To those people with more than one save game on the go at once...

... how do you do it?

Seriously, more than once, while reading the forum over the last few days, I have come across someone who is playing two 'save games' at the same time (obviously not at exactly the same time because that would be crazy. You get the idea though, right?)

How do you guys do it?

Do you feel as though having two 'current' games spoils your enjoyment and the effort you can devote to each game?

How often do you play each one?

I'm really curious...

C. (who struggles to play one save game at a time!)

... how do you do it?

Seriously, more than once, while reading the forum over the last few days, I have come across someone who is playing two 'save games' at the same time (obviously not at exactly the same time because that would be crazy. You get the idea though, right?)

How do you guys do it?

Do you feel as though having two 'current' games spoils your enjoyment and the effort you can devote to each game?

How often do you play each one?

I'm really curious...

C. (who struggles to play one save game at a time!)

I have 4 saves right now. One with my local team, one with Juventus and the 8.0. grey player exploit, one regular 8.0.2 Juventus, and a recently started no-players database (unemployed).

I usually start with my local team, and when I get tired of it (usually just before a big match icon_smile.gif ) I load one of the others, depending on what I feel like doing.

Oh, and I have my FM07 game I occasionally run as well. (sometimes at the same time, but it's a bit of a strain on the PC icon_smile.gif )

when i have a really good save but get bored of it i dont delete the file but i stop playing it and start a new one just incase i want to return to it. i usually just end up deleting it a few months later. but i only ever have one game on the go at once.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

when i have a really good save but get bored of it i dont delete the file but i stop playing it and start a new one just incase i want to return to it. i usually just end up deleting it a few months later. but i only ever have one game on the go at once. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes gcormack - you sound like a fairly normal player. I am the same. I just can't understand how people can have more than one 'current' game on the go at once.

I'm a slow player and I get really involved in the game. It would be far too much for me to have more than one save!

C.

I've loads of games on the go at the moment:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>My FMS save - writing a FM Story <LI>Created a fictional local team <LI> A "career", which basically entails managing at Sparta Prague before moving onto the Premiership <LI>dafuge's challenge <LI> "Fun with Welling", where I fill Welling with superstars just to have fun and win game 20-0 <LI>"LLM" - a Blyth spartans save, basically dafuge's challenge without the restrictions <LI> Manging Mauritius, with the intention of only managing internationally <LI> Managing San Marino <LI> With my dafuge's challenge team, but unticking "Use Real Players", and just doing the challenge liberally

I just play one that I feel like playing, which tends to mean some get played more than others. Add in all the 3-game incremental rolling-saves, and that's one hell of a lot of saves!

I only have one save at the moment, and that's my career save, though I am willing to give Gundo's challenge another go, this time I will be heading to Denmark, finish work in 40 minutes then I will be home, playing on FM08!

Plus with the fact that I work during the week I will have all weekend to play FM.

I have 2 save games running currently, (Gundo's Challenge and Dafuge's Challenge) - and I'm also involved in a save game in the challenges forum (My Season next season \o/ ) - and then I have 1 game thats about 6 months in, and I'm unemployed looking for a club. (Will continue with that once I've completed both challenges.)

Its easy really, I don't swap games every day, I'll spend 20 or 30 seasons on 1, then defer, and do the same again.

My savegame starts are a bit like a flat stage of the Tour de France (here I lose everyone who doesn't watch the Tour (i.e. probably almost everyone!) in my analogy, but what the hell...) - it takes me quite a few attempts, creating a game with a league and club I think I'll like, but often I don't get passed the boredom of pre-season. Thus, like breakways in a Tour de France stage it takes quite a few attempts before suddenly one gets away and I crash through pre-season and get up and running and into the game.

There are so many teams, leagues, players I like though that I could never manage just one club - often I have 2 or 3 managers in the same save game, often I have different save games in different leagues or different levels (i.e. one with clubs playing in Champs league and challenging for titles, another with some scratty little club down in the depths of nowhere). Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for one game, but I am for another - e.g. if I get on a losing streak I often like to take a break and return a few days later with renewed enthusiasm to turn things around.

I can never play more than one game. I have tried numerous times before, both in FM and EHM, and I couldn't do it. One always ends up being more fun than the other, so, subconsciously I stick to that one. Then weeks later I wonder why I have the other one if I'm not playing it, and I delete it.

Plus, I only play career games... so I always feel like I'm cheating if I play anything other than my career game.

Well until recently I struggled to get two cgames going at the same time, but right now I have two, the NZ Challenge as Wellington Phoenix and JoseRR's small club challenge with Domegliara in Italy. great fun, and so much variety between the two saves.

I have about 3 going at a time, one as a top European team, one as a English team in the lower leagues. The last one is usually an international team or a challenge, eg Dafuges Challenge. Keeps you more interested and addicted as if you get bored of one you carry on with another.

Ive got loads!

- Arsenal

- Arsenal - patch

- Arsenal - patch - new

- Q.P.R

- Watford

- Watford - patch

'Arsenal' was the first game out of them, but i reloaded loads, so I started 'Watford' . Im 3 seasons in, and in mid table Prem. Then I got bored of that too, and started 'Arsenal - patch'. Im currently in my 14th season, and this is the only game that I can EVER play for a long time.

Q.P.R, Watford - patch, and Arsenal - patch - new are all pretty much new games, that i thought I would enjoy.

But I agree with the OP, I have many games, but I only really use one.

I have four saved games. My system is to play a club entirely through a season, then take another club through a season, etc. etc. Each season takes 2-3 weeks to complete. This means it could be 2.5 months before I return to a particular club.

When I return to a club, I refresh myself by reading up on each player. A big help is where I left the club: ready for the first preseason friendly, with a two-deep lineup -- based on player performances from the just-completed season -- set for kickoff. Most of my contract negotiations and transfers have also been completed.

I've got three saved games on the go, napoli (battling for serie a title), bayern munich (raping and pillaging) and southampton (second year in prem after promotion and struggling)

all of them offer something different and it really depends on my mood as to which game i end up playing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RunningCloud:

I have four saved games. My system is to play a club entirely through a season, then take another club through a season, etc. etc. Each season takes 2-3 weeks to complete. This means it could be 2.5 months before I return to a particular club.

When I return to a club, I refresh myself by reading up on each player. A big help is where I left the club: ready for the first preseason friendly, with a two-deep lineup -- based on player performances from the just-completed season -- set for kickoff. Most of my contract negotiations and transfers have also been completed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is a very specific system you have there RunningCloud !

C.

11 saves going myself, I usually play one game for a few weeks then switch over to one of the others, whichever I fancy playing at the time & go at that for a few weeks(of real life time obviously!) I always start a Man Utd, Dundalk & Peterborough, different challenges in each to keep it interesting. I always stick with the club in all three but branch out & save under a different name if I get offered an interesting job offer so I can keep going with one of the three & keep my manager history in each game I play.

i always play two.

tottenham, my team, who are always fun to play and a lower league team, this year dorchester.

Then when i go on my laptop it depends on what mood I'm in to see which game i play. Normally spurs take preference because Lower league management is hard work.

I've got 2 saves going just now. Liverpool that I'm not doing too good at and a game in the SPL without the old firm and its a lot more competitive I think.

I usually have one single player on the go, and numerous hot seat games on the go with different friends. It's really annoying as I'm Citeh in a 2 player but I want it to be my one player. And If I continued a different save with the same team, the hot seat game wouldn't be as fun! DILEMMA!

I used to have more than one save game on the go but haven't done it for the last couple of versions. I find it gets too confusing plus as someone said earlier you invariably start to favour one game over another.

I also used to manage more than one team in the same game. For some strange reason I once picked 9 countries to manage in and picked a team that had only one the league title once in their history in real life. Ipswich was the English team, I think it was Betis in Spain, Frankfurt in Germany, possibly Sampdoria in Italy. The problem was that some of the teams were of similar sizes and were often competing to sign the same players. Far from winning the league with any of the teams, I actually managed to get some of them relegated!! Although that has more to do with how bad I am at FM!!

Only recently have I had multiple games. I have two FM 2007 saves (both in the same universe - saved at different points in the game while I took different jobs) and a FM 2008 one. I'm really only interested in one of the them - I can't get into the others.

Most of you guys don't have two 'current' games though!

I want to hear from the mental people like RunningCloud (no offence intended!) who are literally switching between games every couple of weeks (or perhaps even days)!

To play a different game each night - now that's what I call insanity! icon_biggrin.gif

C.

how is switching between saves each night insanity mate? that is exactly what my brother does between my usual 'career' game where i try and get as many lower league clubs into the prem and his 'barcelona beat them all' game where he tries to win everything with barcelona. this is in fm07 though

Archived