+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 2,901 to 3,000 of 4116

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Third Team

Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Mark! View Post
    I quite like this idea, and maybe even having a holiday game with a "perfect staff" team (with ordinary / no players - maybe increase its training and youth facilities?) and a "perfect players" team (like in kipfizh's challenge, but have very poor staff and a poor chairman (high interference, etc - maybe start with poor training / youth facilities?), and see which team is more sucsefull. Prob have one team in BSN and one in BSS?

Whilst I have no doubt the perfect players team would perform better initially, it would be interesting to see if the perfect staff would be better long term?

Of course Im too lazy to run this (and am still on FM2007), but if anyone wants to run with it I'd follow it.

Cheers,

Marky Mark
    That is a very good idea I found from the 1st page!

Part-Timer

I've just had an idea. How about putting the national champions of each playable league into one league system and having a 'proper Champions League'. Would the likes of Man United and Barca stand out or be overtaken by the champions of less successful nations. What do you think?
    Last edited by joetheref; 03-05-2009 at 12:42. Reason: Idea!

Youth Team

Quite a good idea there. I have an idea if you want to start a challenge. I can pm you if you would like to know more.

Part-Timer

Yeah feel free to pm me, I'm open to ideas. Can't guarantee I will do it but if its good you never know

Semi Pro

i've just had an idea hit me, but as i've got exams till mid June, i wont have time to put the idea into a game till then.

the idea is a sign up, and it will make use choosing whether the manager is male or female (still need to check the editor to see if its only player managers that can be female, or if i can set staff to be).
    it would probably go along the lines of: if they all start out in the BSS/BSN, who can rise to the top first, and who can earn the most money over a period of time.

thats as far as my thinking got, feel free to rip it to pieces

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by brambleten View Post
    i've just had an idea hit me, but as i've got exams till mid June, i wont have time to put the idea into a game till then.

the idea is a sign up, and it will make use choosing whether the manager is male or female (still need to check the editor to see if its only player managers that can be female, or if i can set staff to be).
    it would probably go along the lines of: if they all start out in the BSS/BSN, who can rise to the top first, and who can earn the most money over a period of time.

thats as far as my thinking got, feel free to rip it to pieces
    We have something similar running already, by Denther.

Semi Pro

ah. thats probably where i got it from. my brain must have stored it until i was bored and then popped it out, making me think it was my own idea

Part-Timer

My Champions League is up and running http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3157384

Amateur

I've thought up an idea for a save . Because i've been bored of th numerous careers i've done and got really far - i need a new kind. (this is in the General Discussion but here it is) My first little idea is to put a team like Man United or Chelsea in the League 2 or BSP, take away their funds, take away ALL their coaches and players except 3 selected good players and try to totally re-build th club and return them to glory. If you have any ideas to make it better and if you like this plan - let me know!

Cheers

Youth Team

Good idea but tbh the clubs will just go bankrupt. Still a good idea.

Amateur

How will they go bankrupt? Im not meaning take ALL the money away. Enough to re-build. Cos you'd still have to take in crappy players for the time being eh? Any ideas to make it better?

Youth Team

Oh right. An idea for you is so they keep all their under 21 players that are English and have come through the academy.

Amateur

Good idea! Do you think i should keep like three first teamers so it is still Man United or whoever?

Youth Team

Yep but only the diehards e.g Giggs, Scholes, G.Neville.

Youth Team

Are you gonna make a thread containing info etc. Might start as either Chelsea or Man U.

Amateur

Im not sure yet, still thinkin bout it. Not much people have given help so i dont know yet. Ill PM you if i do.

roberto922

Plan it properly before you make the thread

One major factor is that the debts will need to be wiped or at least severely cut or they'll be obliterated financially within a couple of months at the most

Amateur

Got an idea for a Top Trumps style sign up.

20 people sign up supplying just their name and nationility all attributes are random. Scores are awarded based on goals, assists, etc. At the end of the season the bottom three players can challenge an opponent Top Trumps style with any attribute, if it is higher they win points to add to their attributes or take away from the player they challenged. If they lose the challenged player gets the same choice. Screen shots are PM to players so no-one knows strengths or weaknesses of your player.

I was thinking CA of 80 and PA of -8 for the players strating in BSP or similar league. Not sure what kind of points to award for challenges won - thinking about 6 points with no more than 2 to any attribute. Could also include CA and PA as things you can use points on.

Thoughts? Appreciate any feedback.

Reserves

Love it. PMing would be the only way. If it's done right that could be a very successful sign-up imo.

Semi Pro

@ CircusCarnie - Yeah, I like the idea. The thing that jumps out at me initially is the problem with screenshots. Obviously to show screenshots on these forums they need to be uploaded to a site like, for example, imageshack or photobucket. Once a link is sent to someone via PM then they would be able to navigate away from their screenshot and into the album in which all the screenshots. One way around this would be by operating on trust, although that could never be "policed".

I hope that makes sense.

Basically:

1. I'd get a link from you to an image of my profile
    2. I could then click on a link which would say something like "back to album", and then view everyone elses screenshots.

Amateur

Is it possible to navigate back to album? Didn't know that.

Here's a link - http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4...obigabelli.png - to a screen shot from a sign up running at the moment. It doesn't show a back to album feature so I assume it would be okay to use it this way. Otherwise it means doing them all indivually which does not appeal to me

Semi Pro
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.

I like the idea of the top trumps game. Another way of getting round the screenshot problem that tomsmith mentions is to attach the photos to emails which you would have directly uploaded via your computer so theres no chance of cheating. This also should ensure that the people involved would be unlikely to forget about the sign up as they would most likely check their emails often.

Edit: I just tried with that photo and I couldn't work out a way to get to others so it could work.

Semi Pro

Yeah imageshack seems to work. I couldn't find a way of getting back to the albums.

EDIT: Is it possible to search for users from the imageshack homepage and then access their albums from there? I cant test this as I dont know anyones user name for imageshack.
    Last edited by tomsmith1989; 07-05-2009 at 15:20.

Amateur

good stuff. Thats the first potential problem sorted.

The other problem I envisage is people signing up and not checking in to challenge a player. Would you suggest giving the challenge to the next player on the list or no challenge at all.

Semi Pro

In all likelyhood you will get a lot of interest in this so you will either be able to pick the people you feel are most likely to follow the sign up constantly or to get a long reserve list to easily replace the person who is not checking in.

As its the person at the bottom of the league I say they lose it. Its in their interests to check in as they have the most to gain but its up to you. You could try running a test season first to see what happens.

Semi Pro

That would work. A way of making sure that people are around for the challenges if they are in the bottom three is to give a sensible time limit. It has to be remembered that not everyone can come on and check things everyday so a decent time period will give them as much chance as possible. Another way of cutting down on this would be to "hand select" the people who sign up instead of basing it on a first come, first serve basis. It seems that getting people to PM you with reasons why they want to join the sign-up, how active they are etc... seems to work well.

When I mentioned the user name thing in the previous post I hadn't thought of something. What has come to mind now is the fact that we don't know your user name and we can't find it from just screenshots so that makes no difference

roberto922

Sounds like a great sign-up Quite a few good ideas coming up atm

Amateur

I was thinking three days to make the challenge and select what attributes to increase. I work shifts so it can sometimes be a few days before I'm around anyway. The player making the challenge would be able to choose what they want to increase as soon as they select a player. There would obviously be a slight delay if they lose the challenge and the other player is not online but I don't think it would be too much of a problem.

Could you try this link it is another screen shot from my album but I have made it private. Hope this way no body would be able to search for my profile and find the screenshots but still be able to view them.

thanks for feedback so far

roberto922

Only way I can see people getting round it is by searching for the image name

Semi Pro

I don't think theres a way to look at your album from that photo. I also copied and pasted the address into google and nothing came up.

Semi Pro

I too have tried many different rhings and not been able to locate any FM related albums. Even searching for the image name doesn't work. Seems thats solved

Amateur

Feedback has been positive, thanks guys.

Another idea is to add a wildcard challenge in there. At the start of the season there is a vote from three choices. things like highest league position, most games played, worst discipline. Whoever wins the wildcard also gets to challenge a player. It would mean that players who are not scoring enough to challenge the top or to many for a bottom three will also be involved.

Credit where its due. I got this idea from blowcrapup's third prize idea in the random game

Amateur

Decided to give the Top Trumps game a go.

Sign up thread is here for all interested. Forum regulars and those who gave feedback earlier will be almost certainly guaranteed a place.

World Cup Winner

Do we have any supporters of either of the old firm clubs here in CSE?

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Do we have any supporters of either of the old firm clubs here in CSE?
    I've always presumed that BermyBhoy is a Celtic fan due to his username, other than that I'm not too sure.

Third Team
    "Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."

I'd go for Celtic myself.

World Cup Winner

I mean real supporters of either club, people who go to go to their games etc.

Third Team

Boo.

Cheap fans ftw.

World Cup Winner

By that I just meant people who consider Rangers/Celtic the club they support, I probably wrongly assumed 'I'd go for Celtic myself' to mean you just preferred them.

You a Celtic fan then?

Third Team

No. Your first assumption was correct.

World Cup Winner

Damn.

Anyway, if there's any Rangers Celtic fans about, send me a PM.

Semi Pro

Why? I'm not, just really intrigued now...

Third Team

You called? I obviously don't physically attend the ground every other week though...

roberto922

Boo to Old Firm, Hearts is where it's at

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

i have a challenge idea
    where you start in say the bsn and you have to make it to the top but you can only get promoted once with each team
    would be hard enough

tell me what you think

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MeLikeFM View Post
    i have a challenge idea
    where you start in say the bsn and you have to make it to the top but you can only get promoted once with each team
    would be hard enough

tell me what you think
    If I remember rightly something similar has been tried before and didn't do very well. I can't remember what its called though. It could work this time round though.

Reserves

Clearly it's the last Scottish team to win a European Cup Aberdeen

Reserves

I'm a Celtic fan (well I say fan, my father is and I guess I'll always have a soft spot for them) but we live to far away to go to games, bar special occasions (birthdays etc.)

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

Quote Originally Posted by blowcrapup View Post
    If I remember rightly something similar has been tried before and didn't do very well. I can't remember what its called though. It could work this time round though.
    ye i tried it last year when i had a different
    username

First Team Squad Member

I know there is the career thread but I was just wondering if it might be a good idea to have a 'one club career thread' for those who tend to play with one club and take them to glory (but that club isn't a non-playable one and thus doesn't qualify for the various challenges).

For instance, I tend to have a save game with the Saints along the same lines as Dafuge's Challenge, however there isn't anywhere for someone like me to update. I imagine that there must be others like me who have picked a playable team and aren't intending on having a journeyman/career style game.

Perhaps it should be a 'Lower League Management Updates' thread instead? I'm not sure but I think something like that might be good for CSE. Might be a good idea for the future.

Any thoughts?

C.

Third Team

I don't know - they already have some sort of facility for that in GPTG don't they?

First Team Squad Member

I think it's been brought up a lot by various different people and I think the answer is inevitably to post in GPTG or LLM sub forums, or the career thread. I'd have no problem with a thread like that being in the forum though.

Amateur

Hey,

I've always been fond of managing a non-league team, even to the extent where in Cm01/02, I went on the editor and swapped all the league teams for non-league teams...

So fast forward to FM09 where I have swapped every team in the premiership to blue square south with non league teams... it's quite difficult in the blue square south with a wage budget of £25 p/w...

So here's the link, and let me know if I should make a thread for it...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?clyygijgnkm

Thanks

Matt

Amateur

"The South African Draft with REAL Money"

I will be needing 32 (I know it's alot!) people for this sign-up. Basically, it's taking over the 1st and 2nd division in South Africa and for forum users to create 32 teams to play in the league.

First thing would be to give points (not sure how yet), and the highest scorer would get to name the top league. 2nd highest the 1st division, 3rd the next competition and so on.
    These points will also determine whose teams will enter the African continental competitions.

Second, they need to name and create a team as normal. Each club would be given a high reputation (as the leagues have a high reputation), a large stadium, plenty of cash etc etc.
    Each team would have a formation of 4-4-2.

Thirdly, a secret bid would take place. Each player would be given 100,000 points, to split between GK, defence, midfield and attack. The highest bidder in attack, would be given the two best CA ST/FC, the 2nd highest the 3rd and 4th etc. All players picked would be set to love the club they have been picked for, and the manager etc. Then as backups to the team, the highest bidder would get the 65th and 66th highest (to make 4 strikers). For midfield, the person who bid highest would get the best ML, MR, MC(AMC) and MC(DMC) players.

When each team has 23 players (3 GK, 8 defence, 8 midfield and 4 attack), the league would be run until halfway, with a full update on the status of both leagues, and players in each team. At this point, you will be given your teams game budget, to spend on players in the forum. You can PM, or make public bids - probably 72 hours will be given from the update and I will make the changes in the game. Then at the end of the season, with one game to go (just like the Role Models sign up) I will do a commentating update on the final game, confirming champions, and relegated and cup competitions.

As a final twist, the teams that are relegated from the 1st division (so they wont be playing in the next season) will have all their players released to the rest of the division, but might come back up (depending on the game letting them!).

At the end of the season - each manager will be allowed to put 5 players on the "transfer list" - which other teams can bid for with in game money (as mentioned before). These players will be transferred by me 1 day before the season starts so they dont move during the summer on their own!

Please let me know soon(ish) as I will need to get cracking on my test DB - also if you have any ideas let me know.

Amateur

Wow, sounds like a lot of work, but if you can pull it off then fair play, sounds great

Third Team

Very good Mate, as Denther said it will be alot of work but if you can do it, Could be a cracker.

Will support this mate

Part-timer

A quick couple of questions about the editor if anyone can help - Is there anyway to quickly delete all players from a team or nation, or do you have to do it one by one?

And is there a way to delete records (most goals, biggest win etc) from clubs' and nations' history pages?

Amateur

I'm pretty sure that records can be deleted but you have to release players one by one if doing it just at the one club.

Part-Timer

Hey Hawkini. Even though I totally hate you for being from NTI I've love to get in on that South African sign up if you do and if not, I'll support it the whole way!

Third Team

dafuge - did you ever do a CSE Awards last year? If so, are you planning on bringing it back this year? It was suggested around this time IIRC.

page 6 of this thread has the first thoughts I think

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    dafuge - did you ever do a CSE Awards last year? If so, are you planning on bringing it back this year? It was suggested around this time IIRC.

Birdy has run the last 2. couple of pages back it was discussed, think canvey!! is running it with help of a few other people this year, it's normally in the summer I think

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post

I've never run them, but I do usually have an input into the running of them.

There will be an annual awards to take place towards the end of the summer, to coincide with the build up to the demo of the new game.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge;3213359[B
    ]I've never run them[/B], but I do usually have an input into the running of them.

There will be an annual awards to take place towards the end of the summer, to coincide with the build up to the demo of the new game.
    Laziness!

Awards are always very good

Third Team

Cheers for the reply Paul

Part-timer

You know what bugs me about the editor? The different scales.

Attributes are out of 20.
    Relationships are out of 100.
    Languages are out of 10.

Most annoying.

Third Team

I have found that aswell actually! I reckon that a scale of 20 right across (excluding reputations of course) would be the best way to fix that.

Amateur

Launch of premier league

Go back to 1992 when the premiership launched and teddy got the first goal in front of the cameras. re-create database and even put in todays players i.e. a 6 year old wayne rooney and basically acheive better than sir Alex at man u i.e. win 12+ prem titles, at least 3 european cups (maybe 4) etc etc.

Staying incharge will be some acheivement aswell.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Andyh60 View Post
    Launch of premier league

Go back to 1992 when the premiership launched and teddy got the first goal in front of the cameras. re-create database and even put in todays players i.e. a 6 year old wayne rooney and basically acheive better than sir Alex at man u i.e. win 12+ prem titles, at least 3 european cups (maybe 4) etc etc.

Staying incharge will be some acheivement aswell.
    That will take a hell of a lotta work, how will you decide on players' stats? Also I don't believe that the game will let you put Wayne Rooney as being 6, and will increase his age to around 14, or so I believe.

But if you can pull it off fair play

Part-timer

Also i believe Brian Deane scored the first ever premier league goal for Sheffield United against Man Utd

World Cup Winner

I'm not sure of the number of teams in a league can be edited either, I think there were 22 teams in the Premiership back then.

Yes, Deane got the first although I think Teddy got the first televised goal (a bit of a Sky gimmick).

Amateur

Hi everybody,

I'd like to share my idea for an AI Experiment.

The Goal - The goal of the experiment is to explore the effects of running a game on Full Detail. The experiment will create multiple versions of the same save, with a different number of games in the EPL run on Full Detail. The saves will all have a certain amount of results in common with each other, and I will report, and compare and contrast, the differences in the results of each save.

The Set-Up - I'll run this experiment on FM08, 8.02. A database will be created with the English Premier League and the Coca-Cola Championship leagues running. This will be called Database A. I will immediately create a copy of this database, and call it Control.

In both Database A and Control, the Under 18s and Reserves competitions will run without Full Detail. The FA Cup, The Carling Cup, and The Championship will all be run at Full Detail. In Control, the EPL will run at Full Detail, while in Database A, it will not.

The Experiment - Both files will be holidayed 6 games into the EPL season, to the point where as many teams as possible have played 6 games, but no team has played 7. At this point, I will report on the status of Database A only. (I will not report on Control until the very end.) Both databases will be saved, and then I will create a copy of Database A, which will be called Database B. In Database B, the EPL will have Full Detail changed to on. After 6 games, Database A and B will have identical standings in all competitions.

The three databases will all be holidayed another 8 games into the EPL season, to the point where as many teams as possible have played 14 games, but no team has played 15. I will report on Databases A and B, and see what sort of differences have developed with one database having played 8 games with full detail and 6 without, and the other having played all 14 games without. At this point, another copy of Database A will be created. This will be called Database C, and it will also have Full Detail changed to on. The experiment will continue on as above.

At the conclusion of the experiment, there will be six databases, each with a different number of EPL games run at the Full Detail level.
    Control - all 38 games played on Full Detail.
    A - no games played on Full Detail.
    B - 6 games identical to Database A, 32 games played on Full Detail.
    C - 14 games identical to Database A, 24 games played on Full Detail.
    D - 22 games identical to Database A, 16 games played on Full Detail.
    E - 30 games identical to Database A, 8 games played on Full Detail.

At each point where I create a new save, I will report on each save, and some of the key differences that have come up.

I understand that the random nature of the AI will have a significant impact on the results. In fact, I could probably do the exact same experiment never changing the Full Detail option and come up with six completely different results. But like any good experiment, you need to be able to exert control over some element in order to create an environment for different results, and this is a lot easier to manipulate than the habits of the AI.

Thoughts, comments, criticisms welcome. This is my first go at this, so if I've missed something, or there's something you'd like to see included, please let me know.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I'm not sure of the number of teams in a league can be edited either, I think there were 22 teams in the Premiership back then.

Yes, Deane got the first although I think Teddy got the first televised goal (a bit of a Sky gimmick).
    I can confirm that Deano got the first Premiership goal because I saw it! Sheringham got the first on SKY for Notts Forest.

Part-timer

I've got a sign-up idea, and I was hoping for some help...
    Basically I want to see if anyone can "recreate" Lev Yashin arguably the best and most legendary goalkeeper in the history of football
    I imagine creating about 10 players in certain selected clubs in Russia and Ukraine (possibly some other eastern european countries). Starting at 21 or 22 years old with CA about 175 and PA about 190-197. I'm too young to have seen Lev myself, but after reading up on him he's obviously have certain attributes pre-set to 19/20 and then people could select a certain number of attributes to 17/18.

I need some help though... I could do the actual sign-up thread and create the database, but I'd need someone else to run the game thread and the actual FM09 game as I don't realistically have enough computer time myself. All it would involve is a holiday game and writing updates in the game thread...
    Would anyone be interested?

Semi Pro

im in the process of making a DB for myself, and i thought i would open it up as a sign up.
    the idea: the martians have landed and taken control of Gateshead in the BSN. the have murdered all the players there. realising they need players to play for them, they have brainwashed 28 of the (in my opinion) best footballing talents in the world to play for them. they will be given new names. the martians have a lot of backing (hopefully, if i got it correct), so the players will stay for a while. as they are brainwashed, they love the club.

can the martians actually win the champions league? however, the martians are slightly allergic to our level of sunlight, meaning they only have 10 seasons to complete their challenge. not all of their samples will last that long, so they also have full youth academy/facilities to replace any that fall.

where the sign up player comes in: all i need is a name for your player. i will post a list of positions with short descriptions of the players as i see them.

any good? i'll finish the DB and see if there is any interest

First Team Squad Member

imo get rid of this 'martians' thing, and perhaps plant in a couple of Russian/Arab tycoons, just my opinion though and since it pretty much destroys any uniqueness your sign up has you probably shouldn't listen to me.

Semi Pro

with martians i can get away with taking the best players in the world and renaming them, since they can obviously brain wash them . i really have no idea, its just what i threw together whilst i was waiting for the editor to load

Semi Pro

with martians i can get away with taking the best players in the world and renaming them, since they can obviously brain wash them . i really have no idea, its just what i threw together whilst i was waiting for the editor to load
    It could be said that it is a new 'tool' that a rich tycoon has pumped loads of money into researching and developing to brainwash the players. Some kind of evil genius perhaps?

Semi Pro

Evil Genius? sounds good. i shall have to come up with something menacing for a name.

Semi Pro

Evil Genius? sounds good. i shall have to come up with something menacing for a name.
    Good luck with that

Another thing to add could be something like him building/locating his new 'evil lair' in Gateshead or something. Just a couple of quick thoughts I had.

Semi Pro

mad Doctor Heinrick von Gummi-Bahren has been banished from Germany for making a mind control device. he has come to England (how he got it through customs i dont know) and made a not so secret lair near Newcastle. he has taken over a small football club, and whilst testing his new toy, managed to kill all of the players at the club whilst fine tuning it. realising he needs players, he has used his device to brain wash 28 of the brightest stars in world football. they answer to his every command, although he has managed to retain most of their personalities and abilities. they all have no idea who they really are. their clubs all believe they have gone AWOL to a big party on Svalbard, which is a cunning decoy.

Heinrick's aim: to win the Champion's league within 10 seasons, and to keep all of his minions under his control for as long as they are players. he has used his device to gain millions (he hopes) of pounds to keep his club afloat. with that he has build what he believes to be a 150,000 seat stadium, full training facilities and full youth academy/facilities.

where the sign up is involved: i will post a list of positions, with a short description of the player, and all i need from people is a new name for the player, and a position they want.

notes: Heinrick is mad, some of this may not work (namely the cash and the stadium, but in the spirit of things, i wont test it. )

Youth Team

Well, I am going well with my first sign-up, the FMX-Factor, and have had loads of positive feedback from those involved. It's now a case of playing it through and reporting on the eliminations and stuff. Thanks for the advice I was given on here, it really helped.

Anyway, I have another sign-up idea that I want to suggest for advice. Although I won't be officially starting it until the Summer when the FMX-Factor inaugural champion has been decided, I want to get started on the setting up as I think it might take a while.

Basically, I was watching the WWE the other day (I'm not a huge fan but I do find it mildly entertaining when there's nothing else to watch!) and I thought that it could be a basis for a FM sign-up.

What I am thinking is:

- 20 CSE members to take charge of a club in the Premiership (reputations set to equal, details decided by the CSE members) and rename their club. The team to be replaced will be drafted as the backroom staff and chairman could be a positive impact on the sign-up.

- A draft using the best first elevens from the current Premiership teams (based on 442 formation) so that each CSE member is given eleven players for a 442 formation. A manager draft will also be used as well as further player drafts involving promising football league and European players.

- The aim will be to be a champion - like the WWE. We'll have a World Champion and an Intercontinental Champion but these will be determined using FM. Different types of matches will be used - sometimes the winner will be decided by highest position, best aggregate scores, best cup performances etc ... Others will be able to challenge each other in order to try and move themselves up the rankings in order to get into a better position for a title shot.

- Players will be able to be traded on the thread so that underperforming teams can improve with skill and good decision making. They will also be able to select formations etc ...

Any comments?

Youth Team

Cool idea - would be interesting to have a 'belt' changing hands on the basis on single matches. Perhaps when a particularly juicy weekend of fixtures comes up, you could cover it like Wrestlemania or Royal Rumble (if the pay-per-views are still called that ).

It might be an idea to get some peronalities from the WWE involved, maybe as club charimen or user-created players. Or perhaps have each person who signs up assume a wrestling personality - that would make for some great banter in the thread

I think I would have to be 'Big D'

Third Team
    Jamie Mackie/Alejandro Faurlin enthusiast.

Sounds excellent mate, and your right, your current sign-up is going well and I will definitely be interested in signing up to it!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Cool idea - would be interesting to have a 'belt' changing hands on the basis on single matches. Perhaps when a particularly juicy weekend of fixtures comes up, you could cover it like Wrestlemania or Royal Rumble (if the pay-per-views are still called that ).

It might be an idea to get some peronalities from the WWE involved, maybe as club charimen or user-created players. Or perhaps have each person who signs up assume a wrestling personality - that would make for some great banter in the thread

I think I would have to be 'Big D'
    I like that idea of a wrestling personality involvement. That would be cool - we could have the wrestling personality as manager maybe?

Third Team

Ok guys, need some feedback:

With my JoseRR challenge complete (conveniently after a nice round 20 seasons) I have now made a 2nd save. This save I plan on using for an experiment that I've been keen to do for a while now.

Basically the idea is so simple. I will resign my post and then observe Savona's progress without me as I holiday through the seasons. It will be very much inspired by kipfizh's Bandits experiment in terms of the presentation as well as the particular things he looks at and follows.

The intention is to see how the AI deals with maintaining a team at the top. Who they bring in to replace me. Which players stay. Which players go. Basically everything, I want to know what will happen to the great club I created!! Will they sink or swim!?

Now over to you guys (if you'd be so kind ) - firstly do you think its worth running? Would people be interested? Secondly what would you want to see in the opening post with regards to screenshots/info about the gameworld?

Any help/ideas are more than welcome guys, I'll be very grateful and if things go to plan, could be getting this up and running soon

Reserves

It is definitely worth running and I would interested to see how the AI manager plays Rotunno.

Give some background info what you've accomplished over the years at Savona at a minimum. I think other people can suggest a lot more than I can...

Youth Team

I certainly would be interested in following the thread if you do it iacovone.

OP wise, I think a summary of your history at Savona along with details about the current squad would be needed along with an overview of the current state of affairs in Serie A (past winners screenie and recent league tables etc).

Would you be open to other people doing the same thing and posting in your thread. If I complete any of the challenges, I'D be interested in doing the same thing and it could make for a good comparison with your findings.

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy Chip Butty View Post
    Well, I am going well with my first sign-up, the FMX-Factor, and have had loads of positive feedback from those involved. It's now a case of playing it through and reporting on the eliminations and stuff. Thanks for the advice I was given on here, it really helped.

Anyway, I have another sign-up idea that I want to suggest for advice. Although I won't be officially starting it until the Summer when the FMX-Factor inaugural champion has been decided, I want to get started on the setting up as I think it might take a while.

Basically, I was watching the WWE the other day (I'm not a huge fan but I do find it mildly entertaining when there's nothing else to watch!) and I thought that it could be a basis for a FM sign-up.

What I am thinking is:

- 20 CSE members to take charge of a club in the Premiership (reputations set to equal, details decided by the CSE members) and rename their club. The team to be replaced will be drafted as the backroom staff and chairman could be a positive impact on the sign-up.

- A draft using the best first elevens from the current Premiership teams (based on 442 formation) so that each CSE member is given eleven players for a 442 formation. A manager draft will also be used as well as further player drafts involving promising football league and European players.

- The aim will be to be a champion - like the WWE. We'll have a World Champion and an Intercontinental Champion but these will be determined using FM. Different types of matches will be used - sometimes the winner will be decided by highest position, best aggregate scores, best cup performances etc ... Others will be able to challenge each other in order to try and move themselves up the rankings in order to get into a better position for a title shot.

- Players will be able to be traded on the thread so that underperforming teams can improve with skill and good decision making. They will also be able to select formations etc ...

Any comments?
    One interesting proposition could be the idea that different forumers could challenge the forumer who is the current belt owner (i think this happens in wrestling) on different parts of FM such as number of goals over a certain number of weeks, and the winner would get ownership of the belt

Overall its a great idea, good luck with it

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by super_lampard View Post
    One interesting proposition could be the idea that different forumers could challenge the forumer who is the current belt owner (i think this happens in wrestling) on different parts of FM such as number of goals over a certain number of weeks, and the winner would get ownership of the belt

Overall its a great idea, good luck with it
    Yeah, thats the idea. The challengers for the title might need to be determined (for example, the team/player ranked #20 is not in a position to challenge the World Champion for example) by myself based on ranking: i.e. the player ranked #2 would be entitled. But you could challenge others to try and advance your player/teams up the rankings. And sometimes, the challenger could state the stipulation: i.e. the number of goals scored in a season would be the stat that determined the winner.

Youth Team

You could also have some mini contests to determine the #1 contender, such as most points won in a month or FA Cup/League Cup/Premier League Champions getting an automatic title shot.

I think the lower ranked players shouldn't be completely ruled out though. It just wouldn't be wrestling if we didn't see some jobber pull off an upset once in a while and hold the title for a day!

Youth Team

You could also have some mini contests to determine the #1 contender, such as most points won in a month or FA Cup/League Cup/Premier League Champions getting an automatic title shot.
    Yeah was thinking that. I'd already decided that we'd have Battle Royals and Royal Rumbles!

I think the lower ranked players shouldn't be completely ruled out though. It just wouldn't be wrestling if we didn't see some jobber pull off an upset once in a while and hold the title for a day!
    Well, the lower ranked players could challenge the player ranked #3 and then move into position to challenge for the title. Or they could challenge the ranked #7 team/player to go for the Intercontinental Title and then move on from there.

Youth Team

One more thing - how will you work in fold-up chairs and interference in matches?

Amateur

Hey GCB,

So will there be a hard core match, all tackling set to hard, most red cards wins

Looks a good idea

Youth Team

Daft as it sounds DodgeeD and Denther, I had thought about that - well the hardcore element anyway!

Need to decide how to work the rankings. Easiest way to explain would be with an example.

Lets say I had these players involved and after the starting Battle Royale, I have them with these points (in brackets):

1. Edge (20) --- 2. Jeff Hardy (19) --- 3. Chris Jericho (18) --- 4. Rey Mysterio (17) --- 5. Shelton Benjamin (16) --- 6. Triple H (15)

This would make Edge the World Champion and Triple H the Intercontinental Champion.

Now I would probably decide that the Title Match would be Edge vs. Jeff Hardy and would use FM to determine their result. However, Triple H might decide that he wants to improve his ranking. I'm thinking that to improve your ranking, you need to challenge and defeat someone above you. So Triple H challenges Chris Jericho - they have a difference of 3 in their points. If a player defeats a higher ranked player, they get half of the difference so Triple H would move up to 16.5 points. I'd probably round up/down in these situations or else it'd get messy!

So now we'd have Triple H above Shelton Benjamin - that sound OK?

There is no point challenging a lower ranked player as it cannot improve you.

If you are challenged by a lower ranked opponent, you cannot refuse. So, if you wanted to challenge someone, you'd have to challenge them quick before someone challenged you.

If a player was the World champion and lost the title, I'd swap the champion and the challengers ranking and points around. So if Jeff Hardy defeated Edge, Edge would drop to second on 19 points and Jeff Hardy would go first with 20 points.

Amateur

How about an "vs the AI, career challenge" ?

Will require using the official DB editor (so LLM regulars may not like the concept)

Create 3-5 new AI managers with CA 100, PA 200
    Contract Field to be left blank (unemployed at start of game)
    Set Ambition & Determination to 15
    All other attributes to be set @ 0 (Optional extra difficulty level: Physio/Chairman ratings set to 1 (this gives more weighting to the scouting/coaching & managing skills they have))

None of the added AI managers can be given a starting Reputation level that will be LOWER than you choose for your own
    There should be a minimum of 2 added managers that have a starting Reputation level that will be HIGHER than you choose for your own
    There should be a minimum of 1 added manager that has a starting Reputation Level EQUAL to the level you choose for yourself

Set Reputations as follows
    Automatic Rep: Home 20; Current 20; World 10
    Sunday league Rep: Home 30; Current 30; World 15
    Semi-Pro Rep: Home 65; Current 65; World 32/33
    Pro Rep: Home 120; Current 120; World 60
    International Rep: Home 160; Current 160; World 80

Age 29-31 on game start (eg Dob xx/xx/1978 for FM09 users)
    Staff Role : Manager 20
    Prefered Formation : Any (except 424)
    No preset Club or Player Likes/Dislikes
    Allowable Nationalities - Only those you will be loading to create the save, so Dual Nationalities must be have both nations loaded.

Nations and League depth are optional, but i feel a minimum of 5 nations with all playable leagues enabled especially for the first few
    seasons.
    Create your Manager choosing from Automatic, Sunday League or Semi-Pro experience ONLY, and give a dob in the xx/xx/1978 (for FM09) range, Nationality as above, finally check the Unemployed box.

From here the save runs much the same as any other Career Save challenge, how high can you climb up the footballing worlds ladder, but you need to compare how well you are performing compared to your AI Rivals
    Can you earn more over your career than they do ?
    Can you win more Awards, Cups and Titles than they do ?
    Can you win more games, or draw and lose fewer games than they do ?
    Can you last longer at 1 club (shortest AND longest time at club) than any of them do ?
    Can you do it spending less, and receiving more on transfers than they do ?

If you decide to accept an offer to manage an International Team, you MUST resign from your club role (just as the AI managers do)
    I would also recommend making use of the Weekly 3 file rolling Autosave feature as occasionally your AI managers will "retire" suddenly without warning or news items.

The challenge will be over when ALL your added AI managers have retired.

Thought's, suggestions and/or improvements are welcome.

[edit]
    Apologies if this has already been suggested, but 30 pages is just a bit to much data to check through
    [/edit]
    Last edited by TheRealMagpies; 26-05-2009 at 01:45.

Third Team

Brilliant idea GCB, I'd certainly be interested.

I'd certainly be interested in finding out what would happen Iavcone, Great idea for an experiment.

Youth Team

I have created a manager sign-up because we have not had many this year.

If you want to sign-up, here is the link:

So, you think that you can do a better job?

The one thing that I would like some advise on is on how I will award bonuses (increased rep, PA etc.).

I am planning on giving them for matches managed, trophys won etc.

But, I would like some obscure unexpected bonuses that I could give but I can't think of any.

Can anyone help me with an idea here?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post

The one thing that I would like some advise on is on how I will award bonuses (increased rep, PA etc.).

But, I would like some obscure unexpected bonuses that I could give but I can't think of any.

I'm not sure how people would take to this, but you could take 'age' off of the managers. This would, in theory, give them a longer managerial career. It's literally the first thing that sprung to mind when I read your post. I will probably think it's a horrible idea in 5 minutes or so.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post

Hey pnefc22,

You could give an award for best head to head record. In my manager sign up I don't give stat increases etc, but after every season I do an head to head table based on average points per game v other users.

Top of this could get some award

Youth Team

Very good idea, Denther and I think that I will include that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast