Andy Carroll in the Next Update

Ahead of a proposed move to Liverpool, I'm wondering how many of his attributes will be changed.

Let's face it, he's hardly the player on FM that he is IRL. He's never had an average rating of 7 after a season in the Premier League and I'm in 2017, and the best club he's played for is Sheffield United.

Basically I'm wondering what will happen to him in the next update of FM because no way is he good enough to play for Liverpool as he as at the moment.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last seasons championship top scorers

1 Peter Whittingham Cardiff City 22

2 Nicky Maynard Bristol City 20

3 Gary Hooper Scunthorpe United 19

4 Charlie Adam Blackpool 18

5 Michael Chopra Cardiff City 18

6 Andy Carroll Newcastle United 17

7 Robert Earnshaw Nottingham Forest 17

8 Kevin Nolan Newcastle United 17

£35 million really? would you get that for any of these other players?

last seasons championship top scorers

1 Peter Whittingham Cardiff City 22

2 Nicky Maynard Bristol City 20

3 Gary Hooper Scunthorpe United 19

4 Charlie Adam Blackpool 18

5 Michael Chopra Cardiff City 18

6 Andy Carroll Newcastle United 17

7 Robert Earnshaw Nottingham Forest 17

8 Kevin Nolan Newcastle United 17

£35 million really? would you get that for any of these other players?

Yes, but he was only 18,19 last year thats a pretty good tally for a teenager,,but hes definately not worth 35 mill maybe 20 at most.

Yes, but he was only 18,19 last year thats a pretty good tally for a teenager,,but hes definately not worth 35 mill maybe 20 at most.

No, he was not a teenager last season. he was 20 at the start of the season, and turned 21 during it.

All players are re-evaluated during January based on their improvement/regression since the last update. Carroll will have been re-evaluated by the Newcastle researcher already, and all that will change as a direct result of the transfer will be that he will be at Liverpool rather than Newcastle (oh, and wages)

Ahead of a proposed move to Liverpool, I'm wondering how many of his attributes will be changed.

Let's face it, he's hardly the player on FM that he is IRL. He's never had an average rating of 7 after a season in the Premier League and I'm in 2017, and the best club he's played for is Sheffield United.

Basically I'm wondering what will happen to him in the next update of FM because no way is he good enough to play for Liverpool as he as at the moment.

He's already pretty decent if you play him right.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6852/01312011194704.jpg

Thats him at Liverpool after I bought him for 13 million earlier tonight :D

Liverpool is gay. They could sign Sergio Agüero if they pay 45M €.

Why's that then hes just signed another 2 year contract extension today taking his contract till 2016 so he obviously dose't want to move :confused::rolleyes:

Why's that then hes just signed another 2 year contract extension today taking his contract till 2016 so he obviously dose't want to move :confused::rolleyes:

Are you sure ? Atletico Chairman Erneste Cerezo today said that we will sell Agüero who pay 45M € , even Real Madrid.

He just signed new contract at 5.1.2011 , I don't think it's possible that he signed a new contract today.

Can I raise an angry complaint now just in case he is given a ridiculous 'big club' bump up in stats in the new patch?

He's VERY slow, has NO acceleration, is very weak in the air given his size, his finishing isn't that special. All in all he's barely good enough for the Premier League. If he turns into a 'CA 165/PA 180' type player with superb stats it's wrong.

There you go then

anyway, I definetely would sign him ; I am pretty sure that he would accept an offer from Liverpool. Ernesto Cerezo cares money, Agüero needs a bigger club but he is too loyal to say that. Nevertheless, in my opinion, he will leave after this season , he signed a contract because he wants to make money for Atletico. Otherwise, like mesut özil case, a team could get him in bargain since it would be the last year of contract.

Can I raise an angry complaint now just in case he is given a ridiculous 'big club' bump up in stats in the new patch?

He's VERY slow, has NO acceleration, is very weak in the air given his size, his finishing isn't that special. All in all he's barely good enough for the Premier League. If he turns into a 'CA 165/PA 180' type player with superb stats it's wrong.

Mmm i dont think hes worth 35 million granted but i think your opinion is abit harsh on him :)

anyway, I definetely would sign him ; I am pretty sure that he would accept an offer from Liverpool. Ernesto Cerezo cares money, Agüero needs a bigger club but he is too loyal to say that. Nevertheless, in my opinion, he will leave after this season , he signed a contract because he wants to make money for Atletico. Otherwise, like mesut özil case, a team could get him in bargain since it would be the last year of contract.

Well if madrid chairman wanted money why did they reject 38 million off tottenham yesterday ?? plus his minimum fee as been lowerd aswell today as part of his new deal

Definitely agree with you, price shouldn't encourage SI to give him greate stats. a PA over 170 for him would be a huge mistake.

Premier League Clubs pay too much money especially players those play in premier league. For instance James Milner , Darren Bent to Tottenham , Robbie Keane to Liverpool , they were all stupid fees.

He wants 45M €.

Well you said chairman cares about money 45 million euro's is about 42 million is't it only 4 million off so he cant be that botherd and im sure he would't be offering agureo another 2 years on top of his current contract if he was desperate to get rid of him

Well you said chairman cares about money 45 million euro's is about 42 million is't it only 4 million off so he cant be that botherd and im sure he would't be offering agureo another 2 years on top of his current contract if he was desperate to get rid of him

There is no official announcement that tottenham really made an offer for agüero. Beside reddknapp refused that they are interested in agüero. They made an offer for Forlan.

There is no official announcement that tottenham really made an offer for agüero. Beside reddknapp refused that they are interested in agüero. They made an offer for Forlan.

Well regardless if its true or not hes signed a 2 year exstension which was offerd to him by chairman obviously so he cant want rid that much

I'm a Liverpool fan living in the north of the North East, so I do watch a lot of Newcastle games. I would say his stats a pretty much spot on in the 11.2 database. He's very good in the air, his finish and composure aren't fantastic but not bad. Only thing I can think of that is maybe a little bit off is his work rate, he normally puts a very good shift in, maybe an increase of 1 in that.

Well regardless if its true or not hes signed a 2 year exstension which was offerd to him by chairman obviously so he cant want rid that much

I wanna ask that why he is waited the last hours of transfer session to extend his contract ?

In my game he scored 23 goals in 35 premier league games for AI controlled Newcastle in the 10/11 season. And is currently on 10 goals after 19 premier league games in february of the 11/12 season.

Seems about right to me.

WTH is wrong with him in my game?

10/11 - 3 goals in 26 games (newcastle relegated)

11/12 - 7 goals in 18 games (at arsenal)

12/13 - 6 goals in 25 games

13/14 - 1 goal in 4 games

14/15 - 5 goals in 20 games (at liverpool, oddly enough)

total transfer cost - £12.5million, and with those stats he aint worth even that!

You did't affend me lol nice friendly debate :)

Agüero made a statement two or three years ago and said exactly that :

"I will never play for a club that its name start with R letter." ( He implied River Plate and Real Madrid )

As an Atletico Fan, I would wanna see him at Liverpool rather than Real Madrid or Barcelona ; this is why I am insisted on this thread :)

Moreover, until now , in all champions league victories since fm 2007 , agüero was at my side. To say, I don't wanna start the game with a superior team like Real Madrid and Barça.

Definitely agree with you, price shouldn't encourage SI to give him greate stats.

SI don't give stats. Researchers do and, although a very few researchers are SI employees, most of us are not, and although we have guidelines within which to rate players, our opinions are trusted within those guidelines. The Newcastle researcher will already have re-evaluated Carroll based on his performances for them, and the Liverpool researcher will do likewise in the summer once he has seen Carroll for a few months himself. The ratings will have nothing to do with his transfer fee or who he plays for.

the stats are going to have to be amended, if he has the same stats as 11.2 he will probably become a squad rotation player at best then after the first season get sold for a few million.

the bigger news will be if any stat changes are made to torres, based on his inconsistent season so far.

the stats are going to have to be amended, if he has the same stats as 11.2 he will probably become a squad rotation player at best then after the first season get sold for a few million.

The Newcastle researcher will already have re-evaluated Carroll based on his performances for them, and the Liverpool researcher will do likewise in the summer once he has seen Carroll for a few months himself. The ratings will have nothing to do with his transfer fee or who he plays for.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about with regards to his aerial ability, and he isn't as slow as you're making out.

Chris, the NUFC researcher is a very good researcher and won't go over the top with anything. He doesn't get carried away and is very realistic. Do not expect to see big differences in his attributes. He might get a PA rise, but hopefully that'll be about right.

There's nothing wrong with him in terms of attributes on 11.2. He can perform very well and sometimes under AI control he can be a 1 in 2 player, which is realistic.

Archived