I have a Sony Vaio (not sure of the specs but it's very very good), it seemed to handle all leagues ok, but tbh after about a month I restarted minus the likes of Hong Kong and Republic of Ireland etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fabioke:

Thats the way the game should be played. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure?

I don't think it's neccessary.

I have a 2GB dual 2 core laptop and run the following:

Manageable leagues:

England L1-Prem, France top two, Spain top two, Italy top two - they're the only places i'm interested in managing.

Full detail leagues (non-manageable):

Scotland top two leagues, Romania top two, Belgium top two, Holland top only. I do this because these are where my feeder clubs generally end up and the players get better development on full detail, but I don't particularly want to manage in any of these countries. I also put Germany and Portugal on full detail because of regen development, and these countries seem to have quite a lot.

I load all players from Brazil, Argentina and Scandanavia, as this seems to give you some decent youngsters and newgens.

Runs very smoothly, so will probably load a few more leagues next time I start a game.

I have it with all nations on, all manageable with a large data base.

I selected every nation and left the offered leagues of that country as default, except for England where I changed it to Blue Square Northern/Southern Leagues. I like to start off as Harrogate Town.

I've also set all detail to full.

It runs pretty well on my machine, I'd say the longest delay for processing would be about 15-20 seconds. I'm currently 8 seasons in; it did get a little slower once the first season was over, but it hasn't really slowed since then.

Granted, I have built myself a nice machine to run it on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fabioke:

IS there anybody who is capable of playing it with all leagues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any body can load all the leagues as manageable but no body, I guess, has that patient to wait every time you click continue. Unless you have a beast on top of your desk.

I'm currently playing with all leagues manageable on large database. It's slow, but I enjoy playing this way.

When I used to play the game (Years ago) I had an appauling PC and could only run the top two leagues in England on small database. I got used to the processing time and do other things like read books, etc. Currently my game on a much better pc runs about the same speed as that used to. I've never played it any faster, so dont know what I'm missing. Which is fine icon_smile.gif

I have a save game that I'm not playing at the moment, mainly due to the slow progress, with all playable leagues running and a large database. The intention was to manage at least one team in every country. I took an hour and a half to load up.

Anyway, I started off in Brazil at the end of 2006 and it took 3 hours just to complete the 3 week preseason. I left it after completing 6 games. I am not sure how much playing time that was in total though.

I play on my laptop, an Advent with 1Mb of RAM and a 1.6GHz processor.

A top of the range PC should enable you to play all leagues, but it depends on how top of the range you really mean.

I have an Intel quad core Q9450 overclocked to 3.6ghz with 4gig of overclocked pc8500 ram and this will run everything. However, there is still some delay when processing. Most of the time it might only be a second or two, but at the end of the season, for example, it can rise to a minute or two.

To run everything I would recommend an Intel quad core (unfortunatley the new AMD Phenoms are crap) with 4 gig of ram (this game is as ram hungry as it is cpu hungry, especially on vista).

If you are going down the route of a dual core processor then look along the lines of a Intel E8400 or E8500 and overclock the nuts off it.

If money isn't an Issue, then the Intel Skull Trail system is the way to go. You should be able to pick up the motherboard, 2 x QX9775 cpu's and ram for around £3000 - lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

how much is a quad core going to set me back.

one primarily for playing fm on, so i wouldnt want many fancy features on it and dont want my pants pulling down over the price </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can buy an Intel Q6600 processor now for £135.00 - Q6600

Or an Intel Q6700 for £ 175.00 - Q6700

Both of these are extremely good and are superb for overclocking. Another of my PC's has the Q6600 overclocked to 3.8ghz from the factory set 2.4ghz.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Junkhead:

I'm currently playing with all leagues manageable on large database. It's slow, but I enjoy playing this way.

When I used to play the game (Years ago) I had an appauling PC and could only run the top two leagues in England on small database. I got used to the processing time and do other things like read books, etc. Currently my game on a much better pc runs about the same speed as that used to. I've never played it any faster, so dont know what I'm missing. Which is fine icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this.

FM (and CM before it) was quite slow in the beginning. I always used to click "continue" and then go do other stuff like surf the net, play guitar, read something.

When FM08 came, and I got a relatively new processor (P4, 2.8 GHz), the game started being too fast. I click "continue", and a few seconds later the calculations are all done. Way too fast, really. icon_smile.gif

In FM07 I had to run just the Italian and Croatian leagues to keep it at acceptable speeds, but now I can run all the top 5 countries leauges plus the Croatian leagues, at the same speed.

I tried running all the leagues, but it's a bit too slow after all.

I've got a Q6600 running at 2.4ghz, sounds like it need overclocking icon_smile.gif

I started a game last night running every league, all playable, detail set to maximum and a large database.

It is actually playable. Taken an hour to get half way through pre season.

Not sure if I will keep it up but it certainly adds to to the footballing world feel. Loads of transfers going on etc.

It shouldn't be forgotten that SI has made the game much more efficient. I'm never sure when 'end of season' actually is because the processing seems no slower than a busy week. Also save games take relatively little time. It used to take ages.

I'm only using an AMD 3500 with 2 Gig of RAM but I've got a lot of national leagues turned on as manageable and processing times are as good as I've ever known them for FM.

I've used Intel core 2 duo systems and one of those with 2 Gig RAM should give satisfactory processing with many leagues and divisions running. Get one with E6000 series or E8000 for top performance as Mr Waddle says. Get Quad core if you're credit crunch resistant! icon_smile.gif

My issue is that's there's too much to do in the game now and that's what takes the time!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by veston pants:

How do you overclock your CPU? Is it just altering the speeds in the bios or do you need to do somthing else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It can all be done in the bios. There are windows programs that allow you to do it, but I prefer to do it all in the bios.

I would strongly recommend reading up on it (and then some more) before jumping in. Yes, you can get wonderful results from it, but you can also ruin your machine just as quickly.

It requires a lot of patience to get it right. You may also find yourself becoming deeply religious after making changes and hitting 'save and exit'.

Hi guys,

I'm used to playing FM on a slow machine and always play with just the English leagues loaded and a samll database. Even with that I often have to wait a minute or two for it to process.

I'm thinking of buying a Sony VAIO with the following spec:

RAM 2 GB

Cache Memory 2 MB

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo T5450, clocked at 1.66 Ghz

Hard drive 200 GB

If I wanted a game where I had to wait only 10-20 seconds after pressing continue, how many leagues and what size database do you think I could play with?

Thanks in advance for any replies...I'm not very knowledgeable about PC specs

That should be fine Kenny for 6-10 national leagues with the default (game decides) divisions and a large database at reasonable speed.

I'd look to see if you could get a faster processor though, say a T7000 series or one of the latest T8000/ T9000 series (Intel Penryn chips - new this year!). You can balance your finances by looking for a laptop with a smaller hard drive as you'll be paying extra for the large 200Gb drive. Take a look at Lenovo's laptops. It's a Chinese corp I think but they're putting the latest T8000 Intel chips in laptops costing around £500. If you like Vaios then look for something with the T8100 for around £600-700.

Archived