Your best bit of wheelin and dealin

I signed a 17 year old AML from Africa for about 75K with add ons total about 200K for Millwall

8 years later and i have managed to squeez £75,000,000 out of Barcelona yes that is £75 MILLION. He had played about 170 games scored about 30 goals for me.

It's really random but I bought Stipe Pletikosa in my second season with Blackpool, for around £2.5mil (which I thought to be a bargain). Two years later, I sold him to Barcelona for £18mil. He was good, but he certainly wasn't that good! lol.

I rarely use the "Offer was too good to turn down" comment, but it really was!

Unfortunately I was left with Ian Walker as my GK though :(

In Northern Ireland, so not very big fees, but I got £250k out of Glentoran plus a centre back who was much better than my current ones for a Left Winger I got for free, and I had a youth player come through ready made to replace him. Easy deal to accept.

I signed a left back from an italian side at the start of the second season, by the start of the third liverpool came knocking with a 19m bid which wasn't bad for a player costing 850k and had only been on 3k a week wages for the last 12 months.

Probably signing Lukman Haruna for about £250k, then selling to AC for £20m + 50% of next sale after only half a season in the first team!

I did also squeeze £27m out of Man City for Steven Defour after a long term injury. I did sign him for around the £10m-£12m mark though.

Not any one specific player but the fact that I've been at the same club for nearly 6 years and have spent a grand total of £24,000 on 31 players. As you can imagine, most of them were free transfers. :o)

I did the old "£40m after 40 league appearances" thing with a 29 yr old Miguel Veloso, sold him 2 seasons later for £50m, making a profit of......... £50m!

The fact that I'd had him earlier in the game, signed him for £10m, sold for £30m meant he made me a overall profit of £70m in one game!

Never really had a player sold for some really crazy money. Think my best bit of bussiness was Obertan, who I got for £20M and sold to Real for £35M after many years of decent service. But he wasn't worth all that though and beeing 28 with a 1-year contract to his name!

Best buy I've done in FM09 was a English regen who I got from Huddersfield for £375K. He is 23 now and a regular RB for England. He is worth £12,75M now. I may have a even better one (I hope) going with a player from Mallorca who cost me only £55K and is already, at 18, worth £2,5M.

was in FM07/08 but Per Weihrauch sp? young right winger from Chelsea youth team in on a free sold to AC Milan 3 seasons later for 12 million. Not bad for a free transfer considering he also got my Notts Forest team into the premiership

On FM 2008, I signed a Bolivain centre midfielder named Hector Arce (Regen) from The Strongest for £3k, for my Aston Villa side. He got a work permit (don't know how!?) but he was a revalation in the Premiership! Had him for two seasons and just after he turned 22, I sold him to Liverpool for £31m!

Not necessarily wheeling but very satisfying dealing, sold a regen DM (England 2nd choice) to Arsenal's new tycoon for £25m and promptly bought the England 1st choice (younger and better in every department) for the same £25m; thanks for the free upgrade lads...

In my first season in the EPL I signed a Spanish regen midfielder from Rapid Wien for AU$15mil. After 2 average seasons at the club (av. rating 6.95) he burst onto the international scene in the World Cup, being named player of the tournament. Liverpool came calling and we settled for $110mil.

I also signed a young Uruguayan striker in my 2nd season for 8mil, and after an impressive 14 goals in 28 appearances, I got $115mil out of Man City when they expressed an interest :D

Both these sales were within about a week of each other so my bank balance increased 10 fold

I signed a regen from bohemians for free, 20 goals in 20 games later I sold him to Spurs for 25m, James Gardner he was called and had the best stats in the world even at Bohemians, I was only Colchester but he got me promoted to the premiership with those 20 goals. The money helped me finish 13th, best signing and sale I ever made.

Never underestimate the Irish youth,

A player who came through my youth ranks at Afturelding, I managed to get £4m upfront then another £2.5m as 50% of his next transfer fee. That's a fair amount of money in Icelandic football, seeing as at the time I was the only team to have spent anything at all on transfers.

Archived