[Other] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for any competitions not covered by another thread here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Two issues regarding the SAFF Championship:

1. Afghanistan don't participate in this competition anymore. They moved to Central Asian Football Association from South Asian Football Association back in 2015.

2. Each team only calls up players that are based in their own country, which causes nations with small database (i.e. Afghanistan) have only 5-6 real life players in the squad. SAFF Championship in real life allows the participation of players based in overseas, unlike African Cup of Nations. 

bandicam 2020-11-12 22-45-03-233.jpg

bandicam 2020-11-12 22-44-52-813.jpg

Edited by avant

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, Seyen said:

Is it normal that the U19 Champions Cup is scheduled as the first round in March 2021?

This is reflecting the change made in real life for the 20/21 season - https://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/news/025e-0fbe078d7c72-5a8d771e7ed8-1000--change-to-this-season-s-format/?iv=true

Good evening,

The regulations of the Champions League taken into account are good in the group stage, but are wrong in the final stage.

image.thumb.png.d93824bbc97b33cbb21070f241646200.png

If in the competition rules it is good, the one taken into account by the game at the time of the match sheet is the same as in the calendar...

image.png

Edited by Matt Sheppard

13 hours ago, Matt Sheppard said:

Good evening,

The regulations of the Champions League taken into account are good in the group stage, but are wrong in the final stage.

image.thumb.png.d93824bbc97b33cbb21070f241646200.png

If in the competition rules it is good, the one taken into account by the game at the time of the match sheet is the same as in the calendar...

1.44 MB · 0 downloads  

image.png

Could you be more specific about what exactly is wrong, please? Thank you.

I've been advised from Scotland thread to post this here. This may effect other leagues but I'm unsure.

Brexit doesn't seem right in Scotland. Obviously this is very hard to get information for and is very up in the air so respect you guys doing your best but as a passionate FM and Scottish football fan I want to help out where I can. 

Brexit is obviously fixed and comes in on 1st January. That causes squad registration and work permit changes the same as in England. 

This is where I'm having issues. In Scotland the SFA run work permits, we have appeal pannel etc. I'm aware was talk of FA getting control of all home nations but this was strongly opposed. Further information on this is again extremely hard to get and we know the FA are much more likely to take a hard stance compared to the SFA. For example there's not a single player in Scotland who would pass FA work permit rules at time in arriving at Scotland, be that EU or non EU based. 

The squad registration has also caused a game breaking bug aware from the Scotland thread a solution has been found and that's awesome news. However I really question why it comes in, in Scotland. This is a pretty huge rule change to come in mid season, and as far as I'm aware - and the game would suggest there's no squad registration at the start of the season and no spfl vote on a change in this to my knowledge. Spfl votes are extremely hard to push through. Infact of all the major ones in the media this year I believe only 1 has passed even that in contraversal circumstances. 11 of the 12 premiership sides would need to vote in favour of this change for starts. Fuelled across leagues with self interest I couldn't see those with larger sqauds agreeing. And those in the lower leagues I doubt would deem it necessary but league one/two voting block seems to oppose anything that won't remove the league two relegation playoff. 

I know Brexit is a very hard thing to know. I just want to help best I can and have open discussion I apologize if my post comes out incorrect I try to be as polite as possible when I bring these things up. 

This is a bit hard to explain but I'll try and do it simply!

The Champions/European Qualification criteria for Gibraltar in-game is incorrect (I believe!)

How it should work:

After 11 games the league splits into two, Championship Group (Group 1 in FM) for the top 6 and Challenge Group (Group 2 in FM) for the bottom 6. Everyone in these groups plays each other twice and the winner of the Championship Group wins the League and therefore top European Qualification Spot. (Reference the official rules section 4.4 and 9.1 "The Team which is at the top of the Championship Group table at the end of the Season shall be the League Champions")

However, in FM that's not how it works.

I've just come second in Group 1 (i.e. the Championship Group) as below:

1395822898_Group1Table.png.89a1890dfb44425bf5b2c411436b9184.png

But because my overall record was the best, FM decided that we "Won the League" and got the UCL spot (overall table below). In reality, we would have come second and got a Conference League spot, and Lincoln would have won the league because they're at the top of the Championship Group regardless of overall record.

595946403_OverallTable.png.494d694be34115f2582dfe070da0a63d.png

1070787276_NewsItem.png.19cd1495562ed522f9da8cecbaa9924b.png

I don't believe that the overall table actually exists IRL after the split (it's hard to tell because last season was the first with this new format and was cancelled halfway through!), and in FM all the European Qualification spots are based off of results in the "Overall" table rather than the "Group 1" table which is what it should be. (And I assume then the top of Group 2 when you get more continental places!)612663344_Qualrules.thumb.png.ace41ebec0690679bc2b7f547367e375.png

944610670_Group1Rules.thumb.png.ad8a61bda11b3da455017a17a62d231a.png

I think there's also something else weird going on, because since just around the League split, journalists in press conferences have been going on about how there "isn't anything left to play for" despite the fact us and Lincoln have been in a very close battle for the title....

• 3 weeks later...

i have a save with colchester i promoted to pl but in this save there is a transfer rule i ve never seen before rule is 'teams can sign no more than 6 foreign under 21 players from abroad in a season' i checked on threads and noone ever mentioned about it and i also have different saves with different teams but others saves doesnt have a rule like this.is this rule a scenario that can happen in some saves ?

Hi all. I played a save in Gibraltar, (there isn't a separate thread so this seems the best place to report this), and despite playing until 2040 and maxing out all the Facilities, I was underwhelmed by the quality of Newgen I was creating. 

It didn't seem right, but at the same time I didn't really have anything to compare it to so for a long time I just ploughed on regardless. In the end I gave up and moved to a new save, this time in the Faroe Islands. I'm playing on an edited database, but already, with by facilities at less than 50% and still in the 3rd Tier in the Faroe Islands, I'm producing Newgens that were better than I could produce when I was qualifying from the Group stage of the Euro Cup. 

I've worked out what it is. 

These are the National Youth Rating Generated Values for a number of Nations. Gibraltar jumps out as not possibly being correct at all. Some might argue that some of the others are a little too high or a little too low, but all in all I would say they are within a reasonable variance of what we should expect. Gibraltar isn't though. Would someone mind having a look at this for me please? I know that the Gibraltar researcher @cel1234might be interested in this, and @jatko26who is also playing in Gibraltar I believe. I don't think it appropriate to tell you what I think Gibraltar should be, (because I don't know hoe everything else works), but if you look at Andorra and Faroe Islands and Liechtenstein and Malta, and then look at where Gibraltar has come from in such a short period then it just seems wrong. 

Andorra 36.
Estonia 62.
Gibraltar 14.  The Gibraltar value has got to be wrong hasn't it? You can argue about the rest but in the main they seem to be within an expectation that you would expect them to be within. Gibraltar seems way out though. Am I missing something here or does the Gibraltar value seem wrong to you to? 
Faroe Islands 42.
Iceland 67.
Latvia 63.
Liechtenstein 42.
Lithuania 59.
Malta 42.
Moldova 46.
Kosovo 80.
San Marino 29. 

Thanks in advance for looking at this. :thup:

If you want a save than I am happy to upload, but I have uploaded many already and this isn't going to be specific to my save anyway. 

On 21/12/2020 at 10:54, allofyourtears said:

i have a save with colchester i promoted to pl but in this save there is a transfer rule i ve never seen before rule is 'teams can sign no more than 6 foreign under 21 players from abroad in a season' i checked on threads and noone ever mentioned about it and i also have different saves with different teams but others saves doesnt have a rule like this.is this rule a scenario that can happen in some saves ?

This is 1 possible Brexit result in the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Also related (I think).  I went to change my registered players (since some are on international duty during the Club World Championship) and the button seems to be a testing dialog.  I'm not sure if I should be able to change registration at this point, but the button at least seems wrong.

erro.png

• 2 weeks later...

Currently playing a Gibraltar save and have made the Champions League for the first time. My newly built stadium (7000 seats) is under the minimum capacity of 8000 so I have to play elsewhere for group stage games. However, the game seems to only want to put me in a Gibraltarian stadium and the only other stadium is my old one which is a 2000 seater. Surely the game should either make me play abroad or let me stay in my own stadium?

b00fa1465658354cdc892f0be589e914.png

cbc0a26c29873e997276fdabfba09b64.png

On 15/01/2021 at 17:41, luke rogers said:

Currently playing a Gibraltar save and have made the Champions League for the first time. My newly built stadium (7000 seats) is under the minimum capacity of 8000 so I have to play elsewhere for group stage games. However, the game seems to only want to put me in a Gibraltarian stadium and the only other stadium is my old one which is a 2000 seater. Surely the game should either make me play abroad or let me stay in my own stadium?

The same thing happened to me and I posted about it here:

In the Champions League, you play in the Victoria Stadium but in the Conference League you play in your own stadium, which makes no sense because they have the same stadium rules. I believe IRL the Victoria Stadium has an exemption to capacity requirements which means it maybe kinda makes sense that you would play Group Stage games there, but as I say in my second post there are times when other teams in Gibraltar play in Europe in my stadium which makes no sense at all.

• SI Staff
On 05/01/2021 at 12:18, gcoard said:

I believe that teams from UEFA aren't supposed to be in the same group at the Club World Championship?  Group C contains no teams from UEFA, Group G contains two (unfortunately for me).

On 05/01/2021 at 17:38, gcoard said:

Also related (I think).  I went to change my registered players (since some are on international duty during the Club World Championship) and the button seems to be a testing dialog.  I'm not sure if I should be able to change registration at this point, but the button at least seems wrong.

Hi, thanks for raising these issues - both of them are known issues under review currently. With regards to the latter issue this is indeed not meant to be able to change registration at this point.

• SI Staff
On 16/01/2021 at 13:00, BugsGaming said:

For some reason, it seems that every other round in Champions League, it reverts back to the old substitute rules, with 7 on bench and 3 subs during match. Must be a bug?

Indeed, there is a known issue under review currently where midway through stages the substitution rules can change for the European competitions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
I'm getting a Chinese player counted as foreign (as a Chinese team) for the AFC Champions League. Strangely still being counted as another Asian foreign rather though rather than just completely foreign. He's not being counted as foreign for the league though as expectedimage.thumb.png.eb80ce3e6f6111c9974fb15ec641c305.png

image.thumb.png.b7c8a19c489d61ac3dafabe8ae702ee1.png
A slightly related one I think you may already be aware of is that AI teams don't appear to need to follow these foreign player rules (Chinese League or AFC Champions League) examples below:
image.thumb.png.c702e154d0ef76fa006ec51b4c8973e3.png

G'day,

In Scotland L2, after Brexit I have to suddenly register some players. I have a young squad, 100% locally born and bred so it should be straight forward? But the registration screen is telling me that I don't have the minimum required squad size. Do I now have to buy additional over 21 players just so I can register half my first team squad?

Screenshot 2021-02-07 085208.png

Screenshot 2021-02-07 093428.png

I started a save with Bolton Wanderers in early December.... with their financial difficulties I couldn't spend money on transfers, had to settle for Free Agents & Loans. I managed to win League 2, the season after I was again forced to use free agents and loans and even though media predicted that I would finish mid-table, I managed to get back to back league titles. Now I'm in the championship, again cannot sign any players, only 1 loanee and 4 free agents (1 of which was sent out on loan), media prediction had me in last at 400-1 odds to win the league, 23rd place were 150-1 odds. For some reason, 15 games in I'm 5th... only losing to premier league relegated sides such as Watford, Crystal Palace and Southampton.... Could I have a bug where the game ends up being too easy? PS. I'm not one to cheat the game.

• SI Staff
On 06/02/2021 at 23:35, KnotveryAthletic said:

G'day,

In Scotland L2, after Brexit I have to suddenly register some players. I have a young squad, 100% locally born and bred so it should be straight forward? But the registration screen is telling me that I don't have the minimum required squad size. Do I now have to buy additional over 21 players just so I can register half my first team squad?

You should be able to register the U21 players to progress, but you are correct that you shouldn't have to - I can log this one internally. Thanks for raising.

• 2 months later...

Hello !

I started a save where I only go into vacation and watch what's happening in the future, only in France. Almost 100 years after the start, I noticed that a B team got promoted from "National 2" which normally would be impossible, and they even got into "Ligue 2" after. Screen attached to understand more.

So that should be impossible, but for the year when the B team got promoted, no "A team" could make it out of the relegation spot, I think that's why a B team got promoted, but I think the division should have at least 4 "A team" in "National 2" so that doesn't happen again.

Rennes B monte.png

Rennes B en L2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Europa League 23/24

Partizan (SRB) faced Crvena zvezda aka Red Star (SRB) in the EL qualies (league path), and now they're going to take on Cukaricki in the Playoffs, another Serbian team.
Also, Trabzon and Fenerbahce were in the same bracket. Is this a bug?

11.PNG

2222.PNG

Edited by Gagi45

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff
22 hours ago, BedeviledEgg said:

Qatar's B team was invited to participate in the North American Gold Cup 2023. I feel like that would probably not happen in real life.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 1.17.35 PM.png

Is the senior national team currently involved in any international competition?

23 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Is the senior national team currently involved in any international competition?

Yes, they were playing in the Asian Cup at the time. But I would expect the Gold Cup's invitation slot to go to a national team that was available, not one that has to send its B team.

One of the most intriguing thing about France's national Cup is the ability of their overseas territories to qualify to enter the French Cup. My sign-up save involves a league team on the African island of Reunion, and by winning some local cup qualified the team to be drawn into the 5th round of the French Cup. My team was drawn against a team in Tahiti, and everything was going great until time to pick the team for the game, when I was informed that 1) No players 16 and under allowed, 2) 7 players selected have to have played in the past two games and 3) only 4 non-EU players are allowed for squad selection...Um...my team's a semi-pro team in the middle of the Indian Ocean, and not only can I not SCOUT off the island, but even if I could, NO EU-based player is going to relocate there, and even the players who hold 2nd-nationality as French are labeled as "foreign" by the game. I can only guess that Tahiti's in the same boat, but how are you expected to compete as a small-time overseas territory team without any actual French players?  This is really a save-breaker, because I can't imagine the French Cup really demanding that foreign overseas territories have a "French-only" squad. 

And I did go and look in the specific rules for the French Cup and EU-based eligibility, and listed under "considered to be EU" includes "All African, Caribbean and Pacific Groups of States" (which would include: Reunion, Martinique, Guadaloupe and Tahiti.) Also "all nations in Oceania (except New Zealand". So all the players on my Saint Denis FC team from Reunion, Martinique, Guadaloupe and French Guiana shouldn't have triggered "non-EU". 

Hello,
I started a new save, the first season went smoothly without any error that I could see. The problem is that the old season should have finished and the new season being loaded, but I'm already at August and the new season (21/22) haven't loaded. My schedule only have the friendlies for my club team and the fixtures from may national team, because i am also managing that team. It is very frustrating. Could you give me a piece of advice or my save is utterly ruined? Thank you.

• SI Staff
On 19/06/2021 at 10:19, neo_noir said:

Hello,
I started a new save, the first season went smoothly without any error that I could see. The problem is that the old season should have finished and the new season being loaded, but I'm already at August and the new season (21/22) haven't loaded. My schedule only have the friendlies for my club team and the fixtures from may national team, because i am also managing that team. It is very frustrating. Could you give me a piece of advice or my save is utterly ruined? Thank you.

This sounds like it may have been caused by some sort of custom editor files. If you upload it to our SI Cloud Server using the instructions below, we'll take a look at it but this sounds like it would have been caused by a custom editor file.

On 18/06/2021 at 12:49, podunkboy said:

One of the most intriguing thing about France's national Cup is the ability of their overseas territories to qualify to enter the French Cup. My sign-up save involves a league team on the African island of Reunion, and by winning some local cup qualified the team to be drawn into the 5th round of the French Cup. My team was drawn against a team in Tahiti, and everything was going great until time to pick the team for the game, when I was informed that 1) No players 16 and under allowed, 2) 7 players selected have to have played in the past two games and 3) only 4 non-EU players are allowed for squad selection...Um...my team's a semi-pro team in the middle of the Indian Ocean, and not only can I not SCOUT off the island, but even if I could, NO EU-based player is going to relocate there, and even the players who hold 2nd-nationality as French are labeled as "foreign" by the game. I can only guess that Tahiti's in the same boat, but how are you expected to compete as a small-time overseas territory team without any actual French players?  This is really a save-breaker, because I can't imagine the French Cup really demanding that foreign overseas territories have a "French-only" squad. 

On 18/06/2021 at 14:49, podunkboy said:

And I did go and look in the specific rules for the French Cup and EU-based eligibility, and listed under "considered to be EU" includes "All African, Caribbean and Pacific Groups of States" (which would include: Reunion, Martinique, Guadaloupe and Tahiti.) Also "all nations in Oceania (except New Zealand". So all the players on my Saint Denis FC team from Reunion, Martinique, Guadaloupe and French Guiana shouldn't have triggered "non-EU". 

So, I assume from the crickets that no one knows why France considers their overseas states to be "EU" but demand that the players from those states all be French?

• 3 months later...

Created albanian players often have double nat like alb-ita, with italian names.. It's very unrealistic, apart from a lil' minority of players with albanian-greek or albanian-north macedonia, albania-kosovo roots.

Cattura.PNG

Cattura1.PNG

Edited by Ratio