The Inevitable "This Save Is Getting Boring" Question

What Should I Do?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What Should I Do?

• Stick With It, Despite The Boredom
    • Start A New Game (With The Club I Provide)
    • Start A New Game, With The Club Of Your Choice
    • Set Yourself A Personal Challenge In The Game, And See How Long It Takes To Complete

Guys i need some help, when i first bought FM i could only last 2 seasons on my first save at Rangers, before getting bored, then at Rushden, i lasted half a season, and moving clubs didnt help either.

Then i decided to try and save Stoke, because of what ive heard it was very hard, this helped, as i was sucked in after a couple of seasons, and i couldnt stop playing, and after a long career, and going to several clubs, i am now manager of Wycombe, won the premiership back to back, won the ECL, and every cup in England, but now, in late 2022, i'm bored of it.

I cant find anything to keep me going, regens have almost completely taken over, and its just getting repetitive, last night i decided to leave wycombe and try my luck in Accrington, but after 2 games i was bored!

What should i do guys? Please answer the poll, as every vote counts, and i really want to enjoy FM again.

Cheers Guys

J

I get bored rather quickly - so I've started playing online with two of my friends(we would have more, but it's difficult to get all 5/6 of us on at one time).

Anyway, I went Sunderland, my friend went Wigan, and the other went Fulham.

It was going fine. Then after about 6 games, my friend came from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 at the Emirates. He told me to save, and I forgot.

My FM then crashed in the middle of my game with Villa, and he was raging. So we got bored of fighting relegation.

Now, we've decided to take over Inter(me), Juventus(the Fulham guy) and AC Milan(the Wigan guy).

I'm just beginning to wonder how long it will take before we all get, ultimately, bored.

Hopefully the rivalry between the three of us, and the hope that we can get the boasting rights of winning the Serie A will be enough to keep the passion there for us...

Oh, right, I'm ranting on...

Yeah, my original point was - if you've got a few friends, or even just one other friend with the game, you should try an online match with them.

Take the two biggest team in that league; Chelsea/United, Inter/Juve, Barca/Réal etc.

And it should provide some interesting entertainment.

Just make sure your friend is good at the game. Otherwise it will also become boring rather quickly. ;)

I know its not one of the options in the poll but my advice would be take a break from the game for a few days maybe a week, crazy i know, he he.

You will soon feel the Manager Bug (as i call it) and you would of had a break from your current save so you should be able to start a new save easier.

well actually madmike (Not having a go) its the opposite i found, i was addicted because i was always playing, i had a week off whilst i revised my lines for my drama exam (nailed it!) and now its over, i cant get back in :(

Go for a personal challenge. :cool:

Nep's Youth Project is also helpful. The thing keeping me playing in my Real Oviedo save is getting HOF Youth Players. :D

If you do to try a new save though, Asia's calling you...

thanks for the replies guys, nice to see a mod helping out to :)

also dafuge: My personal challenge on my game was to become a favored personnel at a club, but its too hard :(

Depends who you manage, I got on the list after just one season with Dartford :cool:

If possible rejoin your old clubs and bring them back to glory (if not, retire you manager and come back as his son and take them over).

If i ever leave Rangers i fully intend to go back to them later on and make sure they win more trophies.

It's impossible to rejoin your old club once you leave. You're on their hated list after you leave. :(

Why is that implemented into the game I don't know...

The longer you play the game more you feel an affinity between yourself and the save. The more seasons you get through the closer you feel to the squad.

Stick with it :thup:

Yeah, I mistakenly left Grasshopper for Liverpool on an earlier save, only to find that it was nowhere near as much fun and that I kind of missed the team I'd developed for five seasons. I saved prior to taking the job, but when I reloaded I didn't have the affinity with that team that I once had...so I had no choice but to start completely over.

I think taking charge of a team you follow really closely is sometimes the kiss of death, to be honest.

if anyones interested heres what i am now doing:

Went to kidderminster, got bored so messed around on the data editor, was fun, then i saw "Free All Players"

awesome decision!

I'm managing Stoke (Again) trying to build a dream team, its really interesting watching the players go to clubs, that in real life you wouldnt even imagine it! Great fun!

Archived