Steam price

Is it SEGA, SI or Steam who price the game on Steam? And why is it so expensive?

I was very surprised when I saw it priced at 50 euros, which is more than double almost anywhere else. Pretty scandelous tbh.

Do I really need to explain why the fact that it's more than double the price of anywhere else is scandelous? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Also, I never said I was buying it, did I? I simply asked who prices it on Steam, and why is it so expensive compared to every where else? Sales are irrelavant here and have nothing to do with the question I'm asking.

Clientele who frequent that shopping location. It is entirely possible to find identical products at wildly different prices within a mile of each other where I am, simply due to the "class" of shop they are being sold in.

Why this kind of thing has successfully carried over to the digital marketplace is beyond me, but I don't see it lasting very long.

Is it SEGA, SI or Steam who price the game on Steam? And why is it so expensive?

I was very surprised when I saw it priced at 50 euros, which is more than double almost anywhere else. Pretty scandelous tbh.

Retailers in charging different prices shocker!

Seriously, each retailer sets their own prices.

A quick search on google lists 32 online shops selling FM12 anywhere from £7.81 to £29.99.

Steam are notoriously bad at pricing. I saw them with a 50% sale on a game once, was tempted, but not amazingly so, I went to see what the price was on amazon, and it turned out it was cheaper on there despite them having no discount on theirs.

Why are you worrying about how much it costs when your not interested in buying it?

Just another excuse to have a steam dig i take it?

Worried? I'm not worried, I'm curious as to who does the pricing and why it would be so expensive. That okay with you?

If you'd read the post properly, you would have seen that I was asking a question, and not having a dig at anybody. If I'd decided to have a go about Steam, or Sega, that would have been me making an assumption without any facts, and I try not to do that because it can make you look a bit silly if you're wrong, which you are, because I'm a big fan of Steam and use it all the time.

Thats having a dig, but fair enough, you have your answer so the thread has served its purpose.

You asked me if I was having a dig at Steam. I wasn't having a dig at anybody. Let it go.

If Steam want to charge over the odds then that is surely their problem as people go elsewhere for a cheaper product. It does seem a slightly strange way of pricing though and you'd think that they would be closer to Amazon etc. Or maybe they catch enough stupid people who don't shop around but that's the customers fault.

As I understand Steam is "over pricing" because they don't want to/must not be a competitor to retailers. Quite often it's cheaper to buy the disc version of any game than buying a downloaded version. And as said I believe it's got to do with not competing with retailers/shops.

I also have a question regarding Steam, if I want to install FM on a different computer in a different house, is it possible downloading the game via Steam? Because I lost the original DVD of the game that I bought.

Thanks

Yes.

Download & install Steam onto the other PC then login to your Steam account (You may need to go through security) then select FM from your library and it will give you the option to download & install it.

I have a steam question as well. I recently went away for a few days where there was no wifi or internet. I tried to play FM but steam wouldnt start. I tried to play in offline mode but i couldnt do that either. Can i only play FM if i'm online?

It's one of Steam's less endearing traits, always advisable to set up offline while you still have net access in case it borks like this.

Archived