Tip #563 - How to make free money for your lower league teams

A great way of making money for your lower league team is to reject that your reserve team plays in the reserve league and create an "away" friendly every week with a exotic unknown foreign team (eg a team in Maldives or Laos etc).

It may take about 30 minutes to set all the friendlies up but this will net you around 18k per game for each appearance, so over the season you can make over 500k just by playing friendlies throughout the year. It's also a good way of keeping your reserve team fit.

I've noticed Australian and Japanese teams will pay you up to 30k to appear at their ground so make sure you look for these.

Cheating? Nope. Bending Reality? Maybe. Lots of Air Miles points? Deffo!

Enjoy :D

A great way of making money for your lower league team is to reject that your reserve team plays in the reserve league and create an "away" friendly every week with a exotic unknown foreign team (eg a team in Maldives or Laos etc).

This will net you around 18k per game for your appearance so over the season you can make over 500k just by playing friendlies throughout the year.

I've noticed Australian and Japanese teams will pay you up to 30k to appear at their ground so make sure you look for these.

Cheating? Nope. Bending Reality? Maybe. Lots of Air Miles points? Deffo!

Enjoy :D

Actually, the correct way of doing it is to let your reserves play and use your under 18s as your money making team. The reason for this is that 99% of your youth team are crap and will play no part in your season so you can tire them out without effecting your first team.

You then need to find a nation where every team will pay you a decent amount and organise a friendly a day, cycling through the first 4 teams in the list from that nation. This results in you playing each of the 4 teams once every 5 days, which they will accept, so you can get your youth side playing 7 days a week, raking in somewhere from £18k per match.

I should also point out that I don't use this tactic, in my opinion it is cheating and unless I'm doing a game where I'm just ****ing about I will never do this.

Actually, the correct way of doing it is to let your reserves play and use your under 18s as your money making team. The reason for this is that 99% of your youth team are crap and will play no part in your season so you can tire them out without effecting your first team. /QUOTE]

I believe this can stop development in your Under-18's though as they will get injured far more due to them being completely knackered and their stats get affected.

As for the cheating, i can see where you're coming from but i just imagine that my Reserve team are on Ambassadorial duties and are teaching the joys of football to all the 3rd world countries teams that i play against. :lol:

Actually, the correct way of doing it is to let your reserves play and use your under 18s as your money making team. The reason for this is that 99% of your youth team are crap and will play no part in your season so you can tire them out without effecting your first team. /QUOTE]

I believe this can stop development in your Under-18's though as they will get injured far more due to them being completely knackered and their stats get affected.

As for the cheating, i can see where you're coming from but i just imagine that my Reserve team are on Ambassadorial duties and are teaching the joys of football to all the 3rd world countries teams that i play against. :lol:

Yes it will hinder the development of your Under 18s, hence why I said that you should use them.

How many of your youth side are good enough for your first team? How many are even good enough for your reserve team? Out of your current youth side I would bet that only 2 or 3 have the potential to ever play for your first team, so what you do is you move the few good ones into the reserves and let them play there, while leaving the crap in the Under 18s as your money making players.

In my opinion it is cheating, and you may as well just download FMRTE and add 500k to your bank balance.

If it was ambassador duties surely they would do it for free, or expense of the club :p

In my opinion it is cheating, and you may as well just download FMRTE and add 500k to your bank balance.

If it was ambassador duties surely they would do it for free, or expense of the club :p

How is it cheating? Everything is cheating now a days. Is it now considered cheating if I load my save file?

It's not cheating per se, but it is using the game engine in a way that is blatantly unrealistic. I'd argue that it's not in the spirit of the game, since FM is designed to be a realistic simulation.

You could equally start a parrallel manager at Real Madrid and have them buy your worst reserve team player for 100M. You aren't doing anything the game doesn't normally let you, but you are abusing the power you have as player.

But hey, do whatever you want - it's your copy!

Is it now considered cheating if I load my save file?

Sorry, I don't follow. Do you mean loading after quitting without saving?

It's not cheating per se, but it is using the game engine in a way that is blatantly unrealistic. I'd argue that it's not in the spirit of the game, since FM is designed to be a realistic simulation.

You could equally start a parrallel manager at Real Madrid and have them buy your worst reserve team player for 100M. You aren't doing anything the game doesn't normally let you, but you are abusing the power you have as player.

But hey, do whatever you want - it's your copy!

I coach Juventus, Italian leagues don't have a reserve league. So I arrange friendlies with other teams from across the world.

Sorry, I don't follow. Do you mean loading after quitting without saving?

Just loading the game. It seems everything is considered cheating.

Interesting point of view from a poster who names himself after a team that was demoted for cheating on a massive scale. Some people just don't get it.

First of all it should be herself. Second of all, what does the cheating scandal have anything to with what's being talked about? For your information, you do know Juventus wasn't the only team in the scandal?

First of all it should be herself. Second of all, what does the cheating scandal have anything to with what's being talked about? For your information, you do know Juventus wasn't the only team in the scandal?

Well look at it this way, if you're willing to identify with a team that has cheated (on an endemic level too) in the recent past, any hyperbolic statements you make about what is and is not cheating will be taken in the light it should be, i.e. with no credence at all.

I coach Juventus, Italian leagues don't have a reserve league. So I arrange friendlies with other teams from across the world.

A continental/worldwide side like Juventus sending their reserves around the world to play a few friendlies is significantly different to a part time English club sending their reserves 10,000+ miles then being paid enough to make a profit.

I would definitely consider doing it with a lower league side as cheating whereas with Juventus I would say unrealistic.

Aside from that though there is no real need to organise friendlies in Italy. Have a smaller squad, loan players out and even if players aren't match fit they will be after a couple of games.

Well look at it this way, if you're willing to identify with a team that has cheated (on an endemic level too) in the recent past, any hyperbolic statements you make about what is and is not cheating will be taken in the light it should be, i.e. with no credence at all.

Really? Because I support a team, since my early childhood, that was caught with numerous other teams in Serie A, so that means I can't express my opinion on what I consider or not consider cheating? It's ridiculous.

A continental/worldwide side like Juventus sending their reserves around the world to play a few friendlies is significantly different to a part time English club sending their reserves 10,000+ miles then being paid enough to make a profit.

I would definitely consider doing it with a lower league side as cheating whereas with Juventus I would say unrealistic.

Aside from that though there is no real need to organise friendlies in Italy. Have a smaller squad, loan players out and even if players aren't match fit they will be after a couple of games.

Italy doesn't have a reserve league. The only players I send out are young players in order to get match experience. I arrange the friendlies to keep my players 1. shape, 2. they at least get some playing time. I really don't care about the money because we make a fair good amount of it.

Italy doesn't have a reserve league. The only players I send out are young players in order to get match experience. I arrange the friendlies to keep my players 1. shape, 2. they at least get some playing time. I really don't care about the money because we make a fair good amount of it.

Yes, you don't care about the money because the amount earned is tiny compared to rest of the income that Juventus earn in a season. For a lower league club though the money could represent over 50% of their annual income which is why I would consider it a cheat.

I know Italy doesn't have a reserve league, I've played enough seasons in it over the last few versions of FM and I've never had a need to arrange a friendly. I rotate my squad to keep my players fit and loan out/sell anyone I don't need that season while anyone coming back from injury is match fit within a couple of matches.

along that lines, when i did this, i found it unrealistic that EVERY club in a nation pay the same; whether they are the highest rep club in mexico; or the lowest amatuer club in mexico.

Yes, you don't care about the money because the amount earned is tiny compared to rest of the income that Juventus earn in a season. For a lower league club though the money could represent over 50% of their annual income which is why I would consider it a cheat.

I know Italy doesn't have a reserve league, I've played enough seasons in it over the last few versions of FM and I've never had a need to arrange a friendly. I rotate my squad to keep my players fit and loan out/sell anyone I don't need that season while anyone coming back from injury is match fit within a couple of matches.

I don't do it for the money, I just do it so that my reserve team can get some playing time, or send players to get fit. During my first season I didn't arrange friendless, Amauri came back from an injury and it took 3 weeks in order to become fully fit. I was subbing him during matches and still didn't get fully fit.

I don't do it for the money, I just do it so that my reserve team can get some playing time, or send players to get fit. During my first season I didn't arrange friendless, Amauri came back from an injury and it took 3 weeks in order to become fully fit. I was subbing him during matches and still didn't get fully fit.

Subbing them seems to hamper their recovery, I tend to just leave them on for the full 90 mins and they recover much better.

It's not cheating per se, but it most definitely is exploiting the game in a way that was never intended. I have nothing against organising 7 friendlies against big teams in pre-season for the cash (which can also raise you a few hundred k), but arranging friendlies throughout the season to earn cash is so obviously not in the spirit of the game. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise.

@juventus: I'd read the thread title and OP if I were you; that's why people are shouting "cheat", because the sole aim of the OP is to make money in an entirely unrealistic way.

It's not cheating per se, but it most definitely is exploiting the game in a way that was never intended. I have nothing against organising 7 friendlies against big teams in pre-season for the cash (which can also raise you a few hundred k), but arranging friendlies throughout the season to earn cash is so obviously not in the spirit of the game. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise.

@juventus: I'd read the thread title and OP if I were you; that's why people are shouting "cheat", because the sole aim of the OP is to make money in an entirely unrealistic way.

What does op stand for?

On a previous save when i was on the lower leagues, i bookmarked a team from The Solomon Islands and would often go there play a friendly for 20k which is completly unrealistic though i only did it because the club was losing a ridiculous amount of money from ground maintenance and other football costs even though i was keeping the wage bill low..

It's an exploit in my opinion.

Everyone has to, and will, draw their own line. Personally, I may include one or two bigger friendlies in pre-season, but the team I support has been doing that for the last few years. I will not have 2 friendlies in a week to get a free 40k, as it would spoil the experience for me. Some people will, some people won't, I just find getting money in that way to be a bit cheap, and would rather struggle without money than earn it unrealistically.

However, for those who do do it, I'm sure it works well.

It's definately not cheating. I don't think it's any worse than starting a new game with Man Utd because in "reality" they would never appoint an unknown manager.

People need to get over this "realism" tripe and enjoy the little kookiness The FM series has always had. If Ming Chua University want to pay my Reserves 18k for a kickabout then i'm not gonna say no am i? :lol:

It's definately not cheating. I don't think it's any worse than starting a new game with Man Utd because in "reality" they would never appoint an unknown manager.

People need to get over this "realism" tripe and enjoy the little kookiness The FM series has always had. If Ming Chua University want to pay my Reserves 18k for a kickabout then i'm not gonna say no am i? :lol:

That's fine - it's you game, you paid for it etc etc.

So long as you don't come on the forum bigging yourself up for being a financially astute manager and buying your way to success.

what if you are a level 10 english club and only do it with cross pyramid teams? cause that low you dont have a reserve league; and the way I play, I have squads of 40+ guys

It's a matter of what you think is realistic.

Scenario A: your pub team can fly across the globe to play a pub team in the Pacific Islands because the game doesn't factor in traveling expenses and has the tropical amateurs fork out thousands that they don't have (unless a FIFA official is there electioneering).

Scenario B: your pub team arranges a friendly against the pub team in the next village (i.e. your scenario).

That's fine - it's you game, you paid for it etc etc.

So long as you don't come on the forum bigging yourself up for being a financially astute manager and buying your way to success.

Oh my. I wouldn't dare do that now would i? :confused:

I'm not getting into an arguement or anything but some people really do take this game far too seriously.

DISCLAIMER! If you are after a realistic game scenario please IGNORE this thread...turn off the game...aquire your UEFA coaching badges...take over a professional football club...lead them to glory...

last post from me. These forums are too serious for me

Interesting point of view from a poster who names himself after a team that was demoted for cheating on a massive scale.

This is tangential to the argument at hand, but this really isn't what happened, and 'cheating' is not what Juventus were demoted for. One of the worst executed pieces of regulation in sporting history, and one of the worst reported, especially outside of Italy.

No offense, but you can't assume that. These days I generally start off unemployed with a tiny rep, but in the past I used to create a fictional backstories to account for higher reputation clubs signing you on. Ex-player, managed at clubs abroad, whatever. The game doesn't give you much flexibility in the matter, which is why I felt the need to account for the discrepancy.
What's so kooky about an exploit?

Sure, discovering that your car has a built in machine-gun might give you a bit of an advantage at rush hour. But that doesn't mean you should use it :D Nor could you explain away the carnage by telling people that the machinegun 'gives the car character'.

The fact that you don't care about it doesn't mean this isn't a problem.

Call it an exploit or a cheat it is up to the person playing if they use it or not.

I also think this is something SI should fix.

Pretty much what Acid Burn says. I would never use an exploit like this, but it is down to each player to decide if they want to or not.

One thing I will add to that, is if somebody who used such an exploit posted their career in the Career Update forum which I frequent, I would have no interest whatsoever in that career.

Archived