Italy NON-EU rule

Hi,

In the last weeks there a lot of speculation about transfers in Italy, and there are as allways NON-EU players. Now, I read something about the rules for the NON-EU. In Italy you can buy 1+1 players. It means, you can buy the first one. But, if you want to buy one more, you have to sell one NON-EU players from your team. Or, you give him free.

This is the reason for Milan letting Viudez go on free. They bought Thiago, and to have the option for the second NON-EU player (in this case Adiyah) they had to sell one NON-EU player. And it was Viudez.

The second thread, is januar transfer window. Once more Milan, they bought Adiyah, but they have time until the 02.01.2010 to decide who will take the NON-EU player place. It means, if they manage to buy Dzeko or Krasic, they can decide to register them on the free NON-EU place, and Adiyah would be sent on loan to one of they feeder club. Or he will be in Milan, but would be suspended to play matches for Milan until the next transfer window.

It is a fantastic rule. Because it makes Italian football go forward. Just look to England. The big four, can't make a good 11 team. And Italy is on the same way. To much brazilian and argentinian players. So, with this rule, you must look to italian players or europian. They want more Italian players in Serie A, and not only brazilians and argentinas: Milan, Inter.

Just to clarify, you do mean that the big 4 can't make a good 11 out of ENGLISH only players? Or do you mean that they couldn't make a good team if they combined ALL their players?

hehe, sorry, i meant english players. They have to much stranger in the team.

I love Milan, but I don't like to have so much brazilians. I would prefer if they would buy more italian boys. And to do this, the FIGC made this rule for the NON-EU.

It is a fantastic rule. Because it makes Italian football go forward.

Actually that rule means pretty much nothing, because:

1) It still allows Italian sides to sign as many EU players they wish to

2) Almost every South American newcomer can easily get an EU passport. Be it because the signing club takes care of the paperworks, "finding out" Italian/Spanish/Portuguese/whatever EU ancestors (and that's not that difficult for Argentinians and Brazilians), or because the player has already gained an EU citizenship elsewhere... Still I can't think of many new signings being part of the slim non-EU quota

3) There's no limitation to foreign (EU/non-EU) players in a squad or in a matchday selection...

Notice how dominating Inter Milan doesn't have Italian players in the first team, and just Balotelli and Santon have an actual chance of playing.

So, thanks to "easy EU-citizenship", the rule is more or less irrelevant. The non-EU spot gets mostly used for younger players or long-shots.

When they want to sign a Big Name, stay assured he'll come already with an EU passport too...

Speaking of that rule in FM, I think it was there in FM09, as I clearly remember being able to sign more than 2 non-EU players per year, as long as I was planning the signings right

• 4 weeks later...

SI, can you look after this regulation for NON-EU player in Italy?

There is, like I said, the regulation: 1 + 1 NON-EU player.

In the mean time, there is a big discussion about Pandev signing for Inter. Why? When you sign NON-EU player in Italy, there is no problem. But, Pandev was out of contract, so he can't be regard as a Italy player. So he must take a free NON-EU place. And there is the problem. Inter took a NON-EU place in sommer, so for the second NON-EU place: they MUST gave a NON-EU player away. After taking Pandev, they told that it was Maxwell the NON-EU player. But, Maxwell came to Barcelona with a Holland citizenship, so Inter gave not a NON-EU player. And there is the problem.

What I want to say is:

In Italy you have 1 + 1 NON-EU regulation. You can sign the first player. But, for the second NON-EU player you MUST sale or terminate contract (Viudez from Milan) with one NON-EU player from your team. This is why the big teams: Milan, Inter, Juve, Roma, allways sign 2 NON-EU players per season, so that they can gave one away, when they need the second NON-EU place. But you can't sell the NON-EU player in Italy. You must sell him abroad or terminate his contract. Only then, you have a free second NON-EU player place.

Second point: You have used your first NON-EU place in sommer. You sold one NON-EU player, so that you have a free NON-EU place for the january transfer window. Now, in autumn you can buy two NON-EU player, but, when the transfer window begins (3. january), one day after that (4. january) you must confirm by Lega Calcio who will take your NON-EU place. So, you can chose who will be able to play now, and the second player will be suspended until sommer (he will take the free NON-EU place for the next season). Or, beacuse there is a bug in the regulation, you can gave the second NON-EU player to one of your feeder club until 30.06. (you can't get him back, because in that case he will be suspended until the next season, and he will take the free NON-EU place for the next season) and then when you get him back on 01.07. he is coming to you from a Italian club, so he is not more regarded as a NON-EU player transfer. So, for the next season you still have 1 + 1 NON-EU places.

Conclusion:

1. Italy has 1 + 1 NON-EU regulation. To get the second NON-EU player, you must sell one NON-EU from your team.

2. You can buy two NON-EU players in autumn, and at the begin of the transfer window you can decide who will take the second NON-EU place, and who will take the free NON-EU place for the next season (the player will be suspended until 01.07.)

3. You can send the second NON-EU player (the third player in this season) to your feeder club and get him on 01.07. as a normal player, because he is being transfered in Italy and not from abroad in that case. So, for the next season, you have 1 + 1 NON-EU free places.

SI, can you look after this regulation for NON-EU player in Italy?

There is, like I said, the regulation: 1 + 1 NON-EU player.

In the mean time, there is a big discussion about Pandev signing for Inter. Why? When you sign NON-EU player in Italy, there is no problem. But, Pandev was out of contract, so he can't be regard as a Italy player. So he must take a free NON-EU place. And there is the problem. Inter took a NON-EU place in sommer, so for the second NON-EU place: they MUST gave a NON-EU player away. After taking Pandev, they told that it was Maxwell the NON-EU player. But, Maxwell came to Barcelona with a Holland citizenship, so Inter gave not a NON-EU player. And there is the problem.

What I want to say is:

In Italy you have 1 + 1 NON-EU regulation. You can sign the first player. But, for the second NON-EU player you MUST sale or terminate contract (Viudez from Milan) with one NON-EU player from your team. This is why the big teams: Milan, Inter, Juve, Roma, allways sign 2 NON-EU players per season, so that they can gave one away, when they need the second NON-EU place. But you can't sell the NON-EU player in Italy. You must sell him abroad or terminate his contract. Only then, you have a free second NON-EU player place.

Second point: You have used your first NON-EU place in sommer. You sold one NON-EU player, so that you have a free NON-EU place for the january transfer window. Now, in autumn you can buy two NON-EU player, but, when the transfer window begins (3. january), one day after that (4. january) you must confirm by Lega Calcio who will take your NON-EU place. So, you can chose who will be able to play now, and the second player will be suspended until sommer (he will take the free NON-EU place for the next season). Or, beacuse there is a bug in the regulation, you can gave the second NON-EU player to one of your feeder club until 30.06. (you can't get him back, because in that case he will be suspended until the next season, and he will take the free NON-EU place for the next season) and then when you get him back on 01.07. he is coming to you from a Italian club, so he is not more regarded as a NON-EU player transfer. So, for the next season you still have 1 + 1 NON-EU places.

Conclusion:

1. Italy has 1 + 1 NON-EU regulation. To get the second NON-EU player, you must sell one NON-EU from your team.

2. You can buy two NON-EU players in autumn, and at the begin of the transfer window you can decide who will take the second NON-EU place, and who will take the free NON-EU place for the next season (the player will be suspended until 01.07.)

3. You can send the second NON-EU player (the third player in this season) to your feeder club and get him on 01.07. as a normal player, because he is being transfered in Italy and not from abroad in that case. So, for the next season, you have 1 + 1 NON-EU free places.

Not sure what you are saying. As far as I know the rule is right in FM?

As for your earlier point about the big 4 English clubs, you do realise that over the last 3/4 years that more English players have appeared in CL semi finals than any other nation right?

Makes a mockery of your claim.

Isn't there also legislation in Italy that allows you to make transfers where, in order to bypass the foreign non-EU limit, another club makes the signing on your behalf (one who haven't used their quota) and then you agree to sign them in the next window as a domestic transfer?

I was of the understanding that as long as the non-EU player was already in Italy, it did not count towards the Non-EU count!

Thus why, as I said, teams get another to buy from abroad (counting as one of their non-EU players) and then take them from the other team (as a domestic transfer). :p

edgar, let the english player post. This is not the point.

I am talking to put this rule in the 10.3 patch. It is not so hard. You only write the code for this rule that I wrote. 1 + 1 NON-EU. In FM you can sign 2 NON-EU, but that is not right. You have to sell one NON-EU to get the second place.

And yes, there are doing it so. That is what I told in the point 3. They buy 2 NON-EU player, but have only one place. So, they decide who will play, and the second one goes to a feeder club on loan until 30.06. So, when he comes back on 01.07. he is still a NON-EU player, but he is trasnfered in Italy and not from abroad. So, in that case, you still have 1 + 1 NON-EU places for the next season.

Milan wanted to sign Dzeko in january and to let Adiyah go on loan to Cagliari. But, they haven't done the job until 04.january, because on that day you have to decide who will take your second place. And they had to register Adiyah as a NON-EU player. So, Dzeko has to wait until sommer.

Isn't there also legislation in Italy that allows you to make transfers where, in order to bypass the foreign non-EU limit, another club makes the signing on your behalf (one who haven't used their quota) and then you agree to sign them in the next window as a domestic transfer?

This is a must do thing for Italy, this and improve the coownership rule.

Inter and Chievo do this a lot, don't they?

There sure is. The limit for 2 non-EU is only if the players come from abroad (ie. outside of Italy).

Dzeko is Bosnian, and Bosnia is not in the EU (Europen Nation).

The last is Slowenia. Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia are not in the EU. And this is what it count.

Now, you can't sign more then 3 NON-EU players. Why?

I explain you. The first one, you can. The second and the third you can when you sell one NON-EU player in this season. Now, the second one will be signed as a NON-EU player, but the third one will be signed for the next year or he will be given a loan until 01.07. and then he will come back as a NON-EU in Italy and this doesn't count for the NON-EU regulment.

So, why only 3 and not 4? Because, if you can't send your third player to one of your feeder club (the feeder club bought by him self 2 NON-EU players), then he must stay in your team and will take the free NON-EU place for the next season. And then how would you register the fourth NON-EU? The transfer would go down. So that's why they make it in this way. Example Kerlon for Inter. Inter bought him, but didn't register him as they gave him a year lone to Parma. The next year, Kerlon was a Inter player, but he didn't used the NON-EU rule.

Every player, in your team, that doesn't have a EU citizenship (other nationality) is regarded as a NON-EU player. And one of this player MUST be saled or given free transfer, to get the second NON-EU place.

Lega Calcio made this to control in some way the coming of so much stranger. But the clubs get the way around the regulment and make it like Inter - Parma.

Dzeko, can't be bought now. They can only buy him at sommer.

So, how would this works in the game:

You have Milan, you have 1 + 1 NON-EU place. You buy Dzeko (first NON-EU), then you sold a NON-EU player from your team (he must be sold out of Italy) or you gave him a free transfer. Now you have 1 more NON-EU place. You want Dzagoev and Patricio Rodiguez. Now, you buy bought in autumn, and when the transfer window start, you move Rodriguez to a loan to one of your affiliate club (Cagliari) and sign Dzagoev as a NON-EU player. On 01.07. Rodriguez return from his loan to your club, but as a NON-EU player in Italy, and this is free from the regulment.

Or, you let Rodriguez train in your team, he will be suspended until 01.07. (begin of next transfer window and next season) and he will take the first NON-EU place for the next window. So, next season you must send a NON-EU player from your club to get the second NON-EU place. Because the first one is used by Rodriguez.

In this case, Inter will have to sell the half team made by brazilians. They have maybe 4 or 5 italians in the first team.. :) But look on the other side, Juve has about 10-11 italian national players :)

In this case, Inter will have to sell the half team made by brazilians. They have maybe 4 or 5 italians in the first team.. :) But look on the other side, Juve has about 10-11 italian national players :)

Well, all the Brazilians at Inter have double-citizenship, so none of them is, technically, non-EU...

P.S. the least about Juventus (and their italian national players) the better, considering their current embarrassing state of form.

P.P.S. sending the third non-EU player on loan within Italy doesn't count. The rulebook speaks of "contracted abroad".

..... Clearly I need to determine which countries are not part of the EU before I embarass myself even further :p

Lol common misunderstanding, you do know that EU stands for european union right??? all nations in european borders are considered EU members if they have apllied and been approved eg slovenia is the only former yugoslav nation to be granted EU status so the fact that serbia, bosnia etc are in EU doesnt mean that they count as EU players, which is unfortunite beacuse there are lots of quality players at low prices

So, how would this works in the game:

You have Milan, you have 1 + 1 NON-EU place. You buy Dzeko (first NON-EU), then you sold a NON-EU player from your team (he must be sold out of Italy) or you gave him a free transfer. Now you have 1 more NON-EU place. You want Dzagoev and Patricio Rodiguez. Now, you buy bought in autumn, and when the transfer window start, you move Rodriguez to a loan to one of your affiliate club (Cagliari) and sign Dzagoev as a NON-EU player. On 01.07. Rodriguez return from his loan to your club, but as a NON-EU player in Italy, and this is free from the regulment.

Or, you let Rodriguez train in your team, he will be suspended until 01.07. (begin of next transfer window and next season) and he will take the first NON-EU place for the next window. So, next season you must send a NON-EU player from your club to get the second NON-EU place. Because the first one is used by Rodriguez.

If you sign Dzeko, get rid of one non-EU player and then sign for example Rodriguez you cannot sign another non-EU, even if you send him on loan.

The only way to sign both Dzagoev and Rodriguez is to sign personally (for example) Dzagoev and make one of your affiliate with a free non-EU spot sign Rodriguez, then buy it (with a deal already negotiated) from your affiliate in the next transfer window.

Hello, I'm the italian rule manager, the person that tell to SI which italian rules implement and how.

The fact you can every year buy NON EU players coming from abroad is a semplification from the actual rule and will not be changed, cause actual rule is very difficult to implement and can potentially create many problems.

Maybe in future will be discussed the inclusion of taking a third NON Eu player and send him to your feederclub (that is not a rule but a way to evade the actual rules...) and a better implementation of the rules.

In the mean time, there is a big discussion about Pandev signing for Inter. Why? When you sign NON-EU player in Italy, there is no problem. But, Pandev was out of contract, so he can't be regard as a Italy player.

Pandev was released free by an italian club, so it is counting as a NON EU player coming from italy, and should not be counted in the limit of the NON EU player coming from abroad.

I don't understand it why should Pandev be out of the NON-EU rule? When you get free from a club, that means, that you are a free agent, and not a player of the club himself. So, when you are buyed, you are buyed as a free agent, and in the agent list stays that he is a macedonian and this is a NON-EU land. I mean, a free Pandev is a free player, not a free Italian player. I don't get it :) I mean, it is hard for me to understand this rule. Because, I know the rules between Italian clubs, but in this situation, there is no second Italian club. It is only Inter (Italia) and a free player Pandev (Macedonia, NON-EU).

And, what can you do about the rule for the second NON-EU player buy? I mean, to buy the second NON-EU player, you have to sell or get free contract of one NON-EU player from your team. Can you implement that?

I don't understand it why should Pandev be out of the NON-EU rule? When you get free from a club, that means, that you are a free agent, and not a player of the club himself.

You are correct, many italian journalist said the same, but it seems that when you are released from a club, you count as you were playing in the nation where the club as released you.

And, what can you do about the rule for the second NON-EU player buy? I mean, to buy the second NON-EU player, you have to sell or get free contract of one NON-EU player from your team. Can you implement that?

We can try to implement a better rule for FM2011. :)

In one FM we did this rule but we came across some bugs for example Napoli can't get any NON EU player and it was a problem. Maybe for next year revision we will try again for this.

Non-EU players signed from Italian clubs are NOT counted in the non-EU quota.

Pandev, albeit technically a free agent, had his last contract at Lazio, thus he can't be considered as a signing from abroad.

Then, about the "send the surplus non-EU player on loan to a feeder club", as said already, it doesn't work like that [anymore].

The only way to sign a third non-EU player is:

a) selling/loaning one of the two non-EU signings to a club ABROAD

b) having one of the non-EU players become EU citizen

c) releasing one of the non-EU players

Foster

Brown Terry Ferdinand A.Cole

Walcott Lampard Gerrard J.Cole

Rooney Owen

Relating to Ensar's comments saying the big for have no good english players..............

That teams ***** int it

lcutty, look, that was a month ago. This is not the point. And I said it in post 15. So please stop with english national team.

Pandev is a free agent, and I haven't still read about this rule. I mean, I am in Gazzetta dello Sport forum, and I am waiting for Carlo Laudisa answer to this question, because this rule never happend. Because, my knowledge is that when somebody is a free agent, then he is a free agent, and not a free agent from italy. But, like I said, I am waiting for Laudisa answer, and then I will write it here.

Second point, the third transfer. Believe me, you can. I mean, they can (Inter, Juve, Milan, Roma) And they are doing it for years. Just look Kerlon :) Signed from Inter, never place a foot at Milano but went straight to Parma. And then next year he went to Milano, but this time as a normal player, because he changed the team within Italy.

This is the rule taken from FIGC Official Statement #158/A, June 26th 2009.

the limitations do NOT apply to players from non-EU countries who are already contracted to an Italian professional club at the current date

So, since in June 2009 Goran Pandev was contracted to S.S. Lazio, I think we can just stop discussing about that.

Link to the original document [in Italian]: http://www.dirittocalcistico.it/otherside/data/general_stagione/file/FIGCtessstran09-10.pdf

This is the rule taken from FIGC Official Statement #158/A, June 26th 2009.

the limitations do NOT apply to players from non-EU countries who are already contracted to an Italian professional club at the current date

So, since in June 2009 Goran Pandev was contracted to S.S. Lazio, I think we can just stop discussing about that.

Link to the original document [in Italian]: http://www.dirittocalcistico.it/otherside/data/general_stagione/file/FIGCtessstran09-10.pdf

Pandev was out of contract, and in the articel stays no where that a player who is out of contract can be taken out of NON-EU rule.

Pandev was out of contract, and in the articel stays no where that a player who is out of contract can be taken out of NON-EU rule.

It clearly states it, at paragraph F.

"Le limitazioni numeriche di tesseramento [...] non riguardano i calciatori cittadini di paesi non aderenti alla U.E. [...] già tesserati in data odierna in Italia per società professionistiche"

Pandev was under contract at Lazio on June 26th 2009, when the rule was introduced/confirmed, thus he doesn't count as non-EU signing at Inter now.

As mentioned above in the rules.

Any non-eu player (regardless of passport details), that already plys their trade in any of the Italian leagues, can freely move to any other club within Italy. Without clubs needing to have their non-eu spot open in their squad.

The rule only applies to bringing in non-eu players from abroad, in which a club can only sign 1 non-eu player per year. Effectively, 2 a season.

This rule only applies to Serie A though. All leagues lower aren't allowed to sign any non-eu players from abroad. Only those already playing in any of the Italian leagues.

Now that its been made clear, hopefully people understand now.

... until the next transfer window. Because, after that no club has register him, so after the next transfer window he is regarded as NON-EU. On 24.06.2009 if a italian club register you, and in the middle of the season they brake your contract. Now, if you sign to some italian club, you are out of the NON-EU rule. But, if you can't find a club until the next transfer window, then in the next transfer window you are again a NON-EU player, and you are within the NON-EU rule

Archived