[Italy] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

Yes, I understand the reason and it's fine, but the question is why are the available free transfer players in that situation when you start a new save, just to make sure that there isn't an error in the DB with the date where these players had their contracts expired or a bug when the game is checking that contract expiration date.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Icy said:

Here is the answer, signed another player that will also join in the next transfer windows and this is the explanation, but I'm not sure if it's normal, a bug or research data issue as it happens with most of the players with expired contracts and never saw this in earlier FM versions.

image.thumb.png.c2c24c65e8f6c4bb03077db0a08258c3.png

Excellent timing! I was just about to start logging that one, so you saved me a job. Thanks for the investigation.

To clarify: yes, this is a rule in Italy so no bug here.

If somebody can tell us the difference between these 3 players, all same ages, with slighty different month of birth, all them released from their serie C teams at the end of past season (the researchers probably did that in the DB), then maybe we could undersand it.

Without the editor I can't check myself if thre is something hidden. I thought I had found the pattern, born before or after June, but the last player from these 4 breaks that theory.

This player can be signed now

image.png.0f0f838e81ac63b789eb6b0291842800.png

image.thumb.png.2d8fe898265776da333848d51338acb3.png

image.png.1fc6852684e81129008000b810f02b6a.png

image.thumb.png.3a8a1a4d80f30da947c5473d2bcaf760.png

This player can't be signed before 4/1/21

image.png.84347a277779a97a637372489b665523.png

image.thumb.png.4be38fa63360eafe3593aad393f00912.png

image.png.5d00dfba5273e7299a9a0202ddda0330.png

image.thumb.png.c09be76dcb2fc334a9cae3f409780b8c.png

Edited by Icy

2 minutes ago, Icy said:

If somebody can tell us the difference between these 3 players, all same ages, with slighty different month of birth, all them released from their serie C teams at the end of past season (the researchers probably did that in the DB), then maybe we could undersand it.

Without the editor I can't check myself if thre is something hidden.

image.png.0f0f838e81ac63b789eb6b0291842800.png

image.thumb.png.2d8fe898265776da333848d51338acb3.png

image.png.1fc6852684e81129008000b810f02b6a.png

image.thumb.png.3a8a1a4d80f30da947c5473d2bcaf760.png

image.png.84347a277779a97a637372489b665523.png

image.thumb.png.4be38fa63360eafe3593aad393f00912.png

image.png.5d00dfba5273e7299a9a0202ddda0330.png

image.thumb.png.c09be76dcb2fc334a9cae3f409780b8c.png

It's probably not a 100% watertight way of knowing, but a quick look at their history gives an indication of when they were released. Carlotto and Vignati have entries for 2019/20; Barborini and Bonistalli don't.

• SI Staff
23 minutes ago, Icy said:

Yes, I understand the reason and it's fine, but the question is why are the available free transfer players in that situation when you start a new save, just to make sure that there isn't an error in the DB with the date where these players had their contracts expired or a bug when the game is checking that contract expiration date.

Ah my apologies, I hadn't seen the previous posts.  I will leave this to Stephen to deal with, thanks!

hace 6 minutos, Stephen Glennon dijo:

It's probably not a 100% watertight way of knowing, but a quick look at their history gives an indication of when they were released. Carlotto and Vignati have entries for 2019/20; Barborini and Bonistalli don't.

True! so that is probably it, but should all players released past season not abe available to be signed this season then until January? 

Anyway it's probably a good idea to write that rule in the league rules screen so others won't come asking as I did.

Edited by Icy

46 minutes ago, Icy said:

True! so that is probably it, but should all players released past season not abe available to be signed this season then until January? 

Anyway it's probably a good idea to write that rule in the league rules screen so others won't come asking as I did.

Yeah you're right, it would be a big help to have this mentioned somewhere. I'll get something logged about that.

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, Andrew Sant said:

I had a glitch a few days ago, first season in the Europa League Round of 16. First Knockout round for some reason I was only allowed 7 subs whilst all the other rounds reverted back to the 12 sub rule. image.thumb.png.1e59d19403506b84fb7d655699549951.pngimage.thumb.png.4cf6fa54127e908b50576c8219b7f117.png

Please post this in the Europe thread, thanks.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, alealbenga said:

does not select the U23 zebra squad and blocks the game. To continue it is mandatory to take a day off

65717.jpg

This is a known issue that has been widely reported and will be fixed for the full release.  Thanks.

13 hours ago, Liquid Cool said:

@Stephen Glennon 

UPDATE: If I click on "Auto Select" on the registration screen, the keeper is picked. So it seems like a UI issue. 

Ah yes, I had the same thing happen for me when I looked at your save. Would you mind posting this (with an explanation and mention of the uploaded save) over on the UI forum? They'll be much better equipped to help you out over there. Thanks.

10 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

1965081137_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.f82cf2cedf8763e9d26f39fdcc6bae2e.png

Look you have Atalanta V Juventus U23 and Juventus V SPAL in the same round of the cup. If Juventus U23 had somehow managed to beat Atalanta in the next round they would of played the senior Juventus side in the quarter final. See below

1962250948_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.76295a84036c9b7aeda913d71a2d9c76.png

Hmm. I'm not seeing Zebre U23 in the Italian Cup in a new save I just started. Any chance this happened on a save you started in the beta? If you start a new save, are Zebre in there? We did have some issues with Zebre U23 and cups but they were fixed for release.

1 hour ago, Stephen Glennon said:

Hmm. I'm not seeing Zebre U23 in the Italian Cup in a new save I just started. Any chance this happened on a save you started in the beta? If you start a new save, are Zebre in there? We did have some issues with Zebre U23 and cups but they were fixed for release.

100% this is a new save started for full release

28 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

Nothing wrong your end. its a custom file causing Juventus U23 to play in the cup. If you could give me an idea how to fix it that would be appreciated as i would like to the use the file

Try over at the Editor forum, they're more likely to be able to help you out.

Il 25/11/2020 in 10:04 , Stephen Glennon ha scritto:

I did not have the beta, I started a new save yesterday and I also have Juventus U23 in the Italian Cup. No editor data custom file.

Hi all

I have two questions:

I decided to play with Sampdoria, so I had a challenge with this aging squad. On top of that they have no money to spend so I to start buy loaning players. I am now in my third season and won the league and cup in the third season. 

1) Is it normal Italian teams get such low financial reward for winning the league? I got something like 3.5 million euros or something like that. 

2) I saved my game in two versions: one with normal budget, being close to nothing and one with a sugar daddy. When does a sugar daddy start showing an effect. I have had zero results from this, in fact, the board are rejecting all demands for extra budget.

Would be great if someone could answer this.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:29, Dan Ormsby said:

It's five subs at three stoppages (not including half time).  So if you make one sub in the 60th minute, then make one sub more in the 70th minute, you will have to bring the remaining three subs at the same time.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:34, Marbah said:

oh you are right, ok I totally forgot about that part. 

I tend to do the changes from the lower part of the screen, and sometimes they go through before I have a chance to make another change.

thank you for the replies :)

It would be nice to have a "Substitute" button somewhere on the bottom panel to accommodate this, as well as swapping player positions (I tend to rotate my AML/AMR to see if changing their defensive match up and role leads to different results).

• SI Staff
On 05/12/2020 at 02:31, saosinfan4 said:

Juventus U23 team won the Serie C but didn’t progress further into Serie B. So many bugs :(

Untitled-2.thumb.png.52b4fb3fa5574f442e48719e87330707.png

Untitled-4.png.5242b74ddde6e94d9a33499d785ce64f.png

Hello, this is not something we are seeing internally.  I am looking at a test now where Zebre U23 win Serie C and are promoted to Serie B.  We would need a save provided to us by you showing this issue, ideally one before the season update day of the season when Zebre U23 win the league, though I appreciate you may no longer have this available.

not sure if the right place to post but i have a serious fitness problem due to Europa league matches. every time after a european match my league game (Seria A) is scheduled on a Saturday. in real life teams that played on thuesday always play on Sunday or even Monday .... is this a bug? or an oversight? just me?

On 20/12/2020 at 17:58, Marbah said:

not sure if the right place to post but i have a serious fitness problem due to Europa league matches. every time after a european match my league game (Seria A) is scheduled on a Saturday. in real life teams that played on thuesday always play on Sunday or even Monday .... is this a bug? or an oversight? just me?

You will be lucky if you get an answer in here mate

• SI Staff
On 20/12/2020 at 17:58, Marbah said:

Who are you playing with, which season is this and are you using any third party add-ons?  Thanks.

• SI Staff
On 22/12/2020 at 12:07, wicksyFM said:

No mate. This is the right place. I’ve asked about Catania not playing in the Coppa Italia twice. Last week and back in November. Still haven’t had an answer. 

Hi, I'm sorry nobody has replied to this already, this forum is staffed by various different people at different times and this was obviously missed the first time.  I am personally only replying to certain more recent posts now due to annual leave.  "Lucky to get a reply in here" isn't really fair as you can see we have looked into and fixed a great deal of issues from this thread.  We will now look into your issue.  Thanks.

Il 13/12/2020 in 19:53 , wicksyFM ha scritto:

Why are Catania who play in serie c not playing in the coppa italia. They played in the cup in real life. How are Serie C teams selected to play in the coppa italia. It looks like they are selected alphabetically 

The reason why the Serie C teams are picked wrongly the first year is the removal of Trapani from the DB.

78 teams participate normally to Coppa Italia and there are 78 registered teams in Coppa Italia for the starting year. However, Trapani (which originally was supposed to participate in Coppa Italia) is now set as extinct because it dissolved IRL, and therefore the game finds only 77 teams.

The rule "get registered teams for this comp and year" is set as "don't use team rule if not enough teams found". So, since the game finds only 77 teams instead of 78, the rule is skipped and the teams are chosen wrongly.

For the 2nd season (and further), the teams from Serie C are taken from the Team Pool. The rule is set as "get best teams in competition" but in this way, the game chooses the team just alphabetically. The correct option to set in the Team Pool should be "get best team from division" excluding the teams arriving from Serie B (which are picked from a different rule).

Serie C is unfortunately not treated so well in the game. Both the selection of Serie C teams for Coppa Italia and the Serie C playoff structure is wrong since some years and it has never been fixed despite several posts in the previous FMs bug threads. Last year in the bug thread, it was even posted by users an editor-data file that fixed the playoff structure, but unfortunately SI didn't introduce the fix in the game for this year. 

Edited by massa88
update

• SI Staff
On 01/01/2021 at 13:54, massa88 said:

The reason why the Serie C teams are picked wrongly the first year is the removal of Trapani from the DB.

78 teams participate normally to Coppa Italia and there are 78 registered teams in Coppa Italia for the starting year. However, Trapani (which originally was supposed to participate in Coppa Italia) is now set as extinct because it dissolved IRL, and therefore the game finds only 77 teams.

The rule "get registered teams for this comp and year" is set as "don't use team rule if not enough teams found". So, since the game finds only 77 teams instead of 78, the rule is skipped and the teams are chosen wrongly.

For the 2nd season (and further), the teams from Serie C are taken from the Team Pool. The rule is set as "get best teams in competition" but in this way, the game chooses the team just alphabetically. The correct option to set in the Team Pool should be "get best team from division" excluding the teams arriving from Serie B (which are picked from a different rule).

Serie C is unfortunately not treated so well in the game. Both the selection of Serie C teams for Coppa Italia and the Serie C playoff structure is wrong since some years and it has never been fixed despite several posts in the previous FMs bug threads. Last year in the bug thread, it was even posted by users an editor-data file that fixed the playoff structure, but unfortunately SI didn't introduce the fix in the game for this year. 

Thanks, I have added this information to an existing report on this issue.

• SI Staff
On 31/12/2020 at 12:41, gholliday87 said:

Not sure if this is a bug or not, some players only require to be in Italy for 1460 days to gain citizenship, but others require to be there for 3650 days? I also have some players who have no option to gain citizenship at all.

Hi there, can you post about this in the Italy thread in the database & research forum?  Hopefully someone there will be able to advise if this is correct or not.

• SI Staff
On 30/12/2020 at 21:23, raul7mattel said:

When I manage @Inter_en , alexis sanchez and arturo vidal cannot be registered because of non eu quota. But they do play in real life. Please kindly advise🙏🏻 thank you

Are you registering different players in their place?  We would require more specific information and/or for you to provide us a save game with the issue occurring.  Thanks

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

• SI Staff
On 31/12/2020 at 18:27, massa88 said:

The structure of the Serie C playoff is wrong as it was in FM20. This year (as last year) 28 teams should participate IRL but only 27 participate in FM. This results in teams from Group A getting a bye in one of the rounds for no reason.

Can you provide us a save from just before this happens please?  https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4