Nordic Travels

Raware

With obviously a lot of spare time for some of us now, this means that we can get some more FM hours in :D and for me, I can start a save in a region that I’ve always loved in football – Scandinavia, or more precisely, the Nordic region…the Nordic region being the Scandinavian countries Denmark, Norway and Sweden as well as Finland and Iceland.

So, with that I’ve loaded up the Nordic leagues available in FM and have used Espen and trondaage’s Norway lower league database to start a game in the Norwegian Fourth Division.

Game : Football Manager 2020 (PC)

Database size : Large

Leagues loaded :

• Denmark (Second Division and above)

• Finland (First Division and above)

• Iceland (First Division and above)

• Norway (Fourth Division and above)

• Sweden (Second Division and above)

Previous experience : Sunday morning footballer

With those leagues loaded, I’ve decided to start in Norway with Lillehammer FK who currently play in the Fourth Division Group 7.

iHyx9k8.png

Career Summary

Season     Team          	League          	   		 Position    Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019    Lillehammer FK	Norwegian Fourth Division Group 7	    1st      League Champions

Trophy Cabinet

Norwegian Fourth Division Group 7 - 2019

Edited by Raware

18 hours ago, cerud said:

Love this layout!

18 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It's phenomenal isn't it. :applause:

I have no idea how he is doing it, but it is quite simply a work of art. Brilliant stuff. Well done @Raware

17 hours ago, Rikulec said:

I'll say it as well, great layout and an interesting save. Will definitely be following!

15 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Great layout ! good luck

4 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Agreed, the layout and graphics on here is incredibly good! Everybody will want to know how you did this :applause:

Thanks fellas :thup: Really appreciated.  Not sure if many of you will remember but when this forum first started, I posted my Hong Kong save in here with a similar layout.  It's always something I've thought about doing again but never got round to it.  Now we've got some extra spare time, thought I'd dig out the old style again :D Glad you're enjoying it :)

6 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Would you mind linking us to your Hong Kong save please? 

Unfortunately, all of my images were saved on photo bucket and for some reason they all got deleted years ago!  :(  Gutting really as I'd like to go back and see them! 

Edited by Raware

cTSpeXA.png

Career Summary

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019       Lillehammer FK	Norwegian Fourth Division Group 7	   1st       League Champions
2020       Lillehammer FK       Norwegian Third Division Group 5           2nd       -

Trophy Cabinet

Edited by Raware

blSwU3X.png

Career Summary

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019       Lillehammer FK	Norwegian Fourth Division Group 7	   1st       League Champions
2020       Lillehammer FK       Norwegian Third Division Group 5           2nd       -
2021       Lillehammer FK       Norwegian Third Division Group 5           1st       League Champions

Trophy Cabinet

Norwegian Third Division Group 5  - 2021

11 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Progressing very nicely Raware.

11 hours ago, Peter G said:

Unbeaten :applause:

Thanks fellas :thup: There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference in terms of quality between the lower leagues of Norway so we're adjusting well to the climb in divisions.  At what point the quality of teams starts to show, I'm not sure, it's been a while since I've played the Nordic/Scandinavian leagues.

7 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

I remember Sorensen drom my Faroese save.He is a quite good winger who can score and i believe he will help you.:thup:

He looks decent and hopefully he'll make an impact.  He's got to be half decent if he's playing international football

edAfdPM.png

Career Summary

2021       Lillehammer FK       Norwegian Third Division Group 5           1st       League Champions
2022       Lillehammer FK       Norwegian Second Division Group 2          3rd       -

Trophy Cabinet

On 14/06/2020 at 15:11, Sheriff7 said:

Second faroese!:lock:He was a real soldier in my save until his retirement,he helped us both us CB and LB.Very good choice.;)

Despite him being 31, he's been great for us so far this season! :D

On 15/06/2020 at 21:42, Nobby_McDonald said:

Good effort Raware. Better luck this coming season.

Thanks @Nobby_McDonald.  I hate playoffs!

Edited by Raware

JXuzIR6.png

Career Summary

2022       Lillehammer FK       Norwegian Second Division Group 2          3rd       -
2023       Lillehammer FK       Norwegian Second Division Group 2          1st       League Champions

Trophy Cabinet

Norwegian Second Division Group 2 - 2023

On 21/06/2020 at 15:59, Rikulec said:

That's a very good season. :thup:

On 22/06/2020 at 21:53, Nobby_McDonald said:

Sorted Raware. :thup:

Thanks fellas.  This could be where things start to change.  The First Division is a bit more competitive than the Group leagues in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th divisions

On 25/06/2020 at 18:29, Crispypaul said:

Love a good Nordic career. Great start!

Thanks @Crispypaul.  It's probably been 10+ years since I last played a Nordic save.  Still have fond memories of signing players like Stefan Ishizaki, Kennedy Bakircioglu, Samuel Holmen and Marcus Berg :D 

On 28/06/2020 at 05:46, karanhsingh said:

Nice story and best of luck! The Icelandic newgen looks very promising. 

Thanks @karanhsingh.  He's having a decent first season!

On 28/06/2020 at 14:13, Fosse said:

Trautason should absolutely murder the second division. He’s possibly an Eliteserien 15-20 goal a season striker already 

Thanks @Fosse.  It's like you knew! :D He's ripping up the First Division!  Not sure how long we'll be able to keep hold of him as the big Norwegian clubs are already wanting him :( 

23 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Every time I remember to take a quick look in here, I just marvel at how good this is laid out. The fact that you are gaining promotions is also nice, you deserve the success for all your time and effort.

Good luck avoiding relegation.

Thanks @Jogo Bonito.  Glad you're enjoying the layout.  I do like the newspaper style, even if it is more time consuming than my usual updates.

Edited by Raware

2 hours ago, Raware said:

Thanks @Fosse.  It's like you knew! :D He's ripping up the First Division!  Not sure how long we'll be able to keep hold of him as the big Norwegian clubs are already wanting him :( 

They don’t have much cash really, have you offered him a new deal? 

I’m surprised Kristiansunds got relegated, they normally rise up the league

16 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Arendal? So Elsa and Anna from Frozen are actually Swedish.

My daughter would love this team if she knew about them. :D

Norwegian actually :lol: :D 

15 hours ago, Fosse said:

They don’t have much cash really, have you offered him a new deal? 

I’m surprised Kristiansunds got relegated, they normally rise up the league

Just managed to finally persuade him to sign an extension :brock: hopefully that'll keep them away for a while.  He's also just picked up his first full Icelandic cap.  He could be special!

I'm surprised they went down too.  They still have a strong squad so it's no surprise that they're favourites to bounce straight back up.

CQgiM7E.png

2023       Lillehammer FK       Norwegian Second Division Group 2          1st       League Champions
2024	   Lillehammer FK       Norwegian First Division                   3rd       -

Trophy Cabinet

Norwegian Second Division Group 2 - 2023

Edited by Raware

On 30/06/2020 at 21:58, Jogo Bonito said:

Great update as usual. Also a surprise to see Mjondalen relegated. Great contract extension for your Iceman and good luck going one better next season.

Thanks @Jogo Bonito.  There have been a few teams in this save so far who've surprisingly been relegated.  As for Traustason, I didn't think he was going to sign an extension at one point but thankfully he finally has.  The lad is unbelievable!  One of my best finds on FM for sure!