The Jonathan Woodgate School of Linguistics?

lol this is like find out how you can link a pizza to a zimmerframe!

eg Pizza is cooked in an oven

an oven is found in a home

a home is where old people are sent :p

old people can have trouble walking

trouble walking is usually remedied by using some kind of equipment to aid the person... eg a zimmerframe or wheelchair or crutches :D

lol this is like find out how you can link a pizza to a zimmerframe!

eg Pizza is cooked in an oven

an oven is found in a home

a home is where old people are sent :p

old people can have trouble walking

trouble walking is usually remedied by using some kind of equipment to aid the person... eg a zimmerframe or wheelchair or crutches :D

lol

Good post.

Players shouldnt be able to pick-up languages just because someone else in the team speaks it (unless 90% of the team are Swedish, for example, Woodgate should not learn their language). I'm sure this doesnt happen, it'd be stupid! :)

http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jjjhd0.jpg

Norwegian? Swedish? I know the guy spent time in Madrid, but aside from that- why does he speak those two? He hasnt left Spurs since the start of the game either.

Answers on a postcard...

Its a bug I think. There are various players who happen to speak bizarre languages for some reason. Ono Shinji apparently speaks Malay and Chinese on my game - which is utter nonsense.

Its a bug I think. There are various players who happen to speak bizarre languages for some reason. Ono Shinji apparently speaks Malay and Chinese on my game - which is utter nonsense.

I have a Portuguese player that speaks croatian..

Players shouldnt be able to pick-up languages just because someone else in the team speaks it (unless 90% of the team are Swedish, for example, Woodgate should not learn their language). I'm sure this doesnt happen, it'd be stupid! :)

Exactely. They play football together, I doubt if they learn him their language in their spare time.

Clutching at straws there mate. He might have married a swedish women though. ummmmm:)

How about you all get out yer bed in the morning and live a little?

Maybe he chose to learn those languages for his own benefit?!

Haven't you heard of Readers' Digest?

Why does the whole of Europe have English in their vocabulary as a second language?

For all you ignorant bastards that go on holiday to their countries?

If he wanted, he has enough cash to be taught Swahili.

Well, from what I know, the little time he spent at Real Madrid (injured) was enough for him to speak Spanish fluently, I do remember that.

So I guess he must be quite good at languages.

Unheard of! Oh wait...

Drop the sarcasm... its more than 1 actually... and its a bug... Ive seen some players with 0 connections to such countries and they are 100% portuguese...

And also a friend of mine says that he created a Portuguese/English manager and Russian (not in basic level) was added to his list of spoken languages for no reason...

So next time...... dont bother me....... college sorta affects my mood...... :| (sounds harsh I know...)

Some of the responses on this thread are ridiculous. Jonathan Woodgate does not speak Scandi. Nobody in England learns Scandi at school and even if they did, nobody who had gone on to be a professional footballer has ever learnt enough of a foreign language at school in England to be able to say that they can speak that language. This is clearly a case of someone inputting the data incorrectly and does not warrant any more than an initial post. In the data forum.

When did Scandi become a word? Do you speak Engl or are you just another little Englander?

I should also add that I know a few people who've learnt languages other than French or German at school, there are options available other then those two.

Could this be linked to the bug that is found in edited databases that was fixed with the new editor patch? "- Fixed bug where regen names were misaligned in an edited database causing regenerated/virtual player names to be from the wrong nations."

Could this be linked to the bug that is found in edited databases that was fixed with the new editor patch? "- Fixed bug where regen names were misaligned in an edited database causing regenerated/virtual player names to be from the wrong nations."

That bug caused players to be given names from the wrong nameset (eg English Ronaldos and Brazilian John Browns) in an edited database, it's unrelated to this :) but at the person who suggested Swahili... he's an idiot for picking Swedish/Norwegian over Swahili quite frankly.

His parents taught him it? He lived there before he was a footballer? He goes on holiday there regularly? He bought one of those subliminal tapes to listen to when hes asleep? His wife speaks that language?

Theres so many reasons why someone could speak several languages.

Perhaps it just means his attempts at English sound more like Swedish? lol!

On a serious note, when I read the OP it dredged something from the back of my mind, like his missus was a Swede. When others mentioned it as well, I thought it seemed the most likely. Dunno really though.

Archived