Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

Was wondering how I can get my lone striker to just stay around the area and make him the pure finisher and not stray around the pitch. I put cross ball to rarely but sometimes he tends to drift out wide. This is probably a stupid question so I posted it in here lol.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering how I can get my lone striker to just stay around the area and make him the pure finisher and not stray around the pitch. I put cross ball to rarely but sometimes he tends to drift out wide. This is probably a stupid question so I posted it in here lol.

You could also give him..

• Low closing down settings
  • Loose man mark
  • no t-balls and a direct passing

This helps him stay in the center of the pitch and when in possession of the ball he will either make a simple and easy pass to a team mate before getting inside the area or, if already close to it, have a go at goal

Very stupid question coming right up - but i just cant get my head around it...lol

Choose a framework based on Global Mentalities :

Global Mentality Average

Defend: 4-5

Counter: 8-9

Balanced: 12-13

Attack: 16-17

I just cant understand this - can someone explain a little more. I know what the Rule of One is in terms of how many notches on the slider and so on....but does the above mean, if i am playing a DEFEND mentality, then i should start my defenders off on the 4th notch and grade up from there?

...and if i am using an ATTACK mentality start my defense at 16 notches??!

Please help.

Thanks

I have a question regarding training workload.

There are a few players who are unhappy with their high training workload, even though they are on the same schedule as several other players who are don't have any complaints. The problem is that I don't really want to assign them to an easier training because their stats are increasing rapidly, they are fit for every match, their morale is superb (the whole squad's morale is due to our league position) and they've stayed injury free so far (it's december of the 1st season) - so I don't really see a reason for changing their schedules. So I'm asking what are the possible consequences if I leave them with their current schedule, do they become generally unhappy or what? And what do you do in these cases?

Thanks for your replies.

Ok I am a complete noob when it comes to this game so please help me out. I am having trouble understanding training. I have downloaded 2 training schedules (a youth and a senior) and imported both of them into my game. Under schedule it says general:34 and goalkeepers:4. What do I do next? Do I assign all to a certain position or what? I'm confused.

what is the best way to counter the 4-2-4?

To close down the players that makes the passes and tight mark the receivers.

Example:

Close down always in OI on

• The Fullbacks
  • The central Midfielders

And use Tight Mark/Always on

• The 4 strikers

Its also works better to be in possession in advanced positions as most of the AI players do not track back.

Can someone inform this; when you have wing backs with your backline, is it a 5-3-2 or a 3-2-3-2?

It depends. On what you might ask? Well, basically, whatever the person describing it feels like calling it. It could be 5-3-2, or 3-2-3-2, or 3-5-2. None are wrong.

Are the number of talented players a country pumps out related to their performance in the FIFA international rankings?

I found that when I was playing in 9.1 and 9.2, Canada did really well, and I was able to find superstar youth athletes to put on my team. In 9.3, they've done very poorly in the international rankings and everybody i can find seems to suck.

Simple question. Does it help to place players on an entirely different training schedule to improve some of their stats.

For example, I have a striker who has a low heading attribute, but is tall. So if I was to set him on a defensive schedule, would this help, or just turn him into a defender?

Simple question. Does it help to place players on an entirely different training schedule to improve some of their stats.

For example, I have a striker who has a low heading attribute, but is tall. So if I was to set him on a defensive schedule, would this help, or just turn him into a defender?

You run the risk of the stats you want (heading), not improving on a different schedule and undesirable stats going up (e.g marking) going up instead if you put him on the defender schedule.

I'd make an individual schedule just for him and take bits and pieces from the striker and defender schedules to improve the stats you want. I'm sure theres a post around here somewhere that tells you exactly what sliders improve what stats.

My own (possibly) silly question:

How do I go about choosing a formation for my team? I've analysed my team, and I seem to be strong in all areas of the pitch (5-7 stars), and with half decent backup. Does it depend on how I decide to play, or is there other things in my players I should be looking for (e.g crossing stat on my wingers)?

Ok ... so, when do I actually get to train my players? If I do it during the season they'll only get tired and hurt and if I try to do it when the season is over they go on vacation! Am I missing something?

For a tactic to be successful, does it need player instructions?

You can get by with putting all the sliders on global - Cleon does this with most if not all the sliders, and he's achieved ridiculous amounts of sucess in this game. I think setting individual things like FWR and TTB are pretty much essential, though no doubt someone will come on to say I'm wrong.

I was just looking at the good coaches thread and people are talking about players with 20 for this and 20 for that and only want low wages, if that is the case then what influence does "reputation" have on how well a coach performs? Would a "continental" coach with 17 for attacking be better than a "national" with 20? I hope you get my point?

Guest henryrocastle

Hey! i downloaded a tactic called barca tactic 433 v1 for the 9.2 version a while back but ive had to reinstall and have lost my saves and said tactic thankyou in advance for any help

i have got very stupid question:Dthis is my first post in this forum and i am very excited(:p:P:P) i am galatasaray football club manager now and i have some problems.Firstly i cant create a tactic,what are the best ways to create a well balanced tactic,i want to be very successful.Secondly knap or sexy football doesn't work well with my team which tactic is more useful in this forum.these are my all problems please help me:D

i have got very stupid question:Dthis is my first post in this forum and i am very excited(:p:P:P) i am galatasaray football club manager now and i have some problems.Firstly i cant create a tactic,what are the best ways to create a well balanced tactic,i want to be very successful.Secondly knap or sexy football doesn't work well with my team which tactic is more useful in this forum.these are my all problems please help me:D

Downloading tactics is always a bit iffy IMO. They're often good frameworks, but to get the best out of any tactic, I'm of the opinion it needs to be set up specifically for your team (or, alternatively, build the team specifically for the tactic).

If you want to learn about creating your own tactics, the obvious start point is the "Tactical Theorems and Frameworks '09" thread. Is a big read, but it's well worth it.

Sorry if it's already been asked but how do you put a custom training schedule into effect! I downloaded a training schedule into FM2009, schedule. Any help???

I'm not at a computer with the game on it, so bear with me:

When you are on the 'Training' screen, you'll see a button named 'Schedules' near the top of the screen. Click that. One of the options will be to 'Edit' schedules. Click that. It will take you to a screen similar to any file manager. The folder it defaults to should be the 'Schedule' folder you saved the custom schedule to.

Open the custom schedule file and it should give you a list of the positions (depending on the schedule.... I'm assuming Tug's). Highlight the ones you want and click the 'Add' button at the bottom. You'll have to do the same thing for the youth (YTH) schedule. Sounds a lot more complicated than it really is.

Once finished, exit this screen and begin selecting each player and assigning them to the schedule you feel suits the player (and their future with you) best.

How do you get the best results against strong sides ( Barca, arsenal etc.. ) with relative smaller teams in europe ( Ajax, HSV etc )

I'm always 90 minutes under pressure in those matches, and though i play on the counter, and have some ''counter tactic tweaks'' it doesn't work...

How do you play those matches?

How do you get the best results against strong sides ( Barca, arsenal etc.. ) with relative smaller teams in europe ( Ajax, HSV etc )

I'm always 90 minutes under pressure in those matches, and though i play on the counter, and have some ''counter tactic tweaks'' it doesn't work...

How do you play those matches?

It's not just about tactics. After a run of good results, with high morale and motivation, and of course with a decent tactic, mediocre sides tend to play better against major ones.

It depends on formation Diego. Sometimes its good to have one striker no go on forward runs, drop back a bit, and hold up the ball for everybody else, then you have another striker that makes forward runes and gets up field for that killer pass/cross. Sometimes its good to have them both have the same instructions so they decide on the spot what to do. Read the Tactical Theorems and Framework for specific instructions and you will learn a lot by reading it.

Best way to play wingers on the inside? For example, on a 4-3-1-2, with a flat line of 3 MCs, the central one being a MCd and the other two wingers, but in MC positions instead of MC L/R? Do they need to be retrained positionally as MCs, cross often and low CF to make sure they 'open up'? But wouldn't a low CF on wingers also affect their positioning and make them remain inside? Also, wouldn't low CF on wingers diminish the offensive effectiveness of the tactic overall?

Reason for asking is that I generally like that formation, but I'd hate to not play/sell the good wingers in the squad because they're good players.

Sub-question: Slotting a player out of his position (red dot)... is it a complete killer of a player? Or good players with the right attributes might overcome that strange position they're told to play in without having to be positionally retrained? Case in point, my wingers going red dot when slotted as MCs in that flat 3.

I was just looking at the good coaches thread and people are talking about players with 20 for this and 20 for that and only want low wages, if that is the case then what influence does "reputation" have on how well a coach performs? Would a "continental" coach with 17 for attacking be better than a "national" with 20? I hope you get my point?

Guess nobody as the answer as to how reputations affect the performance of coaches / scouts then???

My assistant says my team is 'misplacing way too many long passes', yet my teams passing is globally set to short (3rd notch to be precise). Why are my team then making long passes, poor ones at that?

Guess nobody as the answer as to how reputations affect the performance of coaches / scouts then???

It definately affects scouts. A high rep scout will find many more players than a low rep one. No idea about coaches though.