I am sick of it

Are they correctly disallowed?? Its so easy now to rewind and pause the match at the exact point the pass is played - if the decisions are correct/marginal I don't see what the problem is with the game itself...

LOL. Its now averaging at 2 every 3.5 games. Not very realistic IMO

Others will beg to differ however which is fair enough

If you use team tactics where you look for through balls for wingers/strikers to run onto then you will naturally get more offsides than teams that don't.

You also have to consider the ability of your players - Are your midfielders good enough to spot and play those balls early enough? Are your strikers/wingers good enough to time their runs.

• Administrators
If you use team tactics where you look for through balls for wingers/strikers to run onto then you will naturally get more offsides than teams that don't.

You also have to consider the ability of your players - Are your midfielders good enough to spot and play those balls early enough? Are your strikers/wingers good enough to time their runs.

Summed up pretty perfectly to be honest. If you do feel it's excessively the case, please provide as many examples to us via the bugs forum and we can look into it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Make that 2 dissalowed goals in a game. Its ridiculous !

I have seen 3 in one game, all mine :D

However it is not an 'issue' imo, just depends upon the instructions you give your players, and how well the opposition's defence is organised.

If you see that you aren't getting many offsides, try pushing up more or going to attacking formation.

If you are getting a lot, try using something like "work ball into box" and using "standard" strategy.

Summed up pretty perfectly to be honest. If you do feel it's excessively the case, please provide as many examples to us via the bugs forum and we can look into it. Thanks.

This

Jesus....stop moaning!!!

This

I'm sick of it too. Not the disallowed goals, just the whiners who aren't good enough at the game and blame the game rather than examining their own failings.

I'm sick of it too. Not the disallowed goals, just the whiners who aren't good enough at the game and blame the game rather than examining their own failings.

Just wanted to jump on the band-wagon and agree with this.

If your players are getting caught offside alot, then.....it's your tactics :rolleyes:

This

This

I wish these threads would just get closed right away. They are not constructive and most solutions can be found by doing a search.

I think it's pretty obvious what is wrong. SI went too far in fixing the old super keeper problem which resulted in them having to tone down the amount of goals scored. For example, you will see the ball hitting the post or crossbar a ridiculous amount of times and also a fair few disallowed goals.

Basically, there isn't a damn thing you, me or anybody else can do about it, we will just have to wait for the next game, so in the mean time, just deal with it or stop playing.

For the record, I love the game and this doesn't bother me at all, I still win most of the time.

I wish these threads would just get closed right away. They are not constructive and most solutions can be found by doing a search.

I have often tried "search" using both "posts" and "threads", however it brings up pages and pages of threads and posts that have absolutely nothing to do with what I typed in the search.

I think the issue is how long it takes for offside to be given most of the time. If you were to extend this time to real life you'd see alot more dissallowed goals in real life too. Seems like an artificial means of creating suspense. Thats the most frustrating thing for me.

I think it's pretty obvious what is wrong. SI went too far in fixing the old super keeper problem which resulted in them having to tone down the amount of goals scored. For example, you will see the ball hitting the post or crossbar a ridiculous amount of times and also a fair few disallowed goals.

Basically, there isn't a damn thing you, me or anybody else can do about it, we will just have to wait for the next game, so in the mean time, just deal with it or stop playing.

For the record, I love the game and this doesn't bother me at all, I still win most of the time.

Well, posts and crossbars also add suspense :p

Interesting theory though!

(for what it's worth, 1 every 3 games seems a bit on the low side to me, but I have to consider that he just means his own goals - if the AI does the same, that's 2 in 3 already)

Archived