Your favourite rubbish player(stats wise)

Totori.png

This is Benjamin Totori as you can see. I like to play in New Zealand for some reason and this guy is a beast due to his pace and scores some crazy goals with great runs from inside our half and due to a lack of composure he tends to hit and hope resulting in quite a few cool looking goals that fly into the top corner. I tend to sign this guy in any strange low level leagues New Zealand any small European leagues or lower Asian teams.

Usually peoples favourite players involve newgens with world class stats or great current players playing at the top level. I just wondered if anyone had any favourite players that are to be honest pretty rubbish or great at a lower level?

I've got 2, one in FM10 and the other in FM11

One was Orhan Kanatlar (newgen) on my Galatasaray save, he was a 19 year old with great potential but his current star rating was 1.5 stars, he was a winger who scored about 9 goals in the first ten games of the season.

The other on FM11 was James Forrest on my Man United save, who went on to score 6 goals in his first 7 games including a winner against Man City.

Mark Janney in 03/04. Rubbish stats (good for BSP level), but made it all the way to the Championship with me being one of my star players every season. I love it when someone who's crap comes together.

i loved marek heinz in fm 05 was such a beast 35 goals a season year in year out foir over 10 seasons... twice on two different saves, so signed him for southend on this years fm, at 36 years old awfull stats it was a nostalgic signing....yet he still managed 32 goals in 41 games ...and now tops my favourite fm player ever

My favourite rubbish player was probably Caner Erkin when I was playing a Galatasaray save and he was only on loan. I mainly used him as back up/rotation player due to his average but also well rounded attributes, then injury forced my hand into making him a starter and he scored around a goal a game from left wing and also assisted around every other game, I then looked to buy him permanently from CSKA Moscow and to my delight there was a buy option of about 2m, he kept the left wing berth for years and even held his own against the top sides in europe.

I had Mark Viduka back in one of my FM2007 saves. He was like 36 years old, had stats of 1 for pace and acceleration, i dont know why i put him in my blackburn team alongside torres, but he smashed 15 goals that season in something like 20 games, all important ones as we won the title. He scored more than torres, in less games!! as a 36year old with no stats!. Unfortuantly he retired before he could go on another rampage.

George Pawley, a rubbish striker who got released by Bolton at the start of the game. Signed him on a free in the first season in the BSN. He had decent pace + acceleration (i.e. 12 or so) and not much else. I had other strikers who were much better on paper (or on screen?), and he only played 3 games the first season. Next season, he was the team's top scorer with 15 from 33 (21 starts) in the league as the team won promotion to the BSP. I began the season using him as a super sub, and even then he was scoring one in two, with some very important late goals. Despite being theoretically rubbish I just had to stick with him...

He couldn't cut it in the BSP though, and eventually has ended up at Tonbridge who currently aren't in a playable league.

As I've said in other threads, Febian Brandy on FM10. Shocking mental and techincal stats, but great pace so created 10-12 chances a game, and eventually stuck one or two in the back of the net.

Also, Ricky Holmes who started at Chelmsford on FM10 but has since left, decent enough for Blue Square South, should've been awful after that but stayed with me into the Championship, he never lit up the game but was always dependable and performed well above what his stats would suggest.

Totori.png

This is Benjamin Totori as you can see. I like to play in New Zealand for some reason and this guy is a beast due to his pace and scores some crazy goals with great runs from inside our half and due to a lack of composure he tends to hit and hope resulting in quite a few cool looking goals that fly into the top corner. I tend to sign this guy in any strange low level leagues New Zealand any small European leagues or lower Asian teams.

Usually peoples favourite players involve newgens with world class stats or great current players playing at the top level. I just wondered if anyone had any favourite players that are to be honest pretty rubbish or great at a lower level?

Funny you pick him because I have a Solomon Islands save every year I buy the game and he is absolutely awesome!!!

Yusuf Rabiev. Turkmenistan international striker who plays in Turkmenistan, have to have that league loaded, but is great as a Poacher or Treq, scored a lot of goals before I made a 5000% profit on him. Bought for £6k, sold for £1.2m

Archived