Should FM have a game difficulty option?

So do people think that Si should add a game difficulty option such as

Easy - AI tactical knowledge is limited , higher transfer budget with clubs, AI more likely to accept transfer bids for key players, board accepts more frequent request, ECT..

Medium - AI has average tactical knowledge , 50/50 with transfer bids accepted/declined same with board requests. and "real life transfer budgets"

Hard, AI has masterful tactical knowledge, less transfer budget. much harder to buy players, and get board to request transfers.

Think you get what am getting at, just i feel if the gamer could select how difficult they wished the game to be, more people would have fun with this GAME,

i feel SI have forgotten that FM is a game and games should be Fun :) ..

It already does. It's the level of experience you set at the beginning. Far easier as an international footballer than as a sunday league player.

yea but this dose not affect the AI on the game with accepting bids as such or the board or AI intelligences as i stated

ime sure if its what the gamers want si should look in to this, i mean am sure that if people were commenting on FM06/07 and saying " hey lets have football agents in the game" am sure back then people would say Noo

never will happen, this is a football management game ect ect....

yes but as i keep saying this has no affect on AI intelligences or More/ Less money with a certain team!

Yes it does. If you're a crap team you'll be most likely playing against teams with worse managers, thus the AI will be most likely less effective and easier to play against.

Having the choice to have more money with teams would just be no fun surely. If you want that you can use the editor, but to just give a club more money to spend would surely require so much work in other areas and just be stupidly unrealistic and no fun at all. If you want to play with less money just spend less or spend less cautiously initially?

Yes it does. If you're a crap team you'll be most likely playing against teams with worse managers, thus the AI will be most likely less effective and easier to play against.

Having the choice to have more money with teams would just be no fun surely. If you want that you can use the editor, but to just give a club more money to spend would surely require so much work in other areas and just be stupidly unrealistic and no fun at all. If you want to play with less money just spend less or spend less cautiously initially?

yes but if you are playing "crap teams" week in week out then its likely you playing with a crap team which as also hard. Even the best championship side can be hard to manage as the championship is

one the most open legues out their. like ive said giving the games the option to use this feature lets people choose if they would like to use it!.. such as many features on the game some people hate them some love them

The only reason why I'm against having difficulty levels is that it would take a lot of time to implement properly which would be probably better spent elsewhere. SI are having a hard time balancing the game as it is, imagine having to do it for multiple difficulty levels.

yes but if you are playing "crap teams" week in week out then its likely you playing with a crap team which as also hard. Even the best championship side can be hard to manage as the championship is

one the most open legues out their. like ive said giving the games the option to use this feature lets people choose if they would like to use it!.. such as many features on the game some people hate them some love them

If you're at that level you can pick a better team, pick a team with more money etc depending on how difficult you want it to be. If you want to be ambitious you can try and sign better players etc..

It wouldn't be a 'feature' - it'd essentially be a whole rewrite of the game code and a change of focus to something CM/FM has never been about. :thdn:

No, and it'd never work. Why have a hard level where the AI has less money for their transfer budget? In England especially they get loads from TV money, sponsorship, selling players, etc. It'd NEVER work. EVER. Also with easy, it'd end up too easy, as you'd be able to pay pennies for good players, you'd win every week, etc. No. Just no. Never. Ever. This option will NEVER be implemented in FM, I'm absolutely 150% certain of that, and it never should be. Ever. Ever.

Quick answer: No.

Long answer: As people have said before, the difficulty level is what team you start with and your past experience you set. The game has been made a lot easier and more accessible over the recent versions with the improvements to scouting and assistant manager feedback, as well as the tactics creator, so there's definitely no need to have it any easier still. If you think it's too easy there's plenty of ways to make it harder for yourself.

I think it should. I don't have time nor inclination for using tens of hours of analyzing statistics and strategies in order to win. As a gamer with limited time, this game is getting too difficult and involves too many annoying details for me to really enjoy.

I think it should. I don't have time nor inclination for using tens of hours of analyzing statistics and strategies in order to win. As a gamer with limited time, this game is getting too difficult and involves too many annoying details for me to really enjoy.

Honestly, it's not that hard to win. Lots of people over-complicate things on these boards. Seriously.

No but can be implemented with FM games to use as games wish

And that is down to the person that makes is not SI. Every time SI patch the game FMRTE is incompatible until Ruci cracks it. SI dont intentionaly leave their game open for the use of 3rd party editing tools.

And that is down to the person that makes is not SI. Every time SI patch the game FMRTE is incompatible until Ruci cracks it. SI dont intentionaly leave their game open for the use of 3rd party editing tools.

True but their is no crack in real life were talking about a a game here people remember that

FM is a simulation; difficulty levels would defeat the point. I'd rather see things properly balanced and intricate features possible to delegate to your backroom staff, to allow everyone to focus on the aspects of FM that they enjoy or opt not to micromanage something they have a hard time getting right.

True but their is no crack in real life were talking about a a game here people remember that

But your using FMRTE in your argument which has nothing whatsoever to do with Football Manager. FMRTE is a 3rd party program which somebody has made to make real time adjustments to the game. Its got nothing to do with SI. If SI wanted people to have a program like that they could easily make one themsleves and include it with the game.

There are already difficulty settings in the game. You can play as Man City with Internation Footballer reputation if you want an easy game. If you want a harder game but still with Man City you would choose Sunday League Footballer. If you want a hard game start unemployed with no reputation or choose a team in a low division. The game can be as easy or as hard as you want to make it. That is whats good about it and why it appeals to so many people.

If you want to win every game and have millions to spend by all means use FMRTE. This is a simulation not a game. If you want a game go and play FIFA Manager.

As the years go by, the more people just can't handle a challenge.

It's in every single game I play - people can't win something immediately, they demand an "EZ Mode".

FM11 is actually one of the easier FM's of recent times. You can actually achieve relative success with a pre-set 4-4-2, especially once the match prep. bars are "Fluid".

In fact, I haven't really gotten into this years FM yet because it's too easy. I'm not being arrogant in saying that as I'm actually running with a pre-set 4-4-2 - my problem is that I'm not finding myself having to do anything other than press "Continue" alot.

If you're really struggling with FM, without being funny I'd suggest CM (because you win whether you like it or not in that game) or FIFA (because you control the action so you don't have to deal with thinking about how the game will handle out-of-form players). FM will never be the game for you if either of those suggestions are attractive to you.

Play as Man Utd then.

I dont over analyse anything playing as Southend and manage to win.

"Everybody" wants the game to be as close to reality as possible, it's a simulator, that said, in real life no coach can choose the level of difficulty they're looking after, they just face it.

Anyway, like many said, picking an A team will easily help you ignore details as statistics, money management, etc... you just buy and play.. and will possibly win.

Archived