EHM Wishlist thread

I would like to second this. In Canada anyways, the NHL trade deadline and opening day of free agency are major events with non-stop coverage from the two major sport networks. The game should be able to properly represent what actually happens on these days, with 20+ trades happening over a few hours.

I would also love to see a more useful Assistant GM in trade discussions. Instead of just saying "This greatly favours us" or "This favours us slightly", provide better feedback. Something like "This trade greatly favours us. I don't think team X will make this trade, but if we included Player Y, they might be willing to listen." The assistant GM should do more than just state the obvious.

To expand on your idea, it may be cool (if the player chooses to participate) to sim by the hour or even half hour on those days. Every time you click continue there are major implications for you even being able to get a deal done. Do you take an offer you have, or do you hope that the next hour, they'll come back with a better one, if they get back to you at all? They could move on entirely, as there are other teams for them to trade with.

I like playing with the dissonance of managing a team versus being a fan. Fan and media outcry could be considered tips for what you need to improve, but if you don't get what they feel you need, or knowing what the landscape was, then you're considered a trade deadline 'loser' for instance.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An idea that I have is to have another tab in the team roster screen under "View" that lets you see the stats of your players and depth players.

I know you can already see the stats of the players in other screens but doing it this way would be simpler and easier to access the stats so that you know who is best to be called up with our having to go through each player individually.

The more leagues the better, in my eyes. EHM07 was fantastic in my opinion and to be honest, as a game I don't think there's huge amounts that'd need changing from that setup. The only complaint I'd have had about it was the lack of leagues available, I'd really like it if the Polish league were playable in the new EHM!

Some form of pre-game editor and perhaps an FM-style world leaderboard would be cool too.

Under club history there should be list like "top 10 point scorers in clubs history", top 10 by games played in club history", asists, etc, like on eliteprospect :)

Yeah good idea be a nice touch if you could retire jerseys for great players

Finance

I have hope really long a ticket price.

Team

That's really make me crazy because i don't see teams name! Like in SM liiga. I understoond that in NHL because there they using home city name mostly, but in SM liiga that very annoing if you see too teams and those is same place.. Any idea witch one is who.

Players

Thats my really long hope too.. i can say something else to my player too. Like you was good last game! or you was very bad last game.. Because that's very annoing if your player just playing really bad games and you can't do anythink.. Only watch when this bad time end.

Here is what I just posted on the EHM forum:

I just picked up EA on Steam and have gotten through a good bit of my first season and have done a lot of reading on here as well. I'd like to add my wishlist as well. Once again, I haven't gotten that far yet, so disregard anything that may be different for EA from EHM07 that I haven't encountered yet.

-2013 NHL CBA waiver rules.

-I've noticed in my first season that AI teams have been freely putting players with 7-digit cap hits on waivers, so I'm assuming the "Wade Redden/Scott Gomez rule" (player buried in AHL has salary-(league minimum+$300k) still count against cap) isn't in the game.

-In my first season no one seems to get claimed, so I can't verify this, but there is also the new rule where a player that is claimed from waivers can't be waived by his new team for 30 days.

-Also, incorporate the "unconditional waivers", which are what really allows you to release a player.

-Take "Re-Entry Waivers" out. Stupid rule that the NHL got rid of with the last lockout.

-Lastly, incorporate the rule where a player that gets signed by an NHL club after spending part of the year in a European league has to be waived before stepping back into the NHL in the same season.

-Get rid of random offseason retirement of players still under contract.

This is unrealistic as teams would get penalized if a player that signs a contract after 35 retires before their contract is up. I got annoyed in EHM07 when a 35-40yo player under contract would retire mid-offseason and there would be no one left in the UFA market to fill their spot. The only NHL players retiring should be players on under-35 contracts retiring from injury, impending UFA's or actual UFA's.

-Make buyouts/offer sheets factor in

In all my years of EHM07, I never once saw a buyout happen, or AI send an offer sheet. Instead, AI teams bury "Star" players in the AHL, and unsigned RFA's end up in European leagues. I also noticed AI teams regularly waiving and then releasing ELC players, which in real life would drive the NHLPA into a frenzy.

-Incorporate Free Agent "Groups" correctly

In EHM07, players had to reach a certain number of NHL games to become a UFA, otherwise they would be an RFA forever. I could even sign a 28YO player from the SEL and have them be an RFA for a few years. All players should hit UFA status at 27, or 25 if they have played enough games. They can also hit it at 25 if they fit into Group V status.

-Put more emphasis on training camp "try outs"

I always shut off "Open Camp", because it just gives you no-name UFA's that have all bad attributes. Instead, unsigned UFA's could approach teams looking for a try out, and/or user/AI can put out a "feeler" looking for a certain position to come try out and have NHL level UFA's approach.

-Also, have it announce that well known players are trying out for certain teams and send out news about their progress. You could also even have recently retired players attempt "come-backs" (IE Theo Fleury/Claude AND Mario Lemieux/Hasek etc.)

-You should also be able to sign junior level "try outs" that are in camp if they perform well and not have to wait till next year to get them on the team.

-Give impending free agents value

I always tried to trade impending RFA's at the draft using "Offer to All", but it would come back with no interest. You can't tell me that if in real life Holland offered a soon to be RFA Nyquist at the draft that no GM would be interested.

-"Staff" should have an attribute for "willingness" to make deals/favor certain players

What I mean is that GM's should have some sort of rating that controls how frequently they may shake things up as an AI. For example, on an attribute scale from 1-20 (1 being never makes trades/signings, and 20 being the Flyers), Ken Holland would be a 3, while Sather/Holmgren/Shero would be an 18... You can also set coaches/GM's to have tendency to favor young players or veterans. You could also have an attribute that illustrates whether they like to use an enforcer or not/etc.

-Incorporate ELC "slide" rules

I'm sure I'll have more as I continue to binge on EA....

-"Staff" should have an attribute for "willingness" to make deals/favor certain players

What I mean is that GM's should have some sort of rating that controls how frequently they may shake things up as an AI. For example, on an attribute scale from 1-20 (1 being never makes trades/signings, and 20 being the Flyers), Ken Holland would be a 3, while Sather/Holmgren/Shero would be an 18... You can also set coaches/GM's to have tendency to favor young players or veterans. You could also have an attribute that illustrates whether they like to use an enforcer or not/etc.

so the Jets? ;)

On that note, something to think about, although I don't necessarily see it happen in the game or IRL much for that matter is that a GM would/could make a bunch of shortsighted trades to get immediate results to keep their job if they felt it was on the line. It happens occasionally enough that fans fear it. Like a panic attribute.

so the Jets? ;)

On that note, something to think about, although I don't necessarily see it happen in the game or IRL much for that matter is that a GM would/could make a bunch of shortsighted trades to get immediate results to keep their job if they felt it was on the line. It happens occasionally enough that fans fear it. Like a panic attribute.

Haha. I meant it more as a Red Wings fan. When things don't go right for the Wings, fans here ROAST Holland for his "we like our team" speeches after the deadline, or lackluster signings in the summer.

My propositions and small wishes :)

1. Input button "Show effects of training" on player profile screen with ↑ ↓ how it was in FM

2. Place advert in job center for what staff we're looking for

3. Possibilities to ask GM of affilliates club for players which could be send to our team. For example I take control HC Vita Hasten and can ask GM Orebro HK for which players he could send to our team.

4. Possibilities to offer to all club player puted on transfer list how it was in FM, not only offer out of loan

That's all for now :) Thanks for making this game perfect!

Hello, The one thing I would like to see added, is a Overall rating like the early EHM series. A OFF DEF and OVR Rating for quick viewing would help alot when asigning players and make decions

Thank you

ratings like that would be probably be OP. Pretty much nothing else would matter.

Thought about job postings though: that could be used to get the right level of ability for leagues. As it is, I can look at anyone in the database and offer a contract. It makes finding good scouts & physios easy, but maybe too easy, especially for lower leagues. If balanced correctly, having job postings as suggested ends the predictability and messes with the "formula" for hiring staff where now there's an element of RNG going on.

This one might be tough but maybe dynamic league strength? There was a time where nations like the Czech Republic and Slovakia weren't pumping out very many NHL quality hockey players and with the rise of Anze Kopitar, hockey in Slovenia is getting more popular. It's also been about 25 years since hockey really took off in California and we're now seeing California born NHL players appearing

So I was thinking something like if there are players from non-traditional hockey countries like the UK and they become star players and/or win the cup, it could make hockey more popular in their home country causing more hockey players to appear from that region over a period of time. If a player is a GM in one of those non-traditional countries, maybe they can improve the quality of hockey in that country by developing team facilities and developing players for the NHL.

This one might be tough but maybe dynamic league strength? There was a time where nations like the Czech Republic and Slovakia weren't pumping out very many NHL quality hockey players and with the rise of Anze Kopitar, hockey in Slovenia is getting more popular. It's also been about 25 years since hockey really took off in California and we're now seeing California born NHL players appearing

So I was thinking something like if there are players from non-traditional hockey countries like the UK and they become star players and/or win the cup, it could make hockey more popular in their home country causing more hockey players to appear from that region over a period of time. If a player is a GM in one of those non-traditional countries, maybe they can improve the quality of hockey in that country by developing team facilities and developing players for the NHL.

That's a really cool idea. I figure that would be a few full releases away though as the sim would be have to reflect an increase in popularity, but still feel quasi-realistic. It wouldn't make a lot of sense if someone were to develop the UK (for instance) to an elite hockey nation (or group of nations), but keep the size of EIHL contracts as they are in 2015 because the EIHL and the UK as a whole play a smaller part in the overall picture of developing world class talent.

edit: It occurred to me that things like getting the Olympics, or getting NHL preseason games, etc. would have an impact on that as well. It would be interesting if you were like an AIHL manager with a smaller rink and you lobbied the NHL to have a preseason game in an opponent's rink because it was the most suitable, etc. It'd certainly make facility improvements important. Or maybe it's the other way around.

The issue with such a complex mechanic is that a player may never see a country improve in any reasonable time frame, but if certain countries were modeled to be more likely to catch on, like the UK, Australia, and Norway, then them getting an Olympics would be a game changer 20 years later, and a guaranteed thing, eventually (Australia probably isn't likely to get a winter games). It would also make the meta game really interesting as human managers would try to steer countries less likely to become 'hockey nations' into ones. Like continually playing pre-season games in Peru, which would probably be less likely to 'catch on' than say, Ireland.

I only have one small suggestion so far: when you're managing an NHL team you should be able to say which player can or can't participate in the World Cup. For example IRL Nashville gave permission to Josi and Fiala to play for Switzerland for this years WC.

That is great idea !!!!

I'd like to see the U18 World Championship in the game.

I only have one small suggestion so far: when you're managing an NHL team you should be able to say which player can or can't participate in the World Cup. For example IRL Nashville gave permission to Josi and Fiala to play for Switzerland for this years WC.

I like this. Also, you could decide if you want to allow your signed prospects to play in the U20 World Championship.

I compiled a list of all suggestions from The Blue Line forums and grouped them in categories. Not sure if it's been read by the EHM development team so here is a repost (updated with new suggestions as of 2nd of May 2015).

* User Interface

1. Quick link to team affiliates

2. Customizable "hotbar" with quick links to favourite screens in top navigation bar

3. Easier access to and improved team depth charts

4. Ability to get coach reports in similar fashion as scouting reports for own players including current ability and potential, also including tryouts.

5. General purpose notepad on GM home screen for various notes (possibly including links/tags to players, teams etc)

6. Screen to manage/overview draft picks (including right-click to trade a pick)

7. View to front office screen that lists picks, blue-chip prospects, prospects outside NHL etc.

8. Further right-clicking options on teams, players and competitions in news and other screens

9. Browsing for save game path (instead of typing)

10. Show draft day, trade deadline day, all star game etc in calendar

11. Exit to start screen option to avoid having to restart game between different saves

* Graphics

1. Variable screen resolution including windowed mode

2. Auto-generated jersey backs for current players on team

3. Support for .jpg player pictures

4. Support for animated .gif images in player profiles´

5. Mini logos in league tables (as in FM)

6. Set one color wallpaper to improve general readability

7. Allow customization of attribute colors and thresholds

8. EHM 2007 skin including font

9. Possibility to change font size

10. Player sprites (the little circles) in live gameplay to show secondary and third jerseys as well and make them more distinguishable between the teams

11. Allow color customization rather than predefined colors of EHM2007

12. Customizable tresholds and colors for player attributes

13. 3D game engine with different arenas and Jersey-styles, different sized players and Mo-cap(?) by actual players

* Game engine and simulation results

1. Ability to make manual line changes during games and some player interactions

2. Game summary screen with game overall statistics (shots, hits etc)

3. Improved commentary, including scuffles around the net, too many men on ice penalties, bench-clearing brawls etc.

4. Broken sticks occuring and showing on the ice

5. Showing season to date goals and assists totals in game boxscores

6. Similar game simulation results when leagues are run in enhanced and quick sim mode

7. Add events for goal disputes and disallowed goals

8. Allow instant replays when viewing games

* Leagues and competitions

1. Addition of more leagues and competitions (UK, Asia, NCAA, Champions Hockey League, U18 nationals, NLA etc etc)

2. Euro Hockey Challenge (so that more national teams play games during season)

3. World Championship divisions according to current RL practise

4. National team friendlies arranged by AI in international breaks and before championships

4. All junior prospect games (Orr/Cherry, Subway Series, NCAA prospect game)

5. European exhibition games for NHL teams

6. Allstar game aligned with IRL captains and drafts, location etc. Also improve selections to further weigh in current season performance

7. More players in junior leagues typically feeding NCAA teams (USHL, NAHL, BCHL etc)

8. Apply to host draft and memorial cup

9. New 2016 World Cup tournament

10. Winter classics addition

11. NHL Combine addition

12. Automatic league expansions, team changes etc during careers

13. Dynamic league reputation depending on success and strength of their teams

14. Dynamic rivalries over time

15. Player generation to give generational players rarely (every decade or so)

16. Allow managers to deny players joining national teams for WC, EHT etc. (with effect on player morale)

17. Historical leagues, e.g. original six, with start date reflecting the actual real life dates

18. Implement accurate Canadian major junior league rules relating to rosters and draft pick compensations

* Customization

1. Adjustment on levels for penalties, scoring, injuries etc. for leagues

2. Pre-game and save-game editor

3. Commissioner settings in game saves, e.g. expanding/reducing the number of teams in the league, realignment, rule changes, salary cap adjustments etc.

4. Custom league maker with variable rules and size etc

5. Allow start date change option

* News and interactions

1. Further media interaction, e.g. when firing players/staff

2. More diverse phrasing of news items

3. Updated season expectations with more details

4. Improper roster notice to include what problem needs to be fixed

5. More interaction with team owner/board and make it based on owner personality

6. Team talks and activities with positive/negative impact on players

7. Media conference before or after a game plus journalist interviews

8. Fan expectations and activities

9. Further backroom interaction with staff for feedback, tips etc

10. Periodic reports from head scout summarizing all scout assignments and updates

11. General league news update with biggest surprises/let downs, best players and prospects etc

12. Limit news on new records so that each increment of a new record does not generate news item within the same season

13. Give kudos to players (as opposed to only discipline them)

14. Players and staff complaining and praising about each other

15. Previews for national tournaments as for league starts, refering to previous instances as well.

16. Customization of what type of news items to receive or multiple choice filtrations

17. Automatic assistant GM input on new players

18. Automatic retiring of jerseys of club legends or requested via board confidence menu

19. Add news item noting career high seasons

20. More "editorial like" content, like player features showcasing those making great progress around the world or such

21. Give warnings when your players are considering retirement

* Transactions

1. Enhanced trade and contract negotiations, with further motivations of why an offer is declined (and hints to competing offers). Possible variation depending on mental attributes of other party.

Parts of negotiations done live without submitting offers and waiting for responses.

2. Decline all open "offer all" responses at once, at least "decline all remaining" after accepting one or several offers.

3. Option to ask players to waive NTC/NMC and/or provide list of teams allowed/not allowed to trade to

4. Conditional clauses in trade negotiations (depending on re-signs, team success etc)

5. Loan Europeans back to their European clubs

6. Retain salary option in trades

7. More distinguished draft and trade deadline days as deadline day in FM, e.g. including graphical boards of draft and trades and player profiles etc.

8. Factoring in lower interest in start players during olympic/world cup years

9. Quickly switching trading partner in trade screen and get immediate feedback on general interest level for added players/picks

10. Contract negotiations for the GM

11. Allow hiring staff from other NHL teams, at least assistant coaches and scouts to better positions (head coach and assistant GM)

12. Make AI ran teams more active in trading on draft day as IRL

13. Make shorter delays in trade responses with deadlines coming up so that responses are received at latest on deadline day

14. Give details on expected return when offering trades to all in the league (e.g. X number of Y round draft picks, Z prospects etc). Including option to keep offer on the table until expected return is met.

15. Allow AI to make offer sheets and buyouts (with realistic frequency)

16. Make it possible to do trades of impending RFA´s/UFA´s for some return as in real life

17. Have juniors reconsider their choices betweeen major juniors and college occasionally

18. Add homesickness complains at juniors who request trade closer to their hometown

* Tactics

1. Allow user to define number of pairings/lines for all situations (or at least enable more for PK, OT and PP)

2. Remove shift length and replace with preferred TOI per game per line instead + zone start % target level

3. Move captain and assistants naming outside of tactics, e.g. like for shoot-out choices

4. More detailed powerplay tactics

5. "Screen goalie" and/or "look for deflection" option in personal tactics

6. Explanation (e.g. as tooltips during mouseover) to tactic options (can be reused in other sceens as well)

7. Allow full choices of line matching instead of fixed combinations

8. Ability to separate defensive pairing from forward lines in tactics assignments

9. Retain player personal tactics even when player is not in line-up

10. Visualization of selectable tactics when selecting them (e.g. umbrella)

11. Add diamond formation to PK tactics

12. Add tactic familiarity so that teams via practise and games get better at specific tactis, including a graphical representation

13. Separate aggressiveness and physicality in tactics

* Training camps

1. Set training camp open status to "Off" by default

2. Button to auto-invite all owned prospects

3. Enable training camp menu sooner before camp, e.g. 1 month before start. Possibly also allowing users to set training camp dates themselves within a certain time frame.

4. Configuration of location and schedule with drills, scrimmages etc

5. Make UFA players asking to joing NHL training camps

* Practice and progression

1. Individual practice schedules including schedules based on player roles as in FM

2. Development report from head coach after each season (and/or monthly) with highlights and tips for improvements including affiliated teams and prospects in junior

leagues and such

3. More detailed configuration options in training schedules

4. Import/export practice schedules

5. More visibility in training progression, e.g. show recently change attributes as in FM

6. More impact from captain and other players in young player developments, including tutoring system

7. Star rating of practice quality as in FM

8. Feedback from players and coaches on the practise schedules of players

9. Set practice schedule conditions, e.g. to change to rest schedule while below a certain condition %, change to another schedule based on attribute changes etc.

10. Arrange internal combine/all-star skills combination sessions with reports

11. Merits affecting player progression, e.g. boosts for winning memorial cup, WJC20 (even on supposedly fixed mental attributes)

* Player/staff search and scouting

1. Permanent scouting of NHL Entry Draft

2. Season report of owned head scout with recommendation on action

6. Easier option to show UFA´s (staff and players) and RFA´s in player search screen

7. Remember last scouted country instead of defaulting to USA

8. Scouts having nation and team knowledge

9. Option (without going through menus) to scout own team and affiliates

10. Further tweaking of scouting schedules, e.g. options to tweak re-scouting of already scouted players based on talent etc.

11. Make some players more inherently hard to scout (also for AI ran teams) to allow for more hidden gems in late draft rounds or undrafted.

12. List of all scouted players (e.g. adding option in addition to Any/Scouted Only/Not Scouted such as “Previously Scouted”)

13. More filtering options in player search screen, e.g. based on their average rating in regular season/playoffs

* Player/staff profiles and attributes

1. Make more of the hidden attributes visible for well known players.

2. Quicker way to resign, call up and send down players via player profile screen

3. Player position listed in profile title bar

4. Languages, favorite teams, multiple nationalities, favoured cities/regions etc

5. Keep player profiles with stats and history of retired players (option to only retain players of certain reputation or such)

6. Graphical representation of attributes (e.g. as in FM)

7. Better ways to track player's performance (e.g. calendar view with player stat and who he played most with)

8. Assign scout from within player profile screen

9. Create own scouting reports which is saved along with those from scouts

10. Overall player rating for offence and defence

11. Show pro games and waiver eligibility information in profile page, including games left

12. Separate player card for own players by coaches (same as scouts)

13. Add stats for human managers too

14. Show last years and totals first on player history page, without need for scrolling

15. Improve correlation between physicality and attributes (e.g. short players wouldn't have the highest strength values, heavy players not very agile)

* Statistics

1. Add shot blocking and penalty shot statistics

2. As many advanced statistics as possible (Corsi/Fenwick, WOWY, zone starts, qual comp, PDO, primary/secondary assists etc)

3. Display statistics based on situations (EV, Close Situations, 5vs4 etc) and per 60 minutes

4. Display statistics based on position played and line played on to see how players performed in different roles

5. Allow customized statistics formula based on existing stats, operators and constants

6. Display of total league statistics (e.g. goals per game, save percentage, shots etc) with at least average, but nice also with variance/deviation.

7. Save previous season statistics to be revisited in the future (and easily selectable in normal statistic screens) or at least better exporting options, including player career stats

8. Retain shutout statistics for previous seasons for goalies

8. View historical rosters with stats for user managed teams

* Standings, club and league history and awards

1. New NHL Standings view showing playoff wildcards

2. Club history shows club legends or similar

3. More realistic HoF criteria, or votin

4. Add GM of the year award (with user allowed to vote)

5. Change "NHL Player of the week" etc to instead show three stars as IRL

6. Mid- and end of season summaries for each league with league leaders, awards etc

* General management

1. Ability to hire coach for national team

2. Add more types of staff such as Dir. of Player Development, Dir. of Player Personnel, Video coach, Conditioning coach

3. Allow management of national and club teams with same manager

4. Allow playing as head coach, scout etc or combination of roles

5. Improved club reputation updates based on performance (i.e. starting with low level teams and working upwards should keep reputation current)

6. Addition of LTIR option (in addition to 7 and 24 days)

7. Option to make assistant or coach to scramble lineup for preseason games

8. Better control of affiliated teams (without adding manager), e.g. influence on training, roster and staff

9. More automatic staff control, such as head scout in charge of scouting

10. Further vacation options, such as stopping simulation at certain events, allow roster moves as long as no waiver listing etc.

11. Automatic continuation if idle setting

12. Set up new affiliates (like in FM), including for junior teams. Can be negotiated with financial benefits, terms etc.

13. Improved youth intake for european teams (as applicable) to give more juniors coming up into the junior teams of managed clubs

14. Enable NHL lockouts (which can be disabled in settings) with NHL players joining other leagues in the meanwhile

* Finances and facilities

1. Reworked finance screen, especially for overview for salary cap

2. More advanced financial system, including customizing ticket and merchandize prices, sponsors, TV deals etc.

3. Increasing revenue over the years, also affecting salary levels and cap. Reports and statistics to show league financials, expected cap next season etc.

4. Build new arenas with relocation (e.g. if current arena is rented)

5. Build/upgrade practice facilities

* Tables and lists

1. Enable multiple shortlists, including for staff and own players. When adding players select to which list (and allow default choice)

2. Select multiple players/staff/etc in lists and perform action for all selected at once (e.g. scouting, addition or deletion from shortlist, demotion or promotion,

camp invitation, contract termination etc)

3. Select which stat categories should be showing in lists as applicable

4. Further filtration option in player lists (e.g. in draft screen)

5. Customizable columns for player lists (e.g. in draft screen)

6. Enhanced filtering option on roster page: Available Only, Unavailable Only, All Players.

7. In roster screen show with 5vs5 line a player belongs to (similar to G1 and G2) and have swaps trigger in tactics as well.

8. Option to create custom depth charts

9. Allow export of tables and lists to CSV file with active filters considered (statistics, roster, contracts etc.)

* Other

1. Mac and Linux versions

2. Support for other languages

3. Options to adjust sound level of crowd, music etc

I compiled a list of all suggestions from The Blue Line forums and grouped them in categories. Not sure if it's been read by the EHM development team so here is a repost (updated with new suggestions as of 2nd of May 2015).

* User Interface

1. Quick link to team affiliates

2. Customizable "hotbar" with quick links to favourite screens in top navigation bar

3. Easier access to and improved team depth charts

4. Ability to get coach reports in similar fashion as scouting reports for own players including current ability and potential, also including tryouts.

5. General purpose notepad on GM home screen for various notes (possibly including links/tags to players, teams etc)

6. Screen to manage/overview draft picks (including right-click to trade a pick)

7. View to front office screen that lists picks, blue-chip prospects, prospects outside NHL etc.

8. Further right-clicking options on teams, players and competitions in news and other screens

9. Browsing for save game path (instead of typing)

10. Show draft day, trade deadline day, all star game etc in calendar

11. Exit to start screen option to avoid having to restart game between different saves

* Graphics

1. Variable screen resolution including windowed mode

2. Auto-generated jersey backs for current players on team

3. Support for .jpg player pictures

4. Support for animated .gif images in player profiles´

5. Mini logos in league tables (as in FM)

6. Set one color wallpaper to improve general readability

7. Allow customization of attribute colors and thresholds

8. EHM 2007 skin including font

9. Possibility to change font size

10. Player sprites (the little circles) in live gameplay to show secondary and third jerseys as well and make them more distinguishable between the teams

11. Allow color customization rather than predefined colors of EHM2007

12. Customizable tresholds and colors for player attributes

13. 3D game engine with different arenas and Jersey-styles, different sized players and Mo-cap(?) by actual players

* Game engine and simulation results

1. Ability to make manual line changes during games and some player interactions

2. Game summary screen with game overall statistics (shots, hits etc)

3. Improved commentary, including scuffles around the net, too many men on ice penalties, bench-clearing brawls etc.

4. Broken sticks occuring and showing on the ice

5. Showing season to date goals and assists totals in game boxscores

6. Similar game simulation results when leagues are run in enhanced and quick sim mode

7. Add events for goal disputes and disallowed goals

8. Allow instant replays when viewing games

* Leagues and competitions

1. Addition of more leagues and competitions (UK, Asia, NCAA, Champions Hockey League, U18 nationals, NLA etc etc)

2. Euro Hockey Challenge (so that more national teams play games during season)

3. World Championship divisions according to current RL practise

4. National team friendlies arranged by AI in international breaks and before championships

4. All junior prospect games (Orr/Cherry, Subway Series, NCAA prospect game)

5. European exhibition games for NHL teams

6. Allstar game aligned with IRL captains and drafts, location etc. Also improve selections to further weigh in current season performance

7. More players in junior leagues typically feeding NCAA teams (USHL, NAHL, BCHL etc)

8. Apply to host draft and memorial cup

9. New 2016 World Cup tournament

10. Winter classics addition

11. NHL Combine addition

12. Automatic league expansions, team changes etc during careers

13. Dynamic league reputation depending on success and strength of their teams

14. Dynamic rivalries over time

15. Player generation to give generational players rarely (every decade or so)

16. Allow managers to deny players joining national teams for WC, EHT etc. (with effect on player morale)

17. Historical leagues, e.g. original six, with start date reflecting the actual real life dates

18. Implement accurate Canadian major junior league rules relating to rosters and draft pick compensations

* Customization

1. Adjustment on levels for penalties, scoring, injuries etc. for leagues

2. Pre-game and save-game editor

3. Commissioner settings in game saves, e.g. expanding/reducing the number of teams in the league, realignment, rule changes, salary cap adjustments etc.

4. Custom league maker with variable rules and size etc

5. Allow start date change option

* News and interactions

1. Further media interaction, e.g. when firing players/staff

2. More diverse phrasing of news items

3. Updated season expectations with more details

4. Improper roster notice to include what problem needs to be fixed

5. More interaction with team owner/board and make it based on owner personality

6. Team talks and activities with positive/negative impact on players

7. Media conference before or after a game plus journalist interviews

8. Fan expectations and activities

9. Further backroom interaction with staff for feedback, tips etc

10. Periodic reports from head scout summarizing all scout assignments and updates

11. General league news update with biggest surprises/let downs, best players and prospects etc

12. Limit news on new records so that each increment of a new record does not generate news item within the same season

13. Give kudos to players (as opposed to only discipline them)

14. Players and staff complaining and praising about each other

15. Previews for national tournaments as for league starts, refering to previous instances as well.

16. Customization of what type of news items to receive or multiple choice filtrations

17. Automatic assistant GM input on new players

18. Automatic retiring of jerseys of club legends or requested via board confidence menu

19. Add news item noting career high seasons

20. More "editorial like" content, like player features showcasing those making great progress around the world or such

21. Give warnings when your players are considering retirement

* Transactions

1. Enhanced trade and contract negotiations, with further motivations of why an offer is declined (and hints to competing offers). Possible variation depending on mental attributes of other party.

Parts of negotiations done live without submitting offers and waiting for responses.

2. Decline all open "offer all" responses at once, at least "decline all remaining" after accepting one or several offers.

3. Option to ask players to waive NTC/NMC and/or provide list of teams allowed/not allowed to trade to

4. Conditional clauses in trade negotiations (depending on re-signs, team success etc)

5. Loan Europeans back to their European clubs

6. Retain salary option in trades

7. More distinguished draft and trade deadline days as deadline day in FM, e.g. including graphical boards of draft and trades and player profiles etc.

8. Factoring in lower interest in start players during olympic/world cup years

9. Quickly switching trading partner in trade screen and get immediate feedback on general interest level for added players/picks

10. Contract negotiations for the GM

11. Allow hiring staff from other NHL teams, at least assistant coaches and scouts to better positions (head coach and assistant GM)

12. Make AI ran teams more active in trading on draft day as IRL

13. Make shorter delays in trade responses with deadlines coming up so that responses are received at latest on deadline day

14. Give details on expected return when offering trades to all in the league (e.g. X number of Y round draft picks, Z prospects etc). Including option to keep offer on the table until expected return is met.

15. Allow AI to make offer sheets and buyouts (with realistic frequency)

16. Make it possible to do trades of impending RFA´s/UFA´s for some return as in real life

17. Have juniors reconsider their choices betweeen major juniors and college occasionally

18. Add homesickness complains at juniors who request trade closer to their hometown

* Tactics

1. Allow user to define number of pairings/lines for all situations (or at least enable more for PK, OT and PP)

2. Remove shift length and replace with preferred TOI per game per line instead + zone start % target level

3. Move captain and assistants naming outside of tactics, e.g. like for shoot-out choices

4. More detailed powerplay tactics

5. "Screen goalie" and/or "look for deflection" option in personal tactics

6. Explanation (e.g. as tooltips during mouseover) to tactic options (can be reused in other sceens as well)

7. Allow full choices of line matching instead of fixed combinations

8. Ability to separate defensive pairing from forward lines in tactics assignments

9. Retain player personal tactics even when player is not in line-up

10. Visualization of selectable tactics when selecting them (e.g. umbrella)

11. Add diamond formation to PK tactics

12. Add tactic familiarity so that teams via practise and games get better at specific tactis, including a graphical representation

13. Separate aggressiveness and physicality in tactics

* Training camps

1. Set training camp open status to "Off" by default

2. Button to auto-invite all owned prospects

3. Enable training camp menu sooner before camp, e.g. 1 month before start. Possibly also allowing users to set training camp dates themselves within a certain time frame.

4. Configuration of location and schedule with drills, scrimmages etc

5. Make UFA players asking to joing NHL training camps

* Practice and progression

1. Individual practice schedules including schedules based on player roles as in FM

2. Development report from head coach after each season (and/or monthly) with highlights and tips for improvements including affiliated teams and prospects in junior

leagues and such

3. More detailed configuration options in training schedules

4. Import/export practice schedules

5. More visibility in training progression, e.g. show recently change attributes as in FM

6. More impact from captain and other players in young player developments, including tutoring system

7. Star rating of practice quality as in FM

8. Feedback from players and coaches on the practise schedules of players

9. Set practice schedule conditions, e.g. to change to rest schedule while below a certain condition %, change to another schedule based on attribute changes etc.

10. Arrange internal combine/all-star skills combination sessions with reports

11. Merits affecting player progression, e.g. boosts for winning memorial cup, WJC20 (even on supposedly fixed mental attributes)

* Player/staff search and scouting

1. Permanent scouting of NHL Entry Draft

2. Season report of owned head scout with recommendation on action

6. Easier option to show UFA´s (staff and players) and RFA´s in player search screen

7. Remember last scouted country instead of defaulting to USA

8. Scouts having nation and team knowledge

9. Option (without going through menus) to scout own team and affiliates

10. Further tweaking of scouting schedules, e.g. options to tweak re-scouting of already scouted players based on talent etc.

11. Make some players more inherently hard to scout (also for AI ran teams) to allow for more hidden gems in late draft rounds or undrafted.

12. List of all scouted players (e.g. adding option in addition to Any/Scouted Only/Not Scouted such as “Previously Scouted”)

13. More filtering options in player search screen, e.g. based on their average rating in regular season/playoffs

* Player/staff profiles and attributes

1. Make more of the hidden attributes visible for well known players.

2. Quicker way to resign, call up and send down players via player profile screen

3. Player position listed in profile title bar

4. Languages, favorite teams, multiple nationalities, favoured cities/regions etc

5. Keep player profiles with stats and history of retired players (option to only retain players of certain reputation or such)

6. Graphical representation of attributes (e.g. as in FM)

7. Better ways to track player's performance (e.g. calendar view with player stat and who he played most with)

8. Assign scout from within player profile screen

9. Create own scouting reports which is saved along with those from scouts

10. Overall player rating for offence and defence

11. Show pro games and waiver eligibility information in profile page, including games left

12. Separate player card for own players by coaches (same as scouts)

13. Add stats for human managers too

14. Show last years and totals first on player history page, without need for scrolling

15. Improve correlation between physicality and attributes (e.g. short players wouldn't have the highest strength values, heavy players not very agile)

* Statistics

1. Add shot blocking and penalty shot statistics

2. As many advanced statistics as possible (Corsi/Fenwick, WOWY, zone starts, qual comp, PDO, primary/secondary assists etc)

3. Display statistics based on situations (EV, Close Situations, 5vs4 etc) and per 60 minutes

4. Display statistics based on position played and line played on to see how players performed in different roles

5. Allow customized statistics formula based on existing stats, operators and constants

6. Display of total league statistics (e.g. goals per game, save percentage, shots etc) with at least average, but nice also with variance/deviation.

7. Save previous season statistics to be revisited in the future (and easily selectable in normal statistic screens) or at least better exporting options, including player career stats

8. Retain shutout statistics for previous seasons for goalies

8. View historical rosters with stats for user managed teams

* Standings, club and league history and awards

1. New NHL Standings view showing playoff wildcards

2. Club history shows club legends or similar

3. More realistic HoF criteria, or votin

4. Add GM of the year award (with user allowed to vote)

5. Change "NHL Player of the week" etc to instead show three stars as IRL

6. Mid- and end of season summaries for each league with league leaders, awards etc

* General management

1. Ability to hire coach for national team

2. Add more types of staff such as Dir. of Player Development, Dir. of Player Personnel, Video coach, Conditioning coach

3. Allow management of national and club teams with same manager

4. Allow playing as head coach, scout etc or combination of roles

5. Improved club reputation updates based on performance (i.e. starting with low level teams and working upwards should keep reputation current)

6. Addition of LTIR option (in addition to 7 and 24 days)

7. Option to make assistant or coach to scramble lineup for preseason games

8. Better control of affiliated teams (without adding manager), e.g. influence on training, roster and staff

9. More automatic staff control, such as head scout in charge of scouting

10. Further vacation options, such as stopping simulation at certain events, allow roster moves as long as no waiver listing etc.

11. Automatic continuation if idle setting

12. Set up new affiliates (like in FM), including for junior teams. Can be negotiated with financial benefits, terms etc.

13. Improved youth intake for european teams (as applicable) to give more juniors coming up into the junior teams of managed clubs

14. Enable NHL lockouts (which can be disabled in settings) with NHL players joining other leagues in the meanwhile

* Finances and facilities

1. Reworked finance screen, especially for overview for salary cap

2. More advanced financial system, including customizing ticket and merchandize prices, sponsors, TV deals etc.

3. Increasing revenue over the years, also affecting salary levels and cap. Reports and statistics to show league financials, expected cap next season etc.

4. Build new arenas with relocation (e.g. if current arena is rented)

5. Build/upgrade practice facilities

* Tables and lists

1. Enable multiple shortlists, including for staff and own players. When adding players select to which list (and allow default choice)

2. Select multiple players/staff/etc in lists and perform action for all selected at once (e.g. scouting, addition or deletion from shortlist, demotion or promotion,

camp invitation, contract termination etc)

3. Select which stat categories should be showing in lists as applicable

4. Further filtration option in player lists (e.g. in draft screen)

5. Customizable columns for player lists (e.g. in draft screen)

6. Enhanced filtering option on roster page: Available Only, Unavailable Only, All Players.

7. In roster screen show with 5vs5 line a player belongs to (similar to G1 and G2) and have swaps trigger in tactics as well.

8. Option to create custom depth charts

9. Allow export of tables and lists to CSV file with active filters considered (statistics, roster, contracts etc.)

* Other

1. Mac and Linux versions

2. Support for other languages

3. Options to adjust sound level of crowd, music etc

Don't want much then.

I always see my scouts report after a ranking has been released that "player is ranked lower than I would put him" or something along those lines.

I'd like to know where my scouts would put them exactly.

I'd like to see my scouts make a ranking list for themselves. That would give me a couple of different rankings (ISS and my scouts) to contrast and compare come draft day.

Has SI considered using something like User Voice (https://www.uservoice.com/)

It's a good tool where people can submit ideas like this, except instead of them getting buried in a thread users can actually upvote ideas you like. That way, the most in-demand feature requests get bubbled to the top and the devs can easily weigh that against a level of effort to see what they should work on next.

Good players should be asking for longer contracts. Also how much they make/ask for should have a lot to do with their performance especially if they are in their prime. I see too many players have great seasons where they score something like 40 goals then only ask for a 2 year contact extension worth 2-3 million dollars. These type of players should be asking for long term contacts at 5+ million dollars. The game gets too easy when players don't accurately know what their market value is and they sign short term low paying contracts. You run into major cap issues and can stack your team a lot easier.

In game view mode, it would be great if you could open the box score, shot chart, play-by-play, etc. in separate windows from the Game View. That way you could keep track of things while the game was in progress.

it'd be interesting to be able to totally disable specific leagues. If I wanted to play a game where the NHL suddenly ceased to exist, but the players were still around, it'd be interesting to see what the new world order would become in it's absence. Balance be damned. That'd probably also get you around a lockout mode, which I don't think the NHL would go for.

From TBL, but figure I should post it here too...

I'd like to see all Canadian Hockey League roster / transaction rules, such as;

*CHL wide (OHL/WHL/QMJHL)

- All teams have ability to add ANY player in the corresponding leagues protected area to their 50 player protected list until the year of their 20th birthday if the players rights are not owned by any other team.

- Teams having more than three overage players to start the season may continue to rotate them in and out of the lineup until October 16th at which time they must select determine the three that they will keep, the left over overager would be released and be a free-agent.

- Here is information on signing players from other leagues protected areas...

The QMJHL commissioner Gilles Courteau spelled it out. Under the new agreement signed off on by the OHL, WHL and CHL, the following system will be used. Players 17 years of age will have to clear waivers in their home territory. Then waivers in the QMJHL before a team will have the right to sign a player from outside.

In the case of players aged 18 or 19 the team wanting the player will have to contact the QMJHL and name the player and home. A search will then be done to assure that player is not on the protected list of any team in the appropriate league. (e.g. a player lives in Cornwall, Ontario. The protected lists of all teams in the OHL will be searched.) If the player is not on any protected list in that league then the Q team will be free to contact the player and sign him if he wants to play with that team.

- It is illegal for teams to scout other leagues protected areas

- Players under 17 cannot be signed to other leagues

- Over-agers (20 year old players) are free-agents for the entire CHL

*OHL Specific

- If a player is not selected as a 15 year-old, he cannot attend an OHL camp that fall. He must wait another season, his 16 year-old year, and he will re-enter the draft. If he is not taken the second time around, he becomes a free agent and can go to the camp of any OHL team who invites him and then therefore be added to any protected list.

- Teams are permitted to register a maximum of four 16 year old players selected in the OHL Priority Selection. Those 16 year old players that are allowed to be signed are the first two 16 year old players selected and a maximum addition of two 16 year old wild carded players in any round of the OHL Priority Selection. All other 16-year-old players selected are eligible to be called up as an “affiliated player” or “floating affiliate player” for a maximum of 10 games or for any OHL regular season or playoff games when such player’s team has been eliminated from competition for that season.

- Contracted players in high school (18 and younger) cannot be traded without the players consent. (No trade cause)

* WHL Specific

- A team can name a maximum of 19 of the players on their Protected List and not on the team roster as Specially Affiliated Players. These players can play WHL games with the permission of their club team.

*QMJHL Specific

- A team can name a maximum of 19 of the players on their Protected List and not on the team roster as Specially Affiliated Players. These players can play WHL games with the permission of their club team.

- Players from the QMJHL's North American region are eligible for the Annual Draft in the calendar year that they turn 16. Teams can select 16 year olds in any of the first five rounds. After that only players 17 years and up are eligible to be drafted. There's a mxximum of 12 rounds. (Not sure if this is already active).

Also a very odd compensation draft pick rule in the OHL;

Teams will receive compensatory picks if a player doesn't report and they elect to trade him or put him back into the following draft. A window has also been opened for teams to trade the player prior to Sept. 1. So now you can only trade the player selected in the first round that year prior to Sept.1 or between Jan. 1-10.

The rule is complicated. First, if a team trades its first-round pick (the player), it can only receive draft picks from the other team in return. If he was among the top four players chosen in the draft, the team can trade him prior to Sept. 1 and as compensation receive the fifth-overall pick the following year, plus a bonus pick at the end of the second round. If that team waits until January to trade the player, they will not get the second-round pick. If the player was selected later in the first round, between fifth and 20th overall, the team can trade him before Sept. 1 and receive a compensatory pick one spot later than where they selected him.

For example, if the team had the fifth-overall pick, they will get the sixth-overall choice the next year in addition to their regular first-round selection. If they wait until January to trade the player their compensation pick drops to the second round. If a team elects not to trade the player, they can still receive compensation, but the player is reentered into the following the draft. If a team elects to hold onto the player, there is no compensation.

Also this would help implement the above rule...

Players not 100% on their commitment to playing either "Major Junior" or "US College". Often you see players get drafted into the CHL, but only later commit to college. Or you will see players who sign letters of content with college teams, only to choose to go Major Junior (usually only to higher profile teams).

Also sometimes younger players when first drafted into the CHL should also on occasion be homesick and request a trade closer to there families, or outright refuse to report.

Also a general note, it would be nice to see more players requesting trades. Players in major junior request trades quite often as they want the best opportunity to showcase there skills for the NHL, so if they are playing on the 3rd line with no PP time they will request a trade so they can get more playing time...

Each player (and coach, GM) has their own personality - e.g. sensitive to criticism (player plays less well) or impervious to criticism, some players play better with home fan support while others don't care, some

players play worse (or perhaps better) if away fans get on his back every time he touches the puck, some players are more family-oriented so they'll accept less money for a contract so they stay in the same city rather than disrupt their kids' lives by moving to another city etc.

Has SI considered using something like User Voice (https://www.uservoice.com/)

It's a good tool where people can submit ideas like this, except instead of them getting buried in a thread users can actually upvote ideas you like. That way, the most in-demand feature requests get bubbled to the top and the devs can easily weigh that against a level of effort to see what they should work on next.

This seems like a great idea to me.

Delay of game penalty if home fans throw too many objects on the ice or are too rowdy.

I don't see something like this being put in the game since it rarely if at all ever happens that a team is given a delay of game penalty because of the fans. I don't see a point to having it in the game but hey it's your wish not mine. I just want the developers to focus on the core issues of the game until they can get it perfect before they start adding things like you suggested.

• SI Staff
I'd like to manage international teams from the start of the game.

If the national team has enough players in the starting database for the national team to be playable (and they are taking part in playable tournaments) then you can start as a national team manager. On the Add General Manager screen, the "Select Team" dropdown has a separate menu for "National Teams", where you can select either the Men or U20 teams.

If the national team has enough players in the starting database for the national team to be playable (and they are taking part in playable tournaments) then you can start as a national team manager. On the Add General Manager screen, the "Select Team" dropdown has a separate menu for "National Teams", where you can select either the Men or U20 teams.

That's super! Thanks.

I'd like to see player progression over time. Which attributes were raised/lowered when, and if at all possible why they changed. If a certain trainer brought out the best in a player or if a hand injury lowered their shooting skill. Maybe the good locker room atmosphere raised some value or other. That would be awesome. Great game guys!