Tier 8 of English football in FM10?

If the reasearch is anything like CM10s i hope it is never in the original release of FM (modified DBs are fine) as the players are all equally bad, and there is no way to tell between any player in the league (based on the demo, which probs has the final player stats).

• SI Staff

As has already been mentioned, one of the exciting new features in Football Manager 2010 is the ability to activate extra levels in existing leagues and create your own structures for new leagues that are not already in the game.

As has already been mentioned, one of the exciting new features in Football Manager 2010 is the ability to activate extra levels in existing leagues and create your own structures for new leagues that are not already in the game.

Will i be able to create completly NEW league like Bosnian or some other less popular?

I presume people are going to be making step 9 as well aren't they, which I was wondering whether there'd be any point, as unless SI have done some extensive further research into those leagues, generally the teams down there are pretty much empty and as mentioned before, attributes will be pointlessly low, so I think down to the Division 1s of Unibond, Ryman, Zamaretto will be fine and step 9 pointless.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to having these leagues so much, I think I will just make them myself as soon as I get the game, instead of downloading them and I can't help looking through the non league paper, wondering who to manage :D

Would it be possible to make a Scottish "conference" so teams move in/out the League set up?

We currently have no real pyramid system in place and two different "non-league" set ups.....I would love to take Camelon Juniors to the SPL!

You'd have to change the rules so that the relegations and promotions from the SD3 to whatever league match I believe.

• SI Staff
Will i be able to create completly NEW league like Bosnian or some other less popular?

Yes, you most certainly will. In most cases these will already be in the database waiting patiently to be activated.

• SI Staff
Do we need to define the league rules by our selves for those to-be-activated leagues/cups? or those rules will be included in the game?

Yes, all the game currently knows is what is set in the database. So it will know how many teams are meant to be in each league (based on teams assigned to that league in the database) so it will auto complete that for you.

I would like to see Ryman (Isthmian Premier League), UniBond Premier League and Zamaretto Premier League :)?

I think that would be lowest that SI can go, no more than that (maybe one day) UniBond South to manage Sheffield FC :D

Wow. Sheffield FC is the exact reason why I want Football Manager to go down to the 8th teir... Glad we share something in common!

You'd have to change the rules so that the relegations and promotions from the SD3 to whatever league match I believe.

So would we be able to in fact change the rules of leagues already in the league, such as SD3? Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere.

If the answer is yes, would other details of already-playable leagues be allowed to be changed, such as changing the financial system of MLS to more of a European one? (i.e. no salary caps, etc.)

OK, if we basically activate those 8th tier English leagues in the editor, would they automatically be set to feed into the correct leagues? Or is that not already set up? For example if a club from the Unibond got promoted would they go to the BSN or would that need to be adjusted in the rules? Also would that also activate the earlier rounds in the cup?

I'm sure that would be possible jasewood, what is the highest Scottish non-league league anyway, highland league?

The highest league is (deep breath) the Highland League, the East of Scotland Football League and the South of Scotland Football League.

Technically, each is at the same "level", because they cover different areas of the country. There's no real pyramid structure in Scotland though so "highest league" is partially meaningless. The South of Scotland league is the weakest of the three, and even contains Annan Athletic and Stranraer's reserve sides.

There are also the Scottish Junior leagues, which are administered by a different FA. The "Junior" doesn't refer to an age distinction, these are full men's teams. There are three regional leagues for the Juniors, and the winners of each league plus the Scottish Junior Cup enter into the Scottish Cup, thus linking the Juniors into the main football setup in the country. These leagues can also be said to exist at the same "level" as the other three, but aren't part of the SFA.

The only way to enter the SFL is through application, which is open to every single non-league team, regardless of league.

OK, if we basically activate those 8th tier English leagues in the editor, would they automatically be set to feed into the correct leagues? Or is that not already set up? For example if a club from the Unibond got promoted would they go to the BSN or would that need to be adjusted in the rules? Also would that also activate the earlier rounds in the cup?

For the leagues that need activation, I believe the promotion rules should already be set up. They exist in the game in part to ensure the proper teams get promoted into active leagues.

Great question about the cups, though. I would hope at the very least we have the ability to modify the FA Cup to accommodate the new divisions, if the game doesn't already support the earlier rounds.

• SI Staff
For the leagues that need activation, I believe the promotion rules should already be set up. They exist in the game in part to ensure the proper teams get promoted into active leagues.

Great question about the cups, though. I would hope at the very least we have the ability to modify the FA Cup to accommodate the new divisions, if the game doesn't already support the earlier rounds.

You'll have to add number of promotion places when setting up your new competitions.

Archived