FMCU Joint Save

andychar

Ok so I just wanted to gage interest in this.

Pretty sure its been attempted before but it just died of death.

The idea is to have one save. Anybody interested comes forward before the creation of the save and names are "drawn out of a hat" to determine the order we go in. Anybody who joins late can go to the back of the line.

The idea would be to create a manager we all take it in turns to control. 1 user gets 365 days then must pass it onto the next in line.

Whoever goes first would create the save, start unemployed with no badge or experience and it would be their choice on who we start with. 365 days later they upload the save and number 2 takes over etc. 

I thought it would be interesting to see how one club does with several different tactics and approaches. Some of us like Youth, some of us like a nice big budget.

The goal of the save would be just to progress through and aim for the top. Would be nice to finish the save as the World Hall of Fame leader if we wanted a goal.

Obviously there would be things that would need ironing out. For example a standard @Makoto Nakamura save has about 55 different countries and 110 leagues...my laptop nearly exploded me typing this. Maybe we try and match the handover date with the date new leagues are formed so we could add/remote leagues to each persons interest.

Obviously whoever is in charge at the time has the say on anything, transfers, fines, completely new club in a completely new country, etc.

If we ever did reach the end of the list then it would just rollover back to the top of the list unless somebody wants to drop out.

What does everybody think? Stupid? Possible? Would you be up for giving it a go?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Seems like a good idea. What countries/leagues are you thinking of managing ?

Was thinking the big leagues to begin with. England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy but I'm very open to suggestions to what anybody would want. Suppose it would depend on who gets drawn as number 1.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

So basically we do a season with a team and then pass the game file onto the next person then ?

Thats it. A thread would be set up so we could all follow progress as it goes on. Person in charge could also ask for advice.

5 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

I like it and would definitely have a go. :thup:

Excellent stuff :)

I think we need to do the leagues setup as light as possible to make sure it runs well in everyone's laptops. Starting unemployed this is a bit of a problem because that's exactly the kind of career where you need quite a few leagues to give us many job options so idk. Maybe only the full ladder of England, Spain, Italy and Germany and absolutely nothing else and small DB? Even that can already be a bit heavy as it's 6 divisions ENG + 6 SPA (4 in the 3rd tier) + 5 ITA (3 in the 3rd tier) + 3 GER = 20 divisions simulated.

Also I think we should make it like a limit of 1 week for each manager to play their season otherwise it can get stuck on someone who didn't have time to play.

I'm in, I guess one season of FM20 can't hurt.

Edited by noikeee

52 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I think we need to do the leagues setup as light as possible to make sure it runs well in everyone's laptops. Starting unemployed this is a bit of a problem because that's exactly the kind of career where you need quite a few leagues to give us many job options so idk. Maybe only the full ladder of England, Spain, Italy and Germany and absolutely nothing else and small DB? Even that can already be a bit heavy as it's 6 divisions ENG + 6 SPA (4 in the 3rd tier) + 5 ITA (3 in the 3rd tier) + 3 GER = 20 divisions simulated.

Also I think we should make it like a limit of 1 week for each manager to play their season otherwise it can get stuck on someone who didn't have time to play.

I'm in, I guess one season of FM20 can't hurt.

Maybe we could add and remove leagues as we go along to fit whomever is taking over the save next, unless that would be too difficult to maintain.

I am happy with small database, low amount of leagues as it would make it harder in a way.

I thought we could try and match the handover date with the date before most European leagues reset. That way the next person will have full control over what leagues are added or removed. 
But yeah agreed this would be the biggest obstacle to face I think.  
Maybe we could have another draw for the opening team. All participating players pick 1 team and then it gets drawn out at random. 

8 minutes ago, andychar said:

I thought we could try and match the handover date with the date before most European leagues reset. That way the next person will have full control over what leagues are added or removed. 
But yeah agreed this would be the biggest obstacle to face I think.  
Maybe we could have another draw for the opening team. All participating players pick 1 team and then it gets drawn out at random. 

Yeah that is what I meant but didn't word it that well, seems like the right way to set it up.

8 minutes ago, andychar said:

A week force might be a bit too extreme as I sometimes struggle to do a full season in a week. Maybe 2 weeks as the maximum? 

Everyone will have their own speed on how they do things, I can usually complete a season within 12 hours of gameplay but I do have a high speed gaming laptop and also I holiday in between games and don't micro manage that much.

2 weeks seems a fair amount of time for people to complete it, some might finish their turn quicker then others.

i like the concept, but for me it will most likely be following along and cheering from afar, I have too many commitments to confirm I could complete a season in any fixed amount of time. Plus currently I have no financial availability or interest to upgrade to FM20 from 19 :)

hope it goes well though!

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

On the other hand, two weeks is quite a lot of time to wait for your turn. How about taking shorter turns, for example two or three months before handing the save over?

Or how about dynamic turn times depending on how long the season would cost? Like, the English leagues would definitely take quite a while, but the Icelandic or Singaporean leagues are quick and snappy. Could change it around with that.

This is a great idea, i'm in.

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

On the other hand, two weeks is quite a lot of time to wait for your turn. How about taking shorter turns, for example two or three months before handing the save over?

Suppose we could do a system where everybody gets 7 days and it’s how much you can do in that time. Could be a few months. Could be a few seasons. 

29 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

i like the concept, but for me it will most likely be following along and cheering from afar, I have too many commitments to confirm I could complete a season in any fixed amount of time. Plus currently I have no financial availability or interest to upgrade to FM20 from 19 :)

hope it goes well though!

Well if you get FM20 and decide you fancy it you can be added to the list at any time :)

I'd say get people to put forward a club they want to manage, after 5/6 options we make a poll and whichever one wins we load the recommended leagues alongside it. 

4/5/6 Leagues shouldn't be too bad for everyone :onmehead:

6 hours ago, wynter said:

I'd say get people to put forward a club they want to manage, after 5/6 options we make a poll and whichever one wins we load the recommended leagues alongside it. 

4/5/6 Leagues shouldn't be too bad for everyone :onmehead:

I like it. I’ll give people till Wednesday than we can start the poll. 

@Mandy42 I knew you’d cave! Muhahahahahahaha

I used to love the joint saves we did, but they were in the Challenges Forum rather than in here. They used to be quite a big thing back in the day. 

I would be interested in giving it a go once the save is up and running, but not overly keen on doing an early season. 

Perhaps an option might be to limit the number of structures at the start and then have the option of adding 1 new structure and deleting another structure at various points in the save?

Also, in terms of big decisions, (like moving clubs), maybe the Manager that season should have to run a poll for a general view from the masses.

Haha go on Nobby you know you want 2! 

I’m going to get a list of everybody who has said they are interested tomorrow. Anybody who is interested give me a team they would start with if they are randomly picked first and that’s how we will start. 

Gonna recommend a niche choice

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTRDwbpuW1sT2UUDrK2k

Macarthur FC

The most interesting thing about these guys?

0230d7e26ed68712c6979ed268d20f17.png

They don't have a first team. Like the MLS clubs a few years ago they won't play in Year One.

I'd suggest whoever takes first gets both windows to make a team for us and then we play with that. Makes an interesting challenge as Dynamics will be godawful due to the mass influx of players, let's us go to places outside Europe and the A-League has some restrictions that make it very challenging but rewarding once you start nailing it :)

Also happy to start first with it.

Right sorry Its late but this is who I've got as interested. 

Andychar @Ronaldo Beckham @Rikulec @Jimbokav1971 @wynter @noikeee @Mandy42@Minuy600 @GloryFan2002

I've added people based on if they have posted on this thread. Let me know if you're not bothered. If you want to join its not to late. You will be added to the back of the list.

Because he asked specifically I will give the honour of starting the save to @wynter. I am happy to start with the 

Australian League

English Leagues (All Divisions)

Northern Ireland (All Divisions)

Scotland (All Division)

Then maybe one off leagues like MLS

@wynter I will give you free reign to what leagues we start with, the above was just a suggestion.

The rest I've done a Random List Generator expect @Jimbokav1971 who I have put at the back because he didn't want an early season.

Here are the results...

1. Wynter
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec
  4. Ronaldo Beckham
  5. Noikeee
  6. Minuy600
  7. Mandy42
  8. Jimbokav1971

Once the list has finished it just resets back to the top.

So as per your suggestion @wynter...two windows to get us started.

I pass on the torch onto you. Good luck!

Edited by andychar

40 minutes ago, GloryFan2002 said:

sorry mate, still on FM19 so I’m going to have to pass off my spot on the list, was just providing a suggestion

No worries mate I've removed you from the list. If you get 20 and fancy it let me know :)

57 minutes ago, Kingofcm03 said:

If not too late, I can also join this. If the plan is actually A-league then awesome! I am infact Australian and an A-league fan.

1. Wynter
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec
  4. Ronaldo Beckham
  5. Noikeee
  6. Minuy600
  7. Mandy42
  8. Jimbokav1971
  9. Kingofcm03

Ive added you to the list :) although can’t promise exactly where we will be by the time it’s your season! 

1 minute ago, andychar said:
  1. Wynter
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec
  4. Ronaldo Beckham
  5. Noikeee
  6. Minuy600
  7. Mandy42
  8. Jimbokav1971
  9. Kingofcm03

Ive added you to the list :) although can’t promise exactly where we will be by the time it’s your season! 

Nice! Is there a full list of rules etc? Days played or time limits? I have read it all but conflicting requests and thoughts 

37 minutes ago, Kingofcm03 said:

Nice! Is there a full list of rules etc? Days played or time limits? I have read it all but conflicting requests and thoughts 

Basically everybody gets 365 days. Wynter is currently setting the team up doing signings and then will pass it onto me. Ideally if you could finish your season in a week and pass it onto the next person that would be great. I think we said any major changes should be ran by everybody. 

2 hours ago, andychar said:

Basically everybody gets 365 days. Wynter is currently setting the team up doing signings and then will pass it onto me. Ideally if you could finish your season in a week and pass it onto the next person that would be great. I think we said any major changes should be ran by everybody. 

I usually do a season within 2-3 human days, if I end up taking over the save on a weekend I could have a season done within a day.

I am thinking of bringing a football legend to whichever club I end up at to make the save stand out, just depends which club we are etc.

Maybe De Rossi, Zlatan, hell maybe get Messi if he leaves Barca etc lol.

So the season was mainly a lot of waiting. Macarthur started with 30k in the balance overall, but were projected to make 3mil over the course of the season. The majority of the time was spent simming, keeping costs low and allowing us to build up a quasi warchest for eventual signings.

Any club without real players of course starts with greyed out players and from that we've picked up a really solid prospect/rotation option.

74c16ae3ff89105aa0ca846686e740e5.png

So we started simming, simmed to about January when players could be signed on frees. I did periodically stop and make a few signings as we went. Free Transfers and players from the NPL (Australia's second league) were the early focus.

76f8bba16baa9efb91fe7ce786ec07a1.png

Brindell-South isn't great, but he'll probably be starting out right for us and can easily do a job.

Moving onto the bigger/more important signings.

A-League Rules

52fa51bcff4ec29b9f056e9f7e103b59.png

The major rules to keep in mind for the A-League are

- 23 Players Max

- 32.5k Per Week in wages is the maximum you're allowed to offer those 23 with 2 exceptions.

- DP's or Marquees can be signed and registered  without their wages counting against the cap.

- 5 Foreign Players

Effectively, you have 32.5k p/w to work between 21/22 players, provided you pick up one or two marquees.

Also before the season started proper we had an intake of 4 22-25 year old 'youth candidates'. I signed two, and rejected the other two, didn't really make sense so was thinking about not signing any of them but we got some good options out of Atangana and Tomas on the wings.

9d02088977221747507eb9b871dc5b67.png

45e7f027a2da1e9f75ccb7904778e001.png

Transfers

We got our initial budget at 2.2mil. I immediately sunk 700k into Scouting so we had a global talent pool to source from.

a1081b1af1b230dddcf7ca42b7ee0c19.png

This opened up players we couldn't see before and majorly added to the DP Pool where I found Sergio

Given scouting and recruitment so far. Our problem areas were LW/Striker/LB I primarily was thinking of focusing on Defence and made a shortlist of DPs that were generally defensive minded.

07b80a09f9ba21539a6b6aab5aee35b9.png

Gameplan was to wait out contract expiry's and hit upon Free Agents to get in and strengthen our backline.

Enter Sergio

5b05fe6c0ece27c146cd39d84ad898ef.png

His contract had expired in the Andorran league but we ran into some initial struggle on his free agency. He wanted 6k a week, the most the board would let me offer was 3.6. Initially he wasn't keen at all, so we had to wait 2-3 weeks for him to entertain us as an option. Another 2-3 weeks to wear him down to 4.5-5k demands. Then we brought him in on trial and he loved the club so much we were able to negotiate him down to 3.6k P/W after about 2 months of relentless haggling. But we have our first Marquee.

9c86286c5b2d36682c18bfb3a30f2424.png

Free transfers were the main dealings in the June/July window.

Major Players 

Melling

84d09155f93c0a69b3799456c4a92eb2.png

Makarounas

82c42cf9a74f6345502b28f2070d2589.png

DeVere

f786703aea622cd69c3ae08b24ce1186.png

Cauz

ad3ce7957b0bdab8bb08f3ca6afa4185.png

Melling adds steel, Makarounas is a versatile attacking player, DeVere is one of the best A-League Australian CBs and Cauz was a gamble as I signed him with almost no scouting done, but he's a good left back that fills an urgent need.

Our last moves were about quality, which turned us to the loan market.

Agoume adds creativity to the midfield. Pennington is an Australian player so we focused on luring him home. Gabbia is a quality BPD prospect which adds versatility to our backline if anyone wants to use the role and he can also cover the DM strata. Balthazar... I just signed for the name. Luckily he's great. If we can make Balthazar Cook a MacArthur Icon I'll die happy.

Overall

We have a strong First Team, some useful rotation options, but 4-6 players at the club are honestly just bodies we needed. I will refer you to the A-League rules for whoever takes over next @andychar You're better off releasing those 4-6 bodies around Mid-Jan or so if you can find better players, go the back end of the season without them and at the end of the season their wages won't count under our salary cap anymore and we can recruit more FA Australian Players that'll be better quality without worrying about going over the cap. There's a weird science to the A-League but it does make it fun :) 

Edited by wynter

34 minutes ago, andychar said:

I’m *gulp* ready. 

As it’s SuperBowl weekend I won’t get to play until earliest Monday as I’ll be drinking a dangerous amount of alcohol. 

Just stay away from the black label Serbian rum...

With my final update before I hand over to @andychar

Made some last minute alterations with a few players coming on the market.

Garuccio at Hearts became available.

72623753eb61640b1190331e04229239.png

Not a massive improvement on Cauz but getting him allowed us to release Cauz. Releasing Cauz had a minor impact on our salary cap but it allowed us to free up another foreign player slot which I used to bring in a Goalkeeper

743cc2d222ec661604c44d25c7f32aba.png

Huge improvement over our current options.

Gwargis meanwhile is a great youth prospect and Australian, so hopefully we can give him some gametime.

60cbdf360608919c558b91dd739a5bfc.png

Link to Continue the save

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AgihZPfY0ExOXGYP3jmASuAvEupI4cCT

Edited by wynter