Cannot believe it.

One of my best players for Everton has suffered a 16 month injury :S

He's been injured since 19th october 2011 and it's 14th March 2012.. He's expected to be out for around 11 months :(

Will he ever be as good as he was or just lose his skills completely? He's 26 years old.

Wow, a broken leg shouldn't keep a 26 year old footballer that long. Mind you I've had physio's saying a bruised thigh will keep a player out for a month, so he might not actually be out as long as expected.

My physio's are pretty good though.. Rob Swire & Odir de Souza :(

Wow, a broken leg shouldn't keep a 26 year old footballer that long. Mind you I've had physio's saying a bruised thigh will keep a player out for a month, so he might not actually be out as long as expected.

Depends on where you've broke it and how many brakes you suffered.

Keep in mind that breaking a leg affects many other parts of the lower extremity and potentially the whole body (nerves for example). It also has an impact on more than just the bone at the point of fracture, as mentioned, muscles, tendons and ligaments can be affected and the recovery period can be extended in order for the injury to heal fully as the other parts that are affected need to heal as well, so it's not just the bone itself.

Bummer, mate. I'd hope your player can bounce back as that is not an easy thing to come back from.

Oh yeah, the one who broke his leg from Roy Keane? or was this the one where he ran into someone? I remember seeing a picture of his leg when he did it. I felt sick and then it showed a picture of after he had the operation and it had a massive scar down his leg. Yeah he's a coach at Coventry now.

no he broke his leg stretching for the ball in the penalty area, foot got stuck in the ground leg went the other way half way up his shin.

You could find it on Youtube but I would advise against it.

Schemical was right in front of him and I heard he had to have therapy for post-traumatic stress

Oh yeah, the one who broke his leg from Roy Keane? or was this the one where he ran into someone? I remember seeing a picture of his leg when he did it. I felt sick and then it showed a picture of after he had the operation and it had a massive scar down his leg. Yeah he's a coach at Coventry now.

I think that was Alfe-Inge Haaland.

no he broke his leg stretching for the ball in the penalty area, foot got stuck in the ground leg went the other way half way up his shin.

You could find it on Youtube but I would advise against it.

Schemical was right in front of him and I heard he had to have therapy for post-traumatic stress

I've seen it before. I remember it now I just couldn't put a name to his face. You could say he busst his leg :D

I think that was Alfe-Inge Haaland.

Yeah it was.

If you have just started a new game, and are still in August/September, search Thomas Rosicky.

He pulled his hamstring, and is out for 5 months. That's a ridiculous amount of time, for pulling a hamstring?

Perhaps a tear, but pulling it shouldn't have you out for 5 months, surely?

Eduardo was only out 10/11 months before he started playing in reserve matches again. I'd say his injury was one of the worst you could get i.e being on the line of being able to play again/having to retire.

He almost lost his foot.

Medics say they were able to treat the injury due to the speed that the arsenal and birmingham physio plus the attending medical staff managed to get him to the hospital. 30 minutes later and they say they would have had to amputate the foot

unsuprisingly he never played again because it just wrecked all the tendons and muscles.

that's not actually true, he caught MRSA in hospital, and it was that damage that caused him to retire. that's why people were still very doubtful eduardo could return even after his operation, because there's such a high risk of infection.

Sickening. My brother is actually good friends with David Busst's nephew. Awful injury, not as bad as the Eduardo one though. I was at that game and the atmosphere died as soon as we heard that Eduardo's injury was too horrible to be shown on sky.

Long injury that one, maybe the length will shorten towards the end as his come-back time nears.

Alan Smith was never the same player after he broke his leg.

Andy Cole broke both legs in one season although these must have been slight breaks and not nearly as bad as others.

Anderson broke his leg season before United bought him.

Depends how severe the break is I guess.

Sickening. My brother is actually good friends with David Busst's nephew. Awful injury, not as bad as the Eduardo one though. I was at that game and the atmosphere died as soon as we heard that Eduardo's injury was too horrible to be shown on sky.

Long injury that one, maybe the length will shorten towards the end as his come-back time nears.

Busst's was worse than Eduardo's.

Eduardo's injury was totally understandable(shocking challenge), but he is well on his way to recovery, and is already playing again, for reserves.

Busst's seemed to have happened in a split second, with no idiotic stupid challenges, or studs showing. Plus, Busst tore all of his tendons.

Busst's break ended his career.

Eduardo is lucky that he can still play.

Both were shocking, yes. But Eduardo's wasn't worse than Busst's.

Busst's was worse than Eduardo's.

Eduardo's injury was totally understandable(shocking challenge), but he is well on his way to recovery, and is already playing again, for reserves.

Busst's seemed to have happened in a split second, with no idiotic stupid challenges, or studs showing. Plus, Busst tore all of his tendons.

Busst's break ended his career.

Eduardo is lucky that he can still play.

Both were shocking, yes. But Eduardo's wasn't worse than Busst's.

I was meant to out that Busst's was much worse than Eduardo's. You could tell by Schmeichael's reaction that it was horrific and it left me feeling sick after I saw it on youtube, definitely not advisable to watch.

One of my best players for Everton has suffered a 16 month injury :S

He's been injured since 19th october 2011 and it's 14th March 2012.. He's expected to be out for around 11 months :(

Will he ever be as good as he was or just lose his skills completely? He's 26 years old.

My guess is its Tim Cahill, he always injured IRL. Plus he is one of the best.

Anybody here remember David Busst?

I saw him play for Cov in the Masters during the summer, obviously he didn't go into for big tackles but it was good to see him play again.

PERCIVA11 - a goal every 2 games seems to show that he should be almost as good as news. I'd still treat him with kid gloves if I was you and rest him every few games.

Not quite sure what age has to do with it but it comepletly depends on the type of break, think Di Matteo, think David Busst(spelling), broken legs ended their careers in their mid-late twenties.

Archived