The Never Quite Made Its

CMeds

Hello

I am a sucker for nostalgia, particularly when it comes to cm/fm. I can remember pretty much every unearthed gem through the years, and it always makes me feel that little bit special when a signing I made years before joins a top european club in real life.

However, for every Ronaldinho (used to sign him from Gremio for Man U), there is a Cherno Samba, or even a Freddy Adu!

So, in memory of past greats, I am thinking of getting on the editor and putting them all in one place, for one last hurrah. The team of the second chance. So I'm coming up with some names of past greats (some may be retired, though I hope not), and would love to have your input and jog my memory...

I'll keep the squad list updated:

Goalkeepers

Neil Alexander

Richard Wright

Arenas (colombian goalkeeper, think that was his name...)

Defenders

Lee Wilkie

Jamie Victory

Ian Wright

Midfielders

Sherman Cardenas

Tommy Svindal Larsen

Stefan Selakovic

Martin Rowlands

Freddy Adu

Forwards

Supat Rungratsamee

Cherno Samba

Peter Prospar

Ibrahim Bakayoko

Tonton Zola Moukoko

Nicolas Millan

Also, what was the name of the Chilean fella who started the game as a 14 year old striker? Remember him getting really good about five versions ago.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgi Kakalov, Anatoli Todorov (Both from Litex if i remember correctly) - used to get them all the time on 03/04

I can't remember their names but those 2 guys from Kaiser Chiefs in FM05 i think it was

And Carlos Daniel Hidalgo is the guy i think Fabio means

Are only players allowed who don't play in a first division now? Daniel Braaten and Oleksandr Yakovenko were great players in earlier versions, now they play at pretty good teams but they're no world beaters. ;)

Fábio Paím had a super PA once, he's now in the Portuguese third division.

Georgi Kakalov, Anatoli Todorov (Both from Litex if i remember correctly) - used to get them all the time on 03/04

I can't remember their names but those 2 guys from Kaiser Chiefs in FM05 i think it was

Lebohang Mokoena

Always turned into one of the best strikers in the game on CM4, CM03/04 and FM2005.

That's the one. :thup:

Rivaldo from Benfica?

Sharbel Touma and Stefan Ishizaki both turned out fantastic on CM99/00. I had an epic game as Bradford on that version, and those two were lynchpins of the team. Both never amounted to much in real life, although they're both still playing in Sweden.

Another Swede in Kim Kallstrom also turned out to be world class in that version, but he's gone on to have a pretty good career with Lyon.

Lee Miller and Mark Kerr maybe? Kerlon and Zeefuik come to mind. I'd throw in Podolski too, I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for that, but he used to be able to score 2-3 goals per game back before FM09.

I agree that he hasn't become as good as he did in the older FMs but you can't exactly say he hasn't become a great player. Averaging a goal every 2 games for Germany isn't too shabby!

I agree that he hasn't become as good as he did in the older FMs but you can't exactly say he hasn't become a great player. Averaging a goal every 2 games for Germany isn't too shabby!

Yeah, that's why I put in the caveat at the end. He's not a bust like the others, but he was a monster on FM08 and before. Oh another one I just thought of, but it isn't too late for him to turn things around is Keirrison. Maybe he'll pan out, but it's not looking good.

Archived