Mattia Destro

As with any striker, it all depends what kind of service you get to him and how you want him to play. My current tactic involves short sharp passing which he drops in to help out with, with the eventual idea of getting the ball to the AML or AMR, who will take on their man and put balls into the box or go for goal. Destro, along with two charging CM's are there to get on the end of those crosses. Goals are shared around in my team, but he's done well.

Mattia_Destro_History_Career_Stats.jpg

I'm in your boat too, signed Mattia on a free to lead my attack in the second season (My first back in the PL, i'm Bolton Wanderers) and he's been a revelation as DLF (Attack), scoring 11 in his first 14 games. I'd thoroughly recommend.

Got him in on a free and used him as back up to Adebayor in my Spurs game second season. He performed immediately, scoring off the bench and scoring when given starts. 16 goals in 18 games approx. Third season, and I've given him the nod up front, over Schurrle and Reus ( who I can use in other positions anyway ). He has been brilliant, currently 14 goals in 14 games and averaging above 7.5

I use him as a DLF in a 4-2-3-1, with the likes of Bale, Schurrle, Reus, Draxler playing as IFs. He still manages to score a bundle and his value has begun to rocket. Gone up 4m odd in the past 3-5 games alone.

I am managing Roma an have him from the start. I am using him a bit different than most of the guys here - Trequartista (CAM).

basically I eye him as a long term replacement for Totti. After 1 and half year he has improved a lot on his passing but still short of natural AM.

Excellent Player. No Doubt.

i dont know how to upload a screenshot :( but since i played Destro as a DLF, he's definitely in his role, with 4 goals in 6 games (keeping in mind that i've played against man utd, chelsea and liverpool in those 6 games). thanks guys you've been a great help!

It is listed in here

This guy wanted a rediculous contract to sign for me. Something like 45k p/w as a rotation squad player. I am Arsenal and I have Giroud, Walcott, Podolski and Adam Campbell all fighting for one striker spot so that was a bit absurd. I do play Walcott on the right and Podolski on the left at times but still. Was hoping I could sell him off for a profit but oh well looks like I miss out on him and Llorente!

• 3 weeks later...

I signed Destro on a free second season for Newcastle. Came on as a sub around the 60th minute in his first appearance. First touch (at least first touch in highlights, but he had only been on a minute) was to chest down a deep cross at the top of the box and half-volley a rifle shot into the top corner. Later slotted home the winner to bag a brace on his debut. Then he twisted his knee and was out for 6 weeks.

And this is a microcosm of his career at Newcastle. If he was playing he would score. But he didn't play for me much due to having the most wonky knees in Europe. After a season of sitting out for 6 weeks between each goal, I started loaning him out for 300-400k per month + 100% wages. I don't keep a large squad, and despite his goal scoring prowess he was a squad liabilty.

As an investment however, he is a Newcastle legend. Probably made 10 million in loan fees, then sold him on to Real Madrid for 30 million. Real Madrid, I think, replaced his knees.....

Got him for Everton on a free. I'm into Feb of the second season and I must be the only person alive who can't get this guy to score. He went 18 hours without a goal at one point and my head spends a lot of time in my hands watching him in front of goal. Despite a great finishing attribute, he misses constantly. I taught him Places Shots, which may not have been the best idea, since the vast majority of his chances are central. Next chance I get, I'm thinking of trying to get him to beat offside traps. Also training technique; hopefully that helps him out in front of goal.

Not at all all negative though. He still gets great match ratings, and bags loads of assists. As a DLF(s) in a 4-3-3, that's really useful to me. It's just a shame about the misses and the fact that dry spells are effecting his confidence.

Got him for Everton on a free. I'm into Feb of the second season and I must be the only person alive who can't get this guy to score. He went 18 hours without a goal at one point and my head spends a lot of time in my hands watching him in front of goal. Despite a great finishing attribute, he misses constantly. I taught him Places Shots, which may not have been the best idea, since the vast majority of his chances are central. Next chance I get, I'm thinking of trying to get him to beat offside traps. Also training technique; hopefully that helps him out in front of goal.

Not at all all negative though. He still gets great match ratings, and bags loads of assists. As a DLF(s) in a 4-3-3, that's really useful to me. It's just a shame about the misses and the fact that dry spells are effecting his confidence.

I think as soon as he gets a few goals he won't be able to stop.

Like most I've got him in on a free at the end of the first season. He was supposed to be backup to Falcao & Adrian for my At. Madrid team but I'm struggling to keep it that way.

He replaces Adrian in the team as a DLF(A) and in 2 starts & 6 sub appearances he has 6 goals, including a hat trick in the Champions League that won us a game we were struggling to score in, having came on as a sub in the 55th minute.

That means he's second only to Falcao (who has 7 in 11), but has 3x as many as Adrian. Adrian's still in the team due to his assists, but Falcao seems to set up Destro quite regularly.

Archived