Arsenal RELEGATED!!

Often, I like to go on holiday just to simulate seasons overnight and I woke up to this. I have literally never seen any big 6 team get relegated unless I messed with their financials. What in the hell happened to Arsenal!?

Screenshot 2020-04-22 06.21.44.png

44 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Why is this surprising? It happens

Actually Arsenal have never been relegated in real life so technically, it doesn't happen, so I can understand the OPs surprise when it did.

I'm in 2039 and none of the top 6 have been relegated, however Everton have become the perennial yo-yo club.

Never nice seeing Barnsley relegated :'(

On a side note, Arsenal should never have been promoted to the old First Division all those years ago. Barnsley finished above them, but the FA had a meeting and decided to promote Arsenal instead because they were 'more fashionable'. Sad times for us

12 hours ago, Cadoni said:

Have you added as playable league or full details via Game status?

yes it's a playable league

6 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

I was more shocked about the top 4 than the relegation places!

i know right! For some reason Villa and Leeds became really consistently good. I don't know if the big 6 just got weak or the league as a whole got better. Probably a bit of both as evidenced by Arsenal getting relegated

I remember Spurs getting relegated only 4 seasons in, this was probably FM 18. Thus begun the greatest season in my FM career - applying and getting that job, having £150m to spend in the Championship, having Dele Ali, Son and for the second half of the season Kane (loaned him out for first half cos he wanted to leave, but recalled him on January 1 and he never asked to leave again!) 42 wins 1 draw, 3 defeats.

Good times...

On 22/04/2020 at 21:24, Muttley84 said:

It's 25 years into the future, some things are bound to change, not much surprise for me there.

I've played a game for 15 years and nothing has changed. Some of the bottom teams have swapped but it's still the same teams at the top. I gave up and ditched that save, EPL gets really boring honestly. I could see the Spanish league have shook up a lot, a team called Malaga FC shot up to the top half of La Liga and it was interesting to see their results. 3-0 RM, 1-1 Barca, etc. On the Italian side, too, SPAL had somehow stopped ping ponging around and was established mid table.

Usually the AI is not that great at squad building hence the occasional freak incident may happen. Usually teams suddenly get good in my save due to them buying a few really good regens and get lucky with them