Too hard to sell players still!!!!

It doesn't look that hard to me now, I even get decent fees for my players if I offer them to clubs. Anyway, that's also maybe because all of my players are tracked by big clubs, so when I want to sell them, there are teams wanting to buy, but I've also sold reserve team player with no problem. Now you just can't expect anymore to sell players for lots of money, as in FM08 or FM09.

I thought this is gonna be fixed in the new patch, why SI did nothing on this?

Who are you?

When is it?

Who you trying to sell?

If you have started a new game remember that teams have already spent their money and made most of their transfers for that window.

Selling players wasn't supposed to be easy...

And yes I find that it is easier to offload players. Mind, offloading for money is still hard but at least I do get offers when offered out on a free (they're crap players anyways and I wouldn't pay any money for them).

Compare selling players to the real football world. If you have a player on high wages, it will be hard to sell him. If a player isn't in game shape or short of form, he's going to be hard to sell.

In past Football Manager versions it was far too easy to sell players and raise ridiculous amounts of money. I'm happy with the way it is now.

If you have a player who's not playing that you want to sell, send him out on loan. Be creative. Find ways to entice other teams.

Yep, agree.

I can't get rid of anyone. Apparently no clubs will take Giggs, Scholes or Anderson. Can't imagine that happening in real life. They should just make it easier to get rid of players imo.

Come on Giggs and Scholes are like 35 and on high wages - who would want to take them! Anderson though is puzzling.

I wouldn't take certain players on even on free transfers, because they don't offer a benefit substantial enough to justify the wage liability. The AI will make the same calculation.

Basically - if you want to sell a player because you think he's not worth the wages - clubs looking to buy the player will probably agree with you.

Come on, you're telling me a Prem team would not have taken Giggs or Scholes at the beginning of the season?

There's a high risk factor bringing in players, and the upside isn't all that great, even if they click, you're going to get one, maybe two, good seasons out of them. If you already have decent players in those positions, the main impact bringing in a Giggs or Scholes would be burning valuable money - sure, you could transfer your existing player (who's probably doing almost as well, ten years younger and on a third of the wage) - but then you just have to find another player once Giggs is no longer able to play at that level.

There's a high risk factor bringing in players, and the upside isn't all that great, even if they click, you're going to get one, maybe two, good seasons out of them. If you already have decent players in those positions, the main impact bringing in a Giggs or Scholes would be burning valuable money - sure, you could transfer your existing player (who's probably doing almost as well, ten years younger and on a third of the wage) - but then you just have to find another player once Giggs is no longer able to play at that level.

You're missing the point. The game doesn't think in this manor. It's all programmable logic. The coding that controls AI managers making bids for high profile players imo should be tweaked so that we can off load our players, hence making the game more fun and freeing up wages.

Like I said, just my opinion.

You're missing the point. The game doesn't think in this manor. It's all programmable logic. The coding that controls AI managers making bids for high profile players imo should be tweaked so that we can off load our players, hence making the game more fun and freeing up wages.

Like I said, just my opinion.

'Fun' is a concept that means different things to different people. For the AI to make a decision that potentially hurts their club and helps yours - it makes them less competitive, in terms of being able to finance and build strong squads.

I like the AI to be as strong as possible, without actually 'cheating' (being given benefits that a human player doesn't get, to compensate for weak logic). The stronger the AI, the more meaningful my successes in the game are.

'Fun' is a concept that means different things to different people. For the AI to make a decision that potentially hurts their club and helps yours - it makes them less competitive, in terms of being able to finance and build strong squads.

I like the AI to be as strong as possible, without actually 'cheating' (being given benefits that a human player doesn't get, to compensate for weak logic). The stronger the AI, the more meaningful my successes in the game are.

With all due respect. I cannot offload around 20 first team players and reserves, including top names like Anderson, Scholes, Giggs, O'Shay, Brown, Neville, Park, Macheda, J.Evans and a load more. If that's your thing, great.

I'm not going to argue on a forum about how nonsensical I find that.

Finding it not only easier but also more realistic.

Trying to move 5 players on,bids come in for 2 of them and 1 moves on and 1 says he feels he is deserving of a better contract,I can relate as he is a good player he just does not fit into my system,anyway 2 weeks pass and not only does he move on but so does another player(2nd string player at best).

Also no jaw dropping moments when you think a transfer has went through just to see a Premiership side can not free up the 400k for the transfer.

All in all a much better feel to it and more fun that I can chase my own transfer targets now and not be hindered by the fact I could not sell good/decent players at a fair price.

I am not in a top league...ATM :p so can not tell how the better players are going.I also have not seen players who are valued at 3+million being offered for free...so far that is.

Just managed to offload a ton of players on my Tamworth side in October ready to transfer in the next window. Even made some money out of the more capable one or two that will still terrible. It ain't broken.

The problem I have is, not that I can't get rid of players- it's that I can't get rid of them for my asking price.

If I have a player worth $3mil that I don't need, I usually offer him out for $4mil-$5mil, then I get offers that are between $2.8mil-3mil. I usually sell them anyway, though, as they probably wouldn't play for me and their value would go down. What annoys me, though, is it is very difficult to get a player at/below their value from the AI...

Regarding the wages you've talked about here, the problem is that last year (and in the reality) a player getting over 33 with a year left on the contract will most of the time agree with a new contract on a lower wage. I find it very difficult, so that's why I just offload them instead of offering them a new deal with a lower wage, as long as they are going to become backups. Is that a problem someone else has? The player is not a key one, he is just first team, but right now I have someone better than him.

Archived