles training), managing a poopy little backwater team in the NI2 in a sixty-seven-league database extravaganza. We were both nodding off while the game engine chewed its way through a couple of match-heavy days in October 2018 when, all of a sudden, it hit me: why not generate a simple beep (the game, not Woof) when it comes back from one of its ten-minute computational snoozefests? That way, we could continue uninterrupted with our educational endeavors (primarily watching Melrose Place reruns) and not have to check back minute-by-minute to see if the electron gods had finally returned control of our computer to us. As a bonus, we'd suggest that this massively-important step forward be added as an optional checkbox for those who don't need it and that the game signal with an increasing number of beeps the longer the computer run goes. Yes, yes, we know, me and the Woof need to get out more. We shall try.

Pokerstars added a chime not that long ago which goes off when a break finishes.

Wondered what it was the first time I heard it but its certainly useful when you are alt/tabbed out doing something else.

Needs to be something we can turn on or off mid save though as I can imagine it would become annoying if it was going off every few seconds.

Simple idea and it's not bad. I like that idea and might even use it myself. As Cougar said, would need to be something you can switch on or off and preferably separate from the match sounds too. I'd want the beep on, but no other sounds.

Don't forget to add to the wishlist. :thup:

Would only be beneficial for those that has loaded far too many leagues and players than their processor can handle (within a reasonable time). For the rest of us it would just be annoying. Don't you think?

Man, I thought I was one of those very patient FM'ers, loading every league (but most on view only), about 160K players using advanced data base settings - but I would never put up with a 10 minute wait while processing on congested match days. No way. A minute - ok. 2 minutes - hmmm.... but 10!?

Me and the Woof don't mind the ten-minute wait, we just go over and play Cities Skylines for a while. We'd just like to know when we can come back. The only other thing we have to do all day is check the mailbox for all those big dividend checks. They just keep coming. Maybe somebody should add a beep for those as well.

ten-minute computational snoozefests
Anf the 45 minute snoozefest every Aug 31/Sept 1st.

No offense, but how do you not go insane waiting for that?? :eek:

I mean, I almost always do other stuff on my computer while playing FM, but I would never load too many leagues for my computer to handle and make it that slow...

No offense, but how do you not go insane waiting for that?? :eek:

I mean, I almost always do other stuff on my computer while playing FM, but I would never load too many leagues for my computer to handle and make it that slow...

You get used to it and the trade off is the gameworld is much better the more leagues you load.

On something like a Sunday I can load FM when I get up and it stays on in the background until when I go to bed. Depending on how busy I am during the day I might play one match I might play 10 matches during that time.

You get used to it and the trade off is the gameworld is much better the more leagues you load.

On something like a Sunday I can load FM when I get up and it stays on in the background until when I go to bed. Depending on how busy I am during the day I might play one match I might play 10 matches during that time.

Yes yes and yes :)

Someone never played CM93. Setting up a game was a constant toss up as to whether it was just incredibly slow, or whether it had actually crashed.

I did actually play CM93 (yes, I'm one of those old farts, as are you, apparently). I guess I must have just become spoiled over the last TWO DECADES... ;)

I did actually play CM93 (yes, I'm one of those old farts, as are you, apparently). I guess I must have just become spoiled over the last TWO DECADES... ;)

Hah! If ever one single image could sum up my childhood, it was this one:

028A016D78999-c2-photo-oYToxOntzOjE6InciO2k6NjUwO30%3D-championship-manager-season-93-94.jpg

Some people have wasted days playing FM. Some of us wasted days watching that loading screen. ;)

Archived