Developing a promising regen into a world-class player

I'm gonna show you how I developed my best centre back in FM10.

Here's Job Tan at 16 years old. He was discovered by one of my scouts that said he had a high potential ability. The stats are not that god, but they look very promising.

fm2010110617385832.jpg

I bought Job Tan when he was 16 from Feyenoord and keep him in my U18 in the first year. He was tutored by my best centre back at that time. At 17 years and a half he was loaned out to West Ham United in the Championship and played regular football there. When he got back, he was tutored again by one of my best centre backs, given intense training and some playing time in the Carling Cup, FA Cup and some Premiership matches. At 19 years old he broke into the first team and now he's the best centre back in the world and only 20 years old.

fm2010122612361397.jpg

This is the best aspect of the FM series for me. Developing young talents and turning them into world-class players. I dont' like buying established players for astronomical prices, I always look for young talents to develop.

So what similar experiences did you have playing FM? Tell me about your developed world-class player in this thread.

This is how I play the game too, buy young players and develop them. I have Raphael Varane, 6 years into the game, now worth 30m euro and scoring 20-25 goals every year as a center back (BUG !!!).

That's one of the worst match engine bugs I've ever seen in FM series, central defender scoring absurd amount of goals and strikers scoring little.

I like to buy cheap, develop and sell high...

I've got one I'm really happy with. Here he was at the start of the game. (Was in the initial bunch of regens you get in the spanish league)

14ka905.jpg

A year or so later, after playing 2/3rd of my games first season due to injuries. 2nd Season he became a regular, and has been ever since.

t6rm0p.jpg

Him halfway through the 5th season.

2q3opy9.jpg

I've just played him regularly, but never when tired, and that seems to have worked. Had him tutored by Gerrard, Joe Cole and C.Ronaldo. It's helped that he's had world class players around him so I'm not reliant on him at all.

Anybody seen a better striker than this at 20 years old? Another product of my developing cycle. Bought him when he was 16, got him tutored by the best strikers in my team and now he looks like this. My best striker ever in any FM series I've played.

fm2010122715294763.jpg

Anybody seen a better striker than this at 20 years old? Another product of my developing cycle. Bought him when he was 16, got him tutored by the best strikers in my team and now he looks like this. My best striker ever in any FM series I've played.

He looks great mate. :thup:

Can you check his 2nd nationality if you don't mind? Cause his surname sounds Albanian.

Here's a product of my own youth academy. Unfortunately can't provide other screenshot for him, he's 20 years old now.

PavelDenisenkoProfile_Attributes.png

Wow, that are some insane stats for a 16 years old! I only wish I've had an academy player like that. But in my save, in 22 years I've played my academy only produced 2 world-class players, altough I have the best youth academy in the world and the best trainers.

And yes, Gerhard Gaxhaj has albanian as his 2nd nationality. Well spotted.

Wow, that are some insane stats for a 16 years old! I only wish I've had an academy player like that. But in my save, in 22 years I've played my academy only produced 2 world-class players, altough I have the best youth academy in the world and the best trainers.

And yes, Gerhard Gaxhaj has albanian as his 2nd nationality. Well spotted.

Luck plays its part mate. Also IIRC regen production is hard coded or something, in a sense that teams that consistently have produced good players from their youth academy get regens with higher potential ability. Hence why you can get regens with high potential in teams like Ajax, Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Milan, Juventus, Man Utd etc.

Shame he is capped by Germany. :p We would have needed him in the team. (I'm Albanian btw that's why I asked.)

May I be the first to say................ I smell bull****.

Why? It's perfectly possible to develop players like this.

You can even develop non-regens to be as good as this...

Ganso, Pastore, Babacar, Lukaku etc.

Speaking of which, best unlikely success I've developed was in FM10.

s8Beretta.jpg

Don't worry though, this ain't a spoiler - he's utter rubbish in FM11 :( Shame as I loved that guy! ^^

I've got some great prospects sitting pretty. Best one is a 14 year old who already has 14 finishing, 14 dribbling, and decent enough on the other key stats. He's not even 15 for another 8 months or so IIRC. Alreaddy has 16 determination and is being tutored up to 18 now. Maybe try and pick up some old guy to get it to 20.

i have some young promising players, but havent had much time to play the game because of work, im playing with fake players so i dont know if these are regens or not, but anyway, here are the promising ones:

Not my player but im trying to buy him:

renatoprofileattributes.th.png

My CB who is on loan

edoardofiorentiniprofil.th.png

A player ive already signed but must wait 2 years to get him

diogoprofileattributes.th.png

A player who has been with me since the start of the season, but hasnt improved anything so far

yannicktoureprofileattr.th.png

Another product of my development style. He's probably the best all-round midfielder I've ever had. He's got everything. Fabregas meets Steven Gerrard.

fm2010061715001584.jpg

fm2010103116130542.jpg

This one is odd - in the first picture he is not smiling but the second picture he is!! Can this happen as I have never noticed this before - not surprised he is smiling with stats like those!!

i dont know how anyone can say they bought well and trained a guy well to world class status when they use a cheat like fmrte or any other program that basically tells you they will be world class. Play the game using just your scouts and see how many truly world class players you get then. Using such programs means you know that the 18 year old you have in your squad that your scouts say will be great will be because of cheating. Many times you will get told that a player will be great only for them to turn out mediocre playing normally. Thats how i like to play. normally.

i dont know how anyone can say they bought well and trained a guy well to world class status when they use a cheat like fmrte or any other program that basically tells you they will be world class. Play the game using just your scouts and see how many truly world class players you get then. Using such programs means you know that the 18 year old you have in your squad that your scouts say will be great will be because of cheating. Many times you will get told that a player will be great only for them to turn out mediocre playing normally. Thats how i like to play. normally.

i agree with you to 100% :) and my own scout found this german young defender lets see what he will turn out to be

Its still pretty easy to get the world class youngsters even without cheating.

If the scout with 20/20 tells you they have 4 star potential, they are going to be world class. Even as low as 2.5 stars with the right mix can be great players. I try and buy anyone with a decent mix, who is above 3 stars. Get them as young as possible. Then you can mould them into whatever you want anyway.

Well said.

And for those that dont understand this game.... For a player to have the kind of starting stats like the 16 year old above, what do you estimate his CA to be?? Lets guess,,,, 140 perhaps? And what do you think his PA could be? 180 perhaps? even 190?

Well thats a gap of 50 points and no way can 50 points give you the kind of stat change we see in the 2nd screenie.

Some stats take more CA points than others to get them to go up by one. That screenie shows a lot of raises in very tough/important stats right????

And another thing.... For a 16 year old regen to appear like that, a player of fantastic quality should have retired at the same time. Unless they changed it this year, so that wonderkid regens can appear completely randomly in any countrey at any regen spawn.

The point is, since when did Scotland have a Pele type player in recent times?

Developing players to their full potential is actually quite easy. I have an excellent traing schedule (Thanks to this forum) which is very intensive for under 26's and if they have a gap between CA and PA, its eaten up fast as long as you give them enough games.

And the changes are directed to their relevant stats for their positions, but not withthe kind of raises being shown here.

And Im talking about training some of the best players with PA's over 180.

I dont know how people can assume that people finding success have cheated.

But whatever...

Developing players is a very fun part of the game.

When you have a youngster with a lot of potential, high determination, a high work rate, and you give that youngster a lot of playing time......its scary how quickly they can develop.

Sometimes you fail...whether its overestimating a player's potential or the player just not reaching his potential for whatever reason.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2508/murphyv.png

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5148/hallgp.png

With these two, both happened so now I am getting ready to sell them at the end of the season.

Sometimes you succeed and thats when the game gets fun.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8902/palmer.png

I signed palmer from stoke when he was 16 after some tutoring to get his determination and work-rate up, he's improved incredibly fast.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5493/burton.png

When burton came through my academy, all he had was speed. Now he has a got a lot more thanks to tutoring and generous playing time.

Sometimes the game throws you some crazy players. This guy just showed up in my game so I snapped him up as soon as I saw him :D

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8928/lobera.png

I hoping this guy has a high enough PA so I can get his speed up.....probably shouldn't have loaned him out lol....

Developing players is ETC ETC....

We have all seen god like regens and I aint accusing you specifically of cheating but some of the screenies in this thread are suspicious.

OH, and your players, if genuine, dont need to develop, they was spawned as prem quality players in the first place.

We have all seen god like regens and I aint accusing you specifically of cheating but some of the screenies in this thread are suspicious.

OH, and your players, if genuine, dont need to develop, they was spawned as prem quality players in the first place.

Think what you want but it still doesn't make it fair to insinuate that people have gotten their results by cheating.

And I never said you accused me of cheating....heck how could you since that was my first post in this thread.

I wish I could show you what they looked like when I first got them. They were not quality players. Once they got their determination up and they started getting a lot of first team football, they started to improve rapidly.

But I have a feeling you're not gonna believe me either way...

And what's the common thing about all these players? Right Only. Two footedness takes up a lot of CA, so just because these players appear much better than C Ronaldo, they could well have a similar CA as so much of Ronaldo's is lost in him having a good left foot.

It is entirely possible that all the players in this thread are genuine. Some may have used FMRTE to identify the players, you can prove or disprove that. However It is easily possible that none of the players have been tampered in FMRTE. In fact, the German and the Scot (the one's who look most ridiculous) are definitely legit as they have training arrows in their screenshots.

Think what you want but it still doesn't make it fair to insinuate that people have gotten their results by cheating.

And I never said you accused me of cheating....heck how could you since that was my first post in this thread.

I wish I could show you what they looked like when I first got them. They were not quality players. Once they got their determination up and they started getting a lot of first team football, they started to improve rapidly.

But I have a feeling you're not gonna believe me either way...

I believe ya.

But some of the regens in this thread are suspicious.

Yours are not overly god like.

I can assure you I haven't cheated finding and developing those regens I posted here. And why is so hard to believe that from time to time the game produces god like 16 years old regens that are already better than most of the average platers in the game?

I found those players most of them myself with the search filter inside the game. Evey year after a season is over, I spend hours sorting players by attributtes and other staff and it's not that hard to pick 3 or 4 players that will be world-class in the future. I have the best scouts in the world, but none of them helped me finding a future world-class player.

It's not about scouting 16 or 17 players by their value. Look for their key attributes when thy're 15 or 16. That's how I find my future stars. And then developing is very easy afterwards.

Here's how I found Mike McCraken at 16 years old: Search Filter - age between 15 and 16; passing between 16 and 20; creativity between 16 and 20. And he came up along with other players. But he was the best player from that filter search, because he had balanced stats mentally and defensively.

Well said.

And for those that dont understand this game.... For a player to have the kind of starting stats like the 16 year old above, what do you estimate his CA to be?? Lets guess,,,, 140 perhaps? And what do you think his PA could be? 180 perhaps? even 190?

Well thats a gap of 50 points and no way can 50 points give you the kind of stat change we see in the 2nd screenie.

Some stats take more CA points than others to get them to go up by one. That screenie shows a lot of raises in very tough/important stats right???? .

Obviously you haven't played the game long enough. I can assure you that this is possible. And I haven't cheated. I used some hard training regimes and he was tutored by 3 different world-class players I had on mmy squad over the years. Maybe he had more than 50 points between his CA and his PA. You'll never know.

That german/albanian striker is awesome!

Do you guys have any particular tips to find cheap players with tons of potential to develop?

I normally send my scouts to the leagues i have loaded to find players younger than 18 and scout some under-19 competitions, i also use a filter on player search to find players younger than 18 with at least 3 or 4 youth caps.

Still.. seems hard to find any good cheap regens without any major flaw and i'm not asking for them to be world class, just decent players to do some wheeling and dealing to help the club grow.

I'll find some but i waste a lot of time scouring through U-21 National teams.. i'm playing with attribute masking on though..

you get 16 year old regens that are better than most current premiership players...

I don't buy it... sorry

santosluiz.jpg

Could do a job mid-table EPL straight off the bat, and that's a first season regen.

That german/albanian striker is awesome!

Do you guys have any particular tips to find cheap players with tons of potential to develop?

I normally send my scouts to the leagues i have loaded to find players younger than 18 and scout some under-19 competitions, i also use a filter on player search to find players younger than 18 with at least 3 or 4 youth caps.

Still.. seems hard to find any good cheap regens without any major flaw and i'm not asking for them to be world class, just decent players to do some wheeling and dealing to help the club grow.

I'll find some but i waste a lot of time scouring through U-21 National teams.. i'm playing with attribute masking on though..

Go to the Transfer Centre of "good" teams like the Brazilian teams, Barcelona, the top EPL clubs etc., then go to History, filter to "Youth" and it shows the current intake of players.

You're looking for players with decent stats across the board, preferably with high determination.

If the game is producing 16 year olds that are better than experienced internationals then that has to be a bug!

We shouldn't be getting world-class 16 year olds, or if we do there should be one in every 5 or 6 seasons MAXIMUM, not lord knows how many every year...

realism?

I also can assure you I haven't used FMRTE for scouting those players, nor have I edited them. It is perfectly possible to get newgens like that, especially in the big teams with huge reputation. If you have a lot of scouts, send them to different regions, they can find one or two newgens with high potential. It isn't a bug. See it yourself by playing the game long enough.

I think you should take a look in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/231684-FM11-Official-Rate-My-Regen-Thread

I can assure you I haven't etc etc ...............

OK lets take a closer look at your first screenie, Job Tan. 16 year old central defender.

Here is a CB that can play at the highest level from day one with stats like that... Maybe not every game with the big clubs, but if I had him at a club like Man UTD, I'd garentee him 15 games a year no problem.

Now lets look at him 4 years later at age 20. I take it you had him on a non-standard defence orientated training schedule right? Toned down the ball control , shooting and attacking and raised defence to heavy right?

OK so please explain how he got these stat raises.................

+6 in off the ball.

+5 in Dribbling, long shots, technique and composure.

+4 in Finishing, creativity, and flair.

+3 in Corners, crossing, free kicks, passing, penalty's, agility and balance.

All of the above would not be excessively trained in a defence based schedule.

Add thos stat changes to the other stat increases incurred at it looks very suspicious to me.

Only two stats stayed the same, aggression and natural fitness, every other stat was increased, most by at least +3.

A total of 54 stat increases to his technicals, 55 to mentals and 20 to physicals. Thats a total of 129 stats. Thats a total of 1290 stat raises(To get a stat increase, you need to get 10x 0.1 raises)

It dont look like the Job Tan had enough PA points left when you look at his starting stats to get the kind of increases you are showing and many of those increases are to stats that would not normally reciieve them in such numbers.

Like I said.......... It looks suspicious. If it's truly accurate, I appologise.

Obviously you haven't played the game long enough. I can assure you that this is possible. And I haven't cheated. I used some hard training regimes and he was tutored by 3 different world-class players I had on mmy squad over the years. Maybe he had more than 50 points between his CA and his PA. You'll never know.

Ive played this game since first release back in the CM days.

See my post above. Im not an idiot, ive seen regens with better starting stats than posted here, what I havent seen, EVER, is the kind of ludicrus raises in certain stats.

And another thing, most God like regens I've seen have had some weird kind of imbalance, like the best regen DMC in the world with 4 tackling and an average rating of 8.2 or the best regen winger in the world with 18 pace and 3 aceleration, that kind of thing. A perfectly balanced god like regen is a thiing of RARE beuty.

Now stop with the jibes please and stick to the topic at hand... maybe you could explain the starnge attackinng/technucal developemnet of Job Tan as I showed in my previous post.

• 7 months later...

The best product of my developing cycle. I've got this lad from a german team for compensation when he was 15 and he immediately entered my strict program of tutoring and hard training. When he was 15 , his CA was under 100 (maybe 92 or 93 if I remember) and his PA was 199. He finally reached his PA of 199 when he was 22, and here's how he looks at 23 in full glory. No cheating of course, just hard training, tutoring and giving him playing time in the 1st team since he was 17. At 19 he was already an established 1st team player. (It's unbelievable I raised his marking stat from 1 to 12 in just 7 years).

fm2011043017440696.jpg

fm2011080318385414.jpg

Archived