Two games in two days!

I've played the Icelandic league and qualified for the latter stages of Euro competitions, had to play something like 5 games in 6 days before at the end of the domestic season. Guess SI haven't made allowances for an Icelandic team making the Semis of the Europa League.

My third season with Southampton I got them promoted to the Prem and having a small squad I lost three key players to the under 23 England squad, so opening match away I lose 2-0 and still no sign of the players returning, give two games in two days with my full squad any day over key players missing from the start of the Prem season.

I've had two matches on the same day at the same time on 2 corners of the globe. :)

As Tamworth and Cook Islands manager, I had two matches on the 28th December 2013, I beat Blyth 4-0 with Tamworth, only to lose 4-0 to Tahiti in my OCE Nations Qualifier :p. I don't know how I attended both matches! I have a screenie if you want.

Is it my imagination, or was there a version of Football Manager where you could request a match be moved due to fixture congestion?

I can't remember but it would be a nice option to have, the other team would need to agree through which would add a reason to keep good relationships with other managers.

Also slightly related I've had big games scheduled when I've had almost my entire squad on international duty. The last time this happened to me I think it may even have been an FA Cup semi, was definitely a huge match. It was farcical both teams having to scrape the barrel with u18s.

In actual fact you will see that it is much worse than this - you have 3 games in 4 days!! (look at the the date of the Newcastle game)

It must be a re-arranged game as more or less the first week in January is always an FA Cup or League cup game.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a know issue that hopefully they have sorted out in FM12, one season where I was particulary succesful and had lots of moved games because of this success, I ended up with 8 games in 12 days, even the back up back up players were knackered :D

Archived