FMCU Joint Save

andychar

End of the regular season...

jTi7mFr.jpg

ilIcQjN.jpg

D1nBFbo.jpg

Quite inconsistent. In the final few macthes I've been trialling a variation that includes a trequartista as lone striker, as an alternative with mixed success. Had we beat Melbourne Victory in the final fixture we would've made it to 2nd place and the semi-final directly, but it wasn't to be, now we will play Adelaide United in the quarter-finals.

In the ACL we're through to the knockouts already with ease.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, noikeee said:

To whomever hired goalkeeper Diego Alves earlier as our player. He's been having an "amazing" career as a manager in Australia. Lasted 2 months and 3 days as manager of Melbourne City.

OjPDv1X.jpg

He was one of the Brazilians I signed lol, I think he was the only one the board didn't realize after a week or so of me signing them lol.

The first of 3 finals...

5HbWrui.jpg

We're through! But we missed so. many. chances. It was absolutely absurd, our players just kept on being released face-to-face with their goalie, and nothing. What matters is we're in the A-League semi-finals. We have to play Melbourne Victory in there which could be really difficult as that's the team we played just a week ago and struggled with. Before that, we still have the final group match in the ACL in China, which doesn't matter at all but the trip and the match might tire out players (I'll rotate everyone).

Start warming up @Minuy600!

Onto the big semi-final...

yfHBdDU.jpg

Yes! A very ugly win with an early penalty and then defending most of the match (I even went 5 at the back), but it counts, we're back to the A-League final, where we last were in @andychar's season.

Our opponents are Perth Glory. Our record against them the league this season is mixed, we won 2-0 away lost 2-0 at home.

The Grand Final, the most important match of the season...

We dominated this match but were getting seriously FM'd as they scored in a header in a freekick right before half-time. It went on and on and on and I was getting desperate so midway through the 2nd half I ditched the entire tactic, and loaded up my Champagne football tactic from the other career. It worked and we equalised minute 82, but it went to extra-time.

We kept on dominating extra time, and had a penalty. Golden chance for centerback Harry Souttar to give us the title.... missed. We didn't score any more. 120 minutes of barging against a parked bus to no avail, it all went to penalties.

First 7 penalties or so all went in. Then our teenager Philipp Tinker missed for us. Surely over? No. Popovic missed for them. Redmayne scored ours.

It went on and on, Perth taking their pens earlier, us later. 4-4. 5-5. Wutrich takes for Perth, in, 6-5. Justin Chipperfield goes to shoot ours.... missed. Perth are champions.

4mAM2nz.jpg

LWBVeSK.jpg 

Sorry guys. :( 

We're in the knockout stages of the ACL playing Guanghzou next, which technically is still part of this season. But I think the playoff finals do give this season a bit of "closure", and this was exactly the point that Ronaldo Beckham handed it over to me a season ago, so I think this is the right time to hand it over to @Minuy600. Here's just a little squad review to wrap things up from my part.

DToHyni.jpg

As you can see I've kept a few too many players, not everyone would fit in to this screenshot. One of the main jobs of the next manager will probably to decide who they want and who they don't, and trim down the squad size to their liking.

Goalkeepers

snq1goJ.jpg PY3Yhue.jpg

7gB3GHe.jpg LRdspEf.jpg KT0nSxn.jpg

Barnes is the starter in goal, but there's an issue as he fills in a foreigner slot, currently we have 1 too many for the Champions League, for now I've opted to leave him out. I've also goofed up a bit and promised him we wouldn't sell him, which is dubious as he might be a good sale. The alternatives aren't great, which is why I've already signed Pavlesic for next season. There's also a pretty promising kid here in Hooper which is probably the long term future of the position, I currently loaned him out.

Fullbacks

qKen8sh.jpg 3cGdb62.jpg zrKuJgs.jpg QRZzsVA.jpg

Leftback is a problem position, Garuccio is good and had a wonder season with 10 assists but his alternative Chipperfield is all physical skills and terrible technicals, although he's a kid with potential. On the right there's Coyle who is one of the best players in the squad and also covers for midfield. I've been using Redmayne as his backup, Redmayne's a natural winger who I've been training to play RB from scratch (no familiarity).

Centerbacks

bm4SUiF.jpg 9YWo5ot.jpg IxWf2gv.jpg bR0FDJl.jpg

Souttar is one of the best players in the squad, the issue is who to pair him with. Lamberton is the most accomplished of the others, but Wilkinson and Reid are younger and have more potential. I have been playing Reid because he's pacey and I was using quite a high line.

Midfield

CpL5riF.jpg yaNiz0u.jpg KPDVENv.jpg lCWNppl.jpg VGUysWL.jpg P0uyWBw.jpg

Heaps of talent here. Clarke is born to be a BWM which is why I built a tactic around that role at the beginning, but to suit the system better I ended up playing him as DLP later which is not ideal. Danzo is a decent DLP option but perhaps overpaid, also don't forget the RB Coyle as an option for a more defensive minded midfielder, I used him as DLP a bit too. A little more advanced, Sykes is an excellent player that I used as RPM and can even be played wide on the left as inverted winger. Francois I didn't rate at the beginning but he absolutely excelled as mezzala later on, which left fewer opportunities for the 2 talented teenagers that are also suited to being attacking runners from midfield, Acheson and Walker.

Wingers

ES9JngY.jpg TKKoMst.jpg fVJtmCL.jpg

We're getting into where we're stacked with quite possibly too many players. Redmayne has been put in the RB section but he's a winger. Here the 2 really exciting prospects are the 2 teenagers Dunn and Ristovski. I see Ristovski as a huge talent in the making, really like him and he did great in the ACL. Obviously as I was using IWs I was adapting them to the opposite wing. Atangana is that one odd player that is more like a wide target man, wacky combo of skills, nearly sold him.

Strikers, IFs and all sorts of other forwardy players

1Dmq022.jpg tZZID4r.jpg Thc3c3Q.jpg DgXf8gz.jpg lnaeAg3.jpg

This is where there's a serious share of talent. Steve Smith is currently by far the club's best player, 10 goals and 13 assists this season confirmed this, however watch out as I had to give him a 2M€ release clause for him to move to Australia, so he might leave at any moment. Hlophe is another huge prospect, super pacey. Tinker is a similar mould of player to Hlophe but a bit behind in his development, likewise Clements - perhaps the next manager does not need all these kids and one could be loaned out. D'Agostino was one of my signings that perhaps could be already moved on now, I got him as a IW-suitable option but he disappointed and he's much older than this bunch.

Finances

EPHlK3s.jpg

I'm gonna be honest, this doesn't look great, I might've been a bit too optimistic with the spending. However I think we're about to receive some cash from the league, but a sale of a player or two might help us, specially those that are overpaid, don't have potential, or won't play much.

----

Here's the savegame, enjoy! https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E64hQOHbasMZ2cEFVNN19MvngDS59wES

Also @Minuy600 keep in mind you do have the option to move to another club if you wish. Feel free to play your own way, update your own way, there's no rules here as far as I know, just play a season and enjoy the game. :) 

48 minutes ago, noikeee said:

The Grand Final, the most important match of the season...

We dominated this match but were getting seriously FM'd as they scored in a header in a freekick right before half-time. It went on and on and on and I was getting desperate so midway through the 2nd half I ditched the entire tactic, and loaded up my Champagne football tactic from the other career. It worked and we equalised minute 82, but it went to extra-time.

We kept on dominating extra time, and had a penalty. Golden chance for centerback Harry Souttar to give us the title.... missed. We didn't score any more. 120 minutes of barging against a parked bus to no avail, it all went to penalties.

First 7 penalties or so all went in. Then our teenager Philipp Tinker missed for us. Surely over? No. Popovic missed for them. Redmayne scored ours.

It went on and on, Perth taking their pens earlier, us later. 4-4. 5-5. Wutrich takes for Perth, in, 6-5. Justin Chipperfield goes to shoot ours.... missed. Perth are champions.

4mAM2nz.jpg

LWBVeSK.jpg 

Sorry guys. :( 

Ouch..... thats a big rough. Unlucky but still a decent season. Well done.

I enjoy the regen names of Popovic, Redmayne and Chipperfield all are current/former Australian Internationals. 

3 minutes ago, Kingofcm03 said:

Ouch..... thats a big rough. Unlucky but still a decent season. Well done.

I enjoy the regen names of Popovic, Redmayne and Chipperfield all are current/former Australian Internationals. 

Popovic is a real player that plays for Perth, but good spot. :D 

Just noticed I missed Ziada-Belteky on the squad review, a IF/IW type of player who started almost all season on the right wing. He was an important piece of the team as he was top scorer for a while (though the goals later dried off), but isn't as talented as Smith or Hlophe, neither has the potential of Tinker. Bought him at the beginning of the season, the screenshot is somewhere in the previous page, he's improved slightly since. 

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

Here's the savegame, enjoy! https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E64hQOHbasMZ2cEFVNN19MvngDS59wES

Also @Minuy600 keep in mind you do have the option to move to another club if you wish. Feel free to play your own way, update your own way, there's no rules here as far as I know, just play a season and enjoy the game. :) 

Congrats on a good season @noikeee:applause:

I think you were really unlucky in the Final. 

I'm going to download the save and have a look myself I think, so @Minuy600if you want some advice then feel free to ask. If on the other hand you want to move somewhere else, (or do absolutely anything at all), then as @noikeeesays, feel free to do absolutely anything you want which includes completely ignoring anything I might have to say. :lol:

My take on things. 

GK.

Barnes is the best we have, (and is a product of the Barnet Academy which nobody at all cares about except me), but the big thing is that he only have a CA of 3.0 and as @noikeeehas mentioned takes up a FGN player slot. Hooper seems to be one for the future, but not the here and now, so if I was taking over I would be trying to sell Barnes and replace him with an AUS GK who has a similar CA right now. When I look at the player search screen I can see that we only have scout reports for 4 AUS GK's. The highest ranked of these is 19 year old Benn Smith but while he looks decent, he is still one for the future. I would be looking to get more scout reports done on the best GK's and see what else is available. 

DL.

We look a little weak at left back and this is something that @noikeeementioned too. Chipperfield and Garuccio are the players in contention and both have 2.5 CA with little room for improvement. I would be looking to bring in a better left back in terms of CA and possibly also look to bring in a youngster with higher PA. 

DR

Coyle is 1st choice here and looks good, but we could possibly do with signing a non-FGN back-up. 

DC

We have 3 decent centre-backs in Wilkinson, Lamberton & Souttar but we also have Reid who looks like he might have decent PA. The big thing here is that 20 year old DC Wilkinson is still on a Youth contract for some reason. We need to look at signing him to a pro contract. If @noikeeehas mentioned this then I have missed it. 

ML/AML

I don't like "inverted" players as a rule, so I'm going to assume that where players can play on both sides they are only available to play on their footed side. 

Ristovski seems to be the man here and has 5.0 PA, but he is only 17 and I also notice that he has "high injury susceptibility", which might be a problem. Garuccio seems to provide cover at both DL and ML/AML, so we might need another winger in. 

MR/AMR.

Redmayne & Dunn are teenagers who look decent and will improve further, but again, both have "high injury susceptibility", which is not ideal. Are they both going to be available? Redmayne is another who is on a youth contract and we need to sort that outAnatanga is the WTM that @noikeeementioned and I also notice that he has the PPM "drops deep to get ball". Well that's really not ideal for a WTM. He's not even going to be great at the niche things that we think he should be good at. He's worth £550k so I would definitely be looking to cash in. He's already been transfer listed by @noikeeebut there is nobody interested although this might be down to the asking price of £650k. I would possibly be dropping the asking price significantly in order to generate a sale. His wage is £1,200 is actually a yearly cost of £62,400 and it's that sort of thing I think about when selling players. 

MC.

Clarke, Acheson, Walker, Francois, DanzoSykes give us depth in the middle of the pitch but I think we are possibly lacking a playmaker with some real technical ability and it's this sort of player that I would be trying to add. 

SC.

Smith, Tinker, HlopheZZB give us good options in this area and youngster Clements adds some depth. Tinker is a new (bargain) signing and should improve us. 

If I was taking over this squad I think I would be quite happy. There are only a couple of problem areas and there appears to be scope to sell players to generate some additional income. There is already a transfer of £365k and available wage budget of approx. £24k per week.

Good luck @Minuy600I think @noikeeehas handed you the baton in a really good position. :applause:

@Jimbokav1971 nice analysis but there's two quirky issues about Australia you might not be aware of. 

The first is it's really hard to sign Ozzie players. You're not allowed to put in transfer bids for A League players, only do swap deals (which I found impossible to do), so the only way you can get them is either from lower league or from foreign leagues, or pay huge compensation fees for A League players on youth contracts. Which is why the only decent Ozzie keeper I could get is Pavlovic who's about to arrive on a free. 

The other issue is there's a total wage cap on the rules, which is checked on the squad registration screen - you can't register players if the total wage bill is above the cap, and if you leave out unregistered players not on youth contracts they get their contracts automatically mutually terminated. This wage cap is roughly half of our wage budget so we're already tight on that. So there's a slight advantage on having players on youth contracts, they save money on the wage bill and the compensation fees are high so it's still hard for the other Ozzie clubs to grab them. But I did miss that Reid was on a youth contract and should've got him on a pro deal. 

This also means that getting rid of overpaid players to open up room in the wage cap for possible new signings, might be a priority. 

Edited by noikeee

7 minutes ago, noikeee said:

@Jimbokav1971 nice analysis but there's two quirky issues about Australia you might not be aware of. 

The first is it's really hard to sign Ozzie players. You're not allowed to put in transfer bids for A League players, only do swap deals (which I found impossible to do), so the only way you can get them is either from lower league or from foreign leagues, or pay huge compensation fees for A League players on youth contracts. Which is why the only decent Ozzie keeper I could get is Pavlovic who's about to arrive on a free. 

The other issue is there's a total wage cap on the rules, which is checked on the squad registration screen - you can't register players if the total wage bill is above the cap, and if you leave out unregistered players not on youth contracts they get their contracts automatically mutually terminated. This wage cap is roughly half of our wage budget so we're already tight on that. So there's a slight advantage on having players on youth contracts, they save money on the wage bill and the compensation fees are high so it's still hard for the other Ozzie clubs to grab them. But I did miss that Reid was on a youth contract and should've got him on a pro deal. 

This also means that getting rid of overpaid players to open up room in the wage cap for possible new signings, might be a priority. 

Thanks @noikeeeVery good points. 

Never managed in AUS and although I knew about the rules from this thread, still managed to ignore it when looking at the squad. 

"and if you leave out unregistered players not on youth contracts they get their contracts automatically mutually terminated"

I thought it was strange that we had 2 decent players on Youth contracts. Now it makes more sense. So we couldn't afford to register them, and the only way of keeping them around was to also keep them on Youth contracts. That seems very much like a double-edged sword to me. 

No pressure @Minuy600and @Mandy42but one of you better win the league because if we are still  in Australia when I take over..... we're moving. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Thanks @noikeeeVery good points. 

Never managed in AUS and although I knew about the rules from this thread, still managed to ignore it when looking at the squad. 

"and if you leave out unregistered players not on youth contracts they get their contracts automatically mutually terminated"

I thought it was strange that we had 2 decent players on Youth contracts. Now it makes more sense. So we couldn't afford to register them, and the only way of keeping them around was to also keep them on Youth contracts. That seems very much like a double-edged sword to me. 

No pressure @Minuy600and @Mandy42but one of you better win the league because if we are still  in Australia when I take over..... we're moving. :lol:

Well tbh I think there was still JUST about enough room for us to afford them under the wage cap. It's just that I got a bit scared after what what happened with Ristovski. I decided to promote him from the youth and give him a pro deal right around the time the registration window closed, he accepted after it closed and I didn't notice he wasn't part of the registered players, so I was suddenly left with an unregistered player for the league, who then started tearing it up in the champions league. :lol:

Couple other tips:

There's a completely free foreigner slot (in the CL) for an Asian player. I tried to scout a lot of Iranian, Japanese, Thai players, check them out. 

There's a "designated" player status, if you hired a designated player they don't count towards the wage cap. Unfortunately I was unable to find any of them, not too sure how that works. 

Unlucky @noikeee and you done better then me and others so far so pat yourself on the back.

I personally think we shouldn't move clubs until we bring A-League and AFC glory to MacArthur FC.

Maybe we should take over each continent and complete it bit by bit

What do you think @andychar?

Also @noikeee if you want to go before me next time we go around then that is fine as I am not as detailed as you are with your squad building. I tend to just bring young players with good potential and never think about over stacking in one position etc so I am happy for you to go before me.

Come on lads someone has to step up and bring success to FC MacArthur.

16 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Unlucky @noikeee and you done better then me and others so far so pat yourself on the back.

I personally think we shouldn't move clubs until we bring A-League and AFC glory to MacArthur FC.

Maybe we should take over each continent and complete it bit by bit

What do you think @andychar?

Also @noikeee if you want to go before me next time we go around then that is fine as I am not as detailed as you are with your squad building. I tend to just bring young players with good potential and never think about over stacking in one position etc so I am happy for you to go before me.

Come on lads someone has to step up and bring success to FC MacArthur.

I think it should all come to whoever is in charge at the time. If that person doesn't want to manage in a certain country or a certain team then they shouldn't be forced. For example I'm a Rangers fan so if we were in charge of Celtic you bet you're ass I'd be getting out of there ASAP.

16 minutes ago, andychar said:

I think it should all come to whoever is in charge at the time. If that person doesn't want to manage in a certain country or a certain team then they shouldn't be forced. For example I'm a Rangers fan so if we were in charge of Celtic you bet you're ass I'd be getting out of there ASAP.

Yeah that is enough, Rangers are my favorite Scottish team so maybe we can manage them at some point.

Will be good to see what happens next in this career thread.

Alright, since @noikeee and @Jimbokav1971 both already share their thoughts on their squad, i'll keep it brief in that regard.

Based on our current tactics (which I wouldn't want to mess with honestly), it appears we need at least one goalkeeper, one right-mid and one lefthanded attacking midfielder. We only have 1 (one) in each position and we don't even have a regular left-mid at all. Once the transfer window's open i'll take a look around, same with our development centre to see what young talents lie around.

Now that's that out of the way... how have the other leagues gone as time has passed? Nobody has covered them so I may as well be the first to do so.

England:

image.thumb.png.0a2fbbebe16ea36b0451fb740f2b34fb.png

Tottenham have finally done it. Took 'em 30+ years, but they sure did it. Leicester have been surprisingly tard after a 9th place the season before and rejoin the Championship after a decade.

image.thumb.png.bf23054fbb04566d39e69001ae40ae41.png

Yes that's Crewe in the Championship :lol: Unsurpisingly they really didn't do all that well and sink to the League One, together with Coventry and rather shockingly, Sheffield Wednesday. Blackburn and Stoke get to decide who gets back into the Prem.

Italy:

image.thumb.png.54b6cf21b45554737643dea721d69aaf.png

Italy's been rather boring. AC Milan and Atalanta have effectively swapped places, and Cittadella has done well to stay up. That's... pretty much it. Inter also broke Juve's dominance in 2023.

image.thumb.png.eb75625edf178a2f0c930bb690bb2030.png

An awful showing from both Chievo and Pescara might see them both relegated into the Serie C while having played in the Serie A as recently as 2019... ouch. Monza are also edging towards promotion slowly but surely after joining the Serie B in 2021.

Mexico:

image.thumb.png.2208fcb942bd223be696dfad89454ac2.png

Correcaminos got promoted for the first time last season but they really weren't able to measure up against the 'men' of Mexican soccer. Interestingly, Monterrey won the Apertura but couldn't even qualify for the playoffs of the Clausura. Tijuana also topped the table after finishing in 12th in the Apertura.

image.thumb.png.39669447b70eaa686a31dc3365b4d7f3.png

...I got nothing. Anyone fill me in on the Mexican 2nd tier real quick? :D

Scotland:

image.thumb.png.dbef118fcfde17b9b2adab5312580f44.png

*pretends to be shocked*

Aberdeen being down in 9th is the one and only surprise you'll find here, sorry folks.

image.thumb.png.bfaa5be38249acdae5364c3490688d75.png

Clyde did a Crewe but couldn't manage such a high level. Kilmarnock shot themselves in the foot big time.

Morton joins the league while Parthick Thistle lost against Alloa in the playoff final.

Formantine United and Kelty Hearts are the lucky sods that got to play in the League Two via that convoluted promotion system. Queen's Park and Brechin are outta there.

Spain:

image.thumb.png.c4f021afc7d40ab404bdb85641d265dd.png

Atleti aren't the dominant factor like they are on my save, and let both Valencia and Sociedad slip into the CL after bottling it in the 36th and 38th match. No surprises otherwise.

image.thumb.png.82caf77d4d05d023d8e41aa8fb897d47.png

FC Andorra is inching closer towards the big leagues, Cartagena are also having a rise on their own. Both could technically be relegated but I don't see that happening.

USA:

image.thumb.png.891291ef7cd74584b31e6054b30d0173.png

Nashville did what we couldn't as a new club, as they won the MLS in 2023. Seems as if LA Galaxy really can't do without Zlatan magic.

If there's any questions, i'll answer them, don't be shy.

Edited by Minuy600

Just now, wynter said:

Nah.

What leagues have we got loaded actually?

All leagues I mentioned a few posts ago, among with the 3rd and 4th tier of England and Scotland.

I'm removing the 3rd and 4th tier of Scotland in favor of the Croatian leagues by the way. Fits the 'Managerovic' narritive and it's a fun league to play in, why not.

image.thumb.png.cc9a31d961136c7376a45f94edd51775.png

Never in doubt, though would've liked to have scored at least once to make it more comfortable.

image.thumb.png.a56e7a9a06e7340b8d3679327290a622.png

Looks like this is truly the final season in charge.

image.thumb.png.47c22e317c12c730e9f048d0d7936dd7.png

We're going to China once more and they're not even as good as Guangzhou are. Hopefully this isn't some banana skin of sorts.

Between Strikerless and tossing about a Pentagon idea, all we need is a Youth Only stint at a club and we'll be down for the most hipster Joint FM Save to ever exist.

Edited by wynter

1 hour ago, Minuy600 said:

All leagues I mentioned a few posts ago, among with the 3rd and 4th tier of England and Scotland.

I'm removing the 3rd and 4th tier of Scotland in favor of the Croatian leagues by the way. Fits the 'Managerovic' narritive and it's a fun league to play in, why not.

I've never managed in Croatia....... :cool:

13 hours ago, noikeee said:

Croatia is awesome, one of my favourite leagues. Except for the long winter break which sucks when a good few seasons in and the game starts to lag a bit to process. 

The extremely long pre-season in Australia is similar so no losses there.

July & August

image.thumb.png.2e7a2d73238540ee1071d62249b3c1d2.png

Easy does it against lower league opposition. WSW were absolutely woeful in the cup as we scored all of our goals in the first half, while Beijing gave us a scare which was only set straight in the 91st minute. Pretty auto-pilot so far to be honest, though that'll change in 2 months time when the A-League starts.

Edited by Minuy600

image.thumb.png.ff7122dea2546bdc8c02c716cf4a5379.png

We had to play half of our youths in the cup against Sydney as everyone was out on international duty :lol:

image.thumb.png.0bee82c6bf93dda2a88b91b8ebb69e56.png

Luckily that didn't trouble us too much, we played some fine football as per usual and get another home match against Perth Glory, which will boost our finances a little I presume.

Apologies for being slow by the way. College/internship has begun again and therefore I only get to play during the evening and on weekends. Please tell me to hurry up if I have to, I could squeeze a few more matches out a day if I concentrate more.

1 hour ago, Minuy600 said:

image.thumb.png.ff7122dea2546bdc8c02c716cf4a5379.png

We had to play half of our youths in the cup against Sydney as everyone was out on international duty :lol:

image.thumb.png.0bee82c6bf93dda2a88b91b8ebb69e56.png

Luckily that didn't trouble us too much, we played some fine football as per usual and get another home match against Perth Glory, which will boost our finances a little I presume.

Apologies for being slow by the way. College/internship has begun again and therefore I only get to play during the evening and on weekends. Please tell me to hurry up if I have to, I could squeeze a few more matches out a day if I concentrate more.

I'm next and i'm in no real rush, it has to be fun or there is no point.

22 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

I don't think anyone minds you taking a "little" longer. How long do you think it will take you to finish the season?