Unbelieveable Stupid Bug

Hello NO, he just scored a penalty and played full game.

Ok, I as just asking. settle down there Shadow. You gave us no other information to work with. As I said, was just asking , as it certainly may have been an explanation.

At the moment the worldcup falls over the season change date for most leagues. Players tend to retire from club or international football over that season changeover date or thereabouts.

What SI need to do is ensure that no-one retires (from club or national teams) during an international tournament if they are a member of an international squad.

So for Drogba it'd find he wants to retire. Check his national squad and delay that retirement to the day after the final.

Maybe he's done a Roy Keane - who if I recall correctly walked out of the Republic of Ireland pre- World Cup training camp after disagreements with the manager? And it's not unknown for players to be sent home for disciplinary reasons during a tournament. And with someone of Drogba's touchy temperament it's not entirely impossible he might have a sulk about something or other...

Maybe he's done a Roy Keane - who if I recall correctly walked out of the Republic of Ireland pre- World Cup training camp after disagreements with the manager? And it's not unknown for players to be sent home for disciplinary reasons during a tournament. And with someone of Drogba's touchy temperament it's not entirely impossible he might have a sulk about something or other...

Yeah because walking out pre-world cup is exactly the same as walking out after a world cup QF. Do people even think before they say crap like this? What does being sent home have to do with anything, he RETIRED. People make up the stupidest excuses for bugs in the game I've noticed in this forum.

No Keane was kicked out before 2002 World Cup began.

I had this happen when I was managing Mali in the World Cup my left back retired halfway through. It is because his domestic season ends during the World Cup, so when he announces he will retire at the end of the season for some stupid reason the game does not take into account that the end of the season maybe during a big international tournament. This is a pretty big bug not game ending but very annoying.

there should be a way of stopping players retiring midway through a tournament like that, it's different during the league (like G Neville this season) because the basis of the game is the league season and there are all sorts of mitigating circumstances - the world cup is effectively a one off, a squad selected and players would go to it intending to play all of it or retire after (like van Bronckhorst). Definitely not during.

I suppose you couldn't call up a replacement?!

Technically not a bug as its not an error with the coding.

Obviously the coding does need altering though so this sort of issue doesn't happen but I imagine it comes a long way down the list of things that need altering/fixing as its fairly minor.

jxd, above possibly possibly has the best solution, once retirement is announced a player can't be picked for an international squad.

You know what, I didn't notice the OP was the CIV manager. This wouldn't be a bug then, I mean, he told you he's going to retire, you picked him anyway, and he retired just like he said he would (perhaps somewhat churlishly).

I would guess his retirement date was set in accordance with CIV's fixture, the last being the WC group stage matches. So the game failed to take knockout rounds into consideration. Therefore, instead of only generating 3 group fixtures, it should generate all of them, like cup matches where you can have A or B vs C or D.

Technically not a bug as its not an error with the coding.

Obviously the coding does need altering though so this sort of issue doesn't happen but I imagine it comes a long way down the list of things that need altering/fixing as its fairly minor.

jxd, above possibly possibly has the best solution, once retirement is announced a player can't be picked for an international squad.

Zidane announced retirement but he still lead France into final.

Yes, it's a bug.
It's still a bug.

Your far better than these sort of comments Ackter :(

Zidane announced retirement but he still lead France into final.

Well yes in real life but in FM I presume for coding reasons people retire during the season update which was June/July as Drogba was playing in England.

So how can it be improved? well thats up to SI to decide. Ideally we want to see the player still retiring from his club in June/July but not fully retiring as a player until the tournament is over but this may be something that can't easily be done from a coding point of view.

The simplest option is possibly to force international retirement first somehow which may be easier to incorporate into the coding then this issue wouldn't happen.

One of two things should happen:

1. Player rejects the call up as he plans on retiring

2. Player delays his retirement until after the tournament

That neither of these happens, and instead the player retires in the middle of a major tournament (only through injury should this circumstance ever occur), means that there is a bug that needs fixing. And oversight in code is just as bad as broken code.

Your far better than these sort of comments Ackter :(

Well yes in real life but in FM I presume for coding reasons people retire during the season update which was June/July as Drogba was playing in England.

So how can it be improved? well thats up to SI to decide. Ideally we want to see the player still retiring from his club in June/July but not fully retiring as a player until the tournament is over but this may be something that can't easily be done from a coding point of view.

The simplest option is possibly to force international retirement first somehow which may be easier to incorporate into the coding then this issue wouldn't happen.

It's easy, set retire time to July or August 30. Most of the tournament are over at that time, except Olympic but it's mostly U23.

Not sure if its possible to do it that way, FM used to update the database at a set date each season. If it still does it'll be much harder to code - unless of course they modify the retirement due to injury code for this situation.

Archived