How many leagues u guys run???

Hi. It is recommended that I run Enlgish,Scottish, Italian and Spanish leagues but im itching to add more. Ths is my computer.

I have no idea what do u guys think

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac5,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B00

SMC Version: 1.8f2

Serial Number: W86353LGVUX

I'm running 41 leagues across England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Holland, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, United States, Brazil and Argentina.

EDIT: I originally said nine countries. I was mistaken.

31 leagues from 12 countrys:

This i put by the default setting: Alemanha, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, England, France, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Uruguay.

I also add, but change the Brazil league ( add 3º D) and italy ( add serie C).

This with a medium databse. Runs fine for me

not only that?

itll be fast at first but in your tenth season it will be slow? due to all the info...

It'll be slower. But I'm not too worried. I doubt I'll get to a tenth season, anyway. I play slowly and I usually start a new game after each patch.

I rarely ever play a Save Game long enough to find myself looking at new challenges. usually I pick a league, pick a team and stick with them until I get them to the top. By the time Ive got the club into a rich and stable elite, I've usually started to get bored by the regens and tend to just start a new game. Perhaps I should fight that urge and carry on with a different club in the same save game. Then it'd be worth me starting a game with multiple leagues to give me more choice when I resign :)

Dual 2 core laptop, 2GB RAM.

I run 26 leagues as follows (sorry can't remember the proper names for all the leagues)...

Playable:

England Prem to L2

France top 2

Spain top 2

Italy top 2

Scotland top 2

(These are the only countries I'd want to manage in, so that's why)

View only (ie, leagues played but you can't enter them):

Australia top league

USA's MLS

Romania top 2 (mainly because on FM08 I got great regens from here)

Belgium top 3 (feeder clubs)

Poland top 1 (feeder clubs)

South Africa 1 league

South Korea 1 league

Portugal 1 league

Holland 1 league

Brazil 1 league

Argentina 1 league

I run these leagues because I read that the more leagues you run across as many continents as possible the more spread out the quality of international football is more varied. Not done any in-depth testing but it seems to work. It also means quality newgens further down the line that can be scouted properly.

Also load up all players from Germany (this again produces a lot of newgens due to the (shh) licencing issues), Mexico, Ukraine, China, Greece and usually some random place like the Maldives (purely for kicks), in the hope of finding quality newgens/bargains when I scout these places.

These were the same as I had on FM08 and my FM09 processing speed is a BIT slower than it was, especially around Champions League nights and internationals, but it's not like I nip off to make a cuppa each time. Which I did with my old PC.

Running leagues as view only makes no difference to the number of players loaded, the regens or results.

If you look at some of the teams in the South African league as an example I expect most of them are made up of grey players ?

I run all leagues in full detail. Runs a tad bit slow but that is cool with me. usually takes about 1-3 minutes to process a heavy game day, 15-45 seconds on a light day. usually takes me about 1 month of playing a few hours a night to get through a season. I know "who would want to play that way?" but I enjoy it. I can't see whipping through 10 seasons in 2 days like is seems some people do around here. I like the whole atmosphere and the way the game world feels alive.

Trevor L.

Hello

just wondering.

In terms of performance/number of players is it more convenient selecting a league as active or loading all players from that country?

There are many leagues from several countries that I would never like to play but I'd still like to use their player base to make the game richer.

• 3 weeks later...

English, Scottish, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Dutch. All divisions. Only on small db currently, though.

System:

Intel Celeron D processor (about 3 Ghz)

1 GB RAM (DDR 400)

GFX card: nVidia GeForce 6200 256Mb DDR AGPx8

No problems with overall game speed for me, so I could probably increase db and/or play more leagues.

21, large DB, all graphic options I can turn off are off,

3 month old laptop,advent 5302, 2 G memory, Core 2 duo T5550 1.83 ghz-

when I'm running a game and go into tactics screen it freezes for about 20 seconds, so I do this as soon as the game starts, I guess this is cos it's trying to do something with the graphics. It's very annoying, but hey, 11 months and they'll be a new version out

english prem to league 1,turkish prem,la liga,seria a,belgium prem,french prem,scottish prem,dutch prem,german prem,portuguies prem,russian prem,all playable.Large database then load players from brazil argentina mexico norway usa sweden:thup::D

My system is a acer veriton quadcore Q6600 2.40gzh 4gb ram

MLS, England (Blue square and above), France (National and above), Germany (top), Italy (C1 and above), Holland (Eerste and above), Portugal (Liga vitalis and above), Russia (top), Spain (LIGA adelante and above).

Large database

AMD athlon x2 6000, 3.1 GHz

3.5 GB RAM (or however much xp can handle, got 4 GB in total)

Nvidia 8600, 512 MB graphics card.

Archived