+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,900 of 4116

Thread: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

World Cup Winner

Default Re: Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridleys View Post
    Right then. My current sign-up has not been a hit, at all.

So I'm here to ask all of you, what you would want in a sign-up. Just need a few ideas to find me something that will get a lot of interest and something which won't take me 3 hours to do an update that nobody is interested in.

Thanks
    I think the fantasy football idea is a tough one to take on. As Nep found out last year, it is an incredible amount of work for very little response from the people taking part. This is not the fault of the person running it, I just think that the fantasy football scenario doesn't really create a great deal of conversation and discussion.

Personally, I think the most successful sign ups are the ones which naturally trigger meaningful responses from the people taking part. Often these come when the people taking part have some kind of personal involvement in what is going on.

Semi Pro

maybe add
    big brother
    solitary
    who want to be a superstar?
    Unan1mous
    football idol

i can try to help...

First Team Squad Member
    Dat Guy Welbz is now 224 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

I wouldn't mind somebody taking over 'The X Factor' sign-up if they wanted to.

EDIT: - Link to Original Thread, Link to Original sign-up Thread

Part-timer

may have already been done but im not sure, was thinking of doing a celebrity in the jungle where people would create a player (good enough for a first team so age around 27/28) aand they would get placed in a hyundai a league team in australia, one player a team.

at the end of the season the two lowest average ratings (minimum 10 games) go to a vote and the remaining players vote who they think should go, sent in a personal message to me. if a player moves clubs that is seen as quitting the challenge and leaving the jungle, harsh but fair when the last 3 players are remaining there will be another vote to see who finishes first second and third.

what do you think?

anyone can take this from me because i cant use the editor as long as they thank me for the idea in the OP of the sign up

Reserves

Blanco's doing it TaylorB

There are still places in this sign-up if anyone wants.

Part-timer

oh right okay

that signup looks great
    will think about joining then come back to you in the next half hour

First Team Squad Member

The Land of Dreams

A developed idea:

Okay firstly, I will be creating a new Nation (well editing a current one, due to the restrictions on the editor.) The nation will be named 'The Land of Dreams'

Players will be given a chance to name the 20 clubs in the sign up (anybody may participate in this part, even if you don't wish to sign up!) and the 20 best names will be picked, by me. All clubs will have a reputation of 5000, top training and youth facilities as well as a Transfer Budget of ú15 million.

20 forumers then sign up and using the form that I will post in the opening post they will be able to create a player that I will then put in to the database. This player will become the captain of one of the 20 clubs in the league. All the players will have the same nationality (The Land of Dreams), so all players will be competing for a position in the national team. Each player will start with a CA of 120 and a PA of 200.

20 other forumers create a manager, using another template that will be posted in the opening post. You will have to choose the stats for the manager, although you will not actually be the manager (like in WW's signup) only you will be able to choose whether you want to sell the captain of your club when the opportunity comes along. You can sell him and bag the money, or keep him for the sake of the club. Managers will also have a CA of 120 and a PA of 200.

There will then be a live draw done to see which player and manager goes with which club.

How does that sound?

Third Team

I'm sure it can be done well but I just don't see the uniqueness tbh.

First Team Squad Member

What would you say is 'unique' then?

First Team Squad Member

it sounds like a very good idea in principal, although i'm not really sure what the point in having a 'manager' would be if all he did was pick whether or not he was going to sell a player. What you could do is make it like a sign-up where people get to 'create the club' using the 20 best names you chose. They could then pick all the little details like stadium name and kit colours etc. Then you could get someone to create the captain of each club. You could then track the progress of both club and player, which would should satisfy all 40 of the people involved. This shouldn't take up much time, as you wont have to take that many screenies, and you'll get a lot of people posting (which is what you want/and deserve for the hard work you'd be putting in).

Just an idea though, it's your choice.

Third Team

What would you say is 'unique' then?
    I still think it's too similar to WW's. Sorry I can't add anything more constructive but I'm not really in gear today.
    It also reminds me of a sign-up from not too long ago about a new nation along the lines of Elysia or something, but I can't remember who ran that.
    Last edited by canvey!!; 27-12-2008 at 17:38.

Reserves

What about an Off-Topic thread for CSE

Third Team

We had an Off Topic Thread for a long time, but the decision was made to close it to allow more banter in the main threads. Now we have the Social Group, which you are welcome to join.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiovascular View Post
    What about an Off-Topic thread for CSE
    Had one not long ago, before the forum change, but dafuge wanted us to use OTF instead

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by canvey!! View Post
    I still think it's too similar to WW's. Sorry I can't add anything more constructive but I'm not really in gear today.
    It also reminds me of a sign-up from not too long ago about a new nation along the lines of Elysia or something, but I can't remember who ran that.
    But I can't really find that many similarities between it and WW's sign up

First Team Squad Member

It was because a lot of people weren't taking a lot of interest in the threads, and were instead posting about what Ridley's had for breakfast or what Robert_296 favourite colour was. Obviously there just examples, but that was what it was like, we were too busy posting about completely random things in there, than we were in the many good sign-ups/challenges.

First Team Squad Member

We did actually did discuss what I had for breakfast at one point iirc

Reserves

Yes, but that's what off-topic is for? I can't exactly make a new thread in the CSE saying "There's fireworks going off outside just now" (true) and if I wanted to talk to say the CSE crew (apologies for using 'crew'), you can't post in OTF because they go wild.

Third Team

I did my research and this was an AI experiment run by Wegason - link in archive.

But I can't really find that many similarities between it and WW's sign up
    Forumers are creating players and managers who are together at the same club. These clubs then compete against each other, which is what happens but with nations with the FOOT Tournament.

I'll be honest, I think that you've thought of an idea and are trying anything to get it through "the system" despite it's similarities to WW. I believe that you could benefit from thinking a little bit further and developing a more original idea.

That's not to say you shouldn't do it, but this is the ideas thread and you have asked us for our opinions.

First Team Squad Member

That's why there is a social group, which Canvey!! just posted a link that will take you there.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    it sounds like a very good idea in principal, although i'm not really sure what the point in having a 'manager' would be if all he did was pick whether or not he was going to sell a player. What you could do is make it like a sign-up where people get to 'create the club' using the 20 best names you chose. They could then pick all the little details like stadium name and kit colours etc. Then you could get someone to create the captain of each club. You could then track the progress of both club and player, which would should satisfy all 40 of the people involved. This shouldn't take up much time, as you wont have to take that many screenies, and you'll get a lot of people posting (which is what you want/and deserve for the hard work you'd be putting in).

Just an idea though, it's your choice.
    whs

Ridleys - your idea sounds fine (better than your idea on the previous page, which did have quite a few remarkable similarities to my sign up ). However, Paul's idea would give you much more scope for involving a larger number of people more actively. But Mikeytwigge has just started a sign up similar(ish) to that in South America.
    Last edited by Walcott\'s Wonderkids; 27-12-2008 at 17:53. Reason: That idea I had was actually too similar to my own sign up, apologies! :D

Reserves

Didn't notice canvey's post there, if I had I probably wouldn't have posted what I did

First Team Squad Member

I'll be honest, I think that you've thought of an idea and are trying anything to get it through "the system" despite it's similarities to WW. I believe that you could benefit from thinking a little bit further and developing a more original idea.

That's not to say you shouldn't do it, but this is the ideas thread and you have asked us for our opinions.
    I don't really know what to do to make it more original though.

Third Team

How keen are you on this particular idea?

First Team Squad Member

How keen are you on this particular idea?
    The basis of the sign up is something I am keen on, but doing it exactly like I said may not be the best idea.

Maybe doing something like Paul said would work better?

First Team Squad Member

I think it would save a lot of excess work, E.G - presumably constantly asking the managers if they want to sell the said Captain. Obviously mikeytwigge has just started a sign-up similar, but his is in South America so you would probably get away with it. You could still have the Captain option, giving each team 1 player that would be 'captain' and then running it on the AI. Obviously that player would almost certainly leave the club. But you'd have to spread the positions well in order for the National team (presuming that you'd still have that part included) to do well.

First Team Squad Member

The Land of Dreams

A developed idea (again):

Okay firstly, I will be creating a new Nation (well editing a current one, due to the restrictions on the editor.) The nation will be named 'The Land of Dreams'

20 forumers will be given a chance to create the 20 clubs in the sign up and the 20 best names will be picked, by me. All clubs will have a reputation of 6000, top training and youth facilities as well as a Transfer Budget of ú15 million.

20 forumers will then sign up and using the form that I will post in the opening post they will be able to create a player that I will then put in to the database. This player will become the captain of one of the 20 clubs in the league. All the players will have the same nationality (The Land of Dreams), so all players will be competing for a position in the national team, choose wisely when choosing the position of your player! Each player will start with a CA of 120 and a PA of 200. If you have created a club then you cannot create a player.

There will then be a live draw done to see which player goes with which club.

Sound better?

First Team Squad Member

sounds a lot better than the original idea, still sounds a bit like WW's, but it has enough different aspects to make it a different type of sign-up to WW's.

Part-Timer
    The Future of Sports Journalism - www.somepeopleonthepitch.tumblr.com

Idea

My idea would be to have the 5 countries for football in Europe and start as a club in the lowest league of that country. The countries would be England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France. You would be able to attempt each country in whichever order you wanted, and each country should be a different save game so that you can play two or more countries at once and be at different stages. You would have to win every possible trophy in each country to class it 'complete'. Also, you would have to keep one player that was at the club originally when you first took over throughout your time in that country, an he would be your 'legend'. If your 'legend' scores over 200 golas you would get 200 points. There would be no points system, just the countries you've completed and the trophies you've won. The 'legend''s score would be to seperate people at the top of the table.
    Let me know what you think.

Part-Timer

Im thinking about starting a new game on the 9.2 patch with Newcastle United , and was wondering if anyone would want to join me in a , challenge , type game.

This would consist of keeping each other informed of each others progress and the winner of the challenge would be whoever has acheived the most in X amount of seasons (we could even do a points scoring system e.g. win FA cup = 50 points).

If you are interested , will you PM and we can discuss things further.

Thanks.

Reserves

FM09 A New World Challenge/Experiment/Signup

I have no idea how to efficiently create a no-player db (I'll probably die before I would create it if I delete it one player at a time...), so I've come out with Plan B.

The Ultimate European Superleague

I think this still fills the 'New World' mantra as it involves all the best teams in Europe in the English structure. The 20 or so super footballers will ply their trade at a 'Blue Square North or South' team of their choice and try to climb to the top.

Challenge: There will be a points system to determine who is the best footballer coming out of (insert country here).

Signup: People sign up lol.

Experiment: The Ultimate European Superleague will serve as the experiment. Who is truly the best club in Europe? Wanna try a Global Superleague but I'm lazy. (not to mention I'll probably put Toronto FC in the EPL )

I'll give a bit more once voting ends.
    Last edited by rancer890; 28-12-2008 at 02:03.

roberto922

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Signup: It's an interactive signup. The more you post, the more you get to play on the national team.
    Bad idea IMO to state this publicly, it's a good thing to involve this strategy but don't say anything about it on the thread or you'll get people spamming the thread to guarantee a starting place. Best to do what The_Lambs did and just mention after a while that you've been monitoring who's been posting regularly

Reserves

roberto, I never said that.

Anyways the BSN and BSS teams:

BSS
    • AIK
    • B. Jerusalem
    • Bochum
    • Brann
    • Djurgarden
    • Elfsborg
    • FC Groningen
    • FC Vaslui
    • Hearts - reserved for Robert Jones
    • IFK Goteborg
    • Lech
    • Legia
    • Loko (Sofia)
    • M. Tel-Aviv
    • Metalist
    • Metalurg D
    • NEC
    • Salzburg
    • Sunderland
    • Tromso
    • Wisla
    • Zilina
    BSN
    • Aberdeen
    • Aris
    • Artmedia
    • Banik Ostrava
    • BATE
    • Brondby
    • Domzale
    • FC Moscow
    • Genk
    • Helsingborg
    • Kayserispor
    • Panionios
    • PAOK
    • Rapid Wien
    • Rubin
    • Tampere Utd
    • Teplice
    • Timisoara
    • Trabzonspor
    • Unirea Urziceni
    • Valerenga
    • Young Boys
    Last edited by rancer890; 28-12-2008 at 02:15.

roberto922

Damn editing Anyway can I call dibs on Hearts?

roberto922

Oh and if you want to do a world one you could try using the team suggestion that I made?

Reserves

Yeah, I'll give you Hearts.

I would want to do a world one but what team suggestion thing are you talking about?

roberto922

*grumbles* ignoring my posts Here it is

Quote Originally Posted by roberto922 View Post
    I was thinking about something following what seems like the end of fantasy football due to it involving way too much for the responses it was getting, my idea isn't one for a particular sign up etc. but more along the lines of tackling the fact that 99% of sign ups and experiments end very prematurely.

Basically I was thinking why don't people team up more often? For example one of them does the DB and then uploads it for the other person, then the next person does the first update (or a set number of updates) and then uploads the appropriate files for his teammate to download and do the next update/batch of updates. This would obviously be aimed more at the demanding sign ups and experiments or towards forumers that want to do experiments/signups but don't have enough time to do them themselves. In my opinion it would ensure that signups etc. last longer and a higher percentage reach the end, it would of course depend on the forumers working well together, co-operating, being fairly punctual etc. and would (in my opinion) improve the forums as a whole.

Just let me know what you think, I've brought this up because theres sign-ups like fantasy football that are very enjoyable but are not being completed because of the time and effort taken to do each update which often results in forumers losing interest as the updates are taing upwards of a week to complete.

Reserves

Oh, something like a co-op kinda thing. I wouldn't mind teaming up with you in FM09 A New World.

roberto922

How many players would we be looking at?

Reserves

I would like to fill up the national team side. So about 20-25 players...

Preferably...
    4 Goalkeepers (or 3)
    6 Defenders
    6 Midfielders
    5 Forwards/Strikers

roberto922

That's fine then but I think that 7 defenders and 7 midfielders would be better IMO.

Reserves

Yeah ok, so...

4 goalkeepers (I always call up 4)
    7 defenders
    7 midfielders
    5 forwards/strikers

which brings the number up to 23.

The point system will basically be the same as the FM08 version...and I will use excel this time.
    Last edited by rancer890; 28-12-2008 at 02:43.

Third Team

Hmmm I am loving the sound of this before we even start...

roberto922

I thought it was 50 odd on FM 08? THat was way too much, 23s just right IMO

Reserves

Yeah, there were 53 on FM08. We will have 23 players in this one, use excel for the point system, and by the looks of it, lead Guam to global domination.

roberto922

Aww boo!

Third Team

Liking the look of this guys, SOunds very exciting!

Part-Timer
    The Future of Sports Journalism - www.somepeopleonthepitch.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by oldhammad View Post
    Idea

My idea would be to have the 5 countries for football in Europe and start as a club in the lowest league of that country. The countries would be England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France. You would be able to attempt each country in whichever order you wanted, and each country should be a different save game so that you can play two or more countries at once and be at different stages. You would have to win every possible trophy in each country to class it 'complete'. Also, you would have to keep one player that was at the club originally when you first took over throughout your time in that country, an he would be your 'legend'. If your 'legend' scores over 200 golas you would get 200 points. There would be no points system, just the countries you've completed and the trophies you've won. The 'legend''s score would be to seperate people at the top of the table.
    Let me know what you think.
    Anyone got an opinion?

Third Team

I think its just a little to similar to Dafuge and JoseRR's in combination while completing more than 1 at the same time. Dunno, guess its just my opinion

roberto922

And what if your player retires before you finish?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by oldhammad View Post
    Anyone got an opinion?
    I think the idea is a good one, but there are parts of it I don't like. Having a challenge where one must complete five nations in any order eclectically is a good idea, but I don't like the idea of the star player: the challenge in itself would be enough. It could also be rather time consuming, and as people prefer to try the more established challenges first you may not get a large number of participants. Perhaps you could set a beginning in the top flight of the country until winning the domestic division and the Champions League?

Third Team

I know there is already an Eastern European Challenge, but I have a huge idea that I am working on fattening out into a challenge. I have always noticed there is an extreme lack of challenges where we are encouraged to move clubs, and it seems the ones where we are encouraged to move seem to die off pretty quickly. The basic idea of my challenge is me building up an idea from the FMS Challenge Here. And then running it into my own challenge, with the ideas being slightly different. Now I think its probably going to mean running a minimum of 7 Countries and probably at least 13 Leagues.

Would people prefer more choice in where they go and who they can play as or would it be better if it was stuck down to a particular path? I just am trying to build the idea and I have several possible options.

roberto922

I think the main reason that challenges that involve multiple nations usually fail is because theres still a hell of a lot of people who either can't play with that many leagues or it runs very slowly on their system. Also people tend to get attached to clubs after their first season there so it's a tough egg to crack.

Third Team

I had a sneaky suspicion those might be the reasons behind it roberto, hmmm so then the possibilities is whether I try to make the whole story within one nation and a single club or whether I still go with my current idea and see how I can keep people interested by possibly the main job being a national job and there secondary jobs being at clubs to try and get a lead in...

roberto922

Well you could try with your first idea, the great thing about creating challenges is that, unless it's tournament based, you don't need to work your arse off to no audience if it fails

Third Team

Yeah that is true, I could always set it up so that if someone wanted to they could always play it as a series of small challenges, it just might make it a bit easier for them, and anyway I guess the more options I give the better chance someone might like it, of course its the creating and story art of it I am going to enjoy

Third Team

Of course then again i could go for a USSR Super League style competition instead and have the challenge based in there. So many possible options available, considering I have just loaded the game on my computer and it does seem a little slow, though that could be cause I have plenty of other things running as well, going to close other programs and see how it runs then haha.

First Team Squad Member

what you could do, is using the database find all of the best USSR teams, put them all in the English Leagues (or any other leagues) and then do a dafuge-esque 'Win the USSR Title and Champions League with a team previously unplayable'

Third Team

Actually Paul you know that is almost a stunning idea It might take a while to build the League up, but once it was done the results would be just amazing...hmmm it sounds almost completely plausable

Basing it in England would be best as there are numerous leagues downwards. Another option that might work is replacing Italy, and then the Italian teams would be all over Eastern Europe...hmmm I might look into that idea a bit deeper.

ok 1200 posts up :P
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 28-12-2008 at 15:22. Reason: 1200th Post

First Team Squad Member

it's not as complicated as you might think. What you should do is go through all of the USSR Nations clubs, then just put all the teams in an excel chart of something similar, with the teams with the highest reputation in the Premier League and so forth.

Third Team

That is the way I will do it, just a matter of making sure each one I move is directly replaced by one from England otherwise it will break it :P

Semi Pro

When you swap teams now it automatically swaps their nation/league/last position, it's a lot easier.

Sounds good by the way, the only downside would be that English teams are scattered across other countries. Would make trying to win the Champions League interesting

Third Team

I know it is possible to add an extra country actually into Europe, by taking one from somewhere else, so it would be possible to for example bring an extra league into Europe...maybe Argentina or Brazil, make that League have the English teams and then move the USSR teams into England The South American teams would then be scattered though :P

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    Actually Paul you know that is almost a stunning idea It might take a while to build the League up, but once it was done the results would be just amazing...hmmm it sounds almost completely plausable

Basing it in England would be best as there are numerous leagues downwards. Another option that might work is replacing Italy, and then the Italian teams would be all over Eastern Europe...hmmm I might look into that idea a bit deeper.

ok 1200 posts up :P

If you want a USSR league, you might want to try the Editors forum - I know various attempts have been made at this over the years so you might find something (though probably wouldn't be for the latest patch).

Also really like the idea of dafuge's challenge in a USSR league. Sort of a Gundo challenge special so to speak!

First Team Squad Member

Okay after about 15 minutes of thinking I have decided I am not going to run a sign up at all anymore.

Instead I have decided to makie an experiment on team talks and whether they make a lot of difference or not. I was thinking I could just take over a team (Liverpool for example), I would save the game before every game and then Play the same match several times, using different team talks, but keeping the same team.

Obviously the results may be affected by what happens in the game (Injuries and stuff like that) but if I do this for a whole season, I may finally get an answer of which team talk to select in a game.

Third Team

I think there's a program out there which means you can save the game mid-match and then re-create it more accurately - perfectly accurately in fact, so that the only variable is the team talk.

First Team Squad Member

Could you by any chance find me a link please?

Third Team

I'll take a look; I can't guarantee anything.

First Team Squad Member

Okay no worries if you don't find it.

Third Team

Who remembers Chas (Psyatika)? I do \o.! He ran a team talk experiment back in November last year and it is in that that you will find the answer Ridleys . Then you can 'Give it a Google'.

First Team Squad Member

Thanks, it all sounds a bit complicated but I'll download it anyway and see if I can actually understand it better with it there in front of me

Reserves

Ok, so I've decided to create a World League with the best teams on the planet for my FM09 A New World cse.

I'm just going to use club rep in the 9.2 db.

I hope I do this right, never did this db editing kinda thing before.

Reserves

Ok, I found a world superleague and downloading it now.

FM09 A New World Challenge/Signup/Experiment

Objective: 23 super footballers created by Welsh scientists (yes Wales won), at the cost of every Welsh player (only 1st nationality. Players with Welsh as second nationality are allowed to survive) being wiped out from Earth. Each player is fighting for a common team cause, but winning individual accolades will also result in a 5CA increase.

Every player will be able to choose a club based in the Blue Square North and South divisions TBD.

Challenge: Each player is fighting for individual accolades. The best defender (which includes goalkeepers), midfielder, and forward will be rewarded.

Signup: It's a signup hehe.

Experiment: Who is the best team in the world?

roberto, please add a bit more.

And the link to the superleague is here

First Team Squad Member

Who remembers Chas (Psyatika)? I do \o.! He ran a team talk experiment back in November last year and it is in that that you will find the answer Ridleys . Then you can 'Give it a Google'.
    Downloaded it and don't understand any of it at all

It's also only a trial version and the full version costs a ridiculous ú100 or something.

I'll just do it without using it.

Reserves

Ok, I'm reserving some spots for my signup now:

FM09 A New World Signup

GK -
    GK -
    GK -
    GK -

DL -
    DL -
    DC -
    DC -
    DR -
    DR -
    Other Defender -

Midfielder -
    Midfielder -
    Midfielder -
    Midfielder -
    Midfielder -
    Midfielder -
    Midfielder -

Striker/Forward -
    Striker/Forward -
    Striker/Forward -
    Striker/Forward -
    Striker/Forward -
    Striker/Forward -
    Striker/Forward -

Youth Team
    If text kisses were real kisses, the world would be an orgy.

I'll have a striker please

First Team Squad Member

I'll also have a striker please

Third Team

Why do you reserve spots? Why don't you just take sign-uppers normally, i.e. start the thread with all slots still available?

Reserves

Everyone's reserving spots these days, just following the tide. (In all seriousness I'm only reserving limited spots)

(and some have already pm'ed me about reserving spots )

Reserves

FM09 A New World Signup

GK -
    GK -
    GK -
    GK -

DL -
    DL -
    DC -
    DC -
    DR -
    DR -
    Other Defender -

Midfielder -
    Midfielder -
    Midfielder -
    Midfielder -
    Midfielder -
    Midfielder -
    Midfielder -

Striker/Forward -
    Striker/Forward -
    Striker/Forward -
    Striker/Forward -
    Striker - reserved for JSalter
    Striker - reserved for Whoopy D
    Striker - reserved for PaulHartman71

spot TBD reserved for fergysafc

Please note that you will lose your spot if you don't sign up within 48 hours after I put the signup up.

I am limiting the reservation spots to SIX people.
    Last edited by rancer890; 28-12-2008 at 21:40.

Semi Pro

I'm away this week, so if you don't mind, please can I have a striker? If not, a midfielder would do.

First Team Squad Member

I'm sure we agreed somewhere that people shouldn't be allowed to reserve spots for signups anymore

Reserves

Rancer- Can I sign up for DL please and thanks

Reserves

I'm sure we agreed somewhere that people shouldn't be allowed to reserve spots for signups anymore
    Oh, when did we agree to that?

Either way, I'm planning to post my signup right now...

First Team Squad Member

I can't remember where or when

Reserves

It's up now! Please signup!!!

Third Team

We didn't really agree anything but it was raised in the Social Group and it was said that it wasn't a good idea. I've PMed dafuge about it in the past and if it becomes a real problem it should be stopped.

Third Team

So I am working on the Soviet Union small Club to big club challenge and found that in League swaps changing the competition country and changing the nations of the clubs means that the fixtures list never shows up, so I am fiddling around now, and seeing what other options I can come up with, it may be that I have all the clubs with their original nations playing in a Soviet League I am also looking at the possibility of adding other nations to this challenge and database, for examples Ceczhlovakia (sp), Yugoslavia, Great Britain and any other broken countries we can think of, it could make it have a wider scope and then I would probably call it "Des Tiny's Amalgamated Europe Challenge" or something similar...come up with that later.

Third Team

Ok I have managed to work out a method for my League switches that works and has no fixture issues, but my next question is as follows. I have asked in the Editor Forum, but thought I should see if anyone here knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    I know that it is possible to get a Macro program to do this, but is there any way using the editor to change for example the Nationalities of EVERY player in the database? I am working on a huge mission of setting up the nations around Europe differently, so that there are a series of old nations back fighting for Europe, eg USSR, Yugoslavia, Great Britain (as a whole), Czechslovakia, and others, is this possible or would it mean having to individually edit every player in the database one at a time.

Also if anyone knows any way of doing this could they please suggest it, even if it means a progam download.

roberto922

No it was agreed that it's a bad thing if theres a limited number of vailable spaces, I'm not sure what this one comes under though tbh.

Reserves

No it was agreed that it's a bad thing if theres a limited number of vailable spaces, I'm not sure what this one comes under though tbh.
    It's all good roberto, the signup is doing well so far, and everyone who reserved their spot got them quickly.

Anyways the db.

Superleague db

Now it's time to start deleting every Welsh player!

roberto922

Could have told me you'd started it you doing the first updates?

Reserves

Could have told me you'd started it you doing the first updates?
    Well, you weren't online when I started...

Yeah, I'm doing the first updates. Deleting the Welsh players now...

Reserves

roberto, I'll delete the Welsh players last name As and Bs, you'll do Cs and Ds, and etc. ok?

Nearly done deleting the Bs...

Reserves

Uploading the db and going to give you the db link through pm roberto...my goal is to start this before 2009...

roberto922

I'll do it tomorrow, off to bed now.

Reserves

I'll do it tomorrow, off to bed now.
    K roberto, g'nite mate.

Third Team

Well guys I have realised that I have a huge mission ahead of me even to just make a Soviet Database, but I have realised that if I work on it right its actually not that much more of a step upwards to include the other nations I want to have in the database. So I am going to make the following Nations exist once more. And attempt to make the ones included within these super nations cease to exist.

Soviet Union (will replace Italy)
    United Kingdom (will replace England)
    Yugoslavia (will replace Serbia or Croatia - whichever has the biggest league)
    Czechslovakia (will replace Czech Rep. or Slovakia - as above)
    West Germany (will replace Germany)
    East Germany (will replace Spain)

Germany, Italy and Spain will have their leagues moved to most likely Scotland, Russia & Ukraine, which will be no longer needed following the changes. No ideas yet as to how I will fill the other empty leagues and how I will manage their qualification into Europe or any other problems as I have to figure out how to replace playable leagues in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, and two of Croatia, Serbia, Slovakia, Czech Republic.

So asking for ideas on any other leagues people would like to be made playable for this Challenge, possibly would be good if they fit with splits or joins as a way of doing it, but if not I will just find a work around, it may take the form of inclusion of some non-european states into europe, who that would be we will see, but it could add to a storyline for my big write-ups. So ideas of nations to move into this challenge would be great.

I am also going to do my best to try and make DDT files for all of the nations I make available so that clubs start with players.

Third Team

So thought of one more so far, going to make a seperate league for the Basque teams, but not really sure if there are enough.

If I believe Wikipedia There are 34 Basque Clubs for me to play with.

World Cup Winner

There's no strict rules on it, but I'm not keen on the idea about people reserving spots for people for the sake of it.

Perhaps if someone who has contributed to your thread is going to be away from the forums and physically cannot sign up in time, fair enough, but I don't think it should become the norm.

I think a better way around it if you want certain people to sign up is to let them know what time the sign up thread is going up, so they can get in fast at the same time as everyone else.

As you can see here, one major problem with reserving spots is the striker places get taken before the thread goes live. These are usually the best places in a story since scoring goals usually gives you more to write about, if these places are always taken it means new people to the forum are always going to have the left overs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast