Is it playable now?

I remembered I donated 60 euro's back in 2109 to be part of the alpha testing of FM20. It's mid summer 20 now, my question is: is it playable or do I need to wait for a new developer team who will take care of the FM engine in the future? Thanks!

If you already own the game why not play it and discover your own opinion of it?

Playable tends to have such an open ended meaning that if you switch it to just the more generic gaming term then yes its been perfectly playable all along. Is it playable for @Dennis_Ajax? Well that's probably only a question you can answer. 

I am enjoying this version to be fair, had been on fm15 for 5 years before and can now  not go back to that, I admit some weird things happen during games and player interactions can be weird  but I just put that down to being a game

I play it a lot, so it obviously has entertainment value, but it also frustrates me. You have to ignore a couple of things that if you focus too much on them will actually suck the fun out of the experience.

I think he was interested to know if the ME was enjoyable or not, rather than being warned about technical issues.

To be honest, it all depends on the attention we put on it and what kind of weight we give to those "annoyances". In example for me 1v1 missed are incredibly frustrating and gamebraking, as much as offsides broken or defensive set piece routines not executed as instructed.

At the same time I'm curious to know what pushes the OP to think that a different dev team would make a better ME.

7 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

Yes, but you have to ignore a few ME annoyances. 

There are no (or very unlikely to occur) gamebreaking bugs. 

No gamebreaking bugs?

What about the broken code for right click when you sell a player? This is the biggest bug after CM.

What about semi-pro training is totally broken (sessions become unavailable).

That's a few examples.

I do enjoy FM, but this year, is the worst of terms of bugs.

Game breaking is another term that gets horribly misused if something freezes the game entirely, crashes it and there is no way to get beyond then yes it's game breaking. 

Otherwise it's an overhyped I don't like this so let's make it sound worse by calling it game breaking issue. 

You not wanting to continue doesn't equal unable to actually continue. 

2 hours ago, Cadoni said:

No gamebreaking bugs?

What about the broken code for right click when you sell a player? This is the biggest bug after CM.

What about semi-pro training is totally broken (sessions become unavailable).

That's a few examples.

I do enjoy FM, but this year, is the worst of terms of bugs.

30 minutes ago, santy001 said:

Game breaking is another term that gets horribly misused if something freezes the game entirely, crashes it and there is no way to get beyond then yes it's game breaking. 

Otherwise it's an overhyped I don't like this so let's make it sound worse by calling it game breaking issue. 

You not wanting to continue doesn't equal unable to actually continue. 

Basically the above. If you can play the game to 90%+ normality then it is not broken.

To be fair, the semi-pro training is bad, and I've heard of severe issues with scheduling in Italy. 

There's a number of other bugs that greatly annoy me. B team players become "club icons" in France, sometimes hard Brexit doesn't fire properly in England...but they aren't gamebreaking. The basic function of the game still works. 

14 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

Yes, but you have to ignore a few ME annoyances. 

There are no (or very unlikely to occur) gamebreaking bugs. 

You can sell all your players for 300 million. This glitch is not even discovered on this forum yet? It has been in the game for months

Outside the ME the game is great. The ME, however, is extremely poor...especially if you like to watch matches fully like I do. There are huge issues with 1-on-1s/easy chance conversion (too many missed) & set peices/long shots (too many scored) leading to an unbalanced watch.

Below is a screenshot of the last game I've just played that illustrates the issue. I score 1x 30yd long shot & 1 normal finish in the box but miss 4 other guilt edge chances in the process, literally inexplicable misses. Charlton score a 30yd long shot. This = a v. fustrating watch & I could screenshot examples of this every 2nd or 3rd game pretty much (w/ AI scoring predominately through set peices or long shots)

I win 60% of my games & am on 4 B2B promotions so overall having a successful save (& maybe you argue ME gets to the right result in the end) but the type of goals scored is shockingly unbalanced & a cr*p watch. Fine I guess if like many, you just skip through the games but poor if you want to watch the full matches

478731348_Screenshot2020-07-10at14_41_06.thumb.png.dc3ea9eeada3dbc0f93e6c72f92f7c49.png

12 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

Alright that's pretty bad, but it isn't gamebreaking if you don't use it. It is an exploit, a lot of games have exploits. 

It's not an exploit. It's a bug.

1 hour ago, Dennis_Ajax said:

You can sell all your players for 300 million. This glitch is not even discovered on this forum yet? It has been in the game for months

Then just do not do this. What´s so difficult? 

To be fair, OP hasn't evens aid what he considers un-playable, so this thread is a bit subjective.

The transfer glitch thing, is only a glitch if the user does it themselves, so not really game breaking unless you yourself use that

Semi-pro training, not seen an issue with this, other than as a semi pro club you only get 2 days of training which you'd expect being semi pro.

I only watch key highlights and in 2D at that, but I've watched a couple of games at full and you can see patterns, but other than that I've not seen anything in this ME that I would consider game breaking.

OP needs to be more specific on what he thinks is unplayable

47 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Then just do not do this. What´s so difficult? 

You don't pay for broken code. If I will use it or not it's up to me. 

1 hour ago, Lvpool said:

Outside the ME the game is great. The ME, however, is extremely poor...especially if you like to watch matches fully like I do. There are huge issues with 1-on-1s/easy chance conversion (too many missed) & set peices/long shots (too many scored) leading to an unbalanced watch.

Below is a screenshot of the last game I've just played that illustrates the issue. I score 1x 30yd long shot & 1 normal finish in the box but miss 4 other guilt edge chances in the process, literally inexplicable misses. Charlton score a 30yd long shot. This = a v. fustrating watch & I could screenshot examples of this every 2nd or 3rd game pretty much (w/ AI scoring predominately through set peices or long shots)

I win 60% of my games & am on 4 B2B promotions so overall having a successful save (& maybe you argue ME gets to the right result in the end) but the type of goals scored is shockingly unbalanced & a cr*p watch. Fine I guess if like many, you just skip through the games but poor if you want to watch the full matches

478731348_Screenshot2020-07-10at14_41_06.thumb.png.dc3ea9eeada3dbc0f93e6c72f92f7c49.png

2nd game of the day below. LOOOOL, another AI set peice goal & 2 ridiculously easy chances missed for me. State of this ME...t's unbelievable. Could post these all day

114887017_Screenshot2020-07-10at16_08_12.thumb.png.3d84e8103dc4e2a5977b814feec4a160.png