** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

Hi there, im using the Eagle tactic tweaked by someone in this thread (Redhotwax i think) with my Brondby side, in four seasons ive won the league 3 times and the league cup once, currently in my 5th season and with some extraordinary results in europe:

th_25024_championstable_122_649lo.JPG

My most important win in europe so far with Brondby :D :

th_25129_interaway_122_732lo.JPG

im using the tactic home and away, with opposition instructions.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tyler

I really need some help

With this tactic i have had no sucsess what so ever

I can see it is a good tactic as ive had random wins over manchester united and arsenal.. but ive also had loss's against west brom and other poor sides.

Im playing with a very good west ham team.. but i cant seem to be able to get anywhere higher then 12th spot

Ive finished 12th over the last 3or4 seasons with this tactic

Screen shot of my team/squad: http://i42.tinypic.com/wiooq9.jpg

League: http://i41.tinypic.com/29xdbsx.jpg

Fixtures: http://i41.tinypic.com/wk06k3.jpg

I dont know if its my players, or what

I use an away tactic with the lowerd mentality and tempo but still no results

Im still useing the first eagle tactic in the OP.. i dont know if theres any newer that anyone could link me to?

if its my players.. please reccomend some players that are better in any of the posistions

This tactic has given me some good wins so i can see it definetly has potential

Please giv' us some help

thanks alot

Joe

RobertGee, did you change the tactic for away matches at all. Am playing AFC Wimbledon in my 1st season and despite being favourites to walk the league am struggling a bit, did you have any problems with lower league players low stamina and technical ability? I seem to get lots of chances but only 5% are on target and therefore lose games i am dominating!

No I kept the tactic the same and didn't change a thing. Used the team talks similar to those suggested by Tyler and went from there.

As I got a better standard of player in I gave the strikers instructions to swap positions with each other and have done the same recently with my 2 center mids as well.

Dont worry too much about the players ability. If you can sign players with half decent stats to fit in with the requirements of the positions as stated in the opening post you will be laughing e.g you don't need to have a striker with 20 for dribbling and pace in the blue square, just get the best you can afford.

Ive been playing this tactic for a while now with my brighton game and had good success at home , on the other hand my away games are very hit and miss and have cost me points thats i shouldnt of lost against weaker teams. Has anyone had any problems like this and made any changes ?????

Ive done everything that it says on the opening post as well

Thanks

So, which should we use? Piranha V6 or Eagle?

Well in my opinion, V6. I've tried eagle but i just can't get on with it home or away. Also i like to play 4-4-2. Against top opposition i would use eagle i suppose.

Ive been playing this tactic for a while now with my brighton game and had good success at home , on the other hand my away games are very hit and miss and have cost me points thats i shouldnt of lost against weaker teams. Has anyone had any problems like this and made any changes ?????

Ive done everything that it says on the opening post as well

Thanks

I've been having these problems from the start. As far as i'm concerned, whatever tactic you use away from home just seems a bit dodgy. I think it's down to the game rather than your tactics.

Can someone link to me the newest tactics? and tell me how you have been useing them?

I cant find them looking through this whole thing and when i do there on filefront.. and i cant upload from there :|

Please? thanks

Everyones useing v4 and v5 arnt they?

I didnt see :$

Downloading now haha

Is the tweaked one the recomended?

The tweaked eagle-version is pretty good. Using it with my Villa and it's working. Very good defensivly although it creates allot of chances. For somehow i have problems when I am away. Often 0-0 (doesn't matter what team I'm against). Unless its a European Cup-match which I am flying through (CL: 6 games 6 won). As the discussion said earlier, this is probably a "gameissue" rather than a "tacticissue". But if someone have any clue how to deal with this problem I am the first to say thanks if someone wants to reveal "the truth"....

My first-eleven:

Kameni

K.Touré - C.Davies - Zapata - Balzaretti

Makoun

Veloso - Barry(Senna/Youldoshev(Regen))

Balotelli - Marquinhos

Hulk/Pandev

The tweaked eagle-version is pretty good. Using it with my Villa and it's working. Very good defensivly although it creates allot of chances. For somehow i have problems when I am away. Often 0-0 (doesn't matter what team I'm against). As the discussion said earlier, this is probably a "gameissue" rather than a "tacticissue". But if someone have any clue how to deal with this problem I am the first to say thanks if someone wants to reveal "the truth"....

My first-eleven:

Kameni

K.Touré - C.Davies - Zapata - Balzaretti

Makoun

Veloso - Barry(Senna/Youldoshev(Regen))

Balotelli - Marquinhos

Hulk/Pandev

Im having the same problem

Im playing with a strong west ham side.. finish 12th every season

Right, I've decided to start a new career. I was unemployed for 6 month until i decided to take a job with Partick Thistle in the scottish first division. The prediction was to finish 4th. I took over in october and they were bottom of the league and 3 points adrift. I've got a budget of 1K but i do have a few loan signings already in. I decided to go with piranha V6 tactic because i just can't get along with 1 upfront. These are my results so far:-

Dundee 3 Partick 1

Dunfermline 2 Partick 2

Partick 3 Livingston 1

Airdrie 0 Partick 0

Partick 3 Queen of south 1

I must say that it's not to bad at the moment and i've climbed to 7th in the league. I'll keep you posted.

- raise the CF for all the players exept the CB and the GK

How much do I raise it?

- direct passing for everybody but the CB

How direct? I mean how many clicks...

I applied these changes to the Eagle with DMC tweak and tried it for away games - no effect. :( Still get completely dominated in away matches.

At home I seem to be doing worse with these tweaks...

(Despite result) -5 'Disappointed', +8 'Delighted'. 5.0 to 7.9: (Team) 'Well done/Good effort, etc'.

in terms of praise/no praise are the points highlighted above for each individual player or is there a team rating im unaware of **just started with FM after a 5 year absence!!**

and where the hell does it tell me how gelled my team are?

Hey Everyone

I have tweaked the V6 version and here are my results:

fmmadridligasmall.jpg

Now, I know that I have a superior team. But still: 123 goals and only 11 conceded?

The three games that I drew were games I should have won but couldn't find the net or the other team scored their only shot.

Below you will find screenshots of: Home page, David Villa (who scored 83 goals) and Vagner love their scoring records.

fmmadridhome.th.jpg fmmadridvilla.th.jpg fmmadridlove.th.jpg

Download: http://files.filefront.com/Real+sweeper+R+Madrid+Se9tac/;13902003;/fileinfo.html

You can always PM me with questions etc

I am in my second season in the EPL with Norwich (promoted from championship on second season using piranah home and away), this time I used piranah at home and Eagle (red hot wax version) away. My away results were much better this year, overall they were the second best in the league behind arsenal.

I finished 7th in EPL which im pleased with, with Norwich. Obviously norwich cant attract the calibre of player to title challenge yet, but with another couple of seasons it might be possible.

Hopefully this shows that these tactics do work with weaker teams, if you give it time and build a squad with the right attributes.

I still struggle away on long pitches though.

ps- Makelele above- nice results- what tweaks did you make, i would certainly be interested to know? All good and well with Real Madrid though, not sure how it would work with norwich!

Now, Like I said, I know that I am Real madrid. I have world class players to my disposal so I can try some things. I've only applied these settings knowing that my players are indeed world class.

I took the V6 tactic from the OP and changed these settings:

- Defensive line: all the way to the right (20) + tick 'play offside'

- I'm a fan of swapping players and since I have the quality of players to do this: my 2 wingers interchange positions (made sure they can play on both wings), my 2 central midfielders swap positions and finally my 2 strikers

- I've changed the creative freedom of my strikers to max (20) and put one of them on free role (+ the swap position from above)

- also i've changed the DC settings a little bit: 1 dc is on easy tackling and 6 closing down, the other one is on Hard tackling and 15 closing down.

- I don't know if this has anny effect: I've listed Villa in the target man list, but have not ticked the 'use targetman' option.

- I also tend to use OI sometimes.

I think that's about it ...

Now, Like I said, I know that I am Real madrid. I have world class players to my disposal so I can try some things. I've only applied these settings knowing that my players are indeed world class.

- I'm a fan of swapping players and since I have the quality of players to do this: my 2 wingers interchange positions (made sure they can play on both wings), my 2 central midfielders swap positions and finally my 2 strikers

- I've changed the creative freedom of my strikers to max (20) and put one of them on free role (+ the swap position from above)

- also i've changed the DC settings a little bit: 1 dc is on easy tackling and 6 closing down, the other one is on Hard tackling and 15 closing down.

- I don't know if this has anny effect: I've listed Villa in the target man list, but have not ticked the 'use targetman' option.

Which one of your strikers had the free role Villa or Love,And was Villa on the left or right.

I have my two cms and strikers with swap positions in league 1 in England as AFC Telford and agree it works a treat. I had a striker who hadnt scored in 12 games who I was thinking of selling nd then when my star striker got crocked for 3 months I had to play him and with the new switch positions he scored 14 goals in 12 games.

Sorry also did you use this system home and away.

It doesnt matter on what side you put the striker or to who you assign the free role. Like I mentioned; I use swap positions between the strikers. This means that at one point in the game Vagner love is the one with the free role, and at some other point it's Villa.

I have my two cms and strikers with swap positions in league 1 in England as AFC Telford and agree it works a treat. I had a striker who hadnt scored in 12 games who I was thinking of selling nd then when my star striker got crocked for 3 months I had to play him and with the new switch positions he scored 14 goals in 12 games.

Yeah I know, it works a treat! I'm glad I'm not the only one having succes with it.

makalele, is your tactic have any different requirments than the origanel eagle tactic??

ie. need fast striker??

need fast defenders??

great work mate!

Yeah you can use the requirements in the OP as a guideline. I always have my own preferences though (I'm big fan of good mental stats).

I really cant guarantee it works for any other team... I have world class players at my disposal. But still, the results are phenomenal.

Makelele, what opposition instructions did you use?

For the use of opposition instructions I will refer you to: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=124064

Great makelele thanks, currently at the end of the second season with Villa, so I'll try it from the beginning of the third and let you know how it goes. As for the opposition instructions, that thread is great, makes the whole process a lot easier.

Hey Everyone

I have tweaked the V6 version and here are my results:

fmmadridligasmall.jpg

Now, I know that I have a superior team. But still: 123 goals and only 11 conceded?

The three games that I drew were games I should have won but couldn't find the net or the other team scored their only shot.

Below you will find screenshots of: Home page, David Villa (who scored 83 goals) and Vagner love their scoring records.

fmmadridhome.th.jpg fmmadridvilla.th.jpg fmmadridlove.th.jpg

Download: http://files.filefront.com/Real+sweeper+R+Madrid+Se9tac/;13902003;/fileinfo.html

You can always PM me with questions etc

I am going to show my progress with this tactic.

Help,

I have started a new season with V6 Piranha and I can't win away that so annoying compared to home matches ... The more agressive I try to play, the worst it is...

I'm dominated, always... There is a problem somewhere but I don't know what to do with the defensive line etc...

thanks

Yes.

But, again, this is only if you have a talented squad.

V6's settings works well for lower-tiered squads. I tweaked the settings to allow a much more talented team more freedom.

I basically set the Centerbacks and Fullbacks to short passing, and set the Midfielders, Wingers and Strikers to direct passing. I gave creative freedom to the front 6 (MR,ML,MC,MC,ST,ST)

I tweaked tempo to slow, to allow for buildup.

I also added a barrow for one striker, and removed his hold ball.

Use the home tactic for matches that favor you to win.

Use the away tactic for all away matches and matches at home that have you as the underdog.

http://h1.ripway.com/NeonChaos/TB-V6-PIRANHA-MEATLOAF-AWAY.tac

http://h1.ripway.com/NeonChaos/TB-V6-PIRANHA-MEATLOAF-HOME.tac

Again, you have to have a talented team to use this tactic. Training is similar to TB's.

I have tried your tweaked tactics with Feyenoord, and they seem to work very well indeed. The HOME tactic I use both home and away against most all opponents, and especially against weaker opponents the matches are a joy to behold. The AWAY one I only use against world-class teams. I do seem to bleed a lot of goals in those matches (even with CB's pressing way down) but compensate by usually scoring more than them (a typical match would be 3-4 at Bayern ^^) Key to these matches are the LB, RB, ML and MR positions. If you use good wingers in those positions they will win you the game.

In the opening post, Tylerbode states that under preferred move training that MCs should try long shots. However, this isn't a requirement in the Main attributes for each position so my question is, do you tell the players to try long shots even if their stats are not that great for this particular attribute?

Carlos

Makalele, Do we have to lower the team mentality for away games????

I almost never lower mentality. I will only lower mentality near the end of a match or when I'm getting outplayed.

I usually dominate all games. Home and away, doesn't matter if it's versus weaker sides or top class sides.