How do you get soo far into games?

Hi all, just wondering how much do people play to get like 5 or 6 season or beyond in saves already??

i play as much as time alows me, maybe 4 or 5 hours a day, 5/6 days a week, and im only 5 matches of the end of my 2nd season and clocked up 2day 12 hrs playing time,

just wondered is it my style of ,anagement, the speed i play games (set 80% along the marker-so pretty fast), or is it my laptop (which is just over 12 months old)

also, how far are you in your save?

thanks

a lot of people holiday through games, some all, some just a few but that saves time.

different people have different numbers of leagues set up which varies the processing times massively.

also, different computers run the game at vastly different speeds, my old computer took twice as long to process the matchdays results as my new one.

Also, a lot of people are way more in depth than others - for example might scout players by watching AI matches, which takes up time. Or they might spend literally hours looking for that perfect goal poacher up front, or even the perfect scout they're so desperately in need of.

I'm quite an in depth player myself, but due to work and girlfriend (not sure which is the more demanding of my time!) I don't get to play it as much as I'd like! Having said that though, I'm in the year 2025 on FM10 and have been playing for a total of nearly 60 days it says!! Although that includes leaving it running whilst I go and watch Soccer Saturday or whatever, so it's not all game play.......

Damn. I've played for over 4 days on my current save and i've only just finished my first season. The proccessing isn't slow either.

I take my time, never holiday through matches that is an absurd thing to do, and i catch a few AI matches here and there....can't think how i've taken 4 days to do that though, i don't scout extensivley, just get what comes to me through offers and scouting.

Damn. I've played for over 4 days on my current save and i've only just finished my first season. The proccessing isn't slow either.

I take my time, never holiday through matches that is an absurd thing to do, and i catch a few AI matches here and there....can't think how i've taken 4 days to do that though, i don't scout extensivley, just get what comes to me through offers and scouting.

4 days for 1 season? 1 month IRL? That's slow! With such speed you'll finish only 12 seasons till FM12 is released... Why do you watch AI matches? Scouting payers?

ive got through 5 seasons so far, i go to all the scotland matches even tho im not the manager but appart from that i dont go to AI games. i do holiday through games at the end of the season if they are pointless, either the league is over or i cant move up or down in my position, plus if the games are easy ones but i do set up the team and set it to use my selection and tactics. I can spend a whole day in pre-season doing a lot of scouting and tinkering but i blast through seasons after they get going. Let the ass man manage all friendlys as well.

4 days for 1 season? 1 month IRL? That's slow! With such speed you'll finish only 12 seasons till FM12 is released... Why do you watch AI matches? Scouting payers?

Hey, that's nuffink! It takes me up to one week in game time per season. I reckon I spend on average one hour between matches, faffing about with training, scouting, player interaction (I maybe have personal chats with 6 -10 players a week), studying the stats, browsing the other league tables and such like. In my current campaign it's currently February 2011. Never mind the length, feel the depth!

Hey, that's nuffink! It takes me up to one week in game time per season. I reckon I spend on average one hour between matches, faffing about with training, scouting, player interaction (I maybe have personal chats with 6 -10 players a week), studying the stats, browsing the other league tables and such like. In my current campaign it's currently February 2011. Never mind the length, feel the depth!

just wondering, when you play the game to that depth, do you have better performances and results, compared to that if you just rushed through games?

Wow, one hour. I play the next game immediately after the game finishes processing the scores from all the other leagues. Which is usually 5 minutes at most (usually 2-3 minutes) since I have 133 leagues processing. :p

Wow, one hour. I play the next game immediately after the game finishes processing the scores from all the other leagues. Which is usually 5 minutes at most (usually 2-3 minutes) since I have 133 leagues processing. :p

133 leagues? How many players do you have in your DB?

just wondering, when you play the game to that depth, do you have better performances and results, compared to that if you just rushed through games?

i can't really answer that since i don't do the latter to compare the two. I believe that I do; for example, the attention I pay to exploiting the weaknesses of the opposition seems to pay dividends. I talk to the press about the oppo dangerman - this often puts him under pressure and he under-performs in the game against me. it's deeply satisfying when the player the press identified as the main threat and is the club's top scorer is described as the weakest player on the pitch in the post-match analysis screen. Then when i respond to the oppo motivation widget with my shouts I often see the results. For example, when i see a player is nervous I target play towards him to lure him into a mistake; when one is in danger of being booked I shout to hard tackle him - often resulting in the oppo getting a red card. Similarly I target low bravery players for hard tackles - thank god they're just pixels 'cos the number who get carried off on stretchers is frightening. I can only do this by playing the match on extended highlights and paying close attention to the flow of the match. I make 10-20 shouts per match as I respond to the nature of the game. So yes, I do deeply believe, although I cannot prove, that I get better results. What I can say with total certainty, however, is that I find it a thoroughly satisfying experience to immerse myself in the game. i'm serious when I say it's the depth, not to speed or the titles racked up, that is the real pleasure of FM - for me.

No, 4 days is not a month :)

It says that i have played 4 days and 4 hours, and i am 3 days past the last game of my first season.

I watch AI matches that i am interested in. For instance, i am going to the champions league final at wembley to watch Real Vs Barca. Also i scout opposition(if i can), and watch the big matches using the TV camera angle. I just enjoy it really, and i think it immerses me more into the world of the game. Also i play matches on full or extended.

I think january was a slow month for me because i was trying to buy/sell. I do micro manage to a degree, but i don't read every stat. Do alot of browsing of other leagues and teams too.

4 days 5 hours is 101 hours. I think that is too much to spend on playing a game! Oops gotta get a life

I used to wonder how so many people around here get so far into the game so quick. I mean, only a couple of weeks after each release there are already people talking about their 5th season and such. Then I figured out that they all holiday through many/most of their games. Plus they probably don't take the time to sign proper staff and players which is time consuming as well.

Personally I never holiday and manage as much detail as I can. The only thing I don't do is attend press conferences (unless I haven't signed an Assistant yet) but other than that I am fully hands on with this game. That in combination with a full time job, wife, and a number of hobbies/friends/activities outside the house usually means it takes me anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks to complete a single season...sometimes even a little longer. I woldn't have it any other way, though. I really don't see the point in going on holiday for half a season.... It would be really funny if in future FM games the board could fire you for always taking off time during the season!

I used to wonder how so many people around here get so far into the game so quick. I mean, only a couple of weeks after each release there are already people talking about their 5th season and such. Then I figured out that they all holiday through many/most of their games. Plus they probably don't take the time to sign proper staff and players which is time consuming as well.

Personally I never holiday and manage as much detail as I can. The only thing I don't do is attend press conferences (unless I haven't signed an Assistant yet) but other than that I am fully hands on with this game. That in combination with a full time job, wife, and a number of hobbies/friends/activities outside the house usually means it takes me anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks to complete a single season...sometimes even a little longer. I woldn't have it any other way, though. I really don't see the point in going on holiday for half a season.... It would be really funny if in future FM games the board could fire you for always taking off time during the season!

I don't holiday half a season but i do holiday a whole load of home games that i expect an easy win, i've always got my tactics and squad selection checked though. i'm on my 5 season and have just about got 2 days of play with inter although i have never skipped over a transfer window and i always analyse everything about my team but its probably due to the fact that i've played every football/championship manager so i kind of already know what i want and how i want it set. i'd say the most time consuming thing for me is every 2-3 years when loads of contracts are up at the same time

Never holidayed through match in ten years of CM/FM! I get through a season in about 14 hours of playing time. So probably about 7/8 seasons in a real-life month, on average. I'm in 2033 now with a save i've been playing since the World Cup ended in the summer. Waiting for the final patch to move on to FM11...

To answer the OP, a lot of people don't have much of a social life, so spend 12 or more hours a day playing the game!

I'm into my 4th season having clocked up around 4 days of playing. But alot of this was during the first 2 Tests of The Ashes, as I have stayed up to watch most nights and played FM at the same time.

i can't really answer that since i don't do the latter to compare the two. I believe that I do; for example, the attention I pay to exploiting the weaknesses of the opposition seems to pay dividends. I talk to the press about the oppo dangerman - this often puts him under pressure and he under-performs in the game against me. it's deeply satisfying when the player the press identified as the main threat and is the club's top scorer is described as the weakest player on the pitch in the post-match analysis screen. Then when i respond to the oppo motivation widget with my shouts I often see the results. For example, when i see a player is nervous I target play towards him to lure him into a mistake; when one is in danger of being booked I shout to hard tackle him - often resulting in the oppo getting a red card. Similarly I target low bravery players for hard tackles - thank god they're just pixels 'cos the number who get carried off on stretchers is frightening. I can only do this by playing the match on extended highlights and paying close attention to the flow of the match. I make 10-20 shouts per match as I respond to the nature of the game. So yes, I do deeply believe, although I cannot prove, that I get better results. What I can say with total certainty, however, is that I find it a thoroughly satisfying experience to immerse myself in the game. i'm serious when I say it's the depth, not to speed or the titles racked up, that is the real pleasure of FM - for me.

Sounds like you play the game the way I do. I enjoy the depth of the game and getting pulled into it all. I don't understand trying to get through as many seasons as possible as if it's some kind of competition and I definately don't understand holidaying through anything. Doesn't holidaying through it kind of defeat the point of the game? Only time I holiday through it is in the off-season for a couple of weeks - just like a real manager would do.

I try to keep an eye on or get involved in anything I can. I have came up with my own training system for each player (and I look to see how each player is progressing in training every week), as well as my scouts looking for players I look for my own, I Player Chat a good bit, go through the Backroom Advice every day, I get my scouts to scout any players I'm interested in (and that they have recommended) over a course of three matches to see how they play. I even keep an eye on the Match Preparation parts as well and adjust as needed. I go through each of my players when doing the tactics and not just going through the team tactics. During the match I keep an eye on the oppositions formation to see if it changes at all, watch their motivation to see what players to home in on if they are getting nervous or whatever and I keep an eye on my own players as well. I also look at players to Close In on or Hard Tackle as well in pre-match. I also adjust my tactics for anyone who is playing bad or good (and if needed really). I also play the full match as well which allows me to see the whole game and not just the highlights. I also take control of the reserves as well as the Under 19s (as I'm a bit of a control freak :p) but I generally do this because I want to see who is playing well and has a chance of coming up to the first team and who is needing improvement that I can loan out or just get rid of cos they are crap and don't have any real potential.

I keep an eye on the confidence my boardroom has, see how the confidence is affecting the fans (if at all) etc. I also chat to the media about players I'm inetersted in, comments about opposition managers and attend the media conferences. I even look to arrange friendlies for my reserves team.

I can only play the game a few times a week due to other commitments but I enjoy playing the game to the fullest and being involved as much as I can as Manager.

Archived