Worst player you ever signed?

ewok01

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Has to be Ricardo Quaresma for me. Waste of space! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I thought he was supossed to be excellent.

keep em coming...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

Has to be Ricardo Quaresma for me. Waste of space! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree on that one. He looks good but could never get the guy to perform.

Probably going to have to be miguel veloso for me. Players in my squad began to dislike Sunny and i had no option to offload him. As i use 2 DMs in my starting lineup, i needed to buy another reinforcement, so i plumped for veloso for 17.75 million, as he came highly rated by my scouts. Turns out after starting 30 games, he was very poor for me in that role, and i sold him for a fraction of the price (9 mill) the following season to atletico madrid.

Expensive and poor. icon_frown.gif

In staunch comparison though, marko marin for 100k, has been amazing for me, scoring 28 goals in 42 games from an AMC position, at the age of 18! Amazing icon_biggrin.gif

its amazing how individual games can differ. aguero 1 goal in 3 years!! WOW! he is a key player for me in liverpool. Quaresma, i agree with, utter crap.

i'll add another to the list, marcelo. played him at DL, he leaves huge gaps in defence, and no matter what i instructed him, he still pushed up way to far.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by longyt:

its amazing how individual games can differ. aguero 1 goal in 3 years!! WOW! he is a key player for me in liverpool. Quaresma, i agree with, utter crap.

i'll add another to the list, marcelo. played him at DL, he leaves huge gaps in defence, and no matter what i instructed him, he still pushed up way to far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's awful as LB at ML or AML he'll do much better.

Bernard Mendy

Signed him at Man City to be a starter at RB leaving Richards Dunne and Corluka battling for the starting places at CB

God he is terrible had to start playing Richards at RB then got Chimbodna on a free which pushed Mendy out all together

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

[ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's awful as LB at ML or AML he'll do much better.

yeh i did use him there eventually, was okay, but babel and a regen just pushed him out. sold him for 25 mill tho icon_smile.gif

Sergio Aguero, without a doubt. I have had him on multiple saves (to see if it wasn't the one formation I was playing) and he either never performs, is infinitely injured with stupid injuries or because he is playing badly I drop him and he gets annoyed.

He is extremely over-rated imo. Not worth the price tag for me when you could get someone like Benzema who would does about fifty times better then him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Puppy:

Probably going to have to be miguel veloso for me. Players in my squad began to dislike Sunny and i had no option to offload him. As i use 2 DMs in my starting lineup, i needed to buy another reinforcement, so i plumped for veloso for 17.75 million, as he came highly rated by my scouts. Turns out after starting 30 games, he was very poor for me in that role, and i sold him for a fraction of the price (9 mill) the following season to atletico madrid.

Expensive and poor. icon_frown.gif

In staunch comparison though, marko marin for 100k, has been amazing for me, scoring 28 goals in 42 games from an AMC position, at the age of 18! Amazing icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must disagree, I bought Veloso for Liverpool in second season and he was by far my best player that season. I would recommend him for anyone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I must disagree, I bought Veloso for Liverpool in second season and he was by far my best player that season. I would recommend him for anyone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

must agree veloso is amazing as for mine definately babi agbonlahor fires for aston villa signed him for chelsea 26m and to get 0 goals in 20 appearances as a striker

i was fighting a relegation battle with fulham (three seasons in) and i decided to spend my transfer budjet on a quality striker. i signed john dahl tomasson from villereal. 2 goals in 15 appearances. I didnt stay up (came to the last day) because no one on my bloody team could score!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> i decided to spend my transfer budjet on a quality striker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

then why did you sign Tomasson?

My worst buy would have to be Cassano, scout said great asset, he was available cheap from Real got him for 3.9million. He scored 4 goals in the entire season, needless to say sold him the next summer for 18million to Inter so I wasn't complaining.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">john dahl tomasson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should have asked a few of the newcastle faithful about john dahl tomasson could not hit a barn door from 5 feet, was one of the more polite stuff about him that and he f:cking useless icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fabio Quagliarella </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has always done brilliantly for me. 56 goals in all competitions in his first season for me at Birmingham, and on a separate save 52 goals in all competitions at Villa in his first season and 63 in his second + world player of the year.

For Me:

Eduardo, once i left a comment saying i had signed him for £28.5 million but scored 61 goals in 1 season. sounds good! NO! Because the next 3 seasons he scored a grand total of: 8 goals >icon_frown.gif

For My Friend:

Stancu, (SHOCK HORROR) played 10 games scored 1 and got 4 reds in 5 games! icon_redface.gif

Al Bangoura. spent £12mil to sign him from watford to arsenal becos my scout said "he's twice the player den my own defensive midfielder". he was down right poor. couldn't tackle. gave away the ball too often and his rating rarely got past 7!

Agounda is mine I think thats how you spell it Zarate broke his leg 3 days before the transfer window shut I only had 2 other strikers in the squad so I signed him for £10 million and he was terrible scored 4 in about 20 games and averaged about 6.5 maybe a bit lower. Soon as Zarate was fit I sold him on and managed to get my money back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Stancu, (SHOCK HORROR) played 10 games scored 1 and got 4 reds in 5 games! icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have to disagree, I got Stancu for my Luton team and he has single handedly fired me into the Prem from League One in 4 years, with at least 25 league goals a season. He was my best ever signing..

As for worst... I once signed Huntelaar as Man Utd for about £14m. At the time i thought "bargain".. then 38 Premiership games later.. he'd scored twice.. Safe to say i sold him on, for only about half the price, about £6.5m i think

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

Has to be Ricardo Quaresma for me. Waste of space! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was crap for me at first but turned it around eventually. 18 goals and 48 assists in his best season. icon_cool.gif

I have signed Veloso on two different games for 30+m and he's never been more than average for me. I can't be using him right.

FM07: Richard Duffy. Marked out as an excellent young prospect by my scouts at Everton, he averaged a rating of under six for the first full season I had him, when injuries to Hibbert and Neville meant I had no other cover at RB.

Cost me about £3M, and for this I think he gave away a goal every two or three games (going on the mistakes leading to goals stat). Eventually released on a free cause no-one would buy him after fours season in the reserves (following a second chance in his second season, where he still sucked). I've had more expensive players who didn't perform well, but none who self destructed quite like this

FM08: Ryan Babel to Arsenal for £12M. Looked great on paper but didn't score a single goal for me and sucked both up front and on the wing. Eventually sold for about £8M to Lyon after three and a half dismal seasons at the club

• 2 years later...

Archived