Is this cheating?

Interesting......from a FM gamers perspective I'd say yes its cheating as its not in the spirit of playing the game

I always think like this....wwhen/if I achioeve some success in the game its down to me, my team and tactics selection. If you won say the Euro cup having bought players on the cheap would you feel as good about yourself and the success you may have had

At the end of the day its your game so play how you wish

Of course it's cheating. Personally, I see it as you're exploiting something in the game. A real life manager would not be allowed to get away with it.

And, whats with all the ís it cheating threads lately?

It's up to you how you play the game, you're only cheating yourself after all.

As a rule of thumb though I use the following criteria:

1 - If I have to ask 'is this cheating' then deep down I probably know that it is.

2 - If I wouldn't be able or allowed to do it in real life than I'd know I was cheating myself.

well i dont see it as cheating, i see it as seasing an oppurtunities

If you don't see it as cheating why did you feel the need to ask?

I think deep down you know this wouldn't happen in a million years in real life. But you really can play your own game in whatever way brings you the most enjoyment.

In general terms though it is without a doubt cheating.

And, whats with all the ís it cheating threads lately?

Must the cold weather leaving people with nothing else to do but play fm. Maybe we need a sticky with all the if you think your cheating questions posted with our opinions and people could read that before posting?

Isnt aimed just at OP but the many times we see this question at the moment

well i dont see it as cheating, i see it as seasing an oppurtunities

Why are you asking us then? ;)

I personally would not do it myself as I would consider it cheating myself in the game and would feel like I did not really achieve success but it is up to you. I don't think there is cheating in FM as it is a one player game.

I just believe the o.p. will lose all sense of achievement when he wins something. To know I didn't do something realistically in game just would kill the achievement; for me of course.

Yeah, that what I was trying to get at in my post. :thup:

What players cant you afford or even need with Inter?! Plus if you want the same players dont take the job lol

As others have said, do what you want but the problem here lies in the fact that you are allowed to do that (or maybe you won't be allowed - have you tried it yet?).

I real life the chairman would not allow you to sign players to contracts with a £0 minimum release clause, simple as that.

Well actually, in real life you would have nothing to do with the contract or any clauses contained within it, but that's another matter.

Save you game into another save game, and use it to give it a go to see what happens, and let us know. One of the things I love about FM is that when I get a bit tired by my proper save, I leave it for a while, start a new game and play around with the cheats/loopholes/tools/edited DBs to see what they do. After mucking about for a week or so, I tend to go back to my proper game.

(My favorite digression games is where I used the editor to swap my team with the smallest Prem team, swap the teams reputations, clear out all of my playing staff, and give myself a set budget to try and assemble a team from scratch and not get relegated. My one solid rule is I can't buy players from the ex-Prem club I moved down.)

Archived