Jumpin Ship

I'm the same as FrazT. Always say to myself I want the big career game but always start and then go back to my own club save. I'm currently managing my club Stoke, and after a successful 8-9 years or so I've got a lot of teams after me. I've had offers from England and abroad but never left. Maybe one day.....

I never manage my favourite club. I choose a club in one of the big leagues and build it up to world domination, and by that time a new FM is released. I would never leave the starting club because the AI destroys everything I have built up in a matter of months, and I couldn't bear to watch that...

When I've achieved everything I could with my favourite club (usually winning CL in 6-7 seasons) and I get bored with it I accept an offer from a Top Club, but I usually keep the previous save in case I change my mind and I want to go back

I think I may be the only one to have rejected my favourite club (Toronto FC) twice in the same save before...but tbf back then MLS was bugged as hell. And still has some bugs these days.

I rejected Bristol City three times in one save because they were going really well and I didn't want to spoil it for them...

In FM 2012, if you were managing your real life favourite club and they were dominating the league & Europe would you ever jump ship to another super club like Barcelona or Real Madrid for example ?

Yes I have done this, but usually only when I think I've taken the team as far as I can. Best example was probably FM10, playing as Greenock Morton (Scottish Div 1) and I won the treble after about 8 seasons or so in. About ten games into season 9 I was offered AC Milan job, they were in relegation zone and had TONS of cash. Was a good challenge after that but I was always a little regretful that I didn't stay on and see if I could crack Europe. Saving that for FM13...

When I've achieved everything I could with my favourite club (usually winning CL in 6-7 seasons) and I get bored with it I accept an offer from a Top Club, but I usually keep the previous save in case I change my mind and I want to go back

This is pretty much what I do if I decide on a career game. If not then I pick a club and stay with them for many seasons.

I do try a save with my fave team (Leeds) on every FM but always end up doing an AC Milan save. I find managing in Italy more interesting and less annoying for some reason.

Although I started a new Leeds save at the weekend and have got them into the prem. Hopefully I can mke this save last.

I always start off with my club man utd. Im in 2016 at the moment and I could join any other club but I dont want to lose all my regens and coaching staff that I have bought (all at least 4.5 star training).

Every year i also make a save with my local club Brentford but I always stop playing it after awhile as i dont find lower league management as fun and they are poor, im in the championship at the moment but the debt is crazy.

I also never have as much fun managing a team outside of England.

Never start with my fave team (NFFC) & never seem to get offered the job, strangely.

I start in 4th. Div. & accept any jobs when offered, unless the offer comes from a team that is "insecure". I normally end the game when I'm with a top club & the only board requirement I get is "win the league". I lose interest then & start again!

I never play as my favourite club on FM because the career potential is too small. Once you win the league the game is basically over because you can never achieve anything in Europe. I never leave any club I manage even though I plan to. Once I've built my squad I find it hard to leave them and start all over again with someone else where their team is probably a mess. I tend to just start a new save when I get bored of a particular team.

I start games with the intention of carving out a successful career starting at a random team and working my around Europe. I always get too attached to my teams though. I started my recent game with Tromso in Norway and even named the save file "Journeyman Game" but after turning them into a regular Champions League knock-out phase team I can't bear to leave them and watch the AI undo all my hard work.

Archived