Giggs & Raul impossible to transfer

I try to sign Giggs and Raul since FM07 and they don't want to move.

even if their team accepted my offer they just don't want to move. the only way to make them move it's o put them on transfer list (cheating that is). but in a fair way they just don't wanna move!!!!!!

anyone else has try (no by cheating of course)?

Raul won the PL with Tottenham in my save, but as a manager, playing a 4-2-4 :D

Brilliant :D He became my ass man caused a lot of problems with several players disliking him was not amused as his attributes were really quite good he went on to manage Aston Villa with a not so risky 4-5-1 :p

Im trying to sell Gerrerd but he will just not leave. The bugger.

That is IMPOSSIBLE! i try to kick himout ( by cheating just to see) he just don't want to leave and then the all team disliked me and the fans and I got sacked. it's only a year before his retirement that he decided to move to some other club in my FM09.

It is highly unlikely they would move in real life and this is represented in the game.

I don't know about FM2010 yet because I haven't played with Man U yet but it wasn't all that well represented in the previous game. When I eventually got the Man U job both Giggs and Scholes had been sold.

Considering it's highly unlikely for any of us to be managers of top teams in real life in the first place, the game should make it a little easier to sign players that you would get a kick out of. It is supposed to be a fun game after all. There's too much so-called "realism" that just isn't fun. Such as Health and Safety closing down part of your stands, which I was just reading about in another thread. I put realism in inverted commas because nobody really has a clue what Giggs or Raul etc will decide to do in real life in the next few months, at any given moment. But FM seems to know the future and says no chance. By all means make them loyal(-ish) but not impossible to sign.

Considering it's highly unlikely for any of us to be managers of top teams in real life in the first place, the game should make it a little easier to sign players that you would get a kick out of. It is supposed to be a fun game after all. There's too much so-called "realism" that just isn't fun. Such as Health and Safety closing down part of your stands, which I was just reading about in another thread. I put realism in inverted commas because nobody really has a clue what Giggs or Raul etc will decide to do in real life in the next few months, at any given moment. But FM seems to know the future and says no chance. By all means make them loyal(-ish) but not impossible to sign.

I agree with you some ppl here want to have it too real as in real life when there is noway they can be a FM even in a sunday league.

But thanks to Editor you can change it all and do as you wish

FM tries to create a sense of realism, if these big name players are moving around then it spoils the illusion of realism.

I tried the CM demo and was offered Giggs for 1m, even though I was managing Arsenal. I know that's not what you're suggesting, but it's these kind of things that spoil the game IMO.

i want to build a backroom of legends so im waiting on raul to hang up his boots and join chelsea as a coach but he still wont sign even tho he doesnt play at real madrid -.-

Just a note on that... an old legend, Jean-Pierre Papin, is in the game as a player. He came out of retirement age 45 to play for some lowly French team. I got him for Rushden and Diamonds. :D He may be one to look at if you're going for a backroom of legends.

try buying terry, chelsea could accept, then you could offer him 10m a week, he won't budge... in fm09 i used fmrte and bankrupted chelsea, they were relegated from the championship, all the players around him had left, the board kept on continually accepting my offers, he kept on being stubborn and not moving... but i like it... i like that sense of reality... if you ever get to the stage of being able to afford gerrard or lampard, compare the two, lampard won't move but gerrard will

Archived