Be the chairman ?

You could do ticket prices, build stadiums ,shops ,training etc.. Get feeder clubs, hire youth coaches, put money into the club. Sell the club, buy another club, sack hire managers.

It would be brilliant !

You could do ticket prices, build stadiums ,shops ,training etc.. Get feeder clubs, hire youth coaches, put money into the club. Sell the club, buy another club, sack hire managers.

It would be boring & rubbish

Corrected it for you ;)

It would be brilliant !

Ticket prices would take a minute to set

A stadium build would just be choosing capacity over price probably

Training would be the manager's job

Surely you'd put all of your money into the club, given that it's not real life and the club's all you have?

Selling the club would take a minute

Buying the club would probably have a flawed system in which you make an offer, and the chairman refuses to budge and sets a ridiculously high fee :p

To be honest, none of these suggestions are time consuming (or particularly fun) and there is no way that Football Chairman would have any longevity whatsoever...

It would be brilliant !

A Manager can already hire youth coaches and select feeder clubs so what would be the point of the chairman doing this? As for selling the club, putting money in and buying another club I think you want a different game because its been said many times then these features will not appear in any version of FM. I think you should perhaps try something like Total Club Manager which I believe allows you to do the kind of things you want.

Personally i believe the chairman idea to be a rather pointless waste of time, however there is always someone on here mentioning it, so maybe there is scope for a game to be made and targeted at this market?

But I would prefer SI just did FM and this game sorted by someone else!

Naff idea, been said before that this is Football Manager, not Football Chairman. You'd have very little to do, all you'd do is set some prices (very quick), maybe build a stadium (very quick to sort that), and that's about it, and you'd have absolutely no input on the day of a game, you couldn't go out and buy players and negotiate etc. Total waste of time. The game would basically be over within 5mins.

As much as its a silly idea now, I still have friends who say "why would you want to be manager you cant control the players".

And I bet there was a time that people laughed about being a manager. Of course someones got to put a lot of ideas in though to make it worthwile.

As much as I would support a new forum rule prohibting this suggestion, it is obvious that this featrure is only suggested on top of what we already have. It is usually even obvious to those who suggest it (and therefore unnecessary to argue) that a pure chairman game would be boring as hell.

Yet, seeing this exists in many other footie management sims, especially those from the German 'school', I'd like to recommend the OP to try one of those. I think even FIFA manager must have many of the desired options (not the selling a club one though).

I don't believe that turning FM into anything like that would benefit anyone. FM should remain FM, the others should remain what they are.

Didn't they release something like this in 1996?

Wasn't it awful...

Why would you want to waste £20/30 for 10mins fun.

Last version of this type of game I know of was 2001.

directoroffootball.jpg

I don't think I even got halfway through the first season.

Last version of this type of game I know of was 2001.

directoroffootball.jpg

I don't think I even got halfway through the first season.

lol, it's currently out of stock on Gameseek, this thread must have prompted a mass panic buy!

I might get myself a copy, judging from this glowing review from Adam in Yorkshire:

"This game is THE best ever football management simulator, of all time. Ally McCoist should be knighted for his services to football management simulation games, as this is a truly memorable game. Awesome to the max"

that cover made me LOL for real

actually a director of football game wouldn;t be too bad. You scout players, make up shortlists. Argue with the manager over transfer targets. Invest in a youth squad, hire scouts, have meetings with the chairman. Oh wait, all the fun stuff iv listen you can already do.

It would be brilliant !

No. No. No. No. No.No. Non. Nein. No. No. No. How many times does this idea have to be laughed at, shot down, mocked, ridiculed etc before these people realise that it isn't happening? Whispers "The game is called..FOOTBALL MANAGER Last time I checked that invovled management.

Good god - how many dumb arses have to raise this! It will not happen as it is pointless and boring!

Although I agree that the suggestion would be tedious, that doesn't necessarily make the OP a dumbass. How boring the world would be if we all agreed on everything and wanted the exact same things.

Good god - how many dumb arses have to raise this! It will not happen as it is pointless and boring!

You get me. I can see the scenario:

Gamer buys a new training ground.

Gamer buys 100 new Academies in Africa

Gamer buys new 200000 seater stadium.

Gamer sells club.

Gamer buys new club and decides he doesn't want to do exactly the same thing again.

Gamer sells game.

Is Ally McCoist poor? he always puts his image and name to **** games.

As said in many threads these features will never be in Football Manager. But...... with FM wanting to be realistic will they allow Directors of Football/Chairmen buy players and/or agree wages and fees for players you pick? which I think even though it is realistic it would take something away and not make FM any better.

Funny thing is having looked around the Web many people want a game like this. I think it could be because they want to build from the ground up.

Anyone remember Let's Make a Soccer team :) I liked it but it was Hard, if it was made better I would of keeped it. It did quite well in asia I think made by Sega as well :D

Archived