Women's Super League

I doubt it very much.

a) There would need to be researchers for it

b) You cant just add one league containing women. There would need to be some kind of structure. And a way of newgens being created.

Basically its a whole new game and probably a waste of SI's time.

I doubt it very much.

a) There would need to be researchers for it

b) You cant just add one league containing women. There would need to be some kind of structure. And a way of newgens being created.

Basically its a whole new game and probably a waste of SI's time.

This says it all really

SI should make the database so that players can be female and referred to as "she" and "her". Then people can make their own female leagues to their heart's desire with virtually no effort required from SI's end.

Considering FIFA is one of the most invested-in and popular football games on the planet, maybe FM should wait until it includes women's football before SI devs start investing anything more than a few minutes' time in it.

• 1 year later...
I wouldnt mind managing Arsenal Ladies and Arsenal to be honest

I dont think they have player animations for swapping shirts yet so perhaps you'll change your mind until they do ;)

Personally I think it would be a great idea and think SI should seriously consider it

Well maybe set-up a vote thread and see what response you get. If no-one is interested then it defo wont be done.

The way i look at things is would you like SI to spend development time on this or would you like it spent on fixing current issues / improving existing functionality / developing functionality for the current set-up. Once you get your head around this you will likely get a better idea of the chances of this being done...IMHO

If you want to have a Football Manager game that resembles women's football, then only load the lowest leagues from nations, then when they refer to someone in the news simply imagine them as a girl instead of a boy.

That's basically it. Lower standard of football, coaching, recognition, prize money, etc.

If SI ever wasted their time adding a female league I'd never buy the game again. Far too many other things to be fixed first before adding more things that go wrong and don't work.

I agree with the notion, but practically it just doesn't make sense. In effect, nobody would really be buying the game on the basis of new women's leagues compared to the amount of people attracted by introducing more mainstream new features like a better match engine. Furthermore, of the existing fanbase, the top priority seems to be fixing/improving game fundamentals rather than adding in female leagues.

A good option that caters to those who really want it would be the one mentioned previously involving the editor. I don't believe it would be particlarly hard for SI to allow editing of female players and leagues, even if they didn't need to create those leagues themselves. If the community amassed the requisite support, then it could provide those women's leagues for those who wanted it.

This has been discussed every year for years and it's unlikely the women's game will ever be included.

Unless they sign for teams in association football teams?

It's bound to happen. The first woman footballer in professional leagues will be sensational.

Think of the linewoman - Karren Brady. That was the first sign of professionals in around the game genre.

Well not the first, there are coaches and physios, but not officials.

Unless women footballers make it to the level the game genre is.

It will take 1 woman and change the game forever.

I do hope one day a woman has an affect on the men's leagues, I know it's not likely to be the top ones, but I'd be happy to see a player of the month in league 2 being a girl. I just like the ideal.

Unless they sign for teams in association football teams?

It's bound to happen. The first woman footballer in professional leagues will be sensational.

Think of the linewoman - Karren Brady. That was the first sign of professionals in around the game genre.

Well not the first, there are coaches and physios, but not officials.

Unless women footballers make it to the level the game genre is.

It will take 1 woman and change the game forever.

It's actually banned in FIFA's regulations: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4110027.stm

Therefore it's probably not going to happen while FIFA is ruled by dinosaurs.

It would be unfair on everyone involved if women were allowed to compete with men. Men are physically stronger and more powerful than women. Either the men would have to be less competitive when playing against a woman or the woman would be put at serious risk.

Could you imagine what would happen if a women footballer were to come up against a Ryan Shawcross or Lee Cattermole challenge? And that's just in the Premiership, in the lower leagues it van be even more physical. Separating the male and female game isn't a matter of discrimination, it's common sense.

Back on topic, there simply isn't the demand for women's football to be included in the game. I am sure the vast majority of FM players are male, and of the few women who do play FM, I'm sure most of them would prefer to manage the men's game, simply as it's more publicised. I would be interested to hear the opinions of any female FM players on here.

Not really, im not against the idea of women playing football but it really is a poor standard of football and would be basically having a pub league manager game.

Though it could be interesting getting messages like " sarah smith will be out for a month because she is on the blob"

• 5 months later...

This aforementioned thread pretty much sickened me, until Lord Rowell's post.

Women's football SHOULD be included in the SAME game as Football Manager (Men's) for one simple reason:

Completeness.

In Australia we have two pretty cracking leagues this year in the A-League and the W-League. Both leagues are proving to be very fast, entertaining, and full-on games. The skill level in the W-League is approaching levels of the A-League in quality. The W-League is known for bruising, hard tackles, and big sniper goals.

The W-League is composed of clubs intrinsically tied with their A-League owners - Melbourne Victory field a men's and women's team, as do Sydney FC, Brisbane Roar, etc. The only exception is Canberra United, who are standing on their own as their own club, their own team, and have the largest support of all the W-League. What happens to Melbourne Victory as a club happens to the whole setup, men's and women's team combined.

On women in the men's leagues, Melissa Barbieri, Matildas (Australian women's National team) goalkeeper, spent a couple of seasons last decade before the W-League was created in the second-tier Victorian Premier League with Richmond SC. The VPL is a FIFA-sanctioned league, and although not formally linked with our top-tier A-League, is considered amongst our country's second tier along with the NSW Premier League, the Queensland Q-League, SA Super League, etc amongst others. http://www.jccm-uk.com/talent/melissa-barbieri/ Note the UK website for those of you who think the only league worth watching is EPL.

Even if none of this is worth your time, remember that SI have continually committed to providing the most comprehensive, realistic, and above all COMPLETE Football Management simulator to be found.

SI, or even anyone doing a mod, if you need researchers for the Women's league, I am interested in offering help in the Melbourne Victoria Australia area. I can potentially rally some other troops also. Just in case anyone's wondering if I'm willing to back up what I've got to say on the matter.

This crap idea still going on?

This.

How would you go about researching it? You take the worlds greatest womens footballer - she's clearly going to be nowhere near the worlds best mens player.

You would need a whole new range, and new yard stick of the in game attributes. This would surely run into huge problems with the ME, in terms of having a true reflection of players abilities. As you can't have a women with the same attributes and CA as Messi, and have them react and play in the same way - as that isn't real life, and is absurd. Therefore, with the same ME, you would never be allowed to have women players with a PA or CA near the higher ends of the range. Therefore that would not be a true reflection of the populus of womens football, the best women in the world should have a CA of a similar standing to the one that Messi has within mens football. You'd need a new game really. Haven't read through these pages too much, even at all really, but this instantly dawns on me, and would be very suprised if I'm the first to suggest these problems.

Even if this was worked around, it's never going to happen on an official level simply because there isn't a market for it. Which must be a reflection upon the sport itself. I'd consider womens football within England to be largely a minority sport - and this would be backed up by many statistics to prove that many sports would prove to be much more popular, certainly within this country. Then you look around the world, where you would consider womens football to be 'big' - USA, Australia for example, then you would look within those countries, and see that the popularity of such a sport would pale into significance when compared with NBA, NFL, AFL, Cricket; even mens football hasn't such a widespread appeal when compared to these sports.

This.

How would you go about researching it? You take the worlds greatest womens footballer - she's clearly going to be nowhere near the worlds best mens player.

You would need a whole new range, and new yard stick of the in game attributes. This would surely run into huge problems with the ME, in terms of having a true reflection of players abilities. As you can't have a women with the same attributes and CA as Messi, and have them react and play in the same way - as that isn't real life, and is absurd. Therefore, with the same ME, you would never be allowed to have women players with a PA or CA near the higher ends of the range. Therefore that would not be a true reflection of the populus of womens football, the best women in the world should have a CA of a similar standing to the one that Messi has within mens football. You'd need a new game really. Haven't read through these pages too much, even at all really, but this instantly dawns on me, and would be very suprised if I'm the first to suggest these problems.

It wouldn't be any different to women's football being similar to a lesser league, semi-professional at the mens' standard at the very best, which will prevent Messis from becoming common in womens' football. The restriction on gender-specific leagues would prevent the cream rising to the top (in terms of mens' football) because the best womens' football league wouldn't develop players as well (imagine if Messi were forced to train with a semi-professional side from the age of 16 onwards).

You might need to rescale it a little (a "1" in mens' football terms might not be considered the same as a "1" in womens' football terms) but that's just a cosmetic rescaling, similar to how 1-20 can be rescaled to 1-100 with no real consequence.

Archived