Fm21 touch

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

No, it's still set for Dec 1st. No other info so far.

So the game is supposedly just over a week away, and there is no info on the game whatsoever, and this is somehow deemed acceptable.....

26 minutes ago, Footix said:

- no beta

- no discount for early purchase

- delayed release

- no info

Do SI even want customers for FMT? Doesn't seem like they care much.

Exactly, at this rate it never even come out, or at least not on time....

To be fair, it's pretty much what happen last year. 

The truth is, there's not much to announce in FMT, apart from the compatibility list for android/ios, because 90% of the new features in FMT come from FM and already been announced by SI. 

I don't remember the last new feature, exclusive to the FMT, that was announced. Things like the editor, more nations, revamp training (with a little more detail), and so on. 

In terms of the compatibility list I understand that is something that will always be announced very close to the release date, because of all the tests they need to do. 

Edited by Keyzer Soze

You do feel a little like second-class citizens for playing FM Classic (why do they call it Touch, even? Surely it should be distinguished from the mobile versions?)

Still can't edit databases. We know they use .edt files because in previous versions you could see that .edt files were used to apply transfer window updates.

Sigh.

They were purposefully vague with the pre-orders, too. When it comes bundled with the full fat version, and it says 'early access starts two weeks before lunch', it does kinda sound like it means for either version.

1 hour ago, Keyzer Soze said:

The truth is, there's not much to announce in FMT, apart from the compatibility list for android/ios, because 90% of the new features in FMT come from FM and already been announced by SI. 

Yeah, but some features will be copied across and others won't. Some may be tweaked slightly to fit better with the 'Touch' concept of quicker gameplay. 

Would have been nice to know what's coming. 

2 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

To be fair, it's pretty much what happen last year. 

I don't remember the last new feature, exclusive to the FMT, that was announced. Things like the editor, more nations, revamp training (with a little more detail), and so on. 

In terms of the compatibility list I understand that is something that will always be announced very close to the release date, because of all the tests they need to do. 

To be fair, last year and the years before that, the PC and Mac platform we had the right to play Beta along side the big brother FM. This year was different due to Pandemic (what SI officially told).

Also we all know that most of the new features for FMT is the new features of FM, most of them tone down, others not included due to going against the vision for FMT (what SI officially told). The last new features introduced exclusive to FMT, that I remember is the dodgy lasagna, in 2014 or so. But what does exactly tell us? nothing, really... It may mean that new features of FMT is exactly the same as FM, so it would be wast of time to make a announcements of what it was already told us... but it also mean that FMT is far down to their priority development, that they don't really bother with it.

If this was a normal year, we would have FMT beta, like we normally have, maybe 1 or 3 days later the Beta then then FM beta, but... it isn't a normal year, this pandemic as thrown a chaos in our lives, with unwanted deaths, and sending us to mainly live confined in our homes, destroying nations economy and businesses. But also is forcing business, like SI, with little resources and forced to work from home, making difficult to develop computer games, thus forcing developers prioritising which games should be prioritise. In the case of SI, of course their priority was and still is FM, no question about that. I even know that FMT is low priority in SI books, since around FM14 and 15, since it was there we had marketing has shifted to Touch and it was demoted in a way that it marketed, since around that time we have only been promoted in a simple blog post each year. Also the branding of FMT as an easy mode and the lack of correction from Si's part (aside from several statements from Lucas), doesn't help to send a message that FMT is low priority game.

What really, really show me that FMT is footnote to SI priority list, is the delay debacle (not really debacle when few handfuls of peasants (me has one) were angry about it and simple explanation and a quick apologise was enough to dismiss the angry crowd), with no apology stated in any of their Social Media. I think it really, really, really see that SI is itching to do away with FMT in the PC and Mac (who, where actually affected by the delay stuff, since they were the ones expecting for the Beta). Well folks, pack your bags, if this isn't a clue that SI doesn't really care about us, not sure what will. I'm not being negative, I'm actually a positive person, since I'm the one was eagerly exited each year for FMT editor, but I think we need face facts and need to be realistic, that FMT is on the way out.

As for compatibility list, they usually release 1 to 3 days before release, so be patient.

Edited by grade

So we're due to get info in the near future, going by history. The info comes out 'late' but that's not a bad thing. It's in an effort to make sure it's compatible on as many devices as possible. :thup:

9 hours ago, grade said:

To be fair, last year and the years before that, the PC and Mac platform we had the right to play Beta along side the big brother FM. This year was different due to Pandemic (what SI officially told).

Also we all know that most of the new features for FMT is the new features of FM, most of them tone down, others not included due to going against the vision for FMT (what SI officially told). The last new features introduced exclusive to FMT, that I remember is the dodgy lasagna, in 2014 or so. But what does exactly tell us? nothing, really... It may mean that new features of FMT is exactly the same as FM, so it would be wast of time to make a announcements of what it was already told us... but it also mean that FMT is far down to their priority development, that they don't really bother with it.

If this was a normal year, we would have FMT beta, like we normally have, maybe 1 or 3 days later the Beta then then FM beta, but... it isn't a normal year, this pandemic as thrown a chaos in our lives, with unwanted deaths, and sending us to mainly live confined in our homes, destroying nations economy and businesses. But also is forcing business, like SI, with little resources and forced to work from home, making difficult to develop computer games, thus forcing developers prioritising which games should be prioritise. In the case of SI, of course their priority was and still is FM, no question about that. I even know that FMT is low priority in SI books, since around FM14 and 15, since it was there we had marketing has shifted to Touch and it was demoted in a way that it marketed, since around that time we have only been promoted in a simple blog post each year. Also the branding of FMT as an easy mode and the lack of correction from Si's part (aside from several statements from Lucas), doesn't help to send a message that FMT is low priority game.

What really, really show me that FMT is footnote to SI priority list, is the delay debacle (not really debacle when few handfuls of peasants (me has one) were angry about it and simple explanation and a quick apologise was enough to dismiss the angry crowd), with no apology stated in any of their Social Media. I think it really, really, really see that SI is itching to do away with FMT in the PC and Mac (who, where actually affected by the delay stuff, since they were the ones expecting for the Beta). Well folks, pack your bags, if this isn't a clue that SI doesn't really care about us, not sure what will. I'm not being negative, I'm actually a positive person, since I'm the one was eagerly exited each year for FMT editor, but I think we need face facts and need to be realistic, that FMT is on the way out.

As for compatibility list, they usually release 1 to 3 days before release, so be patient.

SI have had more than one game in the top 50 Steam sellers list for over a decade.

If they are low on resources they are the most catastrophically mismanaged developer in history.

11 hours ago, Wakers said:

You do feel a little like second-class citizens for playing FM Classic (why do they call it Touch, even? Surely it should be distinguished from the mobile versions?)

Still can't edit databases. We know they use .edt files because in previous versions you could see that .edt files were used to apply transfer window updates.

Sigh.

They were purposefully vague with the pre-orders, too. When it comes bundled with the full fat version, and it says 'early access starts two weeks before lunch', it does kinda sound like it means for either version.

Second class citizen is bang on pal...they've tried to make the game accessible to more people by adding it to more platforms and in the process have completely lost their way!

They should've just kept FMT to easily manageable platforms rather than seeing the pound signs and launching it everywhere. It shows as they haven't even got a release date for the switch version yet.

6 hours ago, ruudvanwarren said:

They should've just kept FMT to easily manageable platforms rather than seeing the pound signs and launching it everywhere. It shows as they haven't even got a release date for the switch version yet.

The submission process takes a lot longer for Switch (so it's out of SI's hands) compared to the others. That is why.

17 hours ago, grade said:

snip

On top of all that you said, what has been worrying me for 2-3 years now is that FMT gets updates and bug fixes much later than full FM. So, when something major doesn't work, you can't really expect a hotfix.

I remember a few years ago "continue time-out" feature wasn't working properly, which is a major thing (for me, at least), and it wasn't fixed for 2 months. There are other examples like that, which is why I dread buying it again.

The FMT crowd is not big enough and when we shout our woes, it fizzles out quickly and quietly.  Not to mention that actual PC/MAC players of FMT seem to number a few dozen people (I know it's not an actual number, but it feels like it).

They have explained that due to the current situation and work circumstances that team is delayed. I don't think anyone should judge them for this as this is out of their hands. They are delayed by a week and still delivering a great game.

As for the different platforms, they all have different submission/approval processes, so this is also out of their control.

Now, what is a shame the initial FMT (FM Classic) was a PC version and usually comes out with full FM, has the beta and should get a mention of the features. Due to the nature of them promoting FMT through the other platforms and the release on those being delayed, the PC FMT crowd is basically left out to discover everything themselves.

Now given that next week is the release, wouldn't it be possible to at least post something here on the forums saying, hey guys, the features we listed for XBOX also applies for FMT PC. Of course, it would be nicer to also have some pictures and actually a mention on the features list but hey, at least something is better than the wish.

FMM started rolling out in different regions of the world yesterday afternoon, if they use the same method with FMT, I'd expect them to deal with complaints about the full game today and tomorrow, then focus on FMT Thursday and Friday 

There was a very brief nod to features on their twitter page, when their response to someone was that the features are 'more or less' the same as the full game'

Obviously that's not much help, but we can guess as what's to come 

I just really need a compatibility list, as people couldn't get the game with the same tablet I have last year, despite it being on the list 

1 hour ago, shirajzl said:

On top of all that you said, what has been worrying me for 2-3 years now is that FMT gets updates and bug fixes much later than full FM. So, when something major doesn't work, you can't really expect a hotfix.

I remember a few years ago "continue time-out" feature wasn't working properly, which is a major thing (for me, at least), and it wasn't fixed for 2 months. There are other examples like that, which is why I dread buying it again.

The FMT crowd is not big enough and when we shout our woes, it fizzles out quickly and quietly.  Not to mention that actual PC/MAC players of FMT seem to number a few dozen people (I know it's not an actual number, but it feels like it).

Oh I agree.

1 hour ago, tyro said:

They have explained that due to the current situation and work circumstances that team is delayed. I don't think anyone should judge them for this as this is out of their hands. They are delayed by a week and still delivering a great game.

As for the different platforms, they all have different submission/approval processes, so this is also out of their control.

Now, what is a shame the initial FMT (FM Classic) was a PC version and usually comes out with full FM, has the beta and should get a mention of the features. Due to the nature of them promoting FMT through the other platforms and the release on those being delayed, the PC FMT crowd is basically left out to discover everything themselves.

Now given that next week is the release, wouldn't it be possible to at least post something here on the forums saying, hey guys, the features we listed for XBOX also applies for FMT PC. Of course, it would be nicer to also have some pictures and actually a mention on the features list but hey, at least something is better than the wish.

Not having the FMT Beta, was a disappointment. But I understand that due to pandemic forcing things to be different. However, the last few years, i have seen a decrease interest in FMT, specially for PC and Mac platform. The last stuff SI did something exclusive was option to remove the 3 nation limit and adding stuff like the Dodgy Lasagna. Since then, little has been talked about. Just the normal light versions of some of new features that year.

Just to make things more interesting, is that, FMT Xbox version, will not be compatible with the FMT that comes with Full FM or if you buy it on Steam (not sure of Epic). It is only compatible with the Xbox game pass. So cloud saving of FMT (PC and Mac is only with the tablets, like we use to have.

Maybe i'm wrong on this, but I have an impression, that SI has already killed FMT of PC and Mac... when they changed FM Classic to FM Touch. FM Touch is primarily developed for iPad and Tablet. The PC and Mac, and the Switch versions are adapted from this version. The difference now is that they are now adapting for Xbox. So the PC and Mac as you said, are basically left out to discover everything themselves. We have the features that FMT has, regardless if we have more powerful machines or not and that is the reason why no editor.

I hope that we have the announcement of the features on Thursday or Friday... but my bet is we are going to have only on Monday (on day before it is release), if at all (if you say is true that SI is saying on twitter is more or less the same as the full game, we are going to find out ourselves). I don't see SI shifting from their focus of ironing out major bugs on the FM and FMM this week. Then comes the weekend (where almost nothing is announced). Then we they will have quite release for FMT, the same like every year. 

My advice is to take deep breath and dive into the full FM, in the near future.

1 hour ago, SaintPaul said:

FMM started rolling out in different regions of the world yesterday afternoon, if they use the same method with FMT, I'd expect them to deal with complaints about the full game today and tomorrow, then focus on FMT Thursday and Friday 

There was a very brief nod to features on their twitter page, when their response to someone was that the features are 'more or less' the same as the full game'

Obviously that's not much help, but we can guess as what's to come 

I just really need a compatibility list, as people couldn't get the game with the same tablet I have last year, despite it being on the list 

I am afraid that it can happen again and we buy a new tablet from the compatibility list that it is incompatible...

I will try to be positive. New FMT will run smoothly with our old devices!

This year will be the first year that I won't be buying FM since fm10 at least due to MacBook being too old and can't run the latest version so I'm wondering if the specs is differt for touch. If it not then I guess I'll have to try the Xbox version and play an older version on the MacBook

11 hours ago, Gerara said:

I am afraid that it can happen again and we buy a new tablet from the compatibility list that it is incompatible...

I will try to be positive. New FMT will run smoothly with our old devices!

The Huawei tablet isn't that old, compared to some of the others on the list 

Last year SI were saying that the problem was with the play store, not them, so I'm hoping it won't be the same this year 

FMT ran without problem on it for me, but others got the 'not compatible' note 

16 hours ago, grade said:

Oh I agree.

Not having the FMT Beta, was a disappointment. But I understand that due to pandemic forcing things to be different. However, the last few years, i have seen a decrease interest in FMT, specially for PC and Mac platform. The last stuff SI did something exclusive was option to remove the 3 nation limit and adding stuff like the Dodgy Lasagna. Since then, little has been talked about. Just the normal light versions of some of new features that year.

Just to make things more interesting, is that, FMT Xbox version, will not be compatible with the FMT that comes with Full FM or if you buy it on Steam (not sure of Epic). It is only compatible with the Xbox game pass. So cloud saving of FMT (PC and Mac is only with the tablets, like we use to have.

Maybe i'm wrong on this, but I have an impression, that SI has already killed FMT of PC and Mac... when they changed FM Classic to FM Touch. FM Touch is primarily developed for iPad and Tablet. The PC and Mac, and the Switch versions are adapted from this version. The difference now is that they are now adapting for Xbox. So the PC and Mac as you said, are basically left out to discover everything themselves. We have the features that FMT has, regardless if we have more powerful machines or not and that is the reason why no editor.

I hope that we have the announcement of the features on Thursday or Friday... but my bet is we are going to have only on Monday (on day before it is release), if at all (if you say is true that SI is saying on twitter is more or less the same as the full game, we are going to find out ourselves). I don't see SI shifting from their focus of ironing out major bugs on the FM and FMM this week. Then comes the weekend (where almost nothing is announced). Then we they will have quite release for FMT, the same like every year. 

My advice is to take deep breath and dive into the full FM, in the near future.

I don't think that they have "killed" it for PC/Mac (I am an optimist :)) but there definitely needs to be some realignment and focus on "marketing" the PC/Mac version a bit more and not doing it in conjunction with the other platforms. I understand the approach because they call it FMT but since they have other release dates and submission protocols, what is the harm to give some information before FMT PC/Mac comes out? Make us happy :) Everyone wants to know features. Look at the features thread in the main forum - countless of pages. If not, then maybe it would make sense to rename the PC/Mac version back to FM Classic?

And we have seen that "assuming" that we know what will carry over from full FM to FMT (as with the release and beta) is not accurate all the time. We can have an idea but why not post here in this forum and let us know? You must know something. Heck, we know that the match engine is the same as full FM and it should carry over... right?

Again, not saying how to do the business, but there are a lot of passionate FMT PC/Mac users here and we don't want much but it is easy to make us happy.

36 minutes ago, Sc0ttzilla said:

Had the full fat pc one gifted to me, really struggling to get into it so far so just hope touch is same as last year but with xg

I have absolutely no idea how people have the time to play the full fat game (excluding lockdown). I gave up in 2017, when it took almost three months to get through a season 

16 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

I have absolutely no idea how people have the time to play the full fat game (excluding lockdown). I gave up in 2017, when it took almost three months to get through a season 

That's why I am waiting for FMT. Full FM is amazing but all the stuff just takes too long. FMT has all I need: Tactics and Transfers. I set up and am on the way in roughly 30 min or less. With Full FM I need at least 1 session if not 2 to set everything up - staff, tactics, training, etc. And it is so smooth. Set up tactic, go, play the match, next.

Yeah, FMT is, at least for me, the perfect combination between the old Championship Manager, in terms of speed and simplicity, but with the tactic, ME and database uptaded.

I stop playing the full fat version in 2013, because i have little time to play, and with that little time it was very frustrating playing the full version. Things like, 30minuts of play.... and the game didn't evolve.

In 2014 i turn to FMM14, it was nice.... but it was too striped down. After two months playing it i was done.

So in 2015, with FMC15, i start playing this version of the game in a tablet....  and it just perfect. In one hour of playing can easily play 4 or 5 matches, in a more free weekend can play half a season. Just perfect.

Surely we have to get some information tomorrow 

I keep checking their twitter account, and the trailer for the full game is retweeted, but nothing regarding FMT 

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another delay, or if they just chose to wait, to line up with the game's release on the Nintendo switch 

FMM features were announced over a week before the release 

The difference, is that, we are now in time of the release of full FM and FMM, so probably all hands are on deck to fix any major bugs there is. Not to mention the several issues the editor have brought.

I wouldn't be surprise if we don't get no announcements this week.

11 minutes ago, grade said:

The difference, is that, we are now in time of the release of full FM and FMM, so probably all hands are on deck to fix any major bugs there is. Not to mention the several issues the editor have brought.

I wouldn't be surprise if we don't get no announcements this week.

At this point, announcements will be a nice surprise, but a compatibility list is needed, especially with people considering buying a newer tablet to keep up with FMT in the black friday sales 

2 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

At this point, announcements will be a nice surprise, but a compatibility list is needed, especially with people considering buying a newer tablet to keep up with FMT in the black friday sales 

I agree, but normally SI release that list almost nearly the release date. The issue here is that FMT was delayed to Dec. 1st. 

10 minutes ago, grade said:

I agree, but normally SI release that list almost nearly the release date. The issue here is that FMT was delayed to Dec. 1st. 

It was available a week in advance of the game last year, that's why I was hoping for more news by now 

15 minutes ago, adammacleod said:

Thats just nonsense a week before its released  

It's not nonsense. These things are released in the week before release (if you read the rest of the thread?) because they're still nailing down as many devices as possible. I'm sure (though I don't have concrete info) we're due to receive news soon.

Just be patience,

I'm sure news will arrive soon, and it will be great news....

- Editor

- Possibility to use ddt files

- increase the nation limit for android/ios tablets (5 nations at least)

- increase the years limit in the save (50 years)

- Possibility to view full match in android/ios tablets

- squad registration for european cups

- Possibility to have more than one manager per save

Just wait a little bit more.... i can almost taste it! :D

14 minutes ago, Decree said:

Looking at Steam they have now removed the "planned date of release 1st December" to " item is not yet available " ... Hmmm, 

Been asking on twitter for an update but to no success.. 

I checked there, its still showing as the 1st 

12 minutes ago, Decree said:

Strange, for me and my friend it has changed today 

It change on mine!!!

Oh Gods... I have bad felling about this.

56 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Just be patience,

I'm sure news will arrive soon, and it will be great news....

- Editor

- Possibility to use ddt files

- increase the nation limit for android/ios tablets (5 nations at least)

- increase the years limit in the save (50 years)

- Possibility to view full match in android/ios tablets

- squad registration for european cups

- Possibility to have more than one manager per save

Just wait a little bit more.... i can almost taste it! :D

I really hope that is true, but... I much doubt we will get them.

Has been so frustrating having to wait to play this game 3 weeks longer at least then those that have been playing the full beta.  With how poorly they treated us when deciding at the last minute there would be no touch beta, they should be communicating the progress of the game every damn day after that to make up for how they treated us but no just silence every day. We have to go on and guess if it will be on time for December 1st.  I am not keeping my hopes up. I have been playing FM 20 still over the last few weeks and have thought a million times to just stay on there but no I have supported this game for so many years so I will just continue to wait it out. Just because there is a pandemic doesn't give a company the excuse to treat their customer's however they want. 

It takes less then 5 mins to just go on twitter or come on here and tweet like a damn screenshot of the game or something just to let people know that it's coming. I fear this lack of communication is just their way of saying the game will not be ready for December 1st and if that is the case I will probably just cancel my order. 

So the store page still says 1st December but it also said that in the library until today, it now says this item is not yet available,.. Its a shame we can't even get a reply back, no doubt we'll get one on the 30th saying its delayed ..

7 minutes ago, Decree said:

Just got a reply back on Twitter from FM account they say its still out 1st December...... We'll see..

The thing is, people were being told on Twitter that info about FMT was 'coming very soon' and that was in the first week of November 

Does anyone know if the transfer window opens on 1st January, or is it a bit later this season? 

If its January, I think I'll wait for the winter update in March before buying, with squads quickly out of date, and the inevitable bugs, I might stick to FMM for a while