The Match Engine is awful

the 3D is a nice idea but its a bit rubbish tbh, so i just went back to the tried and trusted 2D, which as been severely messed with - both of them

what happened to having a game speed and a highlights speed?

and becasue of all this it ran terribly slow and just ended the game and killed off my memory

They decided to remove that as a few mentals didnt understand its use (usability study).

A lot of people are hoping they bring it back because it takes SO long watching a match on extended highlights. Was hoping they'd fix this for the patch, but nope :(

The matches are quite good yep, really enjoy watching them now (demo was a mess).

Still tons of bugs though (minor ones at present) and a shocking lack of polish throughout. Really basic stuff - Perhaps SI need to hire an artist or two in-house full-time.

Sliders - yes, seriously. Stupid isnt it :D

Showing promise though... lots of promise, have to put up with a little grinding when it comes to FM I'm afraid.

the 3D jsut looks horrible for a start - you cant play FIFA and then look at that

the 2D Classic is seriously horrible and also very small pithc with massive dots. ****ing *****

Plus i feel its all a bit too cluttered - FM 07 was a lot better

Up until i played a match i thought the game was superb - loved the press conferences

Did you play the demo? It looked almost the same, but now the games play out quite well. Yes, its very, very basic and requires a moderate spec PC for something you'd expect to be able to run many years ago but thats what we have I'm afraid. The key thing is whether or not most can see it (I believe they can) and whether it plays a good game of footie, I believe it now does (with the patch).

2D (either mode) isnt as good as FM07 IMO no (looks wise).

FIFA is something else though, they spend most of their time on the 'flash' and SI will never compete with that.

The match engine is great, the 3D is great. Ok the detail is not as good as FIFA, but your pretty naieve and stupid to think SI are going to implent next gen console graphics on PC, the platform varies so much in the users specifications. Even EA dont bother with next gen graphics on their PC version of fifa, infact, there terrible.

SI clearly explain that the 3d was taken from a version of virtual soccer.

I do have to agree with the lack of match speed adjustment, There are several things that these usability tests have apparently improved and I don't like, sometimes I wonder who does them, the game is only complicated in its detail, not in its layout.

give it a chance ffs it';s the first time the 3d match engine has been used - i personally love it but i can also improve but it will

how crap is it to watch dots kick a ball and have no idea what happened?

after having loads of problems activating i now hold my hands up and say great game. i'm absolutely hooked

of course i dont expect fifa graphics - i havent actually said that and you lot are beign fools for thinking i was foolish enough to expect fifa graphics - im just making a point that i think the 3D looks really bad

Someone said somethign about im only complaining about cosmetics - no im not. The match forced my game to close and the game speed thing has seriosuly messed up the game

This match engine is the most realistic one yet

Do you not watch much football?

you mean its reaqlistic for goalkeepers to get 10 assists by christmas??

and its realistic for them to stand and watch the ball roll into the 6 yard box, hand on hips, while a striker jogs from the halfway line to tap it in?

do you not watch much football?

the 3D is a nice idea but its a bit rubbish tbh, so i just went back to the tried and trusted 2D, which as been severely messed with - both of them

what happened to having a game speed and a highlights speed?

and becasue of all this it ran terribly slow and just ended the game and killed off my memory

Sorry cant agree Im loving it. After all the negative stuff I have had to say over last 24 hours am delighted to say that. Its time to get the ball out!

and its realistic for them to stand and watch the ball roll into the 6 yard box, hand on hips, while a striker jogs from the halfway line to tap it in?

All you ever do is moan, I don't even know why you come on here

Buy the full game and patch it and enjoy yourself, maybe even crack a smile once in a while

have you got the patch? these things haven't happened to me and i'm half way through a season in the blue square north!!!

I think its because a lot of people had previously compared the game to FIFA.

The graphics arent impressive no, but they are a step up from 2D and the game is fun to watch. No doubt there are still plenty of things to iron out (we all see the common ones no doubt) and it is taking longer to setup and play out games which is a shame.

have you got the patch? these things haven't happened to me and i'm half way through a season in the blue square north!!!

Yes, of course I have the patch. I'm also in the blue square north, with Blythe.

You should sign Mark Bell, he makes David Beckham's long range passing look absolutely rubbish.

This was supposed to be fixed in the patch but wasn't. I uploaded pkms but no one is interested, surprise surprise.

All you ever do is moan, I don't even know why you come on here

Buy the full game and patch it and enjoy yourself, maybe even crack a smile once in a while

All I ever do is moan? Who are you?

I have the full game, ffs, i've also patched it!

Sorry that i've pointed out a flaw in your beloved game!

Don't accuse me of only moaning, I post my opinions on here to help SI, its annoying when they either a) don't listen or b) tell you something will be fixed, and then don't fix it.

The 3D is awful- Ive gone back to 2D, after seeing Gomes run past the ball and gift a goal, yet he didnt get criticised for it or get a low rating.

I like the way is looks but I thought it was meant to show us more than the 2D- well things like this show how poor the match engine still is as presumably it wasnt as much of a howler as it looked- and lo and behold in 2D the player just beat him to the ball.

Rubbish if the 3D is so detached from what is really happening.

Also why SI didnt think to allow us to watch in 2D but have replays in 3D is a beyond me.

of course i dont expect fifa graphics - i havent actually said that and you lot are beign fools for thinking i was foolish enough to expect fifa graphics - im just making a point that i think the 3D looks really bad

Someone said somethign about im only complaining about cosmetics - no im not. The match forced my game to close and the game speed thing has seriosuly messed up the game

We're fools because we're trying to counter your non-argument? :confused:

The match forcing your game to close is not a match engine problem. It is most likely either a bug with the software itself, a compatability issue, or a problem with your PC.

Again, the speed thing is not a match engine issue. It's an interface issue, and to be honest I can't see why anyone misses it. Very little happens between highlights that is of any interest or importance really. :confused:

I'm all for suggestions and criticism, if it's constructive and reasoned. This is just a misleading rant, to be frank.

Don't accuse me of only moaning, I post my opinions on here to help SI, its annoying when they either a) don't listen or b) tell you something will be fixed, and then don't fix it.

Constructive criticism, ie. offering an alternative, or an actual problem (with evidence) is helping SI.

Insulting people who counter-argue you, or just ask you to back-up your claims; and maintaining such a stubborn attitude is not.

We're fools because we're trying to counter your non-argument? :confused:

The match forcing your game to close is not a match engine problem. It is most likely either a bug with the software itself, a compatability issue, or a problem with your PC.

Again, the speed thing is not a match engine issue. It's an interface issue, and to be honest I can't see why anyone misses it. Very little happens between highlights that is of any interest or importance really. :confused:

I'm all for suggestions and criticism, if it's constructive and reasoned. This is just a misleading rant, to be frank.

:) I completely agree. Debate is healthy, ranting is a waste of time.

Exactly, but it still takes time to play out. I would like those bits to go faster, to get to the next highlight.

With the same settings (Extended Highlights) matches now take far, far longer to watch and I cannot imagine how long it'll take me to play a season like this. At the moment its not a huge problem because I like watching the matches/setting up my team. However, in ten hours of play I've been through TWO, yes 2, matches :)

What type of highlights (if any) are other people watching on? Key?

Constructive criticism, ie. offering an alternative, or an actual problem (with evidence) is helping SI.

Insulting people who counter-argue you, or just ask you to back-up your claims; and maintaining such a stubborn attitude is not.

Can you try and read please. I told you that I already uploaded examples of the issues i'm talking about. Therefore I do offer constructive criticism.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61375

See here.

any other rubbish you want to accuse me of?

You are rarely constructive when you complain. You also come across as bitter most of the time, as well as being quite sly in the way you attack SI or FM

My "beloved game" has minor problems, but I'm not on a crusade to complain at every given opportunity like yourself. Chill out and enjoy what you have for crying out loud

Can you try and read please. I told you that I already uploaded examples of the issues i'm talking about. Therefore I do offer constructive criticism.

I have read it, otherwise I wouldn't know what to reply to ;) Can YOU try to not be so narrow-minded, perhaps?

I'm sure SI have fixed as many of the bugs that have been noted since the demo release, in time for the patch, as they can. Ranting at them about matters which aren't bugs won't achieve anything.

If you've posted a constructive, organised and mannered post, that SI staff would want to read (dropping the 'they owe me' act that is much too common on here), then I can understand why you could be a little annoyed that the issue you've reported has, in your mind, not been fixed. It is almost certainly either the case that the SI consensus was that no fix was needed, or that they deemed the issue minor, and instead focused on more serious issues in time for release day. Be patient and have faith :)

You are rarely constructive when you complain. You also come across as bitter most of the time, as well as being quite sly in the way you attack SI or FM

My "beloved game" has minor problems, but I'm not on a crusade to complain at every given opportunity like yourself. Chill out and enjoy what you have for crying out loud

Its hard to enjoy the game when something as obvious as goalkeepers getting tons of assists is present, it spoils it.

I don't know what you read, but I do not complain about everything and anything - i had a moan about the DRM (I, among others, saw as soon as the activation system was announced that it was going to die, badly, and look what happened) and some of the match engine bugs as well as the testing policy at SI, which, clearly, can't be up to scratch.

They're all worth complaining about. I'm not sly in the way I attack SI or FM, if I don't like something i say it plain and clear. I always back up what I say with an opinion rather than just saying something is crap, or rather than saying something like "its the most realistic engine ever" without offering reasons why.

I have read it, otherwise I wouldn't know what to reply to ;) Can YOU try to not be so narrow-minded, perhaps?

I'm sure SI have fixed as many of the bugs that have been noted since the demo release, in time for the patch, as they can. Ranting at them about matters which aren't bugs won't achieve anything.

If you've posted a constructive, organised and mannered post, that SI staff would want to read (dropping the 'they owe me' act that is much too common on here), then I can understand why you could be a little annoyed that the issue you've reported has, in your mind, not been fixed. It is almost certainly either the case that the SI consensus was that no fix was needed, or that they deemed the issue minor, and instead focused on more serious issues in time for release day. Be patient and have faith :)

Ehm, SI don't owe me anything, I have the game and I can play it.

Skorps replied to me directly when the demo was released that the Goalkeeper-striker-goal bug, as well as the random freezing bug, would be fixed in the patch. They weren't, hence, I'm annoyed at being mislead.

Again, if you don't think that a goalkeeper getting 10 assists by christmas is a bug, then, your version of football is different to mine.

If they just sort the goalkeepers out, then yes, I believe this will be the best match engine they've produced. Personally, I would have been happy with the FML engine, as this has none of these issues.

Ehm, SI don't owe me anything, I have the game and I can play it.

Skorps replied to me directly when the demo was released that the Goalkeeper-striker-goal bug, as well as the random freezing bug, would be fixed in the patch. They weren't, hence, I'm annoyed at being mislead.

Again, if you don't think that a goalkeeper getting 10 assists by christmas is a bug, then, your version of football is different to mine.

If they just sort the goalkeepers out, then yes, I believe this will be the best match engine they've produced. Personally, I would have been happy with the FML engine, as this has none of these issues.

The FM09 engine is a slightly tweaked version of the FML version so although I have only played a handful of games on the demo, I cant imagine it is hugely different to the current FML version other than the 3D aspect

The FM09 engine is a slightly tweaked version of the FML version so although I have only played a handful of games on the demo, I cant imagine it is hugely different to the current FML version

I like the FML engine much more to be honest, it seems much more well rounded.

there is speed sliders on the game, u can speed up the match and highlights. As for the 3d match i love it. i use elevated camera angle and think it looks pretty good tbh. u notice small thing that make a big difference the ball floats in the air if its breezy the stadium shadow isnt present if its cloudy or a night match and the crowd noise is low if the attendance is low. i know he graphics arnt up to fifa standard but fifa gameplay isnt up to fm standard, once u play for a while u start to realise that the engine is actually very realistic.

• SI Staff

The 3D match engine is identical to the 2D match engine, if you think your player looks like he is doing something silly in 2D he'll be doing the same silly think jus you can't see it aswell in 2D.

The 3D is supposed to be a tool that means you can now tell what is happening and it does that, it's not perfect graphicaly but it's certainly not as bad as some people in here are trying to make out.

Archived