Injury time is ridiculous

It was awful before the patch, it seems to be just as bad now - At least 50% of my games have 5 minutes added on at the end which is far too long, also - why do they always play over the amount of time, with games regularly going two minutes longer than it should.

What about this from my most recent game:

addedtime.jpg

w1680.png

Apparantly there was 2 minutes of injury time, yet we played till the 98th minute? They scored in the 96th minute, why on earth would he play on another 3 minutes after the goal? To cap it all off my star striker gets injured after getting snapped in the 98th minute?

It was awful before the patch, it seems to be just as bad now - At least 50% of my games have 5 minutes added on at the end which is far too long, also - why do they always play over the amount of time, with games regularly going two minutes longer than it should.

What about this from my most recent game:

[images cut out]

Apparantly there was 2 minutes of injury time, yet we played till the 98th minute? They scored in the 96th minute, why on earth would he play on another 3 minutes after the goal? To cap it all off my star striker gets injured after getting snapped in the 98th minute?

Please do not swear. It is not allowed. I have edited it out for you, please bear this in mind in future. Here are our rules. Cheers.

Yeah I've had no problems with injury time at all in 9.3.0.

IIRC the MK Dons - Leicester game at the weekend was given 5mins injury time by the 4th official and the game didn't end until the 100th minute. To make it even worse (for Di Matteo) Leicester equalised in the 97th minute to make it 2-2 :eek: So it just shows you it does happen (very rarely) irl.

No problem as far as I can see.

The time alotted for injury time is "a minimum of x number of minutes to be added on", meaning it can of course go on for longer. And a bad inury resulting in a lengthy stoppeage, or a goal, would result in longer stoppage time.

• SI Staff

Oddly enough, in the last days of 9.3 beta the debate was whether we had cut it down too much, with some games now seeing 1 minute added in the second half....

;)

I've noticed a huge improvement in 9.3...I had several instances similar to the OP with 9.2, but nothing really similar with 9.3. The worst one I rememer was +3 minutes of stoppage time ending after 95:00, but I do believe there was an injury during this...

I played three games last night. The most amount of injury time I had was three minutes. I know three games isn't enough to make any assertions, but prior to the latest patch, I would not have expected injury time to be below four minutes in any of those matches.

I don't know how many are aware of this, but the number of minutes indicated is actually denoting the minimum amount of added time after the game.

In short, it can be more, but it can't be less.

Good post - Yes, that often gets forgotten. If 3 minutes is shown on the board, it doesn't mean that exactly 3 will be played, just a minimum of - the stadium announcer will normally say as much. You could well end up with stoppage time within stoppage time, if a player gets injured for example, which means you'll end up playing more...cue 97th minute equaliser!

Good post - Yes, that often gets forgotten. If 3 minutes is shown on the board, it doesn't mean that exactly 3 will be played, just a minimum of - the stadium announcer will normally say as much. You could well end up with stoppage time within stoppage time, if a player gets injured for example, which means you'll end up playing more...cue 97th minute equaliser!

The only problem with that reasoning, though, is that +3 minutes indicates that it will be less than 4, otherwise the ref would indicate a minimum of 4 minutes to be added on. Fortunately, barring an injury in stoppage time SI seems to have fixed this bug in my experience so far.

I don't have regular problems, generally get 4 minutes (or the Norwich are winning 1-0 so the ref gives loads of injury time for no reason time as it is more commonly known!!!), anyway in one game, despite there being no injuries whatsoever, I had 10 minutes added on at the end!!!!

That is quite true, mate!

Regarding the screenshot from the OP, I would imagine that each of the incidents which happened during injury time caused a little more injury time to be added. Also if either of the two managers were using a lot of time-wasting then perhaps the referee (game engine) would take this into account and add on more.

These are just speculative guesses, I have no idea if I am correct.

Oddly enough, in the last days of 9.3 beta the debate was whether we had cut it down too much, with some games now seeing 1 minute added in the second half....

;)

Ho ho ho wink wink wink!!!

Jesus.

ANyway, it seems about right on mine, but yes, quite often too much gets added on top of it. Usually it'll be because SOMEBODY IS PROTESTING FURIOUSLY and then standing around for a full minute while the referee decides whether to book anyone for dissent.

Archived