£70 Million David Villa

Ok, now i know that people will come on here and say that he is a valuavle member of their team hence the reason why the asking price but i just had a bid of £70 for David Villa rejected. I do understand that he is a valuable player for them, i also understand that the market is slightly overpriced but still £70 million!!!!!! want the game to represent real life? Ronaldo was very very very valuable for Man Utd but they sold him for £80 million, Kaka was even more important for Milan and they sold him for £57 million. Compare what Kaka and Ronaldo have won and achieved in their career and then tell me whether or not this value on Villa is ridiculous. No one on this site can tell me that Valencia would reject a bid of £50m for Villa irl especially give their precarious financial position. Aguero is another example, nothing less than £50 million will be accepted, Real got Benzema for £35m and he was as important to Lyon as Aguero is to At. Madrid. He too is equally as talented. I managed to get Aguero for £40 million in FM09 which i feel represents better value for money.

Please guys, don't see this as FM bashing or one of thoes moaning threads that does not give the game time. I truely do believe that this is a better version than last year and previous FM versions. Apart from this issue i think the game is truely flawless so far. I hope this is sorted for the release or patch 1.

Cheers guys, just thought i'd throw in my CONSTRUCTIVE critisism as i know SI will appreciate it even if some on here don't.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think, in reality 50m would get him but we don't know that for sure and predicting real life figures 100% of the time isn't possible. For me, most of the transfer fees being asked for are very fair. There will always be players who are too much but that's the nature of the game.

errrr..... 'Kaka - AC Milan needed the money'. Need to keep up with the news mate. Valencia were in a worse state than Milan. What difference does it make if Villa does not want to go, if Valencia get a good offer and they accept he will have to listen. Kaka didnt want to move in January but that did not stop Milan accepting Man City's offer and then kaka rejected them. Ronaldo wanted to o but that did not make a difference as United still got a good price. Whether he wanted to leave or not made no difference to the price as that was between United and Madrid.

i do agree with you neji but my point is that they accepted a bid of £80m for him in the end which is the same as Ronaldo's fee but the is a difference in class. Oh well, thats my view and others have different views which i accept so i'll leave it there as its still a fantastic version of the series..........

I had to pay £80million for Villa, also with Man Utd, they didn't even start negotiations untill my bid got to £60 million. Only about £50m came out of my budget though, as I paid £38m up front and £42m over 48months. He's hit 19 goals and 1 assist in 20 games for me though, so can't complain :-)

• SI Staff

I think its right that clubs ask for silly money for their key players. And if you are really patient then chances are you can get your man at a lower price somewhere along the line......

Just started a Man City game for a laugh

Valencia will settle for a deal of 141,000,000 for Villa

110million immediate, 31.5 over 36 months.

I would screen grab if I knew how

There is realistic and there is down right mad

I got a bid of 50m + Anderson + Carrick accepted for Villa. Only problem was Carrick didn't want to leave so it never happened. Initially they wanted over 100m but i changed the bid to a more reasonable figure and then went in with a non-negotiable deal. They accepted and I got to offer a contract. Unfortunately Carrick didn't want to go to Spain.

Yea I got that ridiculously high quote as well, just negotiate it down, I guarantee you he won't cost more than £80m. Still quite high though admittedly, but not THAT high. I think transfer prices in general seem more reasonable than last years game.

Just started a Man City game for a laugh

Valencia will settle for a deal of 141,000,000 for Villa

110million immediate, 31.5 over 36 months.

I would screen grab if I knew how

There is realistic and there is down right mad

Note: Valencia's financial situation is much better now - they no longer have to sell Silva or Villa to stay afloat. They have every right to reject bids for them.

And if you bid silly they'll turn it down in hopes an even sillier bid comes in.

Yea I got that ridiculously high quote as well, just negotiate it down, I guarantee you he won't cost more than £80m. Still quite high though admittedly, but not THAT high. I think transfer prices in general seem more reasonable than last years game.

40 up front

40 36 months is what i paid in the end

Never in a real game

The prices have always been ridiculous and by the looks of it always will be. Villa does want to leave Valencia if a big club wants him, he was reported to have broke down crying when the Barcelona deal fell through in the summer. Valencia are in no state to reject even a 50 mil offer. Man U are not a rival team. Have to agree with the OP, there is no reason for Valencia to reject this move.

The prices have always been ridiculous and by the looks of it always will be. Villa does want to leave Valencia if a big club wants him, he was reported to have broke down crying when the Barcelona deal fell through in the summer. Valencia are in no state to reject even a 50 mil offer. Man U are not a rival team. Have to agree with the OP, there is no reason for Valencia to reject this move.

1) Villa loves the club and will only leave if Valencia desperately need the cash.

2) Valencia have their short-term financial future secure - the debt still exists, though, but they don't need to sell yet.

valencia rejected offers close to 50 million pound in the summer so its not that unrealistic and hes been there top scorer for like the last 4 seasons

Apologies to pick out this regs but I understood that the going price was about £30m IRL. Real Madrid had spent big on three frowards, Barcelona on Zlatan, and then it was sort of left to Man Utd who I think may have bid that amount but I think Villa wanted to play for a club in Spain, so then SAF then got Owen, or he wanted to wait to use the money from the Ronaldo sale. Back to the OP and I agree. Valencia are not a big club period. He is 28 in December, and would like to say how may people of 28 or older can command a fee of over £30m and who in IRL have cost £30m or more that are about to turn 28. (Just thought of Zlatan but that deal was crazy and not the norm) Yes he is a very good player with a proven record in La Liga but not in the Champions League. For me at the start of the game £40m at a push and come the second season certainly less than that!

Bloody hell!

Manchester United were never in for Villa. We made a bid for Benzema but it was short of Real Madrid's bid and Sir Alex didn't feel like getting into a bidding war with them.

Valencia are a big club - arguably the third largest in Spain - and they can hold onto their players.

Villa is easily above £30m - I'd say Valencia will hold out for over £60m if Real Madrid come calling as they have cash.

Villa is not quite proven in the Champions League because of Valencia's hilarious management woes - but if he is in it, he would tear it apart. He is a brilliant striker. Look at his record for Spain.

I think its right that clubs ask for silly money for their key players. And if you are really patient then chances are you can get your man at a lower price somewhere along the line......

I've been arguing this in a different thread all day, at last someone who agrees.

Bloody hell!

Manchester United were never in for Villa. We made a bid for Benzema but it was short of Real Madrid's bid and Sir Alex didn't feel like getting into a bidding war with them.

Valencia are a big club - arguably the third largest in Spain - and they can hold onto their players.

Villa is easily above £30m - I'd say Valencia will hold out for over £60m if Real Madrid come calling as they have cash.

Villa is not quite proven in the Champions League because of Valencia's hilarious management woes - but if he is in it, he would tear it apart. He is a brilliant striker. Look at his record for Spain.

Fair enough Valencia are the third biggest club in Spain and are members of the G-14 and having just read an article on them and it seems they are very well surported and are soon to move into a bigger stadium. But for me they are not a 'big' club in terms of Barcelona, Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Milan, Inter, Juventus, Bayern - for me they are a class above Valencia.

Hold onto their players (forgive spelling) mendiata and C. Lopez spring to mind and they went to Lazio again not a big club but at that time had success in Italy and a minor European Competition. I can't argree that Valencia are a 'big' club only in terms of Spain. :)

God why would you start your fm game trying to buy players like David Villa and managing Man Utd, then coming on here and complaining when you can't just have all the best players. Classic signs of a certain type of Utd fan, can't understand not being and supporting the best in things.

The transfer market in FM09 9.1.0 is not stupid I felt it was best out of all updates for FM09.

By the sounds of it the transfer market in FM10 seems to be on track. Charging Man City more than other clubs would be normal in real life as everyone knows they have silly amounts of cash.

I have not went a major club in FM10 yet but I am curious to know if fees received for key players are as high as you would pay for key players on other major teams. As this was a big problem in V9.3.0. Getting weak bids for players you would get very god bids for in 9.1.0.

Fair enough Valencia are the third biggest club in Spain and are members of the G-14 and having just read an article on them and it seems they are very well surported and are soon to move into a bigger stadium. But for me they are not a 'big' club in terms of Barcelona, Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Milan, Inter, Juventus, Bayern - for me they are a class above Valencia.

Hold onto their players (forgive spelling) mendiata and C. Lopez spring to mind and they went to Lazio again not a big club but at that time had success in Italy and a minor European Competition. I can't argree that Valencia are a 'big' club only in terms of Spain. :)

Those clubs are bigger than Valencia but not much bigger.

And Mendieta and López left Valencia at the turn of the millennium! That was ages ago. If they weren't a big club they wouldn't have been able to hold on to Villa and Silva, who have never looked like wanting to leave unless it was for the pure financial benefits for the club and the board agreed to sell them.

Those clubs are bigger than Valencia but not much bigger.

And Mendieta and López left Valencia at the turn of the millennium! That was ages ago. If they weren't a big club they wouldn't have been able to hold on to Villa and Silva, who have never looked like wanting to leave unless it was for the pure financial benefits for the club and the board agreed to sell them.

Don't mean to disagree for the sake of it. But at around 2000 surely valencia were bigger then than now!!! Two champions league finals and winning the league in 2002. And even in 2004 when they won the league and Uefa cup, for me they were more of a name back then than they are today. Surely saying that becasue they have kept villa and silva does not mean that they are a big club. If Villa was a bit younger than he would have left this summer and do you thnik silva will still be there in the future? Its subjective I guess.... :)

I love the FM10 tranfer market that I've seen so far, at last clubs are valuing their players properly. No more "I started with FC United, gave them £50m, bought 25 mega stars and have won the triple 30 years on the trot" posts. The real point of FM is like real life - fight for every point, fight for every trophy. If you want to win everything and sign everyone it's probably best for you to try fifa or one of these bargain bucket 'management' games

I think the game needs a grey area AI deciding mechanism instead of a pure black and white. The AI needs to understand the sum being paid, in terms of what caliber of a player they can bring in as a replacement. If they are offered 50 million for Villa and they can say get someone in the range of Eto (although unlikely cause he just moved to Inter), Aguero, Forlan, Defoe, or whoever else for say 20-30million range, then they made a profit, no?

I have also yet to see this trail out in FM2010.. The best example I can come up with is when Torres got sold and within a very short time period Atletico had brought in Forlan as the replacement..

I am usually Liverpool and if the huge offer comes for any of my key players I do usually take the cash, but it seems like in my situation Tom Hicks will accept the offer on my behalf if the offer is even remotely good....

Maybe the high valuation of clubs is a polite way of saying 'sorry but he isnt for sale, but if you offer me a stupid, stupid amount then we will listen'

Now where is that different to real life?

Absolutely. Also bear in mind that Villa has publicly stated he has no desire to leave.

As Chelsea I signed:

Chiellini for £25m straight cash (in July).

Cassano for £17.5m (10m up front, the rest over 12months)

Milyevski for £9m straight cash

I tried for Aguero and Villa, but like others they wanted waaaayyy too much money. So I went to other targets who I thought might want to come and whose clubs might be willing to sell.

Man City I got:

Gerrard for £47million (although he rejected the contract)

Chiellini for £21million (closer to the end of August)

Ashley Young for £22million (they REALLY didn't want to sell)

Villa for £65million (although I got cold feet and Adabayor was scoring for fun, so I pulled out of that one).

Aguero for £48million (inc some small add-ons, like goals scored, PLUS a 35% sell on clause - pulled out of that one too)

All of the above, I consider to be fair and reasonable.

Overall, it's not going to be perfect, but it's way, way better than FM09.

Maybe the high valuation of clubs is a polite way of saying 'sorry but he isnt for sale, but if you offer me a stupid, stupid amount then we will listen'

Now where is that different to real life?

I agree, basically the club are saying - "we'd be stupid to sell him so you'll pay stupid money to make up for it."

This is exactly what happens irl

You are going in with a cold bid and just saying right here I am cash rich and I want that player no matter what, When in real life that hardly ever happens. Take the Ronaldo transfer for example Madrid did not just turn up one day and say here is £80 million, They had to wait over 3 years to get there man dropping hints and unsettling him along the way. They did pay a lot but that’s a lot less than if they had just made the bid and Ronaldo had not pushed it through.

People want FM to be like real life but then want the easy, quick way to make the best team it will not and cannot work like that you need to wait for the full game and have patience when trying to sign people that's what the player comments are in the game for!

It is possible to upset players and make them want to join in the first season but that is unlikely to happen with players such as Messi, Villa and the likes as they are happy where they are and will not just drop everything and move because a new manager has made a bid.

The club and player both need to be unsettled and this takes time!!

The computer clubs demand often crazily high fees it seems to me, but they only seem to bid near asking price for your players and as for swap deals...

There is nothing to stop you asking for crazy money for your players too though. If I don't want to sell someone I'll command a massive fee.

If you really want the player just spread the payment over 48 months or something. But yeah the only reason they ask for such highly inflated prices is because they dont want him to leave... and if they do sell him they want enough money to make a decent replacement.. plus some.

Archived